Unofficial Portkey Archive

Gaia's Champion by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Gaia's Champion

Kai_Lun_Mau

AN: Ok just to clear some stuff up if you remember the begining of the story when Harry faced Voldemort the killing curse failed to work there as well. The well of life and the energy emmited by it alters the effect of wand Magic which is why when Voldemort and Harry Dueled they were using evocation and conduring spells rather than curses and Hexes. When Harry faced Ron in the CoS Harry will know that wand magic won't be effective here so knows he has an advantage over Ron

Chapter 12: The End???

White.

Peace.

Comfort.

Sorrow.

He felt sorrow and it cut through his essence like a knife. He should be happy, he was back where he was loved, where he was wanted, but he felt empty. Part of him was missing and without even looking to deeply he knew what that part was.

Hermione.

Slowly something appeared in the white, a figure that slowly semmed to come closer to him whilst not moving. A woman with long red hair and emerald eyes. She didn't speak but the white seemed to reflect what she wanted to know.

Confusion.

Harry smiled sadly at the woman. "I miss her."

She nodded knowingly and again Harry felt the emmotions surrounding him shift.

Understanding.

Regret.

Love.

Harry reached out and gently hugged the woman. "Thank you, thank you for giving me this, It means so much to me, but I love her."

The woman smiled tears streaming down her face as her arms went around the young man. Again the white seemed to shift and Harry hugged the woman tighter.

Grief.

"I love you mum." Harry let the woman go and started to move away from her and suddenly his eyes where filled with white.

*********

He lay there unmoving, his mind trying to piece certain things together, first of all he seemed to be naked, he could feel the crisp cotton sheets against his skin. The next sensation was os a warm comforting weight pressed against his back followed by a herbal an strawberry type smell he distinctly knew as Hermione. He smiled even though it seemed to make his face ache and he let his eyes crack open squinting at the glare.

"Well Mr Potter nearly 10 years you've been gone and your back at hogwarts for less than twenty four hours and already your inmy infirmary."

Harry smiled and tried to speak his voice hoarse and painful. "Water..."

The sound of running water followed by the sound of footstep drawing beside his bed and he felt gentle hands lift his head and press the glass to his lips letting him take small sips till finally the glass was empty. "Thank you."

"Sleep Mr Potter you need it."

Nodding greatfully Harry let his eyes slip closed and snuggled up against the comforting presence of Hermione.

As she felt him relax once more Hermione let her eyes open and she stared at his profile in the dim light of the hospital ward. When she found him lying in a lifeless heap in the altar room her heart had stopped and she scarmbled to him cradling him on her lap crying her eyes out, that was how Albus and several of the order found her. She screamed at them in rage as they tried to take Harry's body from her and was only after Albus cast a sleeping charm on her that they managed to get the pair of them to the hospital wing.

After waking up she and had found out Harry was alive and only sleeping she and Albus talked, learning how Albus expecting Voldemort to one day breach the defenses of Hogwarts he had charmed his boots to act as a multiple site port key for certain area's around Hogwarts and how he used them to great effect leading the rest of Rons Red Dragons a merry chase around Hogwarts grounds till they were all finally defeated. Then as clearly as she could, she described everything that she and Harry had gone through up untill the point where she woke up in the hospital bed, when he asked her about what happened to Ron she just shook her head and looked at Harry

"Only he knows Professor."

Now several days later he had finally awoken and she found tears trickling down hers cheeks as she very softly trailed her finger tips along the line of his scar before she leaned over him and pressed her lips to his in a tender kiss. "I love you Harry James Potter."

In his sleep he smiled and she snuggled closer to him and closed her eyes.

*************

For several days he was confined to his bed resting, utterly exhausted from his ordeal, waking up long enough to eat and use the toilet before falling back asleep. Neither of the pair were ready to talk about what had happened down in the chamber. So instead spent the time talking about what had happened in the Wizarding world while Harry had been gone. But soon enough real life intruded and after being throughly examained by Madam Pomfrey the pair found themselves walking into the great hall.

As they enetered the great hall all conversation stopped and all eyes turned on them. suddenly the place exploded in whispers, who were they, was that THE Hermione Granger, who was the guy, wait is that a lightning bolt scar, it can't be, all around the whispers and murmurs increased as the name Harry Potter was passed back and forth. The two adults looked at each other and grinned slightly their faces scarlet with embarrasment as the crossed the room and took seats at the teachers table.

