Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Heart Unfolds by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Heart Unfolds

theweirdgirl

Just like that, she left. He wasn't ignorant or stupid. He knew exactly what they were going to do and it angered him. He hated this whole jealousy thing and thought that it really needed to stop because it was beginning to get on his nerve. Draco jogged down the stairs to where the Slytherin dungeons were. On the way, he heard a deep voice with an Irish accent.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" the voice asked.

"Wh-what do you mean?" a meek sound stuttered.

"You know exactly what I mean," the surly voice growled.

Then it hit Draco. It was Seamus with Ginny. He peeked over the cement wall to find his hand grasp roughly onto her pale, freckled wrist.

"Let her go," Draco demanded.

"Who's there?" Seamus questioned.

"Your worse nightmare," Draco answered.

"Malfoy. Who are you to say how I treat my girlfriend?" he challenged.

"Because she's my fiancé," Draco replied coolly.

"What?" Seamus blew up.

"I didn't know that you were that stupid and dense, Finnigan. I guess I gave you too much credit. You might better fit Hufflepuff," he said.

"Let me go," Ginny's voice mumbled.

"Or else what, huh? What are you going to do?" Seamus glared.

He squeezed her wrist tighter in the palm of his hand. She winced in pain. All of a sudden, she bit his hand, much like she did to Draco before.

"Fuck! You bitch!" he screamed.

In retrospect, he slapped her hard across the face, imprinting his hand in her pale skin. She fell down onto the corridor floor in one fluid motion. Draco automatically impaled his arm into Seamus' stomach and a brawl erupted.

"Who's there?" Snape's malicious voice called out.

"Draco! Let's go!' Ginny whispered hoarsely.

Draco didn't want to defy her so he gave Seamus one last blow and crept after Ginny.

"I know a shortcut to Gryffindor Tower. Go up that staircase and through the door at the end of the hall. It will lead you through a narrow passageway with a metallic door at the end of it. Through the door is the hall of the Gryffindor Tower. I think you will know your way from there," Draco rushed.

"Yeah. Thanks," Ginny smiled.

"So you're free tomorrow, right?" he grinned.

"Good night, Draco," Ginny chuckled as she followed his directions.

"I'll get you hoodlums!" Snape threatened.

Draco caught up to her and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek before hurrying back to his own common room. Ginny smiled and continued on her way. In a matter of minutes, she found herself in front of the Fat Lady.

"Password?" she asked sophisticatedly, holding a handkerchief out.

"Sugar quills," she whispered.

The Fat Lady curtsied and swung open. Once she walked into the common room, she found herself face to face with none other than Harry Potter.

"Hey, Ginny," he mumbled.

"Hi," she replied cautiously.

"How is everything?" Harry questioned.

"Hectic. How are you?" she asked.

"Good, I guess. I miss you a lot, though," he muttered.

"Um… okay," she smiled faintly, nodding her head absently.

"Yeah.." was all he could come up with.

"How's Cho?" she questioned, for a lack of better conversation.

"I don't know. We broke up a week ago," Harry said ruefully.

"Oh. Sorry to hear that," Ginny murmured.

"I'm so sorry. Can you please give me another chance?" Harry suddenly asked.

She was taken aback by his sudden change of topic, but recovered quickly.

"I- I can't. I'm seeing someone. Sorry," she mumbled.

She could practically hear his heart break in two when his hopeful face fell. Now only if she could see it, too…

"Who?" he managed to croak out.

"It doesn't matter. All that matters is that I am. Don't asked questions that you don't want answers to," Ginny informed him.

Harry slammed her thin body forcefully into the common room wall. Ginny was surprised to say the least and a bit hurt.

"Tell me," Harry snarled.

This wasn't like Harry at all. Usually, he was a kind, caring and conservative teddy bear that you loved to huddle with, but Harry was pissed and didn't accept any shit.

"My betrothed," Ginny managed to whimper.

"Draco?" Harry questioned.

Ginny just nodded silently, staring at the floor and burning holes through it. It wasn't like Harry to have an angry nature or a jealous streak.

"I'll kill him," Harry assured her.

"No! Please… Don't," Ginny pleaded.

"The come back to me, if only for one night," Harry begged.

Ginny went through a mental conflict in her mind. If she willingly went with Harry for even one night, she would be cheating on Draco. If she didn't… Well, she didn't want to think of the possibilities. Ginny nodded her head glumly in approval. Harry's emerald eyes began to shine with happiness.

"Great! Tomorrow night at seven in the Astronomy Tower," Harry grinned.

Again, she just nodded mutely. He gave her a quick peck on the cheek and ran up to the boy's dormitory. She wiped her mouth of his essence childishly and swiped the back of her hand onto the common room couch. She stared into the direction in which he had gone.

"Stupid schizophrenic bastard," she grumbled under her breath before heading off to sleep.