Unofficial Portkey Archive

Gaia's Champion by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Gaia's Champion

Kai_Lun_Mau

Disclaimer: No i do not own Harry Potter or any of the wonderful characters in J.K Rawlings books but god do i wish i did cause then i'd be rich...Rich...RICH!!!!

Gaia's Champion

By Kai Lun Mau

Gaia's Temple the legendary source of the heart of magic, a well of purest energy lost from the wizarding world for 2000 years had been found. Trying to split the forces of the Order of the Phoenix Voldemort sent the bulk of his Death on an almost pointless attack on Hogwarts whilst he, Draco Malfoy and Belatrix Lestrange made an assault on the temple in Voldemorts bid for ultimate power. Dumbledore in his wisdom sent Harry, Ron and Hermione to stop him. Once there the trio began what they hoped would be the final battle against the Dark Lord. Spells flew fast and furious in the temple chamber as Ron and Hermione battled Malfoy and Lestrange, Harry knowing that he had to stop Voldemort at all costs continued onto the main altar room.

Voldemort stood facing the black marble statue of the image of Gaia, spirit of the earth basking in the pure energy that crackled around the immense chamber his arms raised in triumph, finally ultimate power would be his. Harry crept silently into the room his face a mask of anger and hatred for the man who had robbed him of his family and his god father. Aiming his wand at Voldemorts back he whispered under his breath. "Stupefy." The wand tip glowed and a bolt of blue magic sizzled across the room to splash harmlessly across Voldemorts back.

Turning the Dark Lord hissed venomously at the sight of his nemesis aiming his wand he smiled a thin evil smile and with his high pitched laugh sent his own reply back to Harry. "Avada Kedavra!"

Stunned at his own spells ineffectiveness he didn't react in time when Voldemorts wand fired of the bolt of green magic and it cut through the charge atmosphere with a crackle to splash harmlessly across Harry's chest.

Voldemort yelled in triumph only to stare in shock as Harry remained standing grasping at his chest in shock. Yet again Potter had survived the killing curse. "NO!"

The pair of wizards wasted no more time as both raised their wands aiming at the other.

"Infernius!" "Frigidium!"

The temple shook as the two spells struck each other, fireball and Ice spike canceling each other out. Around them Pillars that had stood firm for centuries shuddered, dust fell from the ceiling as the two mortal enemies faced each other for the final time.

Around the true essense of magic flowed around them like a river, energy crackled as the pair cast elemental spell after elemental spell in the hopes of defeating the other. The greatest evil the Wizarding world had ever known screamed in frustration as yet another of his spells was countered, cursing the source for somehow altering the magical effects of the Killing Curse rendering the ultimate weapon in his arsenal of spells useless.

"Why wont you just die Potter!"

Harry just smirked pleased that for once it seemed like something was finally going his way when it came to Voldemort as it seemed as the the source was helping him.

"Aquaius!" "Electrium!"

A gyeser of torrental water speed from the tip of Voldemorts wand whilst Harry's wand started to spark and crackle a ball of electricity growing till it was the size of a basketball. As the water neared he released his grip on the swirling ball of energy and watched as it connected with Voldemort's Torrent of water racing along till it struck the tip of his wand, the very act seeming to carve a void in the magical field that surrounded the pair.

Voldemort screamed as he gripped his wand tighter as the electrical current wracked his rail thin body but his attention was on the void in the aura that was being filled like water filling a sink and it seemed to spark ignighting forming a massive bolt of lightning that connected with the tip of his wand and then for the Dark Lord everything went white.

Harry watched in fasconated awe as the lightning bolt connected finding it somewhat satisfying that his enemy had met his end with the very symbol he had marked harry with at birth, but his good cheer died on his lips as all around him the charged atmosphere ignited filling the chamber with its discharge.

Proving to much for the alrady weakend pillar they started to crack slowly collapsing the debris scattering across the floor as sections of the roof began to fall suit. Dazed, his skin raw like a bad sunburn Harry shook himself awake and pushed himself groggily to his feet and turned looking for the exit from the chamber. He gathered his bearing looking for his wand before giving up as all around him chunks fell from the ceiling and massive pillars of black marble collapsed, he turned to the doorway and grinned seeing his friend Ron braced against the entry arch.

"Ron!"

Harry staggered across the heaving floor still grining it was all going to be ok, but his grin faltered as he watched Ron aim his wand at the Pillar near the exit.

"Reducto!"

Harry watched horrified as the spell seemed to ooze from the tip of Rons wand and travel in slow motion across the intervening space and slammed into the base of the pillar reducing it to gravel. Slowly it toppled the huge blocks of stone crashing to the ground the ceiling abive falling as well blocking the only exit from the Altar room whilst all around Harry the Temple continued to collapse.

Harry just couldn't help it, he just started laughing. To have finally have defeated the the greatest threat to wizarding and Muggle worlds ever only to be left to die by his supposed best friend was just typical of how fate liked to kick him around. but soon there was just silence as the temple finally collapsed and swallowed the dark lord whilst taking his vanquisher with him.

TBC...