Unofficial Portkey Archive

Draco's Favorite Nurse by burgosdamasco
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Draco's Favorite Nurse

burgosdamasco

Fate was playing games with her. What had she ever done to deserve this? Hadn't she been a good girl throughout Hogwarts, not counting that disastrous first year when she almost ridded the school of muggles. Didn't Ginny more than make up for it?

I save lives everyday, I donate to SPEW. I'm a decorated member of Dumbledore's Army.

Had it been someone else in her position she would have died laughing. Draco Malfoy on a blind date! That truly takes the cake! Didn't know he had such problems finding a woman! Back at dear old Hogwarts, Draco had quite the reputation with the ladies. Never did she think he'd have problems in the girlfriend department. Now that she thought of it, he wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. Perhaps he did need help finding a date.

"Ginny this is Draco Malfoy, we interned together at Durmstrang Hospital. " Obviously Philip wasn't aware of the growing tension slowly building in the room.

Keep calm. It's only Draco Malfoy………….….OH NO, IT'S DRACO BLOODY MALFOY!

Calling upon all her Gryffindor strength and bravery Ginny put forth the best smile she could muster while holding out her hand. "How do you do?" The look on Draco Malfoy's face was of absolute mortification. Really, did it disgust him to have to spend the evening with her? Free tickets to the Weird Sisters concert. Whether he wanted to or not, Ginny would make the best of it.

Ginny felt long fingers wrap around her hand. It surprised her when Draco brought his lips to her hand. Draco's icy grey gaze never leaving Ginny's face. "Pleasure to meet you Miss Weasley." Ginny knew his little gentleman act was just that- an act. Unlike Regine and Philip -she would not be fooled.

Philip patted Draco on the back, "Always so formal Draco! Just call her Ginny or Gin or as we like to call her Devil on a broomstick. Her clinic's Quidditch team has beaten us 5 years straight. We've been trying to get her to leave that free clinic for a position at Illinois Magical's E.R. just so she can play on our hospital quidditch team. If I'm not mistaken Draco, you'll be starting at the same clinic sometime next month?"

If only they knew, Ginny thought.

Regine clapped her hands as if this was the greatest thing since the invention of the broom. "Isn't this great Gin! You two will have a headstart getting to know each other!"

Philip seemed thrilled at the fact that Ginny and Draco would be working together. "Draco's an amazing seeker. With him on your team it would be very unfair. I'll throw in the towel this instant! You two would be unstoppable!"

Ginny had to stifle the urge to scream at such an absurd idea. A Weasley and Malfoy on the same team? Ha! Hell would freeze over first.

Shivering at the thought Ginny was suddenly overcome by the scent of roses as Draco handed her the bouquet. It was lovely. Or at least it would have been if she had received it from someone else.

"For you Ginny, I just wish they had told me how beautiful you were so that I could have brought something more befitting."

Ok, Ginny wanted to vomit. Did Malfoy have to try so damn hard that it just proved how fake his actions were? Did Regine have to sigh as if that was the most romantic declaration she had ever heard? That was a line if ever she heard one.

Two could play that game.

"Thank you…..Draco." It sounded surprisingly sexy as it rolled off her tongue. Much better than Malfoy., "I-I think I'll go put these in water. I'll be back."

Ginny turned towards the kitchen with Regine at her heels. Just what was the man trying to pull. Beautiful? She knew she was pretty but it was obvious Malfoy didn't see her in that light, he was making fun of her yet again. In front of her friends no less.

Ginny placed the roses in a vase that automatically filled with water. Regine's voice yapped irritatingly in her ear, "Did you see the way he looked at you? That's the same way Philip looked at me the moment we met."

Ginny rolled her eyes at her roommate, "Pray tell what look is that?"

Regine chuckled, "Desire my friend. This Draco Malfoy fellow desires you."

"May I suggest glasses then Regine? He looks absolutely frightened at the prospect of taking me out on the town."

"You're the one who has vision problems. Probably been knocked off that quidditch broom a few times. I'm telling you he wants to get inside…what do you Brits call it…..your knickers. Besides, the reason he looked so scared is because I caught him looking where your head ought not to be. If you hadn't left the room he would've started drooling all over your new Prada shoes! "

Ginny was aghast. That pervert. But she couldn't help as a smile played across her lips. This specific dress was bought for the sole purpose of drawing attention to that particular area. Years of growing up in the Weasley household taught her the value of strectching money. Dropping almost $300 on the dress made her feel incredibly guilty. At this very moment, Ginny didn't mind so much. It worked!

Could she really blame him for looking? Blazing mad is what she should be. For some odd reason it made her particularly smug to know that she had that effect on him.

"It's my job as a friend to notice these things. He spent a good minute just staring at your breasts. Although I'm glad Philip made such a good match I still want him to like you for your mind as well as your, ahem….other assets."

Inner voices started to resurface.

