Unofficial Portkey Archive

I Will Rock You by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I Will Rock You

Hermione Potter

HP: Hi guys!!!!!!

Harry: Reviewers, don't believe what Hermione Potter says! She's trying to trick your minds!

HP: Hey! I resent that! (huffs)

Harry: She's going to e-!

HP: (clamps her hand over his mouth) Shut up you git! You're gonna ruin everything!

Hermione: Let me handle this, Hermione Potter. Oh Harry?

Harry: Yes, Hermione?

Hermione: (turns into a white kitten and struts over to Harry and rubs against his leg, purring)

Harry: Aww, Hermione. You look so cute. (picks her up)

Hermione: (her Cheshire cat face disappears and is replaced with her real head)

Harry: (shrieks and drops Hermione as he drops dead)

Hermione: (lands gracefully on the ground and changes into back into her human self)

HP: Hermione! You killed him!

Hermione: Of course I didn't! He's just fainted from seeing his girlfriend with a cat body.

Ron: Hey, what's up everyone?

HP: (looks at Ron appreciatively)

Ron: (shakes head) Oh no! I'm not doing the disclaimer again! I've done it too many times! My heart can't take it anymore. (dramatically pulls his hand to his heart)

HP: You lazy bum.

Ron: (looks at Hermione and gags before falling back on the ground, fainting)

HP: What happened?

Hermione: I don't know. He just fainted! (turns to look at HP)

HP: (eyes widen and closes before falling back on the ground next to Ron and Harry)

Hermione: (looks around at the audience as they gasp at her face and then all of them faint and slide down on the ground from their seats)

Hermione: WHAT?! Fine! I'll say the stupid disclaimer! The characters belong to JKR. If we owned it, we would be filthy stinkin' rich! (walks over to a mirror that's floating in the air and looking into it. She sees her human body, but with a Cheshire cat face and screams horrified before joining the rest of the people on the ground)

Ron: (sits up) HERE GOES SECOND YEAR AGAIN! (falls back down)

I Will Rock You

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 8: Girls Affections

"Harry, that was so beautiful," Hermione sighed as they danced slowly to the music of the ball.

"I'm glad you liked it," Harry chuckled, pulling her closer to him as their bodies swayed in perfect sync.

Hermione stared across the room as she laid her head on his chest. She spotted Ron dancing with Luna as Lavender sat at the side watching them with a glare on her face.

"Poor Ron. He has two girls to deal with," she shook her head with a slight roll of her eyes.

Harry laughed. "Luna and Lavender are really in love with him. I'm so glad I have you. Good thing no other girl likes me."

"That's not true Harry. Millions of girls would kneel at your feet if you said you liked them. You could have any girl you wanted," Hermione whispered. He stopped dancing briefly and lifted her chin to meet his eyes.

"I don't want any other girl, Mione. I want you. Only you," Harry replied, kissing her softly as they began dancing again and he dipped her close to the floor before bringing her up and laughing softly with her.

"There was something strange I saw before," Harry mentioned.

"What?" she questioned.

"Ginny was dancing with Malfoy," he answered thoughtfully as she looked up at him.

"Malfoy? As in Draco Malfoy?" Harry nodded silently.

"But why? Has Ron seen?" Hermione said worried.

"Yeah. He got upset, but I think he's going to deal with it later. Anyway, let's just enjoy ourselves for the time being," he smiled as they grew silent.

Lavender huffed angrily. She watched as Ron danced with Luna. She saw him laugh as she whispered something in his ear.

"Luna, I'm having a really nice time tonight," Ron commented.

"Me too. I never really thought you'd ask me to the ball. I was so happy," Luna replied with a smile.

"I never thought how fun you could be. No offense or anything, I don't know anything about girls. Hermione got mad at me in 4th year because she thought I didn't know she was a girl," Ron shook his head at Hermione.

"Oh Ron. You're really funny. But I really want to say this. Thank you for asking me," Luna said in a slight daze.

"You'r-," Ron was cut off when someone ripped Luna from his arms.

"Lavender!" Ron yelled quietly as Luna stumbled and fell. He kneeled beside her and asked if she was okay.

Luna nodded before Ron helped her to her feet.

"What did you do that for?" he asked the Gryffindor.

"Look, if you dance with me one more time, I'll leave you alone," Lavender compromised. Ron stared pleadingly at Luna as she smiled understandingly and walked over to get something to drink.

Lavender grinned before drooping her arms around Ron's neck and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Lavender, why are you doing this?" he whispered.

"Because I love you," Lavender answered as she closed her eyes tightly. Ron's eyes widened and looked down at her.

"Look, I like you a lot. But I don't feel love for you. I really have strong feelings for you. But even stronger ones for Luna. I'm sorry," he apologized quietly.

Another song came on and Ron looked up to see Ginny standing in the front on the stage with Harry, Luna, Hermione, and Seamus. Seamus was playing drums while Luna played keyboard.

