Unofficial Portkey Archive

Gaia's Champion by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Gaia's Champion

Kai_Lun_Mau

Chapter 10: Altercations

Ron smiled at the pair. "Hello Harry, I got your message though I'm afraid I'm going to have decline." Ron turned to the fifty or some red dragon acolytes at his back. "Get them!"

Time seemed to slow down for Harry and Dumbledore as over fifty Red Dragon acolytes raised their wands and with a torrent of multicolored light seemed to ooze from the tips before speeding up as Harry dived behind the balcony sliding in his stomach across the polished marble surface, he could barely make out the cry of Protego from Dumbledore over the cries and sounds of the spells being cast.

"Idiots!" Ron turned to face his followers. "Don't just stand there, kill them!" He turned to face his former Head master and raised his wand and smirked. "Infernius!" The tip of his wand seemed to flare and a fireball almost two feet in diameter exploded into exsistance and raced from the lobby up to the balcony where Albus stood and slammed solidly against the shield he had conjured and crashed through it. "Surprised Albus?"

Dumbledore shook his head. "Amplifiers Mr Weasely, though I shouldn't be surprised. But Amplifiers have limits, I have yet to show my true power. SONERUS!" The very walls trembled under the onslaught of sound as it traveled beyond sound almost gaining physical attributes as the shock wave blasted into the first ranks of Red Dragons hurling them aside but amidst the storm of sound Ron and Malfoy stood unaffected

"Really Albus is that the best you can do?" Ron smirked as he raised his wand and another ball of fire soared across the distance between the pair and he gaped as the ball of fire splashed harmlessly against a shimmering shield of energy.

"Of course not Ronald but that little charm was simply to set off the school security charms now all common room doors and teachers rooms can not be opened except by the head master of the school, as for the best I can do, there was a reason Voldemort was afraid to face me." With an almost casual flick of his wand Dumbledore sent a blast of energy crackling through the air towards Ron and Draco.

*********

Harry watched as his mentor and his hated advisary traded magical blows whilst he himself used reflexes he forgotten he once had to dodge the myriad of spells and hexes being sent at him by the acolytes, for the first time since his awakening he found himself cursing the loss of his original powers. He growled as he heard the sounds of several people running up the stairs rolling to the left he smiled a rather nasty smile as his eyes seemed to burn with flames and he waved his arm in a sweeping gesture and a wave of fire formed on the top step almost 5 feet in height and sweeped down the stair case setting robes alight in its wake.

Satisfied at the panicked screaming of the Red Dragons he climbed to his feet his eye colour shifting through the spectrum settling on an arcing silver and electricity crackled between his fingers and along his fore arms and aimed at the man holding the bound form of Hermione. All around the him atmosphere charged and hairs started to stand on end as the massive jolt of lighting lanced from Harry's hands blasting the man backwards through the foot thick aged oak doors of Hogwarts.

Seeing her chance Hermione shifted her balance slightly her hands bound tightly in front of her and she calmly walked through the melee of Acolytes towards Draco Malfoy who held her peacemaker wand. Tapping him lightly on the shoulder he didn't even think as he turned around and his nose met Hermiones forehead coming the other way, driving the blonde man backwards screaming in pain and blood pouring down his face the wand falling from numb fingers as he clutched at his nose. Snagging the wand out of the air Hermione braced her self and swung her booted foot solidly up between Malfoys legs driving him to his knees squealing.

Satisfied Hermione turned her attention back to the battle going on, three against fifty, even if the three were herself, Albus and Harry those where not good odds, seeing Harry running down the stair case towards her she didn't notice the several Stupefys sent her direction slamming against her enchanted body suit in roughly the same places burning away the leather blowing her off her feet into a crumpled heap against the wall.

With a primal scream of rage Harry's eyes went white and the temperature around him dropped rapidly as he ducked and dodged spells sent at him as he swung both arms out in a wide arc causing icicles, no more than two or three inches long to form and slam into the ranks of Red Dragons, acting like muggle bullets downing several of their attackers as he slid to a halt beside Hermione and grabbed her not thinking much about comfort and tossed her over his shoulder and bolted down an empty corridor. He skidded on polished tiles as he tried to keep his balance whilst trying to remember where the hell this corridor lead to. Suddenly he remembered and once again the nasty grin was back on his face.

********

Ron paled as the bolt of magic blasted against him causing his shield spells to shrink by a significant amount, he shook his head in denial no one was that strong it was impossible, even he who hand plundered the hidden treasure rooms of Alexander the Great to gain the amplifiers created from the remains of the last great Imperial Dragon did not have that kind of strength. He turned catching sight of Hermione bitch slapping Malfoy and then Harry's typical heroics but finding himself unable to do anything about it refocused his attention on Dumbledore. "Give up old man and I wont kill you, I will even let you keep this pathetic little school of yours after I claim my place as ruler of the magical world."

"Mr Weasely I have lived through two Dark Wizards that make you look like a child throwing a temper tantrum."

"FINE! HAVE IT YOUR WAY!" Rons temper finally broke and he screamed at his followers. "KILL HIM, AVADA KEDAVRA!" The bolt of sickly green light shot from several Wands and with a Pop of displaced air Dumbledore was no longer standing on the balcony, the bolts of death energy splashing against the back walls and against paintings burning holes in the canvas.

