Unofficial Portkey Archive

Draco's Favorite Nurse by burgosdamasco
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Draco's Favorite Nurse

burgosdamasco

Crossing her arms in irritation, she watched as Malfoy exited the building. He strode towards her in that arrogant way of his. It was silly really to think Draco Malfoy had thought her attractive. All Malfoy probably saw was the red hair she knew he detested. It made her furious when he inspected her dress in the hallway. Probably seeing if she was decent enough to be seen out in public with.

Pulling out a keychain Draco pointed it to a nearby car unlocking the doors. He opened the door for Ginny and motioned her in, "Ladies first."

Never would she have thought Draco Malfoy would be in possession of a muggle car. Although he easily could have afforded a much nicer one, what with his healer's salary. The car looked to be a sensible grey 2003 Dodge Stratus. If anything she would have pictured Malfoy showing off with a sportscar.

As if reading her mind he answered, "My first car was a BMW, it was stolen. Since then I try not to buy things that call attention to myself."

Draco Malfoy was trying to avoid attention? The same Draco Malfoy that was extremely jealous of Harry Potter's popularity. With his good looks Draco Malfoy drew other kinds of attention and right now he had Ginny's. He was much too handsome for his own good. No man had a right to look that pretty, especially one as snotty as Malfoy.

Lost in her thoughts, she tripped on her heel as she walked towards the car door. Draco caught her and fell right into the gits arms. Now he thought she was a klutz. Walking around in nursing shoes all day did nothing to help her learn how to walk in heels. She cursed Regine for talking her into wearing such non sensible shoes.

Draco's grip tightened around her waist and embarrassment flooded Ginny at the realization of their closeness. Her heart pounded in her chest and she swallowed hard. His grey eyes mesmerized her, pulling Ginny towards him. She felt his gaze riveted on her as her hands remained frozen, glued to his shirt. "Th-Thank you."

That's when the bastard smirked. She could've broken her leg and he had the nerve to smirk. "I'm not helpless I can get open my own bloody door Malfoy." Ginny said shoving him away as she slammed the door behind her.

Walking over to the other side he opened the door shutting the door with such force she was sure the hinges would come off. "Ungrateful witch! That's a wizard's debt you know I saved your life!"

Inwardly Draco fumed. One minute Ginny Weasley made him want to snog the living daylights out of her , the next minute he wanted to floo her back to merry old England. What the hell had he done wrong? The woman was driving him crazy.

"If anything you saved me from a sprain ferret. Now step on the gas and let's get this sham of a date over with! "

Turning the key into the ignition rather forcefully he spat at her, "I wondered why a beautiful woman such as yourself was single. Now I understand completely. Your attitude is enough to scare even the dark lord away! " Keeping his eye on the road ahead he drove on as Ginny's voice escalated.

"My attitude? What's wrong with my attitude you pointy faced toad! Why I oughta….." hex you into oblivion was what she was supposed to say. But she didn't complete the rest of her retort. Had he called her beautiful once again?

"Pull over Malfoy."

"Changed your mind about tonight did you? Ready to jump out of the car already and I haven't even had a chance to use any of my deatheater curses on you yet." He said with the slightest hint of mockery as he stopped the car. Draco reached over her and opened the door. "Go Weasley. Bye. Leave my car- NOW."

Ginny sighed. This was going to be much harder than she thought. Who would have ever thought a Weasely would apologize to a Malfoy? "Look Malfoy……..I-I'm sorry."

Ginny wiped the tiny bead of sweat of her brow. That was over with, the rest should be much easier. "This silly feud has gone on long enough. Why don't you and I start over?" Draco didn't look like he was ready to end their bickering. He looked as cold as ever. Breathing deeply Ginny decided to just go for it and forget the past. " I - I'm Ginny Weasley, but please just call me Ginny."

Ginny held out her hand and waited. Would he still insist on her leaving and not give a chance to make amends? Draco looked straight ahead at the road not acknowledging a word she said.

"Let's not let the past mold our future. What we did when we were teenagers at Hogwarts doesn't need to have any bearing on what we are or do as adults. We could be friends you and I." She should win an award for such a speech. Surely Malfoy could see that she was sincere.

Silence never sounded so awful to Ginny's ears. She felt like an utter fool with her hand still outstretched.