"Hey. You all know me as Ginny Weasley. I know it's weird seeing me up here, but I'd like to sing this song for someone really special to me." Ginny closed her eyes before pulling the mic close and starting to sing.

Get a load of me, get a load of you
Walkin' down the street, and I hardly know you
It's just like we were meant to be

Holding hands with you when we're out at night
Got a girlfriend, you say it isn't right
And I've got someone waiting too

What if this is just the beginning
We're already wet, and we're gonna go swimming

Everyone moved to the soft beat of the song except one person. Ginny sighed inwardly and stared at Draco who was leaning against the hall wall. He looked up at her and smiled sincerely.

Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you
It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
So tell me
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you

Isn't this the best part of breakin' up
Finding someone else you can't get enough of
Someone who wants to be with you too

Ron shook his head at Ginny and wondered why should would like Malfoy. His ears turned red at the thought of Draco touching his little sister. 'What the bloody hell does she see in HIM?' Suddenly, he felt a pair of lips touch his own which snapped him out of thought.

He was so surprised that he froze, standing there unable to do anything. Then he heard glass break and tore away from the person who kissed him which was Lavender.

Ron turned his head and saw Luna standing there, her eyes widened and pieces of glass on the floor in front of her.

"Luna, it's not what you thi-," but Ron couldn't finish because Luna ran into the wave of people.

"Lavender! Why did you do that? You bloody knew I practically loved her! Just get out of my sight! I don't want to see you!" Ron hissed angrily and turned away from the girl who was in tears before she ran off too.

Ron sighed before going over and sitting down with his head in his hands. He continued to hear Ginny singing to bloody Malfoy.

It's an itch we know we are gonna scratch
Gonna take a while for this egg to hatch
But wouldn't it be beautiful

Here we go, we're at the beginning
We haven't fucked yet, but my heads spinning

Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you
It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
So tell me
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you

High enough for you to make me wonder
Where it's goin'
High enough for you to pull me under
Somethin's growin'
out of this that we can control
Baby I am dyin'

Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you

Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you
It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
So tell me
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you

As she whispered the last words, everyone clapped for as she jumped off the stage. Ginny slowly walked through the people and found Draco waiting for her outside of the hall.

"Hey Red," he greeted with his pet name for her.

"Hey Blondie," Ginny giggled as he growled playfully and grabbed her around the waist and lifted her up in the air, swinging her around.

"Did you like my song?" she asked as he set her down.

"I loved it. I knew you had a nice voice," Draco said, giving her a lingering kiss on her lips.

"I think Ron saw us dancing before," she informed sadly.

"So? Who cares? As long as I'm with you, everything is okay. I just want you to be in my life," Draco replied, combing his fingers through her red hair.

"I love you so much Draco," Ginny declared, standing on her toes and kissing his softly.

Draco smiled softly and reached to the back of her head to pull her closer and mumbled through the kiss, "I love you too, Gin."

"Can't believe Ginny wanted to sing for that bastard of a ferret," Harry said through gritted teeth.

"I think it was quite sweet. After all, you did it for me!" Hermione giggled.

"Well, I have an angel to sing to," he grinned.

"You suck up," she exclaimed.

"Hermione! Could you play my song please? And could I sing it?" Lavender ran up to Hermione and wiped her eyes as tears continued to fall. Luna narrowed her eyes and walked off the stage.

"Oh Lav. Of course we will. We did it for Ginny. We can do it for you. It's karaoke night," she mumbled the last sentence under her breath and told the others that they had another song to play as she heard them whine. Lavender sniffled before she walked behind the keyboard and played the first notes.

You think that I go home at night
Take off my clothes, turn out the lights
But I burn letters that I write
To you, to make you love me

Yeah, I drive naked through the park
And run the stop sign in the dark
Stand in the street, yell out my heart
To make, to make you love me

Lavender scanned the hall and saw Ron who was looking like he was ignoring her. She let out a small sob before continuing, in hopes of him forgiving her.

I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me
I am extraordinary, I am just your ordinary
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho

You may not believe in me
But I believe in you
So I still take the trash out
Does that make me too normal for you?

Ron continued to ignore her as if she wasn't there before he started to try and find Luna. She was nowhere in sight.

Lavender bit her lip and wanted to stop, but she needed to do this. She couldn't lose him. Not as a friend.

So dig a little deeper, cause
You still don't get it yet
See me lickin' my lips, need a primitive fix
And I'll make, I'll make you love me

I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me
I am extraordinary, I am just your ordinary
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess

See me jump through hoops for you
You stand there watching me performing
What exactly do you do?
Have you ever thought it's you that's boring?
Who the hell are you?

Ron looked up at her and she smiled softly, thinking he was going to forgive her and sang the last few lines.

I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me
I am extraordinary, I am just your ordinary
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho

Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho

Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho

Average every day sane psycho

Lavender smiled at Ron again and waited for a signal that he had forgiven her. Once she spotted him, he nodded his head in forgiveness.

She smiled wider before running off the stage and going to hug him.