***********

He had heard rumors and he knew that Hermione was at the school but due to his condition Remus found himslef unable to check them out for himself and nearly fell off his chair when he watched the son of one of his best friends walk into the great hall. He looked at Albus and glared. "You knew and you didn't say anything?"

Albus smiled. "You would have tried to help Remus and with your condition that was impossible, so instead we kept the teachers in the dark and waited." He stood and faced the excited tables filled with students. "Your attention please. As you may all be aware almost two weeks ago the Order of the Red Dragon breeched Hogwarts defenses and tried to fight there way through to take control of the school. The attack was foiled primarily by the actions of our two guests. Now one you know fairly well as her actions have been well documented in the Daily Prophet and other wizarding news papers, Miss Hermione Granger, our other guest has not been amongst us for several years believed lost in the confrontation between Voldemort and his Death Eaters."

Albus watched as the room seemed to freeze with anticipation waitig for the Head Master to continue his speech. "But doing the impossible has become second nature for our guest and returning from the grave it's self is just another item on an already impressive list of achievements. Ladies and gentlemen I of course speak of Harry potter." So deep was the silence one felt they could drown in it and Albus smiled. "We owe these two great heroes our gratitude and I would ask you all stand and show our apprication. Albus turned to smile at his two guests his eyes twinkling in amusement at there bright red faces as one by one the children and teachers of Hogwarts school for Witchcraft and Wizardry began to applaud.

*************

Hermione frowned it was several hours after Dumbledores speech in the great hall and Harry had up and vanished, slightly worried he would do something silly like try and leave Hermione made her way to the gryffindor common room waving at the Fat lady as she swung open to let her in. Making her way to the fireplace and she looked down at a stone set in the floor and she kneeled tracing her fingers along the words etched into the stone.

*Speak the oath and let the fun begin*

She smiled and tapped the stone with her wand. "I solemly swear I'm up to no good!" Slowly the stone wobbled in place and began to rise up and Hermione gripped it and pulled stone free and reached inside and pulled out the Mauraders Map. Tapining it with her wand she quickly scanned its surface and nodded. "Quidditch pitch, I should have known. Placing the map back under the stone she set it back into place and left the common room.

**************

Harry stood on the edge of the Quidditch staring up at the air he had spent so much of his youth enjoying. He closed his eyes and for a moment he was sixteen again and he was racing for the snitch. But soon enough he felt another presence approaching and he opened his eyes and turned to face the woman who had stolen his heart. "Hey Mione."

"You do realise your missing your party don't you."

Harry shrugged. "I didn't like the fame back then I haven't changed my mind now."

"It's ok not keen on it myself. I think that was the problem with Ron, he wanted to much to be in the lime light that sooner or later he would have done anything to get in it."

Harry nodded sadly. "He was our best friend Mione, was supposed to be the three of us growing old together as the trio living our lives and someday teaching at Hogwarts together." He shook his head. "Thats all I wanted Mione, why couln't that have been enough for him as well?"

Hermione stepped forward wrapping her arms around his waist and she held him tightly. "Harry Ron made his own choices, it's not your fault, so now your back what do you intend to do now?"

"What can I do now Hermione, I'm a muggle to the wizarding world now I can't do magic anymore remeber, anyway not sure I fit in with this world anymore."

"So your going to leave again is that it?" She squeezed him tighter feeling him slip his own arms around her holding her just as tight. "I don't want you to go Harry...I love you. We lost ten years because of Ron. I loved you then I love you now and I don't want you to go."

Harry rested his chin lightly on top of her head and sighed. "What do I do then Mione, I'm a bit old to be chasing after a snitch."

Hermione giggled slightly at the thought of Harry back on his broomstick. "Well I know a Specil Branch operative who could use a partner, and some how I don't see Mad Eye Moody turning down the help of the Man who lived...do you?"

"You sure about this Mione?"

She just nodded her eyes meeting his and she licked her lips softly. Harry's eyes smoldered and he leaned down till their lips met in a soft kiss.

"I love you..."

~~~Fin~~~

An: damn after three weeks it's finished and Ienjoyed writing theis immensely but not sure if i should do a sequel If you think I should write a sequel let me know and I try and get started on it

Thanxs for reading

Kai Lun Mau