Unofficial Portkey Archive

Gaia's Champion by Kai_Lun_Mau
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Gaia's Champion

Kai_Lun_Mau

AN: I just want to thank you all for all the reviews and AnimeRedneck just so ya know that yes there will be ONE decent sized chapter in this fic but unfortunately it's not going to be this one.

In answer to several Questions you have to remember she's been working for Alastor Moody for the past several years and has had constant vigillance drummed into her and personally I think Hermione is smart enough to realise a witch can't fight without her wand so bring a back up incase she is disarmed

Chapter 9: Vigillance

Raising her hands with a disgusted look on her face at someone she thought she knew she slowly crossed the hallway and entered the study looking around for whoever the accomplice was when her eyes halted on Draco Malfoy. "YOU!"

Malfoy smiled a very cold bitter smile. "Yes me Mudblood."

She rounded on Ron who was closing the study door behind him her wand still in his hand. "PeaceMaker?" He shook his head as he walked across the room away from her taking a seat behind his desk and sat down steepeling his fingers together. "How very...Clive Eastwood of you."

Hermione couldn't help but laugh at the absurdness of this situation and of Ron trying to play the arch Villain type, the only thing missing she thought was a white cat. "Ollivanders made it specially to order. Has three different Dragon heart strings in it."

"Ahhh a combat wand, how very innovative of you."

"Tell me something Ron, what are the Red dragons giving you for your help, what's the price tag on the betrayal of Hogwarts?" She turned to glare at Malfoy whose soft but brief laughter attracted her attention. "What's so funny Ferret?"

"You are, you stupid mudblood bitch, we aren't trying to recruit him, HE is the Red Dragon."

Hermione turned to look at Ron in shock. "No, you can't be. Why Ron?"

Ron shrugged and smiled at her. "Same reason I tried to kill Harry, Herms. I want power, I want the fame, to go down in history as the most powerful wizard ever. And thanks to you, Harry and the doddering old fool Dumbledore I now have access into Hogwarts."

She looked at Malfoy. "And your working for him why?"

Malfoy growled and pulled down the neck of his robe exposing a series of glyphs that ran around his neck. "Not by choice believe me."

Ron laughed. "Oh yes Mr Malfoy is a decoy, not even sure why I did it that day but after I stunned you I cast the binding charm on him, a modified version of the charm used by the house elves, It keeps away from the sticky subject of unforgivables and still means that Malfoy has to follow my orders and cannot betray my secrets, and unlike House Elves giving him a sweaty old sock won't set him free."

Malfoy snarled under his breath at Ron before turning back to Hermione. "So that was Potter at the warehouse wasn't it."

Hermione just shrugged her hands inching towards the back of her head. "I'm not going to let you anywhere near Hogwarts Ron."

Ron sneered at her and leaned back in his chair. "And how do you plan to stop me special Agent Granger when your over there and your wand is right here in front of me. Your going to take me to hogwarts Hermione and we'll be taking some friends with us."

"No Ron I wont, as for how I'm going to stop you, well like this." Her fingers closed around her back up wand and pulled it loose her hair falling down to frame her face. "Accio Peacemaker!"

Ron sat there dumbfounded as the wand sailed off of his desk and straight into Hermiones waiting hand. "Stop her!"

Malfoy smirked his wand trained on her. "Stupefy!" But his smug expression faded instantly when the jet of blue light splashed against Hermiones leather clad form and bounced off striking a book case beside him. "She's wearing charmed armour!"

"Enchanted actually." She smirked as she pivoted on her heel both arms out stretched one pointing at Malfoy the other at Ron. "Stupefy!" before she saw the results of her spell Hermione was off turning she aimed her wand at the door. "Reducto!" and the door blasted outwards into the hallway and she dashed out.

Ron gaped as the spell shot out of the wand straight at him and only reflexes born from years of Quidditch train saved him as he fell out of his chair in a roll dodging the blast of magic as it burned a hole straight through his chair. "That was Dragon Hide you bitch!"

Malfoy wasn't as lucky the spell struck him solidly in the chest blasting him backwards into the wall leaving an impression of his body in the now cracked plaster. Almost lifelessly he slid to the floor.

