Unofficial Portkey Archive

Gaia's Champion by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Gaia's Champion

Kai_Lun_Mau

Gaia's Champion

Chapter 2: The Return

Ronald Weasely Minister of Magic, it had a nice ring to it to Rons ears. Ten years it had taken him to get to this point, all starting when he stepped out of Harry Bloody Potters shadow and made his own name for himself as the finally defeater of the dark Lord. He occasionally felt a slight pang of guilt but he forced it down when ever it reared his head. In a way Voldemort was right the world isn't about right and wrong its about Power those with it and those without it. And Ron was definetly one of those with it now.

Leaning back in his plush leather chair Ron steepled his fingers the way he had seen the villians in those muggle movies that he had watched at Hermiones one summer do and thought back to the day he started his rise to power. Turning his hand over he stared at the scar that bisected his palm and for a few moments let the memories of that day wash over him.

***Flashback***

He watched as Harry made his way in a sprint dodging crimson and emerald blasts of magic as Draco and Bellatrix Lestrange tried to halt the charge of the boy who lived towards their master. "Damnit!" He raised his wand aiming at Draco "Expellaramus!" Draco blinked in shock as the spell splashed against the rock facing he was hiding behind and turned to glare at Ron.

"Weasel!"

"Ferret."

The hatred between these two was almost tangible as they both charged from their hiding places, wands raised, curses being fired at each other like gun fighters from a western shootout. Ducking and weaving Ron danced around Malfoys curses till finally the pair of wizards met in the centre of the chamber still shooting hexes at the other.

"Give it up Weasel you cant win!" Draco sneered at Ron as he raised his wand yet again to fire the killing curse.

"SHUT UP!" In a rage Ron wrapped his hand around Malfoys wand and snapped it in half whilst pointing his own into Malfoys chest screaming stupefy as loud as he could. Draco stared at his snapped wand in shock as he sailed backwards slamming solidly into the wall and sliding down its rough surface leaving a bloody smear in his wake.

Ron turned to look at Hermione who was bent over Bellatrix Lestrange screaming into the unconscious womens face before he turned and ran towards the doorway Harry had slipped through.

The hand he had used to grip Malfoys wand burned and when he glanced at palm he saw a line of burned skin going from oneside of his palm to the other. Forcing the pain from his mind Ron ran down the corridor till he reached another doorway highlight by brilliant flashes of colour, peeking his head around the corner he watched slightly awestruck as Hary dueled with You know who as massive balls of flame collided with chunks of ice. Suddenly everything went white and He was knocked to his knees but when the flash cleared He saw you know who lying there on the ground charred and smoking whilst Harry looking liked he recieved a major sunburn was pushing himself to his feet.

Damn it why couldn't they have killed each other, he scowled as he watched Harry turn to face him and their eyes met and he felt something inside himself click. All around them the roof was falling in and the marble pillars where collapsing and without really realising what he was doing he aimed his at the pillar nearest the exit and cast his spell.

The last image Ron had of Harry was the look of shock and disbeief of his former friends face when the pillar started to fall.

***End Flashback***

He smiled at the memory of everything that had happened in the days afterwards...Ron Weasely Hero of the Wizarding world, final defeater of the You know who and sole witness to the tragic duel between Harry Potter and Voldemort. Pathetic when you think about, the only two people who didn't seem to really believe his story was that old fool Dumbledore and Hermione bloody Granger, but you couldn't have it all he supposed.

The clock on his mantle chimed five o clock and he nodded to himself, another day done, time to go home and relax for a few hours. Grabbing the portkey on his desk he uttered the activation command and with the familiar jerk behind his navel found himself standing in the hallway of his manor.

"Good evening Master Weasely, your friend is waiting for you in the study."

Ron looked at his house elf servant strangely. "Friend?"

"Yes Sir, arrived in hallway like sir did, had sirs Portkey and house wards let friend in. So Jerkins showed sir to study to wait for Master Weasely to come home, Jenkins hopes that he has done nothing wrong Master Weasely?"

Ron frowned, the Elf had said the man had Rons Portkey, that the wards that Ron had set up to prevent any but his closest companions entering his home when he was not present had accepted this strangers presence. "No Jerkins would you kindly draw a bath for me whilst I meet with....my friend."

With a pop of displaced air the house elf was gone and Ron slipped his wand into his hand and walked to his study door and closed his hand around the handle and very gently eased the door open prepared for any kind of attack, only to find the study empty.

Ron scowled as he looked around the room for any signs of tampering and his eyes came to rest upon his desk, or rather what lay upon the surface. His wand fell from nerveless fingers as he walked over to the table and picked up a air of wirerimmed glasses with a cracked lens.

TBC...