Unofficial Portkey Archive

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

Hermione Potter

Disclaimer: The song in this chapter is called One and it belongs to Denisse Lara! One of my favorite songs!

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

By Mione Lynn Potter

Chapter 2: Memories, Nightmares, and Songs

The next morning, Hermione slowly woke up to someone jumping on her bed. She opened her eyes and sat up to see Harry as a three-year-old. Then the events of the previous came flashing back into her mind.

Hermione smiled at him as he laughed uncontrollably at the end of her bed. When his laughter died down, he looked up at her and grinned.

"Minnie is pwetty when she sleeps!" he exclaimed childishly. Hermione blushed at the compliment even if he was three.

"Good morning, Harry. Did you sleep well?" she asked. He nodded and heard his stomach grumble. Hermione laughed softly and suggested, "Do you want some breakfast?"

"Yes, pwease," he answered.

She got up, went to the bathroom, got dressed, and came back out to find Harry looking at something on the desk. Hermione went over to him and kneeled down beside him.

"What are you looking at?" Hermione asked curiously. He pointed to a necklace that had a thin gold chain and hanging off it was a Snitch.

"Do you want it?" she smiled. Harry nodded shyly and looked down at his feet. Hermione took the necklace and clasped it around his neck.

"Thank you, Minnie!" Harry screamed happily like it was Christmas.

"Now, it's already past breakfast and there's no class, thank God. So let's go down to the kitchens," she said grasping his hand and going out.

When they walked into the kitchens, Dobby and Winky greeted them graciously.

"Hello Herminny! Who is this?" Dobby asked.

"Well, this is Harry. Harry Potter," Hermione introduced.

"Harry Potter? Harry, as in who defeated He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?" Winky asked crazily. Hermione nodded. Suddenly, she felt Harry hide behind her.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, Harry. This is Dobby and Winky. Their house elves." She said gently. Harry stumbled from behind her and Dobby started to play with Harry while Winky made some breakfast for them.

After they ate, Hermione took him upstairs and tried to think of something to do.

"What do you want to do, Harry?" she asked him softly.

"Can I see one of those books?" he asked pointing at a shelf of photo albums.

"Of course," Hermione answered taking one of the old dusty books down and blowing it off. She went over to her bed and Harry followed her. He hopped onto the bed next to her as she opened the book.

Inside, were pictures of various people. "Who is this?" Harry asked pointing at a picture of Ron in his lacy robes. She laughed.

"That Uncle Ronnekins!" she exclaimed laughing.

"Uncle Wonnekins?" Harry said cutely. Hermione nodded and kissed his forehead.

A few pages later, Hermione stopped at a photo of Harry's parents.

"Momma! Daddy!" Harry exclaimed. She nodded slowly.

"Can I see mommy and daddy?" Harry asked sucking his thumb. She felt tears well up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Harry. I can't do that," Hermione whispered.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"They're not alive. I'm so sorry," she apologized. She watched as big drops of tears gathered in his emerald pools. He crawled into her embrace and shook violently.

"Shhh. You're not alone. I'm here for you. So is Uncle Ronnekins," Hermione cooed soothingly.

"I'm scared, Minnie," he cried.

"There's no reason to be afraid. I promise. Nothing's going to happen. You're safe," Hermione kissed his hair.

She wrapped her arms tightly around Harry and cradled him back and forth.

"I love you, Minnie," Harry whispered slowly falling asleep. Hermione smiled and laid him on her bed while tucking him under the covers.

Someone knocked on the door.

Hermione walked over to her door and opened it.

"Hey Ron. What are you doing here?" she greeted and asked.

"I just came to see the little slugger." he laughed loudly. Hermione clamped a hand over his mouth.

"Shut up you prat! Harry's asleep," she said in a harsh tone. His eyes widened and nodded. Slowly, she took her hand away.

"Should I come back later?" Ron asked.

"Yeah. He should be awake by then," she replied.

"Great! Then I can take him on a broom ride!" Ron snickered.

"Ronald Arthur Weasley! You will do no such thing!" Hermione warned.

"Geesh, I was just kidding. See you later," Ron said and walked away.

Hermione shook her head and closed the door. "One of these days I'm gonna kill Ron for my in insanity," she muttered.

When she went over to check on Harry, he was rolling around furiously.

"Harry!" she exclaimed running to him and picking him up. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and his scar was glowing blood red.

Slowly, she ran her finger over his scar and yelped in pain. It was boiling hot.

"Oh Harry. Wake up, little one," Hermione urged. She kissed his scar and rocked him back and forth. A tear rolled down her cheek and onto his scar. A bit of smoke rose from the scar and turned back to it original color.

Harry's eyes shot opened and clung to Hermione.

"Minnie! The big bad man with red eyes scared me!" Harry cried with tears in his eyes.

"Voldemort?" Hermione questioned, not afraid of saying his name. He nodded shakily.

"Oh Harry. It's okay. No one is going to hurt you while I'm here. Absolutely no one." she assured. He sniffled a bit and smiled weakly.

"Do you want to sleep more?" she asked.

Yes, but I'm scared to close my eyes. I'm afraid of V-Voldemort," Harry stuttered. Hermione smiled and slowly got into bed with him in her arms. She slowly laid him next to him as he clung to her side.

"Now for me to help you, you have to close your eyes." she whispered.

"I don't want to," Harry replied.

"Please? For Minnie?" she pouted.

"Fine. For Minnie," he reluctantly closed his eyes and sighed.

Now I can begin to tell the story

A legend's not a legend 'til it ends

Together we can celebrate the glory

My friends, my friends

It's amazing to think you can do anything

When you believe in yourself

One voice can make a difference

One move can go the distance

The greatest battles have been overcome

With one heart, one mind

By one love, one life

That's the power of one

Anybody here can be the hero

You could even change history

We do today to save tomorrow

(Save tomorrow)

For you and for me

So whoever you are

And wherever you're from

Prove it to the rest of the world

Hermione sang softly in his ear from one of her favorite songs. It reminded her of Harry. She smiled at the way the song really described Harry. She continued to sing as his grip on her loosened.

One voice can make a difference

One move can go the distance

The greatest battles have been overcome

With one heart, one mind

By one love, one life

That's the power of one

(Things around)

Things around are coming

(Nowhere left)

There's nowhere left to run

(Rise to meet)

Rise to meet the challenge

Believe in the power of one

One voice can make a difference

One move can go the distance

The greatest battles have been overcome

With one heart, one mind

By one love, one life

That's the power of one

As the song ended, Hermione felt his grip loosen completely.

"Minnie?" he asked sleeping.

"Yes Harry?" she asked back.

"When I get oldew, will you mawwy me?" he asked. Hermione gasped softly and blushed.

"We'll just have to wait and see, sweetie," Hermione whispered kissing his forehead.

"Okay," he replied falling asleep in her embrace.

Harry's peaceful breathing lulled her into her dreamworld.

A/N: I really hope you liked that.