Unofficial Portkey Archive

Things Don't Always Go as Planned by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

princess.harmony

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

Chapter Ten: Staying with the Grangers:

AN: Yay, the wedding week we have all been waiting for is finally here! So let's begin reading!!!

"Seriously?"

"Seriously. Ron, I swear if you ask me again I will then have something to be upset about and trust me I will hex you to next week if you don't stop."

"Fine. I'm sorry again.", Ron apologized before kissing her gently on the forehead and leaving the room.

Hermione truly wasn't upset or disappointed that Ron stood her up today. She wouldn't give a care in the world actually. Which is quite odd, normally she would be raging with anger right now. But honestly this time, she didn't know why.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry woke up at the crack of dawn, but he wasn't alone. Everyone in the Burrow were up and ready to say their goodbyes. Today was the day Ron, Angelina, and George were portkeying to America while Harry and Hermione plan to attend Hermione's cousin, Daisy's wedding.

I'm not really sure about this wedding week with Hermione, and Hermione alone. I've already decided to try to keep my feelings under control in secrecy but just thinking about having a week alone with Hermione I'm not sure it will really help me with that.

Interrupting his thoughts he heard a knock on the door. "Come in," he shouted.

"Harry, they are about to leave. We better say our goodbyes.", Hermione warned him. Harry nodded in agreement before following Hermione and ascending downstairs.

Everyone was already sharing their farewells to one another. Harry said his goodbyes and to Angelina and George. "Take care and remember if you need any help my friend, Angelo will be willing to. He is expecting you three by the way.", he said to George before turning around to face Ron.

Harry gave him a genuine smile then Ron smiled back before both pulled each other into a manly friendly hug. "Take care of Hermione while I'm gone.", Ron said still holding onto Harry.

"I promise."

"And don't let any guy dance with her at the wedding.", he teased making sure Hermione could hear him.

"Ronald Weasley!", Hermione scolded him by swatting his arm as he pulled away from Harry.

"I'll miss you.", Ron said while wrapping his arm around Hermione making Hermione very uncomfortable.

"I'll miss you too. Well, you better get going. Take care Ron.", Hermione said sincerely.

"Bye.", Ron said before giving Hermione a kiss on the lips before heading toward the portkey.

Harry had to turn away from the sight right in front of him. He could hear his heart break into a million pieces. He wondered if Hermione heard it too because she flashed him a concerned look as she made her way toward him to watch Ron, Angelina, and George portkey away to America.

Once they finally left, Hermione turned to Harry and asked, "Are you alright, Harry?".

"I'm fine.", Harry said hoping she would let the subject go.

"Oh alright.", she said not totally convinced. "We better get ready; we leave in about half an hour.". Harry nodded as he watched her head upstairs towards her room leaving before he could reply.

After waiting for a few minutes he finally headed upstairs to get ready. Making sure he had everything he needed for a week, he finally tapped his luggage and shrunk them placing them into his pockets. He headed downstairs to wait for Hermione.

He was sitting in the lounge waiting for Hermione. I wonder what she got planned for us to do for this whole week. He was soon interrupted by his thoughts by Hermione voice. "Harry are you ready?", Hermione asked dragging two large luggage.

Harry acting on instinct got up and carried her two luggages for her. "Why are you carrying these two large luggages? You should have asked me for help or at least shrink them.", Harry scolded her.

Hermione looked at the ground like a guilty child caught sticking their hand in the cookie jar blushing slightly. "Harry, thanks for your concern but I can handle carrying theses myself. Besides, if I do shrink them they never go back to the perfect size."

Just before reply back he was pulled into a motherly hug by Mrs. Weasley. "Harry, you better take care of yourself. Make sure you eat and put some meat onto these bones. Behave yourself!", Mrs. Weasley ordered as she pulled away. Harry smiled at her sweetly. "Of course."

"Same goes with you, Hermione dear and say hi to your parents for me.", Mrs. Weasley said as he pulled Hermione into a similar motherly hug.

"Yes Molly.", Hermione answered.

