Unofficial Portkey Archive

Gaia's Champion by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Gaia's Champion

Kai_Lun_Mau

Chapter 7: Discussions

Harry shook his head. "No not quite. You see there were three sites that Temples were originally built on, the one in Tibet, another on Atlantis which as it has sank beneathe the waves we can assume wont be the target and the third is here at Hogwarts."

Silence descended over the office as Hermione and dumbledore both sat there staring at Harry like he was some kind of weird two headed troll. "What do you mean the third was here at Hogwarts?"

Harry nodded. "Did no one ever stop ask themselves why Hogwarts was built here at this location. I mean sure the scenery is nice and all, what with the lake and the forest but why here."

Dumbledore looked thoughful with his fingers steepled together whilst Hermione nodded slightly. "Because there was a temple here right?"

Harry smiled at her. "Correct give the girl a cookie. The Founders didn't build this place as school at first, it was built to disguise and hide the largest temple site."

Dumbledore leaned forward. "While I freely admit Harry that I do not know everything about my school, something as important as this would have been documented somewhere, the power the well must give out would be felt by every magical magical being in the area."

"Not if the founders had shielded it. Think about it Albus the giant squid giant spiders, christ even a giant Bassilisk that had survived for god knows how long below the school. The well is here, I've even been inside it when I was 12 years old."

Now both Hermione and Dumbledore looked at him as if he had gone nuts. "Harry you hadn't even heard of Gaia when you were twelve, how could you have found....Ohhh!" Hermione nodded as comprehension dawned on her.

"The chamber of secrets?" Dumbledore stated more than asked but Harry nodded anyway.

"Yes, the founders decided what better way to put off people looking for the temple than to Transfigure it's appearance and start rumors of Salazars secret chamber where he sat plotting the demise of all none pureblood wizards." Harry laughed slighty. "Sorry I've been talking an awfully lot tonight would you mind if we had some refreshments?"

"Of course Harry, forgive my lack of manners but answers seemed more important at first."

"Dobby if you don't mind can you bring some tea to the Head Masters office please."

Hermione looked at her former could be probably is best friend strangely. "Um Harry Dobby hasn't been at Hogwarts since you died."

Grinning Harry just waited and soon enough there was a pop of displaced air and the House Elf had appeared bearing a tray of cakes cups and a pot of Tea. "Here you go Harry Potter sir can Dobby be getting you anything else?"

"Dobby!" Hermione looked at the small elf shocked at the sight of him. "What-How?" She just gave Harry the you are in trouble buster look while her eyes shone with a kind of dull pain.

Harry sighed as he sat there looking into Hermiones eyes seeing the hurt in them slowly building. "Long time ago Dobby and I had agreed that when I left Hogwarts he would come live with me, He did something, he bonded himself to me in some weird way and he knew what kind of health I was in. Even when I was in the white Dobby knew I was alive in a strange way and he was watching my house waiting for me to return. It was him who found me after I had killed those Red Dragons. He took me back to Grimmauld place and nursed me back to full health."

Quietly the House Elf served tea to them before with another pop of displaced air he was again leaving them alone in the office.

"Anyway back to the story. The problem was Salazar was ambitious, to ambitious and when this place seemed to actually work as a school he wanted to be the sole wizard in charge and he knew that if he tapped into the well he could disposed of Godric Rowena and Helga. Using his magic he altered the access portals to respond only Parseltongue hoping to keep the other three out of the temple while he drained the well. He failed, Helga Hufflepuff was a shaman with the ability to communicate with creatures and using this ability convinced a serpent to open the gateways."

Taking a sip of his tea he turned glancing at both Hermione and Dumbledore noting they were both enraptured by his history lesson. "A fight ensued in which Salazar was mortally wounded but he gained access to the well and with the power boost he recieved he tried to destroy Godric Rowena and Helga, left with no other choice the three founders all cast killing curses at Salazar Slytherin but something went wrong, like Voldemort the body died but the spirit was set free and it became mingled with the Wells power and Slytherin became trapped, and he's been trapped there for a few thousane years now. I'd say he'd be rather pissed and very insane. Gaia can not allow Salazar Slytherin to be released, he has spent to long trapped in the Well of Life by the founders magic and not by Gaia's will and while he cannot free himself he has been syphoning power from the well for generations."

"Dear god he'd make Voldemort look like child in comparison."

Harry nodded at Dumbledores assessment. "Its why I am here, we cant allow the Red Dragons to access the Chamber of Secrets, they would release Slytherin in the ignorant quest for a power boost and they would damn us all."

"Look Harry I know you dont want to hear this just now but I this school only three people know where the Chamber of Secrets is located. You, Ginny Weasely and Ron...Ginny is in the United States doing an interview for Witch Weekly just now that only leaves Ron." She looked down at the floor not wanting to meet his eyes. "I think we should bring Ron here for protection incase the Dragons try to grab him and use him to show them where the Chamber is hidden in the school."

As expected Harry's explosion was dramatic as he jumped too his feet his cup of tea sailing across Dumbledores office. "No! The Dirty Back Stabbing Bastard shows up here I'll fry him on the f*cking spot!"

"Harry I am afraod what Miss Granger says is true, especially if what you have told use today about Mr Weasely is true then he may even turn around and help the Red Dragons willingly in exchange for a cut of the prize if you will."

Harry growled grinding his teeth together. "Fine, but if he looks at me funny once I'll kill him where he stands."

Dumbledore nodded knowing there wasn't much he could do to stop Harry even if he wanted to. "Well Miss Granger If you would like to go and collect Mr Weasely and bring him here Harry and I can begin preperations for Sealing away the chamber completely." Reaching down he opened a drawer in his desk and removed a rounded stone with the Hogwarts crest emblazened on it. "This is a port key for the school all the teachers are supplied one to save them having to apparate to Hogsmeade and travel from there with their belongs. It should bring you and Mr Weasely straight to the main hall."

Nodding Hermione stood. "I understand Professor but I'd like to go home and actually put on some clothes first if you don't mind." As she said this she turned to glare at Harry one more time, who his anger forgotten for a moment shrugged and tried not to flush with embarrassment. "I said I was sorry."

"Hmmph." Hermione stood and walked over to Harry and looked at him for a brief moment before she leaned forward on her tiptoes her lips pressing softly against his. Shocked at first it took Harry several moments before he responded slowly wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her against him his mouth opening against hers and their tongues ever so slowly entwining, after several minutes the pair parted Hermione looking smug, Harry shocked as hell and Dumbledore just sat there with that twinkle in his eyes. "I missed you Harry." With that she reached over and accepted the Portkey from Dumbledore. "Home!" With a flash she was gone leaving the two men in the room alone. After a few minutes Harry turned to Dumbledire and with a dazed expression he smiled.

"Wow."

*************

TBC...