Snarling Ron turned to his remaining Followers. "Find that old man and kill him. I have more important things to do." Nodding his followers split up darting down passage ways whilst Ron kicked Malfoy. "Get up Ferret."

Still moaning in pain Malfoy got on his feet unsteadily standing like her was John Wayne and the Pair began the trek to Moaning Myrtles bathroom.

**********

Harry could hear the yells and cries of the Red Dragons that were chasing him and the unconscious Hermione and every now and again stopped long enough to keep the Dragons chasing him so as they wouldn't miss out on the surprise he had in store for them. Finally he arrived at where he wanted to be and kicked solidly at the glass door of Professor Sprouts number seven green house causing the lock to bust and the door to swing open as he dived inside running towards the back. Inside the magical plants stirred at their presence as vines and leaves seemed to reach for them as the pair passed. Very softly Harry tried to awaken Hermione shaking her gently trying to rouse her but it wasn't working. "Well it worked in fairy tales." He held her in his arms and lowered his face to hers his lips pressing tenderly against her for several seconds nothing happened then slowly her mouth opened his tongue gently gliding inside to caress her gently.

Hermione shivered the feel of the kiss threatening to wash her way in a torrent of emotion, the kiss wasn't passionate, it didn't need to be, the kiss was love pure and simple and as he tried to pull away her hand found itself buried in his raven strands pulling his lips back to hers. Finally she let the kiss end and smiled when she felt his forehead rest gently against hers. "I could get used to being woken up like that."

Harry smiled as his thumb softly caressed her cheek. "As much as I want keep going we are going to have company soon." He frowned as he could hear the yells of the Dragons coming closer

"Here they went this way!"

Harry stood and looked down at her. "Stay down ok I don't want you to get hurt."

Hermione looked at him her eyes furious. "I'm not a china doll Potter I wont break because a few lousy Red Dragons are trying to hex me."

Harry flashed her that nasty grin of his. "Its not the Red Dragons I'm worried about." He grabbed a pair of ear mufflers from the table beside them and handed a pair to Hermione. "Better cover your ears this will be loud."

Soon enough the doorway was filled with the pursuing Red Dragons who carefully made their way inside extremely wary of the plants and of Harry Potter. Cautiously the inched inside wands raised ready to defend them selves if need be when a voice brought them to a halt.

"You have betrayed Gaia, you have brought her vengeance upon yourselves, brothers, sisters, take them."

They turned to meet the gaze of Harry Potter but his eyes glowed with an almost jade like green. One of the Red Dragons smirked. "Die Pott....." He never got the chance to finish as suddenly a pair of green snapping jaws clamped down on top of him, his fellows staring in horror as he was literally bitten in half by something that looked like a venus fly trap except it was huge, then all hell broke loose as the Red Dragons tried to combat the green house gone insane. One ran for the door trying to escape only to come to a halt as a whip like vine seemed to strike him. Hermione nearly lost her lunch when she watched the acolyte split straight down the middle, the two halves splitting apart with a weird sucking noise.

The remaining wizards struck out blindly with Reductor curses causing plants and plant pots to explode. Harry smirked as a single spell struck the plant pot he was hoping they would causing it to to crack in half a large form tumbling out of the smoking earth. Hermione watched in shock at the full grown adult Mandrake plant started to scream. Windows in the greenhouse started to vibrate in their frames a the pitch steadily increased while all around them Red Dragons began to keel over their insides hemorrhaging eyes exploding in their sockets as the scream decimated their nervous systems. Several minutes later all was quiet and Harry's eyes reverted back to their normal emerald pupils. On shaky legs Hermione stood with Harry's help and they picked their way through the carnage of the green house back outside into the fresh air.

Taking her hand Harry tossed his ear mufflers back inside. "We need to get to Myrtles bath room just incase Ron manages to get past Dumbledore. If Ron gets to the well he'll screw us all."

"Lets go but when we catch him we feed him to the greenhouse ok?"

Harry grinned. "It's a deal."

***********

Ron stood before the sink that lead to the chamber of secrets. "Finally true power will be mine." He stepped back to the far wall of the bathroom. "Unless you want to be pulverized Ferret I suggest you step back." Ron raised his wand and focused everything he had on this single spell. "Reducto!" The tip of his wand surged as blue energy crackled along its wooden length and his arm recoiled as the bolt of destructive magic surged from the end and blasted through the sinks hiding the entrance. Smirking her turned to Malfoy. "Lets go."

***********

Our two heroes ran taking the stairs two at a time before they raced down the corridor towards Myrtles bathroom their footsteps splashing water all over the place. In the distance they could here Myrtle crying. Turning to Harry Hermiones face paled. "I think we are to late he's already here."

Bursting through the bathroom door the two surveyed the damage done. They both flinched slightly when they saw the ruined remains of the Portal entrance. "Damn it!"

"Look what they did to my Bathroom, no one cares about poor old moaning Myrtle's home do they!" She burst into another wail.

Harry looked at Hermione. "Lets go." It was simple no heroic speeches, no rousing battle cries, both of them knew to fail now was to doom the world to an evil far worse than Voldemort could ever hope to be. With such thoughts in mind Harry leapt into the black passage way.

**********

TBC...

AN: Yeah yeah I said this would be the 2nd last chapter.....I was wrong kinda reached a point where i couldn't continue due to working to hard so find a good end point and the next chapter will be the final Confrontation between Ron and Harry. Enjoy