"Well, you two better get going. It's going to be so lonely without all of you.", Mrs. Weasley said starting to get a little teary eyed.

"Bye.", Hermione said while Harry took Hermione's luggage and headed out the door.

"So, how are you planning for us to travel?", Harry asked Hermione as they walked through the door.

Hermione flashed Harry a beautiful smile making Harry's heart skip a beat. "The muggle way of course.", she said before turning a stone nearby into a six seat black elegant car.

This is going to be interesting, Harry thought as he placed the luggage into the trunk.

Hermione was already sitting in the front middle seat as Harry took the driver's seat. "You know how to drive right Harry?", Hermione asked. "Yes, I learned when I was back in America.", Harry answered. "Well, we better start going if we want to arrive to my parent's house before dinner."

Harry started the car and began to drive. Hermione pulled out a map from her pocket. "I charmed the map to show a route from the Burrow to my parent's house. It sort of works like a GPS."

She never fails to amaze me. "So, Hermione what do you have planned for us this whole week?", Harry asked keeping his eyes on the road.

"Well, I was planning to stay with my parents for two days then maybe have two days to explore the city and after the wedding, we could relax a bit before heading back to the Burrow. If there is anything you would want to do, we can add it to our plans.", Hermione explained.

"Sound good. Speaking about your parents, what are your parents like?", Harry asked. Harry honestly was curious of what the two people who raise the woman he loved were like.

"Oh, Harry. It only occurred to me I've spoke very little about my parents to you and Ron. Where to begin?", Hermione asked herself tapping on her chin. "Well, they are dentists but you already knew that. My father's name is Christopher and my mother's name is Jane.", Hermione continued as Harry took in the new information.

"Just drive up to the main road, then I'll tell you where to go from there.", she instructed. "Right, my parents. Well, I don't know what else to tell you. They are kind and love me unconditionally. Um, they are quiet old. Sadly, before I was born my parents had trouble conceiving a child. My mother suffered several miscarriages. Then, I was finally born and it was too late to have any more children."

"I'm sorry, Hermione.", Harry said looking into Hermione's eyes briefly before looking back onto the road.

"It's alright Harry. I feel guilty that they couldn't have more children. Then going to Hogwarts, being gone half my life and having them fully support and accept me as witch makes it worst. Did you know you're the first one to know that much about my parents?", Hermione asked yawning starting to drift fast asleep.

"No, I didn't and I'm honored.", Harry said before sneaking a glance at Hermione to find her fast asleep. She looks absolutely beautiful sleeping‒like an angel. Harry carefully took the map out of Hermione's hands with one hand while keeping the other hand on the wheel.

"I think I know where to go.", Harry said to himself as he quickly glance back and forth from the map to the road.

Then suddenly he felt a pleasing weight on his left shoulder. He smiled to himself at the sight in front of him. Hermione shifted in her sleep, her head shifted to fit perfectly onto Harry's shoulder.

You don't know how wonderful it feels to just be with you, Hermione. Even though it's hard to watch you with Ron, I'll do it because I rather have you in my life as a friend than not have you in my life at all. Harry sighed to himself and continued to drive. It's going to be a long week.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione's eyes slowly started to flutter open. What happened? Hermione woke up to the most wonderful sight. "Good morning, sunshine. We are here.", Harry greeted her making feel this warmth in spread throughout her whole body.

"What do you mean "We are here" ?", Hermione asked.

"Here as in your parent's house."

"You mean, I fell asleep the whole ride here? I'm so sorry, Harry", Hermione apologized while getting off Harry's shoulder "I was suppose to help you, but I fell asleep on your shoulder. Ugh, I'm so sorry." I knew I should have slept early last night, but I was so excited about this week with Harry I couldn't sleep at all last night.

"It's okay, Hermione. Honestly, I didn't mind you falling asleep. I use to go to road trips by myself in America and I'm pretty sure I can read a map by now. We better get going inside, we don't want to keep your parents waiting.", Harry reassured her before for exiting through the door then walking around to the other side to open the door for her.

