Unofficial Portkey Archive

Things Don't Always Go as Planned by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

princess.harmony

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

Chapter Eight: We Need to Talk

AN: Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while, busy high school life got in the way. Please enjoy and don't forget to review!!

Hermione finally gave up and plopped on to her bed and screamed into her pillow. Hermione stayed in this position till it was time to eat dinner. After eating, and avoiding Harry's eye contact she quickly went back into her room and lied flat on her flat staring at the ceiling. Why does Harry make me feel this way? Out of all the people who could possibly make me feel this way, it had to be Harry Bloody Potter. And why now?

Hermione got up from her bed and quickly got ready for bed, trying to avoid Harry as much as possible for now. She got into her bed. "Maybe it's just go away. Just like how these feeling appeared out of nowhere, hopefully, no these feelings they will disappear.", Hermione said trying to convince herself before falling into a restless night sleep with dream full of a jet-black hair, emerald eyed wizard.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione has been avoiding Harry as much as possible for two weeks now since the incident. She's locked up in her room doing nothing but boring herself to death. So far, Hermione has read all the books she had received from Harry, twice. Not to mention, she even got some of the wedding plans done.

Even though she has been interacting with everyone else, she hadn't felt this lonely since Harry left.

As Hermione lay on her bed, she began to grow tired of reading Hogwarts, A History the second time today. So she decided to push the book on the side as she rested her head on the hook of her arm. To think, that this "feeling" would go away by now. All this "feeling" has done is just grow stronger and stronger with each day.

"I need to clear up my mind. I need to go take a shower." Hermione said as she bolted up from her bed. She made sure she looked down the hall to see if Harry was anywhere in sight, before making her way to the bathroom.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After the incident, Harry immediately owled Angelo telling him what happened and asking advice on what to do. As Harry was waiting for Angelo's advice, he did what he does the best-blame himself for what happened and for ruining years of friendship.

Immediately after Harry sent the letter, he quickly got a response from Angelo saying that if Harry truly wanted to continue the relationship he needed to talk to Hermione about what happened and he shouldn't be blaming himself for what happened. Harry knew Angelo was right but knowing Hermione, he knew that she would need a little of space before discussing what exactly happened.

While Hermione was locked up in her room trying to avoid Harry as much as possible, Harry was taking walks to clear his mind and to give Hermione some space. Harry would be so lost in his thoughts while he went go for his walks that he would not remember his way back to the Burrow and would have to apparate back.

As Harry was on his usually walk today, he kept repeating the incident in head over and over again. How could I be so stupid! Everything was going great, I until I screwed this up. Not to bloody mention she is engaged! I need to go talk to her today. I terribly miss her. I know that she needs space, but each day I put off talking to her, I feel like she is slipping away. In that moment Harry realized that he needed to talk to Hermione now. Harry quickly stop and apparated back to the Burrow.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione finished her shower. She wiped off the fog off the mirror then checking herself before heading back to the room. The shower did help a little bit, but not so much. She sighed to herself before opening the door of the bathroom to see Harry just about to enter his room.

The sight of Harry took her breath away; she could hear her heart pounding a tremulous pace. What should I do? What should I do? Should I stay here or should I just walk right pass him? Before Hermione could decide, Harry already saw her. It was too late.

"Hermione?" Harry asked as he cornered Hermione.

Hermione silently cursed herself for not checking if the coast was clear before leaving the bathroom. "Yes?" Hermione answered not making eye contact.

"Hermione, we need to talk." Harry said firmly.

"Well, you see um I got to do something-in my room. Yes, in my room. If you would just excuse me.", Hermione said looking everywhere, but into Harry's eyes. As Hermione tried to get pass Harry, she felt him grab her wrist causing her to turn around and look at him. She felt like he was staring into her soul.

"Please.", Harry begged.

Hermione closed her eyes and sighed in defeat. He's right; we need to talk about this. We have been avoiding each other way too long. She looked into his deep emerald eyes that have been haunting her in her dreams every night, and said "Okay."

With that said and done, Harry and Hermione went inside Harry's room. As she entered Harry's room she took a seat at the edge of Harry's bed while Harry closed the door for privacy before making his way next to Hermione.

"About what happened two weeks ago, I'm sorry I should have never done that-it was stupid." Harry began. It hurt her to make Harry think it was his entire fault, and that facts that she was avoiding him this whole week cause her to feel guiltier. Just as Hermione was going to say something, Harry cut her off. "I know that things are awkward between us, but-", Harry said now turning to face her and hold both her hands before continuing, "I don't want to lose you, it was a stupid mistake and I don't know what gotten over me."

Hermione felt like she just got hit by a bus of guilt, it was killing her. Hermione just quickly got off from the bed, her back was facing against Harry. "Harry, let's just forget about it. We were just caught up in the moment. It was nothing."

Hermione lowers her head, her back still facing Harry. "And if we are to blame someone for why we are like this right now, it should be me.", Hermione continued. Even though she hated to admit it, but she has been trying to avoid Harry as if he was a flesh eating disease.

Harry got up and placed his hands on her shoulders. "It wasn't your fault." Harry reassured her.

"Yes it is. It was stupid of me to avoid you. Here I am asking you to never leave me again, and I go and avoid you. We are suppose to be best friends, tell each other everything, talk with each other if something is bothering one of us. What kind of best friend am I?" Hermione said while tears falling freely from her face.

Harry stood right in front of her and lifted her face with his finger. He stared into her beautiful brown eyes. "You are the most amazing best friend I could ever ask for. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here today." Harry said before pulling her into a tight embrace.

They stayed like this for a while. Just before breaking apart, Hermione looked at Harry. "Thanks Harry."

Harry and Hermione made their way back onto the edge of the bed, Hermione resting her head on Harry's shoulders. "I missed you Harry." Hermione said. Merlin knows how much I missed you Harry. "I missed you too, Hermione." Harry replied back.

Shortly, Ron came bursting into the door causing Harry and Hermione to quickly break apart. "Harry have you seen Her-", Ron asked shock to find Hermione in Harry's room.

"Ron!" Hermione said shockingly.

"Hermione.", Ron said suspiciously.

"You asked for me?"

"Yes, I want to take you out for lunch on Valentine's Day on my lunch break to make up for not being able to come to Daisy's wedding. Maybe at the Three Broomsticks? And maybe afterward we can do the wedding dress fitting that my mother keeps bugging me to go with you?"

"No, it's alright Ron. You would probably be busy and besides Harry just got back from America I don't want to leave him alone."

"I'm pretty sure; Harry can stand a day with you Hermione. Right Harry?" Ron said looking at Harry expectantly.

"Um, yeah. Don't worry about me Hermione; I think I got plans of my own that day." Harry said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Ron smiled. "Then it's settled then." Ron said before giving Hermione a quick kiss on the lips and then leaving the room.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: Sorry guys it's been so long! I know this was a short update; hopefully the next one is longer. I'll try to update within a week, but no promises. I know you guys can't wait for the wedding only one more chapter left before wedding week for sure, so keep on reading! Apologies for spelling/grammar errors. If you guys know a beta willing to read this story, please let me know. Thank you for all your reviews! Please don't forget to review!