Unofficial Portkey Archive

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

Hermione Potter

Potions Troubles For Hermione Granger

By Mione Lynn Potter

Chapter 3: A Day With Dumbledore

On Monday morning, Harry woke up and sat up. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Then he looked down and grinned happily. Hermione was sleeping beside him peacefully.

"Minnie is pwetty!" he exclaimed laughing and clapping his hands together. This caused Hermione to open her eyes and look up at him. She yawned groggily and smiled sleepily.

"Good morning, Harry," she greeted.

"Hi Minnie!" Harry laughed rocking back and forth.

"You're so sweet," she cooed.

Hermione got dressed in her school robes and grabbed her books.

"Where are you going, Minnie?" Harry asked confused.

"I have to go to class, little one. That's why today, you will be going to Professor Dumbledore.

"You're leaving me?" he said adorably. It made Hermione's heart melt.

"I'm not leaving you, ever. I can't take you to class. You'll get bored," she commented.

"But I don't Minnie to leave me!" he wailed.

"Oh, Harry. It's only for a few hours. I promise I'll be back for you," she whispered hugging him.

"Minnie promise?" Harry asked.

"Minnie promise," Hermione smiled.

"Okay," he sniffled.

"Now come on. We have to go meet Professor Dumbledore," she laughed grabbing his hand and running up to Professor Dumbledore's office. Harry nodded and gripped her hand tightly.

They came up to the gargoyle and Hermione spoke the password, "Lemon Drop."

As they entered his office, Harry "oooo'ed" and "ahhhh'ed" as he looked around.

"Professor?" Hermione asked.

"Hello, Miss Granger," Albus Dumbledore greeted.

"Hello, Professor," she greeted back.

Professor Dumbledore walked over and got down on one knee to come to eye level with Harry. Harry hid behind Hermione.

"It's okay Harry. He won't hurt you," Hermione reassured, giving him a push.

"Hello Harry," Albus smiled.

"He-Hello, Pwofessor Dumbledore," Harry stuttered.

"There's no reason to be afraid of me," he said with a soft smile and a twinkle in his eyes.

"Are you certain, Professor? I mean I could take him to classes with me," Hermione said.

"You do not have to worry Miss Granger. I will make sure Harry is taken care of while you are gone," he smiled.

"All right. I'll come to pick you up as soon as I can," Hermione promised going to class. Harry was waving at her until she was gone. Then he felt depressed.

"Well now, Harry, would you like anything?" Albus asked.

"No, thank you," Harry declined politely.

"Humble boy, you are. Want a lemon drop?" he asked holding out a crystal candy jar full of yellow candies.

"Thank you," he replied taking a drop out and popping it in his mouth.

Harry walked over to the things around his office and stopped. He went up the few steps to Professor Dumbledore's desk. Then he walked over to the fire bird perched on its golden bar.

"Ah, I see you find some interests in Fawkes," Albus said.

"Fawkes? A pwetty bird," Harry laughed.

Fawkes flew off the bar and flew next to Harry.

"What Fawkes want?" Harry asked. The firebird gestured Harry to get onto his back. Harry's eyes widened.

"It's all right, Harry. No worries," Dumbledore assured. Harry gulped and slowly climbed on his back. He slowly took of into the air and Harry laughed.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeee!" Harry screamed in joy. Albus chuckled softly watching this.

After about an hour, Fawkes landed back down on the ground and let Harry off. He ran around the room excited.

"That was so cool! Can I go aga-," he was cut off when he tripped and fell.

"Ow," he moaned sitting up. Harry looked at his knee and saw a deep scrape in it.

Tears started welling up in his eyes. Fawkes went over to him and looked at the scrape. Tears welled up in his eyes as well.

"Why is Fawkes cwying? He didn't get hurt," Harry asked. The tears in Fawkes's black eyes fell onto the scrape. Then the scrape disappeared. Harry slowly stood up and bent his knees.

"Wow! How did you do that!?" Harry exclaimed.

"You see Harry, Fawkes's tears have healing powers," Albus smiled.

"Wow! Cool! That was wicked awesome!" Harry exclaimed with wide eyes.

"I miss Minnie," he sighed. Albus placed a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"She'll only be gone for a little while. You'll see her in no time," Albus informed.

"Okay. Can I have something to eat? I feel hungry," Harry said as he felt his stomach grumble. Albus chuckled and nodded.

"What would you like?" he asked.

"A vanilla sundae with caramel syrup and whipped cream," Harry said detailing.

"What a magnificent child you are, Harry. Child, boy, or man, you are a wonderful person. You are a great wizard," Albus commented summoning a sundae for Harry.

"Wow! Thank you Grandpa Dumbledore!" Harry replied.

"Grandpa Dumbledore?" he said with a raised eyebrow.

Harry nodded and started stuffing his face with the cold sweet dessert.

A golden glint caught his eye. Professor Dumbledore looked closely to see the little necklace Hermione had given him. He smiled knowingly and shook his head.

"Tell me Harry, do you like Minnie?" Dumbledore asked. Harry nodded eating the sundae.

"Ah, just like Lily and James." he smiled.

Meanwhile. . . .

"Do you think Harry's all right, Ron?" Hermione asked waving her wand. They were in Charms.

"Hermione, for the one-hundredth time, he is perfectly fine. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you liked him," Ron laughed. Hermione blushed softly and stayed quiet.

Ron's eyes widened. "You do like Harry!" Ron exclaimed.

"Shut up you git! Everyone will hear you!" Hermione shushed.

"Sorry," Ron said.

"So, are you gonna tell him?" Ron asked.

"How? He's three-years-old!" Hermione sighed.

"Maybe when he turns back?" he suggested.

"Even if he does turn back, he would never like me. I just have to move on," she said sadly.

"Don't give up on Harry yet. I know he likes you. Maybe even loves you. Don't give up until you know," Ron encouraged. Hermione laughed softly.

"Unbelievable, I can't believe I'm getting advice from you," she admitted.

After Charms, Hermione went up to Professor Dumbledore's office. She walked in and chuckled at the sight.

"Oh Harry. What is that all over your mouth?" she asked.

"Ice cweam! And it was good!" he laughed stuffing his face more.

"Good afternoon, Miss Granger," Professor Dumbledore greeted from behind his desk.

"Good afternoon, Professor. I hope he wasn't too difficult to handle," Hermione said.

"Not too much. He is a very interesting wizard," Albus complimented.

"Well Harry, are you ready to go?" she asked.

"Yes, Minnie! Bye Grandpa Dumbledore!" he yelled waving his hand furiously. Albus chuckled once again and waved back at him.

Together, Harry and Hermione walked out.

A/N: What'd you all think? I hope you liked it and please review! I will continue to update my stories every week if you guys want. Tell me in your reviews! Gracias! Arigato! Thank you!