Unofficial Portkey Archive

I Will Rock You by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I Will Rock You

Hermione Potter

A/N: Sorry guys. I'm not going to put up a humorous disclaimer of mine. I promise to make it up to you. This chapter is dedicated to my favorite reviewer, FWT.

I Will Rock You

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 6: Innocent Blood Spilled

Harry yawned wearily as he got ready for bed. He pulled on a T-shirt and took his jeans off, leaving his boxers on. He walked into the bathroom, grabbing his toothbrush and squirting toothpaste on it.

'I'm so happy. Nothing can ruin this for me. Not even Voldemort,' Harry thought, grinning as foam formed around his mouth. He took a gulp of water and spit.

Harry walked back into his room and pulled the curtains around his bed. He jumped into bed and snuggled under the covers.

*Dream Sequence*

"It's all right, Harry. I'm right here," Hermione soothed as Harry shook against her.

"Thank you, Her-HERMIONE!" he yelled as Voldemort came from out of the darkness and pulled Hermione away. Chains and shackles appeared on his arms and legs. Suddenly, he felt like he was dropping. Dropping into a world of darkness.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" Harry screamed in fear. He felt coldness flashing through his body. Flashbacks of his childhood came back to him. His mother's screams entered his mind. The green light. The pain. The Dursleys.

Pain entered his body as he groaned in agony. As he glanced into the darkness, a scene from his past appeared.

"No one likes you, Potter," Dudley laughed. He punched Harry in the stomach. Harry's knees buckled as he spit blood out.

"That's not true," Harry coughed. Dudley snorted and punched him in the face. Harry was knocked to the floor and almost unconscious.

He slowly stood up, holding himself in place trying to balance. Harry had had enough. He punched Dudley hard in the stomach and kneed him in the groin.

Another scene flashed by.

He was little and walking around in his room. Suddenly, he stepped on something sharp and yelped in pain. He felt it searing through his skin, splitting the flesh apart. He screamed in pain as he heard Uncle Vernon, thumping inside the cupboard.

"What the bloody hell is going on in here?!" Vernon yelled angrily.

"M-My fo-foot. I-I st-stepped on so-something," Harry whimpered.

Vernon's face turned red and he grabbed Harry by his hair and pulled him out of the cupboard. Harry cried in pain as he tried to hop but stepped down on his foot that blood dripping out. He stifled his cries.

Everything zoomed by until it showed Uncle Vernon taking Harry to the backyard as Harry used his crutch.

Vernon laughed somewhat evilly as Harry blinked in fear. Vernon took a belt from behind his back and slashed out at Harry. He dropped his crutch and dropped to the ground. He felt the pain shooting through his body as the beltings came faster and rougher. Harry cried as he curled into a ball and shook fearfully.

Flashbacks of fights he had gotten into went through his mind as all the pain came to his body. There had been no anger or rage. Just pain. Anger was not sustained in him any longer. Just unbearable pain.

Then, he looked at himself taking hold of a knife and holding it to his wrist, trying to end his misery. Then a light appeared. He dropped the knife with a clang.

He saw a girl. A girl in a beautiful white gown with wings. And even a halo above her brown tresses. He squinted before he realized who it was. It was Hermione.

She walked to him and kissed him, her arms wrapping around his neck. He kissed her back with passion and love. His chains disappeared as he fell against her, holding onto her desperately. Hermione pulled away and looked up into his eyes. He moved in to kiss her again, but she pushed him back with her gentle hand. She moved closer to him. Their eyes met as she smiled at him softly, her eyes sparkling. He gazed into her eyes and saw the love and beauty they held for him. He couldn't help but close his eyes and feel himself falling into the peaceful arms of Hermione

Harry opened his eyes, looking into the darkness, breathing hard. He glanced around until I felt something pointy poking at his hand. He looked down and saw that he was holding his wand. Harry's eyes widened. He placed his wand on his bedside table and felt sweat sliding down his back.

He pulled his shirt off, only to discover blood splattered over the back of it. Spots of dark red blood. Spilled. He moved his hand over the dark spots and knew they were as real as him. But there were no cuts or wounds on his back. He was afraid. Very afraid. Could it have been possible that he could have killed himself in his dream, but injured himself in the real world?

Harry was bloody scared. He put his glasses on and opened the door, running to Hermione's room. He knocked on it cautiously, afraid of waking her up, but he didn't want to be alone. Once no one answered he let himself in and closed the door, in fear of someone walking in and him getting in trouble.

He went over to Hermione and kneeled beside her bed, nuzzling his head against her arm.

Hermione turned over and opened her eyes, blinking a few times before her vision became clear. She looked at Harry.

"Love, what's wrong? Why are you awake?" she asked, stroking his hair. Harry whimpered before jumping into her bed and burying his head in her stomach, crying.

Hermione was terrified. She had never heard Harry cry, let alone saw.

"What happened? Did you have a nightmare?" Hermione whispered kissing his forehead. Harry nodded his head vigorously.

"You can tell me. I'll help you in anyway I can," she promised. Harry began his story.

Hermione looked at Harry, shocked. "Oh Harry," she whispered, drawing him close and sealing his lips with hers. He kissed back helplessly as her arms embraced him.

"That must have been terrible," she said thoughtfully. Harry nodded again.

"Voldemort won't take me away from you. No one can. I'll always be here," Hermione whispered, placing her hand on his chest where his heart was.

"I don't think I can get back to sleep again," Harry whispered. Hermione pulled the blankets over them and shushed him.

"I'll sing you to sleep then," she smiled, before giving him a goodnight kiss.

Harry sighed as he closed his eyes, wondering what he had done to deserve a girl-no a person like Hermione.

You've been there for me

No matter what the cost

My best friend since we

Believed in Santa Claus

You have always stood beside me

And I want to let you know

Harry smiled at the lyrics, knowing how true they were. He loved Hermione's voice. It was beautiful and so angelic.

I'll be the one who hears your prayers

Don't have to ask me, I'll be there

I'll be the friend you'll never have to do without

When you have nothing at all

You'll still have nothing to worry about

Oh nothing at all

When I was lost inside

A forest of dismay

You always knew just how

To help me find my way

In a world that's so uncertain I will promise this to you

Hermione's voice drained him of all pain and hurt, to be filled with happiness and warmth. He knew Hermione would always be there for him. No matter how stupid he was.

I'll be the one who hears your prayer

Don't have to ask me, I'll be there '

I'll be the friend you'll never have to do without

No...

When you have nothing at all

You'll still have nothing to worry about

Oh no...when you have nothing at all

You'll still have nothing to worry about

Oh nothing at all...oh.

Harry's mind drifted slowly away as he listened to the last words of the song. Knowing they were true. Always and forever.

A/N: A bit angsty and out of place, don't you think? I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'm really sorry I didn't update before. Please review and forgive me.

The Following Song(s) Do Not Belong to Me:

Nothing At All-Sailor Moon