*********

Hermione growled in frustration as she tried to get the door opened, she had tried apparating, she'd tried the port key but Ron had far to many wards surround the manor and she knew she had to get to the end of the drive way to be able to get out. Stepping back she aimed the Peacemaker at the doorway. "Reducto!" And nearly got her head blown off as the spell rebounded off the wood and blasted a good size hole in the wall behind her.

"Your not leaving here Granger, so just give up!"

"Fuck you Ron, Stick your head out here so I can blow it off would you." She pressed her back against the wall and waited for sign that he was going to leave the study, her wand trained on the open door way

"Oh Hermione you know how Moody's eye can see through solid objects?

"Yeah wha...Oh shit" She didn't have time to react as she heard the Reductor curse being cast on the other side of the wall where she was standing and she screamed as the wall exploded around her peppering her with debris as she slid across the marble floor much like the Elf had earlier.

Ron laughter could be heard and she gritted her teeth in pain. "I've got something just like that Hermione." She aimed her wand at the hole and fired off several stunning spells hoping to buy herself a few moments to recover as she pushed herself to her feet and darted down the hallway.

Skidding slightly on the marble floor she flung herself against a wooden door knocking it open tumbling inside in a controlled roll and came up her wand raised aimed at the door.

"Tell you what Herms why don't you join me, together we'd be the most powerful Wizard and Witch in history."

"Why don't you bend over Ron and I'll shove my wand up your arse and give you an enema your never gonna forget!"

**********

Ron stood in the remains of his study chuckling softly as he watched Hermione run into his lounge on a variant of the Mauraders Map he had made. "Stupid cow is destroying my bloody house." He growled at the thought of trying to bust through that damn enchanted body suit of hers, Trust her to have come up with an idea like that, always was to bloody clever for her own good. Well time to finally show the bitch he was smarter. Calmly he walked behind his desk and pulled open a door and pulled out a device about 6 inches long and then out into his debris strewn hallway and aimed his wand at the chandelier hanging from the ceiling. "Well time to find out if these defenses work. Obtenebrate!" From his wand shot a stream of pure black that struck the chandelier and all over the house the lights went out plunging the house into sheer darkness. Sliding the Magical lens over his left eye he looked down at his map and tapped his wand against the portion depicting the lounge. "Draconis." He smirked as he felt the jerk behind his naval and he ported.

In the lounge Hermione swore as the blackness descended and she couldn't see a bloody thing raising her wand she whispered Luminos and when the light lit the room she found herself face to face with Ron who jabbed something hard into her side.

"Hi!" He depressed the trigger on the device he was holding and smirked as electricity raced through Hermiones body causing her to jerk and spasm her wands falling out of hands no longer under her control and in a painful cry she collapsed onto the floor shaking. "Wonderful things you muggles come up with that we Wizards are so happy to wave aside, specially these Tazers, so much simpler than a crucio spell and just as effective." Reaching down he gathered up both of her wands and he smiled. "Well time to go see the Headmaster wouldn't you agree."

*************

Harry and Dumbledore sat in the Professors office calmly discussing what Harry had missed over the past few years. Harry was delighted to learn that Lupin was back teaching at Hogwarts, that after several years of research a potion had been created that nullified the effects of the werewolves curse, whilst it did not cure him it meant he would no longer change on the full moon. Suddenly Fawkes gave a cry and the Headmaster nodded. "It seems that Miss Grangers portkey has been activated, should we go meet them?"

Nodding Harry flexed his fingers remaining silent not sure how he would react to being in Rons presence after what he had done. Calmly the pair made their way to the entrance hall and stopped shocked at what they saw. Ron stood dressed in robes of crimson and gold, at his side stood Draco Malfoy and behind them stood dozens of red dragon followers. Quickly he scanned the crowd and saw Hermione bound and gagged being held at the back and he felt his temper explode.

Ron smiled at the pair. "Hello Harry, I got your message though I'm afraid I'm going to have decline." Ron turned to the fifty or some red dragon acolytes at his back. "Get them!"

TBC...