Unofficial Portkey Archive

I Will Rock You by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I Will Rock You

Hermione Potter

HP: Hello and welcome to the next edition of I Will Rock Your Socks Off!

Harry: In local news we have a warm front on Hermione's ches-I mean weather forecast. *blushes*

Hermione: *red* Thanks Harry. Well on the east side, they will be having warm weathers in the upper 90's. Near Florida we can see that the Death Eaters are enjoying themselves, sunbathing and checking out the girls in bikinis. Back to you Harry.

Harry: Thank you Hermione. In other news, Ronald Weasley has just cracked the case of the missing ferret from the zoo. We have just been informed that it was Draco Malfoy in his Animagi form. He will be held in custody for streaking through Diagon Alley and Hogsemeade.

*Camera turns to Hermione Potter*

HP: In the music world, the Weird Sisters have just broken up for unknown reasons. Sources say that one of the members had gone on a rampage until they tore down the Ministry of Magic. Repairs are being done at this very moment.

*Camera goes back to Harry*

Harry: Now we will turn to our world news reporter, Ronald Bilius Weasley. Ron?

Ron: *swinging around on a tire* IT'S AMAZING HARRY! TODAY WE WILL BE DISCUSSING THE BEAUTY OF TIRE SWINGS! You see? They are a very fun contraption when at play. Muggle children enjoy these, bu-AHHHHHHHH! *tire swings him off and his face hits the dirt* *mumbles* Back to you Harry.

Harry: Now back to your regular programming.

HP: NO! I have to announce the disclaimer!

Harry: I'LL DO IT! After all, I AM Harry Potter! Hermione Potter is insane and does not own I Will Rock You.

HP: *hits him in the back of the head* I SAY THE DISCLAIMER THIS TIME! IT'S A SPECIAL CHAPTER!

Harry: *nods*

HP: The character are in no possession of Hermione Potter. Please do not sue. The plot may have been someone else's idea, but she used it. So no sue. I have no money. And this chapter is dedicated to Wolfie and Chadwick III! AND LET THE SHOW BEGIN!

I Will Rock You

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 7: Gifts and Curses

"Hermione!" Lavender squealed. Hermione shook up from her bed panicked, looking around to see her smiling and jumping giddily.

"What is it? Lavender, it's Saturday. Go back to sleep!" Hermione whined.

"But Hermione! Tonight is the Yule Ball! Come on! And we did get the gig for the ball! We have to look our best! Oh and you have to let me do your make-up!" Lavender rambled happily.

Hermione moaned tiredly and slowly climbed out of bed and into the bathroom. She turned on the water in the sink and started to brush her teeth. She was worried about Harry. 'I wonder if Harry's okay,' Hermione thought as she swished the water in her mouth.

After she brushed her teeth, Hermione slipped into some Muggle clothes and skipped down to the Common Room. Harry was standing patiently, waiting for her.

"Good morning," she greeted. He smiled and gave her a single blooming rose.

"Good morning. A beautiful flower for a even more beautiful maiden," Harry grinned, giving her a kiss.

"Who are you and what have you done with Harry?" Hermione asked jokingly.

"I just want this day to be special because of the Yule Ball. Not that I'm saying every day isn't a special day because I'm spending it with you," he complimented.

"Harry, are you all right? I mean from the other night?" she said concerned. His eyes darkened slightly and sighed.

"I'm still a bit shaken up, but you made me feel better, Mione. I thank you with everything I am. You will be treated like a princess tonight at the ball. I love you," Harry whispered, lowering his lips to hers and smiled when he felt a tear of joy slide against his cheek.

"Now, do you want to go get some breakfast?" he asked.

"Mmm, I am a bit hungry," Hermione answered as she followed him to the Great Hall. They found Ron stuffing his face. As usual. Luna was sitting next to him instead of the Ravenclaw Table.

"Good morning Luna. And umm, to you too Ron," Hermione greeted, disgusted with Ron's eating habits. Harry chuckled.

"Hello Hermione. As to you too Harry," Luna replied with a dreamy look on her face.

Hermione and Harry sat down and started eating. Harry was stuffing his face like Ron. Whilst Hermione cut her food gracefully and chewed thoroughly before swallowing.

"So, are you guys coming to the Yule Ball?" Luna asked.

"We have to. We're playing. Charm Enchantment," Harry answered, wiping his mouth on his sleeve. Lavender came into the hall and froze when she saw Luna sitting with Ron.

"It's Lavender. This isn't good," Hermione whispered in Harry's ear. He nodded in agreement.

Lavender put on a fake sweet smile and sat down next to Ron who had just finished eating.

"Hey Ron," she smiled. He gave her a small smile and said hello back.

"Ron, would you like to accompany me to the Yule Ball tonight?" Lavender asked, fluttering her eyelashes at him flirtatiously.

"Uh, I already said yes to Luna. Sorry Lav," he apologized with an embarrassed blush.

"Oh," she replied sadly before running out of the hall with hot tears streaming in her eyes.

"Oh Ronald," Luna sighed deeply before laying her head on his shoulder. He turned red.

"Harry, what are you going to wear tonight?" Hermione asked as she wrapped her arms around his as they walked around the lake.

"That for me to know and you to find out. But I bet you'll look magnificent," Harry grinned. She smiled, giving him a gentle kiss.

"You're so sweet Harry," Hermione whispered. Then she looked at the watch Harry had gotten her for her birthday. It was a non-muggle watch where you could use it in the Wizarding World.

"Oh no! It's 5:30! I have to get ready for the ball! See you soon Harry!" Hermione exclaimed giving him a peck on the cheek and running toward the Hogwarts Entrance.

"But it starts at seven!" he yelled.

"I need time to make myself look nice tonight!" Hermione screamed grinning and disappeared inside.