Freckle faced twit.

Weasel.

Mudblood-lover.

Malfoy couldn't have found her attractive. All those horrid names from the past that Malfoy had called her started to resurface. Why should I care what Malfoy thinks? Do I really want him to find me irresistible? Ginny had to admit the answer was yes. Chalk that up to my female ego.

Was there any way she could back out of this? Could she pretend to be suffering some type of ailment? No, Regine would see right through it and Ginny would have to explain why she felt so uncomfortable around Malfoy. The past was something that she didn't want to deal with on a Friday night.

That left only one option.

Voldemort had possessed her and Ginny had come out of it alive. She had been in the midst of the bloodiest wizard war in centuries. Surely one could survive a date with Draco Malfoy unscathed.

Suck it up and drive on Gin, you've dealt with deatheaters before.

"Don't look so nervous Gin!"

"I'm not." Ginny lied more so to herself than her roommate.

Regine smiled assuredly, "Don't fret. He likes you Ginny." She pulled out a bottle of chilled wine from the fridge, pouring a glass for her and the redhead who was pacing the kitchen floor.

Like wasn't the word. Malfoy hated her. Were her friends that blind that they couldn't see it? Reaching for the glass Ginny drained it immediately. Ready or not Draco Malfoy here I come.

***

"Figures they'd do their girl talk." Philip joked watching Regine and Ginny head to the kitchen. Philip patted his friend on the back noting his usually reserved friend's changed demeanor. "Don't look so tense Draco."

What else could he be?

What he needed was a glass of firewhiskey! No- a glass wouldn't do. What wouldn't he do for a few kegs of firewhiskey ! Draco wasn't a drinker. Always stayed away from the stuff. Clouded your mind and left you open to influences and without control. Although there were things other than alcohol that accomplished the same. That's one aspect of his life he never wanted to revisit.

Ginny Weasley of all people was his blind date. Of all the billions of people on this green earth, it had to be her. Someone up above had to be laughing at him. He thought he was paying his dues now for all the despicable things he had done in the past. Was this more punishment from the Ministry? If so, he was more than willing to take it.

Oh Good Gods she was walking back in the room. Why was he imagining what she'd look like sprawled on his bed? It's because I haven't been with a woman in years, That's it. That has to be it! he told himself.

Can't think of Weasley that way. She's Philip's friend, my coworker. It's not like we get along either.

Damn that dress and damn that flaming red hair.

Draco had dreamt of the pretty red haired Weasley the whole year he had been imprisoned in Azkaban. The dream had confused him. He had detested her in Hogwarts, yet his mind couldn't stop thinking about her. He barely talked to her except for the occasional run in with Potter in which she was always close behind. It would have made more sense for him to dream of a Slytherin girl. Draco came to accept that the mind worked in mysterious ways and not everything could be explained. The dreams came less frequently but they were always bubbling at the surface.

Putting on his most charming smile, he held out his hand for Ginny. "Shall we go?"

Ginny looked as if she was making a decision which put Draco on edge even further. Great. He couldn't believe a Weasley was going to make a fool out of him in front of Philip and his fiancé. Just what he needed. Relief and a bit of surprise surged through him as she twined her arms through his, " We shall."

"You two don't do anything we wouldn't!" Philip joked as he opened the door for the couple.

Not to worry Philip the woman hates me.

Philip's better half wouldn't let them leave without adding her two cents. Couldn't Philip's fiancé see that he wanted to get this embarrassing situation over with as soon as possible? "On second thought…..Don't forget to shag goodnight!" Regine said enthusiastically.

The last thing Draco heard as the door closed was Philip correcting his fiancee's British terminology, "It's snog not shag!!!!"

Why did this Regine woman have to open her mouth and make things even more awkward than they already were! Draco shared a blush with Ginny. How a woman as intelligent as Ginny ended up with brainless friends was beyond his comprehension.

Doing a bit more than snogging was exactly what ran through his mind although he desperately tried to shake it. In her scrubs she had been so deliciously cute. His little nurse fantasies had been running on overdrive since he first saw Weasley. With that dress she was barely wearing which ought to be illegal, his impure thoughts were out of control.

"Is this your idea of a date Malfoy, hanging out in the hallway?" Ginny snapped at him withdrawing herself from his arms. Walking quickly down the corridor she headed toward the apartment building's exit.

Draco cursed himself under his breath while watching her hips sway so very tantalizingly. How long had he been staring at her? Most importantly could he stop? All the coolness and calmness that was associated with the Malfoy character was thrown right out the window the minute the fiery redhead entered the scene. Ginny Weasley hated him. Could he really blame her? He had been a complete terror to her at Hogwarts and although he tried to get along with her at work it had somehow ended up badly.

Now he had to spend an entire evening with a woman who would love to see his soul get sucked by dementors. Draco sighed as he followed Weasley through the revolving doors. This was going to be one long night.