Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Heart Unfolds by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Heart Unfolds

theweirdgirl

Draco and Ginny both turned to face the source of the voice. It was Harry Potter. All of a sudden, Ginny cupped Draco's cheeks and roughly kissed them with all the passion and fire she had. Draco was shocked to say the least, but recovered quite quickly until he felt a fist blow into his face.

"You bastard!" Ginny yelled at Harry as Draco stumbled clumsily to the floor.

She scrambled to Draco's side almost immediately.

"Virginia?" Harry whispered.

"What?" she questioned irritably.

Ginny took out a handkerchief and gingerly dabbed on the cut with the blood seeping out. Draco winced in pain.

"Sorry," she murmured.

"What are you doing?" Harry questioned angrily.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm helping him," she snapped furiously.

Harry was taken aback. Draco was at loss for words for once in his life. Ginny just grinned at Draco and winked.

"Let's get you back," Ginny mumbled, attempting to get Draco to stand.

For some reason or another, he went along with her scheme. When they were out of earshot and sight of Harry, Draco stopped her.

"What was that for? What ties do you have with Potter?" he asked.

"Harry and I just broke up," she muttered.

"Oh... I see," Draco was getting interested.

"What?" she questioned.

"Do tell," he gestured.

She sighed in annoyance.

"Harry's head over heels for Cho Chang, obviously. It wasn't smart to be the rebound, but I was, none-the-less. He and I got together four months ago when school started. He's still infatuated with her. She decides to give him another chance now. He breaks up with me. No big deal," she said as she held back some emerging tears.

"What a jackass," Draco muttered.

"Tell me about it," she mumbled.

They both locked gazes. Her chocolate brown eyes were full of bottled violence as his gray ones were empty, just searching for something.

"Drakie!" Pansy's voice screeched.

They both flinched as if in physical pain. Draco had a devious idea brewing in his head.

"Can you do me a favor?" he asked.

"Er... I guess," she replied uneasily.

He abruptly hoisted her up with her back against the stonewall as she instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist. His mouth found her's in a matter of seconds. He hadn't noticed before, but she tasted distinctively of cinnamon and whipped cream once his tongue found itself into her tempting mouth. They heard a loud gasp.

"Draconus Lucius Alexander Malfoy! I'll make sure your father hears about you snogging... strays," Pansy sniffed.

Yet despite her annoyingly high voice, they were oblivious of their surroundings. They were too caught up in the moment and too caught up with each other.

"Draco! You never listen!" Pansy screeched and stomped her foot for emphasis on her blatant annoyance.

This time, Ginny broke away and faced Pansy with anger seething in her malicious tone.

"Would you shut you trap? Some of us are busy," she glared.

"Excuse me?" Pansy shrieked.

They had already gone back to their previous activity.

"Well! The nerve!" Pansy muttered.

Pansy stalked away angrily, as planned. Yet, they still hadn't separated. Draco felt electricity jolt through his being and fireworks explode right before his eyes. After a few minutes, they finally broke apart, their breaths ragged and wild.

"I've got to go," she murmured softly when she caught her breath.

Draco gently set her down on her two feet.

"Meet me at the Astronomy tower," Draco smirked.

"And I would do that because?" Ginny questioned.

Draco was surprised, thought his facial expressions didn't reveal a blessed thing.

"Because I want a replay. Tonight. Twelve," Draco said, dropping the smirk.

"We'll see," Ginny replied, patting his cheek and coyly walking away, swishing her hips and knowing that he was looking after her.

Draco just blinked. He always loved a challenge. Especially one like her.