"I'm sorry about Luna. Really, I am. I was just jealous. I want us to be friends than enemies. I'm so glad you forgave me," Lavender whispered.

"It's not your fault. I shouldn't have stood there. I'm sorry about this, but I need to find Luna and explain things to her," Ron apologized. She nodded and let him go off before someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and met with Dean.

"Would you care to get something to eat, milady?" he asked with a bow.

"I'd love to," Lavender replied as they linked arms. 'Hmm, maybe this turned out for the best.'

Hermione sighed and rubbed her head before she felt Harry wrap his arm around her shoulder and squeeze it comfortingly.

"Everything's gonna be fine." he reassured. Hermione nodded against his neck and closed her eyes.

"Harry, Hermione, I know you're going to hate me for this, but could you play this last song. I mean you don't have to," Luna said quickly.

"We'll be perfectly fine with it. Get ready then," Hermione moaned softly at her aching muscles.

Luna looked at everyone and saw Ron. His eyes widened and gave her a look that said, 'What the bloody hell are you doing up there?'

The music started to play and she started to sing.

I've been waiting all day for ya babe
So won't cha come and sit and talk to me
And tell me how we're gonna be together always
Hope you know that when it's late at night
I Hold on to my pillow tight
And think of how you promised me forever
(I never thought that anyone)
Could make me feel this way
(Now that you're here boy all I want)
Is just a chance to say

[Chorus]
Get Out, (leave) right now,
It's the end of you and me
It's too late (now) and I can't wait for you to be gone
'Cause I know about her (who) and I wonder (why) how I bought all the lies
You said that you would treat me right but you was just a waste of time (waste of time)

Ron's jaw dropped at what she was singing. He knew that the song was pointed at him and she knew he knew.

Tell me why you're looking so confused
When I'm the one who didn't know the truth
How could you ever be so cold
To go behind my back and call my friend
Boy you must have gone and bumped your head
Because you left her number on your phone
(So now after all is said and done)
Maybe I'm the one to blame but
(To think that you could be the one)
Well it didn't work out that way

[Chorus]

I wanted you right here with me but I have no choice you've gotta leave
Because my heart is breakin'
With every word I'm sayin'
I gave up everything I had

On something that just wouldn't last

But I refuse to cry
No tears will fall from these
Eyeee-eeee-eeees
Ooooh, ooooh
Get out

When she finished, she saw Ron try to get to the stage, but she was quicker. Luna jumped off the stage and ran unseen through everyone and through the great oak doors.

Luna made her way outside, but someone caught her arm. She turned around and saw Ron.

"How did yo-."

"Disillusion Charms do a lot these days. Luna I can explain about what happened. If you'd just give me a chance," Ron pleaded.

She pulled her arm out of his grasp and turned her back to him. "Why should I?" she asked.

"Because I love you," Ron declared softly, but fearfully. Luna turned back around and stared at him . Then-

She slapped him across the face.

"Lu-Luna, why did you do that?" Ron whimpered, holding his cheek.

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes and a smile on her lips.

"You're a prat, Ronald Bilius Weasley, but you're the prat I love," she laughed and threw her arms around his waist and buried her face in his robes.

Ron stood there stunned at what just happened and rubbed her back.

"I'm sorry about that," she whispered, stroking his cheek.

"It's all right. All I need is this," Ron said before giving her a short but sweet kiss. He felt her tense up at first, but then relaxed as the kiss deepened.

"Remind me never to do that again," Hermione moaned as she collapsed on the couch in the Common Room.

"You do look a bit tired," Harry replied slipping under her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I will never forget this night," she said closing her eyes and losing herself into the warmth of the fire in front of her.

"Me neither. And that's only because I got to spend it with you," Harry said cheekily. She shook her head at him.

"You're crazy," Hermione declared.

"Yeah. About you," he grinned and kissed her shortly on her lips.

"Hey lovebirds! I have come to join the nest!" Ron exclaimed happily.

"Why are you so happy?" Hermione whined.

"I kissed Luna She said she loved me too! Guys, this is so bloody amazing! Do you know how it is to be in love like this?" Ron asked, too preoccupied with Luna's kiss to remember that Harry and Hermione knew they would be together forever.

"Yeah, we do Ron," Harry smiled before he and Hermione drifted off into a well deserved slumber in each other's arms.

"Aww. Party poopers," Ron tusked before he slumped into an armchair.

"Okay, so maybe I'm a party pooper too," he chuckled before he remembered Draco and Ginny. He had been so busy with Luna, he forgot all about them. He closed his eyes and had one last thought before he drifted asleep.

'I'll just have to kick Malfoy's butt tomorrow.'

A/N: Well there you have it! The end of 'I Will Rock You'! LOL. I hope all you enjoyed it. Because I enjoyed writing it for you. Thanks to everyone who reviewed this fic and supported it through thick and thin.

The following songs do not belong to me.

Why Can't I-Liz Phair

Extraordinary-Liz Phair

Leave (Get Out)-JoJo