Unofficial Portkey Archive

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

Hermione Potter

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

By Mione Lynn Potter

Chapter 4: Colds

Hermione sat in the Gryffindor Common Room doing her homework while Harry was playing with the necklace she had given him. She smiled inwardly as she watched him.

Suddenly his nose twitched and he sneezed. "Achoo!"

"Bless you," Hermione said softly.

"Thank you," he replied shivering a bit even though there was a roaring fire. Hermione's eyebrows knitted together in concern.

"Harry, are you all right?" she asked gently.

"I'm cold," Harry answered. Hermione went over to him and placed her hand on his forehead.

"Harry! You're burning up!" she exclaimed as she wrapped a blanket tightly around him.

"Achoo!" he sneezed.

"Why don't we bring you to the Hospital Wing for some Pepper-Up potion?" she asked. He nodded. Hermione cradled him in her arms as he laid his head on her shoulder.

She made her way to the hospital wing and inside.

"Madame Pomfrey?" she asked looking for the nurse.

"Ah, hello Miss Granger. What seems to be the problem?" Madame Pomfrey asked with a small smile on her face.

"Well, Harry seems to be catching a cold. His forehead if very warm and he kept on sneezing. I was wondering if you had some Pepper-Up potion," Hermione explained.

"I do, but I'm afraid it's a bit too strong for him at his age. You'll just have to cure him the old-fashioned way," she said sadly.

"Oh, okay then. Come on Harry, let's get you into bed," she whispered stroking his hair.

"Okay, Minnie," he murmured snuggling into her arms. Her grip on him tightened as he closed his eyes.

When she got to her room, she walked over to her bed and laid him gently under the covers. She tucked him in and kissed his forehead.

"Just get some sleep now, sweetie. I'll make sure of it that you get better," Hermione promised as she walked out and down to the kitchens.

"Dobby? Winky?" Hermione called out.

"Oh, hello Miss Granger! Dobby is happy to see Hermione!" Dobby exclaimed emerging from behind the kitchen counter.

"Hello, Dobby. Do you have any soup? Harry's coming down with a cold," Hermione explained.

"Oh my! Mr. Potter is sick! What kind of soup is you want?" Dobby asked.

"Hmm. Some hot chicken soup always works," she smiled.

"Dobby is right on it ma'am!" Dobby saluted her and scurried around the kitchen.

'I wonder what Harry would like to drink? He hasn't had butterbeer in a while. Maybe that's what I'll get,' she thought, walking over to the cabinets.

"Dobby, do you have any butterbeer?" she asked.

"Of course! In the rafrigator," Dobby said.

"Refrigerator," Hermione corrected. She went over and took a bottle out. She poured some into a mug and placed it on a tray.

"Here, Hermione! Some hot chicken soup!" Dobby said placing the steaming bowl of soup on the tray.

"Thank you Dobby. Let's see, for dessert, how about a vanilla cupcake!" she laughed. Hermione took one and put it on the tray.

"Thanks. Here you go, Dobby," she smiled giving him a few coins.

"Oh no, no, no! I can't accept!" Dobby exclaimed.

"Nonsense! You deserve it," Hermione smiled walking back up to Gryffindor.

When she got back into her room, she came upon the cutest sight.

Harry was in her bed with his arms tightly wrapped around a teddy bear. She chuckled.

"What are we going to do with you, Harry?" she whispered to herself while walking over to him. Hermione placed the tray on the night table and sat down.

"I wonder how long it will take for you to change back," she thought deeply.

'He has the most cutest smile. His hair is so messy, but so adorable. And his eyes are so beautiful,' she thought. Her eyes widened. She shouldn't have been thinking this way.

Hermione blushed slightly. It was official. She was head over heels in love with her best friend, Harry Potter.

She charmed the soup and butterbeer to stay warm and headed over to her desk.

Hermione took out her jewelry box and flipped it open. Inside, were various trinkets and other things. But one section was filled with the gifts that Harry had given her. She picked up a ring that hung from a thin diamond necklace.

The ring was exquisite. It was a white gold band with a heart-shaped diamond in the middle. On either side of it were ruby and sapphire stones. She had been so happy when she had received it on her birthday. Harry had told her that it was a promise ring, but he wouldn't tell her what the promise ring was for.

Hermione smiled softly thinking of all the times Hermione spent with Harry, and only Harry.

"So much has changed since then. I will never get a chance with him," she said sadly. Suddenly she heard slurping behind her. Hermione turned around and laughed. Harry was sitting up in bed drinking the butterbeer as it dripped down the sides of his face and onto his shirt.

"Harry! Don't make such a mess," she complained rushing over to him and wiping the butterbeer off.

"But Minnie! Hawwy hungwy!" he whined. She touched his forehead and it felt a little cooler.

"You're better. Want some soup?" she asked.

"Yes, pwease!" he exclaimed, showing his teeth.

"Here. Have some soup Dobby made for you," she smiled laying the tray across his lap.

She took the spoon and feed him.

"Do you feel all right?" she asked concerned.

"Hawwy okay!" he exclaimed taking the vanilla cupcake and shoving it in his mouth. It vaguely reminded Hermione of when Harry talked about Dudley and how he ate like a pig. Well, he WAS a pig.

"Minnie? Do you love me?" he asked out of the blue. Hermione jumped and looked at him.

"I-I-," she couldn't answer him. Hermione sighed softly and stared at him sadly.

"Minnie don't love me?" Harry quivered with tears in her eyes.

"Harry, of course! I love you so much," she whispered kissing his cheek.

"Me love Minnie too!" he yelled giddily.

"You're impossible," she murmured smiling.

"I tired," he yawned.

"You seem to be tired lately," she said concerned. He shrugged.

But then he started shaking violently and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. He fell back and his eyes closed.

"HARRY!"

A/N: Hola! I hope you liked it! Please review! No flames please! Gracias!