Unofficial Portkey Archive

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

Hermione Potter

Potion Troubles For Hermione Granger

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 7: Awakening and The Mysterious Kitten

Hermione groaned softly as she opened her eyes. She slowly sat up and looked around to find herself in the Hospital Wing of Hogwarts. Her eyes widened. Harry.

She looked around seeing no one. 'Where is he?" Hermione thought frantically.

"Miss Granger," Professor Dumbledore said walking in slowly, his robes swishing behind him.

"Professor Dumbledore, where's Harry?" Hermione asked.

"Calm down, Miss Granger. He in resting peacefully. He will be here soon. But I must press upon you that he might not wake up. The impact from the curse took a lot of his energy away," Professor Dumbledore answered. Hermione nodded slowly.

"Now, if you will excuse me, the Gryffindors are getting restless from you and Mr. Potter's arrival back at Hogwarts," he smiled walking out.

Hermione collapsed against the pillows and sighed. It took her a while to get comfortable, when she heard a thumping noise. Something climbed into her bed and purred. She looked down and saw Emerald. Emerald was her white kitten that Harry had given her after Crookshanks had died. She had emerald green eyes just like him.

"Hey, girl. Come here," Hermione murmured as Emerald climbed into her arms. She stroked her fur subconsciously while thinking.

"Do you think Harry's all right?" she asked the kitten. She mewled softly licking Hermione's hand. The doors opened and Professor McGonagall came in guiding two men who had someone on a stretcher.

"Lay him here," Minerva said. The men laid him on the bed next to him and filed out.

Hermione looked up and her heart flipped. "Harry!" she exclaimed in a loud whisper. She winced climbing out of bed and limping over to his bed. She sat down in the chair that was next to it and looked at him.

He had a bandage wrapped around his forehead. There were a few cut and scrapes on his face. His left hand was wrapped in bandages. But the rest of him looked fine. Hermione slowly took his right hand and gripped it tightly to her. She kissed it gently and smiled softly.

"Oh, Harry. Please open your beautiful eyes for me. It's Hermione. Remember, your best friend?" she whispered pleadingly.

Emerald jumped onto the bed and climbed next to Harry.

"I love you so much. Please come back to me," Hermione pleaded with tears glittering in her eyes. She slowly rubbed hr cheek against his hand.

"I can't live without you Harry. You're my life. Nothing's dull with you in it. I want you back and in my life. Harry. Just open your eyes. I'll do anything," Hermione promised.

Nothing happened. Tears streaked down her cheeks as she stared at him. Slowly, but cautiously, Hermione leaned down and kissed him softly.

But what she didn't notice was that a golden tear slipped inside his mouth and that Emerald's eyes flashed. Hermione pulled away and looked at him.

His eyes fluttered open and he looked around.

"Ha-Harry?" Hermione whispered disbelievingly. His green eyes landed on her.

"Hey, Mione," Harry greeted in a weak voice.

"Oh Harry!" she exclaimed hugging him tightly.

"He-Hermione, I can't breathe," he choked out.

"Sorry," Hermione apologized embarrassed. He smiled softly and stroked her hand that was still in his.

"How long have I been out?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. I just woke up as well," Hermione answered crying happily.

"Hey, hey, why the tears?" he said.

"I'm just so happy you're all right," she cried.

"I'm supposed to take your tears away, not make them," Harry joked.

"This isn't a time to joke, Harry. I thought I was going to lose you. Again," Hermione said seriously.

"You'll never lose me, Herms. You're stuck with me," he grinned.

"That's not such a bad thing," she smiled kissing his hand. Harry smiled at her and tilted her chin up to look at him.

"Did you mean it?" Harry asked hopefully.

"Mean what?" Hermione asked back confused.

"Did you mean it when you said you loved me?" he repeated. She blushed.

"Yes, I did. I do love you, Harry," Hermione whispered.

"And I you, Hermione," he declared as he pushed up and kissed her gently. A meow interrupted them. They slowly broke apart and looked at Emerald who was curled up at Harry side looking at the two.

"Hey there, Emmy," Harry greeted. Emmy was his nickname for her. She purred as he scratched her ears.

"What happened, Herms? I mean before the whole Voldemort thing," Harry questioned.

"Snape made you drink your own potion and it backfired. Then you turned into a three-year-old child. And I had to take of you of course," she explained smirking a bit.

"Oh, you took care of me. So was I a good boy?" he asked smirking as well.

"Oh yes. And one question you asked me. And I quote, "When I get oldew, will you mawwy me?" Hermione laughed. Harry blushed beet red and smiled clumsily.

She smiled softly at him and stroked his cheek. "I was so scared," she whispered.

"You don't have to be afraid anymore. He's gone for good," Harry smiled kissing her hand.

"I know. I won't be as long as you're with me," Hermione replied. She looked at Emerald and gasped. Her eyes went from being green to violet.

"Harry, how did Emerald do that?" Hermione asked.

"I have no clue. Her eyes were green and then all of a sudden, they change," Harry said.

Hermione lifted Emerald slowly and smiled at her. "You're an amazing kitten, you know?" she laughed. The white kitten smiled and meowed.

"I wonder how she did that though. I'll have to do some research on this," Hermione stated. Harry laughed and pulled her down next to him.

"Harry!" she exclaimed surprised. Harry smiled and wrapped his arm around her and pulled her tightly against him.

"My Mione. Always the one who needs to know everything," Harry smiled.

"And do you have a problem with that, Mr. Potter?" she asked.

"No, of course not. That's one of the things I love about you. You're amazing in every way possible," Harry commented stroking her hair.

"Not as amazing as you," she murmured sleepily. Emerald curled up at their feet and closed her eyes.

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong. In my mind you are amazing. More amazing as me," he smiled kissing her forehead.

Hermione nuzzled his neck and smiled. She closed her eyes and let the beat of Harry's heart lull her to a deep slumber.

"Sweet dreams, Mione," he wished as he too, fell into a peaceful sleep.

A/N: I have one more chapter to go. Please review. Now flames. Thank you.