"Thank you.", Hermione said to Harry before he went to retrieve her luggage. He is such a gentleman. Hermione smiled to herself at the house she spent growing up in. It was a simple white two story house with black roof and a brown door. She thought about all the fond memories she had in this house.

"Are you ready?", Harry asked disturbing her thoughts. She nodded before leading the way to the front door.

On the way to the front door, Hermione lost her footing then slipped. Fortunately, Harry was there and he let go of her luggage to catch Hermione. Hermione felt that "feeling" come up again. She could hear her heart beat fast as if it wanted to beat right through her chest. But Hermione quickly tried to put those feeling aside again.

"Are you alright?", Harry asked her looking concerned. "I'm fine Harry. I just slipped over some melted snow.", she reassured Harry as she got up on her own two feet again.

They finally arrived at the front door and rung the doorbell. Mrs. Granger opened the door and let them both into the house and took their coats from them. Mrs. Grangers was petite like Hermione. She also had the same bushy hair like Hermione but it was black with a few gray hairs every now and then. She also had warm welcoming brown eyes. Then they were soon faced my Mr. Granger. He was quite tall; he looked like he was in his late 50s. He has brown eyes and short brown grayish hair.

"Mum, Dad this is my best friend, Harry Potter.", Hermione introduced.

"It's a pleasure to formally meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Granger.", Harry said as he stuck out his hand to give a formal handshake. To his surprise Mrs. Granger took his hand pulled him to a motherly hug. "There is no need to call us Mr. and Mrs. Granger, please Harry call us Chris and Jane."

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Harry. It's an honor to meet this "Harry", our dear Hermione talk about all the time.", Mr. Granger added.

Hermione blushed at the comment and tried to defend herself. "I don't really talk about him all the time dad."

"Sure", Mr. Granger said sarcastically causing Harry to let out a laugh.

"Well, Hermione please show Harry the guess room. While your father and I will prepare the table for dinner.", Mrs. Granger asked.

"Sure thing mum.", Hermione said before leading Harry upstairs.

Mr. Granger waited till they were upstairs before opening his mouth. "They shouldn't be upstairs alone Jane."

Mrs. Granger laughed. "Chris, Hermione is not a little girl nor is Harry a little boy. Besides they aren't teenagers anymore. They are young adults. I'm sure they can behave themselves. Anyways, Hermione is engaged."

"I know that Jane, but Harry is different than Ron. I just have this gut feeling something that there is going on between them two."

Mrs. Granger nodded her head, not listening to a word Mr. Granger was saying while walking toward the kitchen. "Well, whatever that feeling is just leave it alone and come help me set up the table."

Upstairs, Hermione argued that she could carry it to her room on their way upstairs, but Harry wouldn't listen. He can be so stubborn sometimes. They finally came to a white door that had "Hermione's Room" written on it. Hermione opened the door, "Here is my room."

Hermione room was very simple, but fit perfectly for her. Her room was a dark maroon with a dark wood four post queen size bed. Of course there were a few book shelves and a desk on the side. There were pictures of the golden trio all over along with pictures of herself and her parents.

"It fits you, Hermione.", Harry said setting down her luggage before looking around her room a bit.

"Thanks.", Hermione said blushing slightly. "You can get an official tour later, let's get you settled into the guess room first.", Hermione said leading the way across the hall.

"Well, the bathroom is down the hall and you'll be staying here. Just like at the Burrow your room is just across the hall from mines.", Hermione said showing him the guess room. "I hope you like it."

"It's wonderful.", Harry said looking at the room he will be staying for the next two days. The room was a simple light shade of green with a queen sized bed in the center of the room.

"I'll just leave you here till dinner so you get comfortable.", Hermione said before leaving into her room and getting settled in.

It actually feels nice being back home, but for some reason I feel like it's even better that Harry came along. She was soon interrupted when Mr. Granger knocked on doors telling Harry and Hermione it was time for dinner.

