Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Heart Unfolds by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Heart Unfolds

theweirdgirl

For the rest of the day, Ginny's mind was in the clouds. She didn't want to go back to that mansion. Shivers still ran down her spine as she thought about it. During lunch, she poked at the fried chicken in front of her as she took tiny sips from her goblet that contained pumpkin juice. Harry kept giving her the oddest looks. Then realization dawned upon her. She was supposed to meet him tonight at the Astronomy tower, only an hour before she had to go with Draco to Malfoy Manor. She knew that she didn't have enough time to get prepared. Everyone would expect the best from her and she was not one to disappoint.

"Harry. Can I talk to you for a moment in private?" she asked.

"Sure," he replied, getting up from his seat.

Ron and Hermione watched them with confusion. Ginny led him to a secluded classroom and partially shut the door just in case it wouldn't open from the inside. You could never tell about Hogwarts…

"I can't see you tonight," she blurted, her eyes pleading for understanding.

"Okay," he smiled.

Okay? She was definitely not expecting an okay. She was expecting some sort of rampage on his behalf. He was blatantly a schizophrenic… First he orders her to see him and now he's being calm because she can't? There was some sort of conspiracy cast upon her…

"What?" she inquired.

"I said okay," he repeated as if she were slow.

"Oh," was all she could say.

"I can't be caught cheating by my new girlfriend, can I?" he chuckled.

"Who would that be?" Ginny questioned with interest.

"Hermione," he all but sighed as his eyes clouded over.

"Ah," she stated.

Ginny decided to leave him with his little masturbatory dreams. Once she opened the door, a tall stranger loomed in her mist. He was classically beautiful. He had the bluest eyes she had ever seen. He looked so familiar…

"Hello, Weasley," he drawled.

Definitely a Slytherin.

"Hello," she replied cautiously.

"I'm Zabini. Blaise Zabini," he grinned roguishly.

"Nice to meet you," she said off handedly.

She had heard rumors about him. Yes, he was a Slytherin pureblood. He was in his seventh year. He didn't care much for the house rivalries between Slytherin and Gryffindor, but still abhorred the Dream Team. He was charming and manipulative. He was cunning and slick. He was downright gorgeous.

"So you're the one who has Draco's panties all tied up in a bunch," he grinned.

"Didn't know he was into that," she muttered.

Blaise outright laughed. Really loudly. She was afraid that he could start an earthquake with that laugh of his. His pearly white teeth shimmered underneath the light of the dim torches. She didn't exactly find anything in this predicament to be humorous in the least.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"You. Now I know why he worships your alter," he winked.

Ginny flushed into a bright crimson. Though she was innocent, she understood the innuendo. She had still lived with six brothers, whether or not she liked it.

"He does not!" she fumed hotly.

Blaise just gave her a smug self-deprecating smirk that made her wonder. He would know Draco much better than she would so who was she to ignore his nuance? He was probably as perceptive as the rest of the Slytherin house, save Pansy. Then again, Draco was very good at hiding his facial expressions, which was usually kept in a neutral stance.

"How much do you know about Draco?" she queried.

He peered at her cautiously, raising a brow. She was pretty, he supposed, but Draco could do so much better. At least she was a pureblood.

"Enough," he replied vaguely.

She frowned. What kind of answer was that? Just then, someone brushed by. She had completely forgotten that Harry was still there. He flounced off to the Great Hall, letting the doors fall shut on their own accord. A figure emerged from the shadows. It was Draco.

"Zabini," he drawled.

"Malfoy," he prolonged.

"That was your subtle cue to leave," Draco mused.

"I realized," Blaise smirked.

"You're still here," he retorted.

"And so I am," Blaise countered.

Draco sighed. This was getting him nowhere. He gestured for Ginny to follow him. And follow him she did; like a lost puppy. She cleared her throat.

"I kind of need to get to class," she whispered.

"You will. All in due time," he said.

"I have Potions first period. It begins in a few minutes," she frowned.

"Fine. I will see you during lunch behind the tree nearest to the lake. Go on," he shooed.

She rolled her eyes, but left. They never saw the slate eyes following them in their wake.