Unofficial Portkey Archive

Draco's Favorite Nurse by burgosdamasco
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Draco's Favorite Nurse

burgosdamasco

"Crucio!" The spell hit the ground, yards of green grass turning black. Draco grabbed the now trembling drunk man by his collar, picking him off the ground, "I could kill you, but you aren't worth it!" He threw him back on the ground, his wand barreling into the side of the drunkard's temple. "You are never to drink and drive again. Do you understand?"

"Draco! Leave him be, the police are coming." Ginny pleaded.

Draco kept his wand on the man, "I know what I'm doing Weasley!" she heard him say through gritted teeth. "RECEDO MADIDUS!"

Sparks flew from his wand, light entering into the drunk man's nostrils and mouth. The scent of alcohol fast disappearing.

"Water. I need water." The man cried.

"My gods Draco! What did you do?"

Draco pushed him down and walked hurridly past Ginny and away from the crowds, "He'll never want a drop of Vodka again. I just cured his alcoholism. Filthy muggle."

Ginny couldn't begin to wrap her brain around what she heard. Savior one minute, muggle hater the next, "Filthy muggle? So you haven't changed."

"No Ginny. Sorry I'm not…" he paused enunciating the next word, "sinless like your Precious Potter and friends. Maybe I wish someone had crucio'd me so I wouldn't have killed my best mate. You know I killed Zabini, right? You read it in the file when you were snooping about."

"I didn't know. " Ginny's voice faltered as she increased her pace to keep up with Draco, finding themselves a few yards away from Grant Park, by Lake Michigan. Things happen during war, she wanted to tell him. People do things they regret. It's over. But she could see that it would never be over for him. Her memories of the war, horrific though they were, also were colored by celebrations of victory. Draco? In Azkaban. It was an experience Ginny knew she couldn't,nor want to even imagine.

Draco sat down on one of the many rocks dotting the shore, staring out into the dark waters, "What else do you want me to apologize for? Anger at a man who almost killed a little boy? A little MUGGLE boy I helped save? Maybe I'll never get over my prejudices Ginny, but I won't kill for them. I hurt someone once and I WILL never do it again."

"Those words hurt Draco. Mudblood. Filthy muggle. They hurt people."

"I'm not a Death Eater anymore. Maybe you don't believe me but it's not like I sit around hating muggles all day long. If I did, I wouldn't have come to this clinic. I can put aside my prejudices long enough to see that using muggle medicine with our own is the most effective solution. You can't expect me to be perfect. I'm not. It comes out when I'm angry. The pureblood ideals have been ingrained in me, and I know they are wrong. Very wrong. But those muggles will never be favorites of mine. "

"You admit hating muggles is wrong?"

"If I didn't acknowledge muggle contributions to our medicine, I wouldn't be the greatest healer on both sides of the Atlantic." His eyes burning into hers. "I am the best healer you have ever seen and will ever work with!"

"Wow Malfoy, so serious yet still so vain."

Draco didn't seem to hear the lighthearted tone in her voice. "Go, Ginny. Just go. Leave me be. Maybe I'll do you and your hero friends a favor and I'll jump in the lake. I'm sure you'll celebrate when I get eaten by a grindylow."

Do you know how forlon you look? She thought. So sad and gloomy. Ok, sure, we did deal with blood today. Quite a bit. You did throw unforgivables in the air but thankfully no one was hurt, and we both performed magick in front of thousand of muggles, Ginny still not knowing what the consequences would be.

She could only hope that it was less than the $25,000 fine her brothers Fred and George had received the last time they visited the Americas. Made Niagara Falls dry up in front of thousands of tourists. At least her and Draco's use of magick was humanitarian.

"Are you leaving Weasley? Maybe this Death Eater will go suck the blood from the rest of the mudbloods tonight. I'm sure that's what you think I do to get my jollies off"

But for some reason she couldn't leave. He had the dirtiest mouth of any healer, or for that matter, any person she knew. He spoke hateful names.

But dammit. If the crucio was legal, she would have crucio'd the driver herself.

"I don't want to go." Ginny inched over to the rock he was sitting at, the enveloping darkness making it impossible to read his expression.

The darkness also giving her courage to say and do a lot more than she ought.

Something about vulnerable men just did it for her. First Harry. Didn't last long though. Defeating Voldemort did go to his head a bit. The nurse in her just liked taking care of people. Maybe taking care of Malfoy in her bed. Oh ,she was a wicked witch.

Despite his vulnerability his confidence in his abilities as a healer were downright sexy. The way he took charge, saving that boy, it was pure sexy. Utterly and amazingly sexy. She wanted that. She wanted that vulnerability and confidence in her bed. It would be like being with two people at once without the cheating.

"No?" was all he croaked back.

How Fun. He was nervous. The greatest git Healer of all time was nervous.

"I want to see you naked again." She whispered in his ear, waiting to hear his response. Nothing but silence meeting her.

Oh Hippogriff Crap. Did she just ruin it?

"Again?" He asked.

" I want to play healer and nurse properly this time. I want a redo of Hogsmeade."

The surprise was evident in his voice, "You? You were the nurse that saved me? It's because of you…"he paused and Ginny waited for him to tell her that it was her doing he had chosen the honorable profession of a healer.

But Draco being Draco didn't follow Ginny's script.

"It's because of you I've developed this…this condition."

"What? " Ginny couldn't believe what she was hearing. Was he blaming her for something he contracted at the field hospital? " What condition?"

"An addiction actually."

"An addiction?" Ginny started going over the medications and potions she had given him, not being able to remember. She was flustered and embarrassed at not being able to think straight. Here she was throwing herself at him, trying to seduce Malfoy of all people, and he hated her for an addiction that he held her responsible for.

His addiction was truly unexpected.

"I've been addicted to a red headed Weasley woman. "

Ginny's mouth dropped as he whispered "lumos."

Was she really that daft? Perhaps. But oh my. He was snaking one hand up her dress and one hand up her arm pulling her close.

"I want to see you when we kiss."

His tongue met hers, spreading fire throughout her body. Gods he was good kisser. Their lips seemed to be made for each other. His tongue trailing the delicate seam of her lips. She opened for him, tongues dancing madly. She grabbed for his hand pushing it higher inside her dress. Oh, and there, right there he was applying just the right pressure. His palm against her wetness. His fingers disappearing inside her.

"I'm going to keep them in here Malfoy." She gasped as he bit her neck in response. "Harder Malfoy. "

"I want to play quidditch now." He groaned.

She was more than ready. "Beater or Seeker Malfoy?"

He gave her his wickedest grin, "Let's play."

***

Wow 2 old fics of mine in two days. One more chapter and I'll be done. My first complete fic.

-->