When Harry and Hermione arrived downstairs towards the dinner table a lovely meal was already set for them to dig in. It was a meal Ron would just swallow down. It was steak with garlic sauce on the side, along with a fresh tossed salad. There were chopped seasoned potatoes and fresh boiled vegetables as side dishes.

"I know you guys must be hungry traveling all day. So I prepare a big meal, Harry don't be shy dig in.", Mrs. Granger said as she took the seat next to Mr. Granger and across from Hermione who was sitting next to Harry.

"Oh trust me mom, we are hungry. I could hear Harry stomach growl on our way here.", Hermione said adding some salad onto her plate.

Everyone laughed as they watch Harry turn red from embarrassment.

"Harry, Hermione was telling me you lived in America for the last five years. What was it like there?", Mrs. Granger asked trying to start a conversation.

"Well, I didn't want to leave all my friends here but after the war I need time alone and think some things over."

Mr. and Mrs. Granger nodded understanding what he meant. They knew all the horrible things he has been through at a young age from all the stories Hermione told them after retrieving their memory. It was always a wonder how he stayed sane with all those horrible things happen to him‒no parents, no family support, lost the very people who were very dear to him.

"I understand. I just want to personally thank you for watching and taking care of Hermione after all these years. After telling us what happened we are so grateful.", Mr. Granger said sincerely.

"Oh, there is no reason to thank me. If it wasn't for your daughter, I wouldn't be alive today. She saved my life a billion times and she never left my side. Besides, I believe she can care of herself. I actually want to apologize for putting Hermione in danger.", Harry said honestly.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger were shock to hear those words come from the hero of the wizarding world. It amazed them how truly humble and sweet his young man was.

"Oh Harry, you didn't put me in danger. I decided to never leave your side, so there is no need to blame yourself. It was my choice an my choice alone.", Hermione said.

Mrs. Granger looked at them suspiciously. 'Maybe Chris is right. Maybe there is something going on between them', she thought. Then she looked at Chris as if he could read her own mind and smiled at her triumphantly. She laughed to herself of how childishly he was acting.

After they ate dinner, Harry began to gather the plate and help Mrs. Granger clear the table.

"I'll wash dishes.", Harry offered.

Hermione took the dishes out of Harry's hands. "Harry, please you're the guess."

"Hermione's right.", Mr. Granger agreed also helping out to clear the table.

"But you guys have done so much for me, it's the least I could do.", Harry said looking at Hermione.

Hermione let out a sigh, knowing he won't take no for an answer. "Fine, I'll wash and you can dry.", Hermione said making a compromise.

"Deal."

After washing dishes, they all gathered around the lounge and talking with each other. After talking with each other a bit getting to know one another better, Chris and Jane called it a night.

"Goodnight Harry, Hermione", Mr. Granger said as he and Mrs. Granger headed upstairs to bed.

"Goodnight, they replied back.

"I think we should go to bed too.", Hermione said while getting up from the couch heading upstairs soon to be followed by Harry.

"Goodnight.", Hermione said before entering in her room.

"Goodnight."

After getting ready for bed and lying in her bed, Hermione kept tossing and turning. She just couldn't go to sleep. She was just not tired. After arguing to see if Harry is awake, Hermione got out of her bed tossing the sheets over and headed towards Harry's room.

Hermione quietly walk across the hall. I hope he is awake. She quietly knocked the door waiting for a response. "Harry? Harry are you awake?", she whispered as she entered the room.

Hermione smiled to herself. She was touched by the sight in front of her. He fell asleep as soon as he lay onto his bed. Harry was really tired. He hadn't changed and he was still wearing his glasses.

"Oh Harry.", she whispered making sure not to wake Harry up. She transformed his current clothes to pajamas then taking off his shoes before levitating him and tucking him in. He looks so peaceful in his sleep. She took off his glasses and placing them next to the night stand. Absentmindedly she kisses Harry's forehead before turning off the lamp.

"Good night, Harry. Sweet dreams.", she said before heading to bed.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: FINALLY!!! First day of the wedding week is up, so let's see where this week takes us. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I don't know when the next update is, but hopefully it's soon. Please review!! I love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, criticism, and comments.