Unofficial Portkey Archive

Draco's Favorite Nurse by burgosdamasco
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Draco's Favorite Nurse

burgosdamasco

"Well aren't you going to dance with me?" Ginny sighed, sounding a bit exasperated.

Draco knew he should back up. He should summon his car, hit the road and head back to his flat. Hell, Why stop there? Perhaps he should just apparate back to Britain for a spell. Back to where he knew how to act and what to do. Back to where a red headed witch wasn't within arm's reach.

"Don't tell me that the great Draco Malfoy can't dance!" Ginny teasingly mocked, "All those galleons and you have two left feet. I guess money can't buy you talent..."

Draco wanted to pretend she had offended him, wanted to use it as an excuse not to dance with her.

Ginny stepped closer, her perfume seeming to reach for Draco, making it harder to tell her to leave him be.

Maybe it was the moonlight, her perfume, or that lovely skirt he had shortened, that had bewitched him. Whatever it was - the wants and needs he thought he had suppressed were nearly strangling him.

Draco found himself taking her hand and leading Ginny to the outdoor dance floor, a few couples already engaged in a series of steps - slow, quick, quick...slow, quick, quick.

"I take your offer as a challenge, Ginny, and I accept. Now shall we rumba?"

Draco had seen her smile falter, tremble a bit when he spun her onto the dance floor. She had expected him to say no. He was now in control. Perfect control. But in the next instant as she made her turn, her hips swaying with such flirtation, innocent but at the same time seductive, it was his control that was slowly failing. She met him fully nestled in his arms, stepping in time with him to the music. Three dances. Then Four. Five. Draco refused to acknowledge the flicker of alarm he felt.

"So Nurse Ginny, " Draco whispered, "Does my dancing meet to your satisfaction?"

Ginny lifted her eyes to meet his, her brown eyes luminous in the moonlight. A tinge of red coloring her cheeks, "You know what they say about a man who can dance. Well, It's positively distracting just thinking about it."

"What do they say?" he asked, knowing full well exactly what a dirty mind Ginny Weasley possessed. How could she have gotten away with that innocent reputation at Hogwarts? Rubbish and he knew it. Didn't mean he didn't like it.

Ginny raised her chin as if daring him to answer his own question.

Draco grinned, enjoying the little game they were playing.He slid his hand down her back, following the curve of her spine and felt her tremble the tiniest bit as he fit his hand against the curve at the base of her waist. "Am I making you nervous?"

Perhaps challenging her had been wrong. "The question is," Ginny whispered, her tongue temptingly sliding across her upper lip, "Am I making you nervous?"

"Oh, maybe a tiny bit." Draco kept the teasing tone in his voice but a small part of him wasn't joking. In fact, he wasn't joking at all.


-->