Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Heart Unfolds by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Heart Unfolds

theweirdgirl

Before he could reply, she was gone. When he got fully dressed, he jogged down the stairs of the Astronomy tower before hearing a faint giggling and soft murmurs. He crept to where the voices were. He peeked over the corner, hoping to deduct some points. After all, he was Head Boy. What he didn't expect to see was Ginny with some unknown boy standing alone in the corridor. Her finger trailed up and down the boy's forearm.

"So I heard that you and Harry broke up," he mumbled.

"Yeah. So what? You want to fill the position?" she chuckled.

That made Draco's blood boil to an alarming rate. He didn't like to share and wasn't about to start now with some lanky looking wanker.

"In a heartbeat. If you'll let me," the boy grinned roguishly.

"Def-" Ginny began.

"Sod off. She's mine," Draco snarled out from nowhere.

"Draco?" she questioned.

"Yes?" he replied.

"Sorry. Didn't know she was taken. I'll just be on my way then," the guy sputtered.

"I'm not. Terry?" Ginny poked around uselessly.

He was already gone. She angrily spun around and faced Draco, her face crimson red.

"What the bloody hell was that for?" she burst.

Draco was, yet again, taken aback by this feisty witch.

"You don't own me, you know? I can date whomever I want or please so back the fuck up!" she screamed.

Before Draco could reply with some witty comment, they were rudely interrupted.

"Who's there?" Filch's voice boomed.

Draco instinctively seized Ginny's hand ad began to lead her to the Slytherin dungeons so they could resume with their stimulating one-sided conversation. That, however, was not Ginny's plan.

"Let go of me!" she whispered harshly.

He just ignored her complaints. She jerked her wrist around violently. Out of nowhere, she just bit hit pale hand that was now imbedded with teeth marks.

"Shit!" he cursed loudly.

She ran off as quickly as she could to the Gryffindor tower.

"Sugar quills," she murmured to the Fat Lady's portrait.

The Fat Lady curtsied sophisticatedly and automatically swung open. As she passed the common room, a handsome man was sitting on the red loveseat, waiting for her return.

"Hey," he mumbled.

"Oh. Hey, Dean," Ginny replied.

"I heard that you and Harry are over," he said, almost hinting something.

`News sure travels fast around here,' she thought annoyingly to herself.

"Yeah. We are. Why?" she smiled.

"I'd like to go out with you," he grinned.

"That'd be great, Dean," she smirked.

Dean was kind of short at five foot five. He had unruly spiky brown hair. His body was flawless from what the naked eye could see, not that she would know. He had chocolate brown eyes and cherub lips.

"Maybe this weekend at Hogsmeade?" he asked.

"Okay," she answered while stifling a yawn.

"Tired?" he questioned.

"Very," she replied.

"Well, then. You better get to sleep. Good night," he said as he walked toward her.

"Night," she muttered.

Dean gave her a light kiss on her forehead that made Ginny think disgustedly that it felt oddly like the ones that her brothers gave her when she was a kid. She slowly climbed up the stone stairs leading to the sixth year dormitories. Everything was fuzzy through her sleep deprived mind. She flopped lazily down onto the springy bed and closed her eyes.