Unofficial Portkey Archive

Gaia's Champion by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Gaia's Champion

Kai_Lun_Mau

AN: This chapter is rated R for the simple fact there is a LOT of swearing in this chapter

Chapter 8: Realisation

With a crack of displaced air Hermione ported back into her apartment standing in her bed room. Her face bright red, she couldn't believe she just kissed him, what was she thinking, but god that mouth, he tasted of spear mint and the tea they had been drinking. Smiling slight as she ran her tongue across her lips she slipped the Poncho off and laid it upon her bed neatly while she let the towel slip off and puddle on the ground.

With graceful movements she crossed her bedroom floor and opened up her cupboard and reached up pulling a black leather case from the top shelf and tossed it onto her bed. Walking over to it she performed the complex security charms rendering the defensive spells on it inert. Slowly she popped the two locks and opened the case and reaches in and removed a black leather body suit. "Never thought I would need to wear you again." Unfolding the one piece leather outfit she slips it on and slowly fastens the zipper. Reaching into the case she retrieves a blue velvet box and from inside removes a wand so well polished it gleams and she slowly slides it into a wand holster on her hip. She walks over to her bedside table and collects her other wand and with motions that speak of years of practise twists her haor up into a knot and locks it into place with the second wand. "Right Ron Weasely you got a lot of explaining to do.

Walking out into her hallway she activates the charms built into her body suit and with the telltale pop of air she apparates away to Rons Address.

*********

Ron sat in his study glaring at his second in command. "According to the journal Hogwarts is built on the site of the third temple, how the hell are we going to get to it."

Malfoy glared at his enslaver from across the room. "You the one in bloody charge you figure it out, because Dumbledores not going to just let you walk into Hogwarts and straight into the temple."

"Remember who you are talking to Malfoy." Reaching under his sleeve he just watched as Malfoy clutched at his head his face pale and a slow dribble of blood slid down from Malfoys nose. "Just remember I own you Ferret."

He turned away slipping his arm free from his sleeve an angry look on his face at a solid pounding on his homes front door. "Who the bloody hell..."

"Ronald Weasely you got a hell of a fucking lot of explaining to do you bastard!"

"What the bloody hell does that daft cow want." He scowled as he heard his House elf Jerkins open the door and he swore when he heard a very distinctive Stupefy.

************

Hermione scowled as she bounced off the Anti Apparating shield before finally giving up and apparating to the bottom of the drive way and began the long walk up to Weasely Manor. She grabbed the solid cast iron door knocker and thudded it several times against the aged oak.

"Ronald Weasely you got a hell of a fucking lot of explaining to do you bastard!"

After a few moments the door opened and she found herself looking into the large grey eyes of a House elf she knew was Jerkins. "Tell your Master Special Investigator Hermione Granger is here to see him."

Jerkins quivered and looked up at her. "Jerkins is sorry Miss but Master is not home."

Hermione smirked a facial expression very similar to the one Harry wore and looked down at the House elf. "Not here right?" The house elf nodded and Hermione in a slick fluid motion drew her wand from the holster and had it pointed at the elfs chest. "Stupefy!"

With a sound like a gun shot a jet of crimson energy shot from the wand and the elf sailed backwards through the air sliding to a halt on the polished marble floor several meters away. Calmly Hermione crossed the building fresh hold Wand still in her hand. "Ron you bloody coward get your arse out here."

With a scowl Ron opened his study door and walked into the hallway. "You know this is noway to treat your future employer you know. I'm afraid I will have to file a report about your actions here to today Herms."

"Stuff playing by the rules. Why did you betray him Ron, why did you do it?"

Ron sighed. "So he is back, what a suprise, the boy who lived who died and now seems to live again. "Boy's is making more comebacks than Willie Nelson." He shrug in answer to her question. "Simple enough answer I suppose I wanted his life, the fame the glory, especially the money."

Hermione looked at him horrified. "You left your best friend to die over something as fucking petty as that?"

"Its only petty to you Herms, to me it meant everything." Ron shrugged at her.

"Your coming with me Ron. Dumbledore wants you at Hogwarts, and after were done there your going to Azkaban for the rest of your pathetic miserable little life." She raised her wand threateningly at him.

Ron just smirked. "No Hermione I don't think I'll be going with you."

To late she saw the wand tip in the crack in the door way andheard the whispered Expellaramus and the red burst of magic that flew across the few feet between them striking her solidly on the hand causing her wand to sail out of her grasp.

Darting forward Ron used the Quidditch keepers skills he developed at Hogwarts to good advantage and grabbed her wand as it sailed through the air and pointed it at her. "Sorry Herms why don't you put your hands up and get into my study were we can....talk."

Raising her hands with a disgusted look on her face at someone she thought she knew she slowly crossed the hallway and entered the study looking around for whoever the accomplice was when her eyes halted on Draco Malfoy. "YOU!"

TBC...