Draco slowly turned towards Ginny. Taking her hand in his he said softly, "I'm Draco Malfoy but I insist you call me Draco. It's a pleasure to meet you…… Ginny." Simply saying her name and seeing her light up the way she was doing right now made him want to say her name again. Why had he ever called her Weasley in the first place?

For the first time Ginny could have sworn that she saw an authentic smile grace Malfoy….no Draco's lips. She met him with one of her own. Peace had been made and it gave Ginny a bit of satisfaction. True it wasn't world peace but it was a very close second.

The Noble prize was probably being owled this very minute.

Well……" What could Ginny say, now that she was unable to call him ferret. It wasn't a fitting term for a new friend.

"Hmm……." Draco shared a few shy glances with Ginny. He had few friends in Healer school. Truthfully he could only blame himself. The past would always follow him and he accepted it. Though it didn't make the loneliness any easier. This was new to Draco. Ginny knew his history and gods only knew what else she was privy to, what with her father and brothers in the highest reaches of the Ministry. Yet, she offered her friendship. He would be a fool not to take it. Too many years were wasted playing that role. No longer would he tread that road again.

The prospect of having a potential normal date with Malfoy filled her with unexplained nervousness. Tapping her fingers together Ginny decided to take matters into her own hands the only way she knew how, by joking about it. "Just so you know Draco, I kiss on the first date." Ginny playfully batted her lashes at him which only increased the effect she didn't realize she had on the blond man sitting next to her.

Draco's mouth suddenly went dry as he fumbled with his car keys. Was she joking? Unfortunately she was, noticing how Ginny sat there teary eyed from laughter. It was a good thing he hadn't really noticed Ginny Weasley at Hogwarts. He would never have been able to concentrate on his studies. "Rest assured Ginny that I pride myself on my virtue and you will in no way shape or form take advantage of me tonight." It was a big Slytherin lie and a part of him wished that she would do just that.

"Why didn't you tell Philip and Regine that you recognized me?" Ginny asked as she studied Draco's strong hands on the steering wheel as he ventured back into traffic. She stole glances at Draco as he drove. Honesty compelled Ginny to admit that he was the best looking man she had ever laid eyes on. No doubt - and she had dated the wizarding world's most eligible bachelors.

Draco glanced at her, "Probably the same reason you didn't. The situation was awkward enough for the both of us. Didn't think it was necessary to make Philip or Regine feel the same."

Those grey eyes would be the undoing of her. Ginny had to remind herself that she was on a date with a coworker. Absolutely nothing could come of this. Being on his bad side was much easier than allowing herself to acknowledge that she was indeed attracted to him..

Being new to the city she directed Malfoy to Grant Park. The sun was starting to dip from view and it promised to be a star filled night, she was looking forward to the outdoor concert. In the meantime she wondered what fancy shmanzy restaurant Draco would try to impress her with. Probably some 5 star place along Rush Street she guessed. Ginny was much more a Chicago hotdog, pizza, fried chicken kind of gal. She'd go along with whatever Draco suggested, only because she was going to make a concerted effort to make this date work and hopefully still be on good terms with Malfoy come Monday morning.

Draco turned his grey gaze on Ginny. "Since it's an outdoor affair I decided on a picnic."

Ginny tingled under his stare. Was it just a few minutes ago she had the urge to Avada Kedavra the man? How had she gone from that to highly anticipating a picnic under the stars with Draco Malfoy? It was an incredibly romantic idea. Of course when he planned this he had no idea he would be wooing me, she thought rather dejectedly.

"That sounds lovely..Mal.... Draco. By the way, I was wondering why we don't just portkey to the concert?

Draco answered her as he deftly avoided a car that swerved onto their lane, "From what Philip told me, The Weird Sisters have a huge muggle following."

Ginny remembered her last trip to the Virgin Records store on Michigan Avenue, "I saw a Weird Sisters Cd in one of those muggle record shops. Saw them on MTV but was sure my eyes were mistaken. Imagine that, muggles listening to our music!" They had crossed over and were stars not only in the wizard community but the muggle as well. Never the twain shall meet, muggle or wizard, Malfoy or Weasley, except at a Weird Sisters Concert.

To be continued….

In next chapter- Continuation of their date, Ginny learns more about Draco and familiar faces pop up at the concert…………