(A/N: I know it's being rushed, but I can't help it. LOL. It's my bad habit. ^_^)

Hermione sat at the mirror as Lavender ripped her hair out. Not literally. Lavender was trying to make her hair slightly curly.

"Lav, why don't you just use a charm?" Parvati rolled her eyes.

Lavender took out her wand and mumbled a curling spell. Hermione's hair bounced on her shoulders.

"Herms! Your hair looks gorgeous!" Ginny squealed, poking her ringlets anxiously.

"Thanks Gin. Your hair is beautiful when it's in a bun," she complimented back.

"Now that we have all our make-up and hair done, dress time!" Lavender announced. They all cheered before taking their wands and pointing it at their bodies before muttering, "Dresaconis!" They all gasped at each other's gowns.

"They're all so beautiful," Hermione breathed. The girls nodded.

"Hermione, where did you get yours? I've never seen something like it. It suits you so well! Harry's going to love it," Lavender smiled as she spun around in her glittering, strapless, blue dress.

"Guys, do you think mine looks all right?" Ginny asked. She held the bottom of her dress and turned around slowly. It was a silver dress that was one-shouldered. It was tightened around the top and as it went down it loosened more into a flare.

"Gin, that's wow. I mean it looks great on you," Hermione grinned. Ginny blushed deeply.

"Where did you get your dress from?" Parvati asked Hermione.

"Umm, well, I made it," she answered flushed.

"YOU MADE IT?!" All the girls said incredulously. The brown-haired girl nodded meekly.

The dress was beautifully designed, but kept simple. There were two layers. The bottom layer was golden silk. The top layer was of soft red velvet expressing the Gryffindor House. The dress was strapless, but two thin strings extended from the top of the dress to tie around her neck.

"Bloody hell, how long does it take girls to get ready?" Seamus asked impatiently. Harry snorted. Harry wore emerald green robes that made his eyes shine boyishly. His hair had been untamable to fix.

"They're girls. You know them," Neville rolled his eyes. Each held a rose for their date. Seamus held a yellow rose for Lavender. Neville held a peach one for Ginny. Harry held a red rose for Hermione.

"What was that I just heard Neville?" Ginny's voice called from the stairs as the girls descended from the dormitories.

Their jaws dropped at them.

"Bloody hell!" Seamus exclaimed, looking at Lavender. She blushed even if she did like Ron.

"Gi-Ginny, yo-you look stu-stunning," Neville stuttered, shaking as he handed her the rose. She giggled and thanked him.

Harry stood amazed by how Hermione looked tonight.

"Harry, close your mouth before pixies start flying in," she laughed, leaning up and planting a kiss on his lips.

His jaw snapped shut as he presented her with his rose. She grasped it, but yelped as a thorn poked her delicate skin.

"I'm sorry. I thought I had taken all the thorns out. Here," Harry grabbed her hand and kissed the small wound.

"Better?" he grinned as he picked up the rose and snapped the stem off. He pulled her hair back a little and put the rose behind her ear. She nodded.

"I must say, we three men are lucky to take the most beautiful and sophisticated women to the ball tonight," Harry grinned. All the girls blushed before they walked out of the Common Room and made their way to the Great Hall.

As they entered the Great Hall, they found it to be beautifully decorated. Gold embodied white satin streamers were hung around the hall. The four house tables had been transfigured into multiple small round tables. There was much space for people to dance. Mistletoes were hung about as small fairies flew around merrily, sprinkling sparkling fairy dust around.

"Wow. It's amazing!" Lavender breathed. Hermione nodded as Harry escorted her to an empty table. He pulled her seat out for her as she sat and pushed it back in.

"Hey mate!" Ron's voice grinned. Luna stood beside him, dressed in a turquoise blue dress with lace.

"Hey Ron. You look nice tonight Luna," Harry smiled.

"Hey keep your eyes to your woman," Ron warned playfully.

"Same to you Ron," Harry grinned, kissing the side of Hermione's head.

"Don't we have to get ready to play soon?" Lavender asked.

"Right! Let's go!" Harry quipped in.

"Hermione?" he said, holding his hand out. She grabbed it and followed him to the front of the hall.

"Change of wardrobe?" Lavender asked. They all grinned and nodded. Hermione took her wand and mumbled a spell under her breath.

Harry was dressed in a red T-shirt that had the Gryffindor crest on the front with a black jacket. Ron was in a white shirt with a leather jacket. Both wore baggy jeans.

Lavender was wearing a purple top that had fake fur at the ends of her sleeves and the neckline. Her hair was in a ponytail and she wore a purple skirt. Ron drooled at the sight of her. (A/N: Lavender is not acting like a slut or whore. Thank you)

Hermione wore a silver top that started at below her shoulders and ended just a bit over her stomach. Her jeans were light blue. At the bottom of them were silver flames. Her hair was tinted with the hint of red.

They got ready with their instruments as Professor McGonagall introduced them.

"Students, please. Thank you. I have the pleasure of presenting our musical entertainment, Charm Enchantment," Minerva backed away as Harry and Hermione smiled.

"Hey guys, we really hope you're all having a good time! Sit back and relax!" Hermione grinned. They had started to play when Ron counted them off.

Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of it has caught my eye

And roped me in
So mesmerizing, so hypnotizing
I am captivated

[Chorus]
I am Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
I swear I knew it all along

Hermione continued to string her guitar as she watched everyone dancing. But a sight caught her eyes. Ginny was dancing rather closely to a person that she couldn't see.

And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself

So clear
Like the diamond in your ring
Cut to mirror your intentions
Oversized and overwhelmed
The shine of which has caught my eye
And rendered me so isoloated, so motivated
I am certain now that

[Chorus]

So turn
Up the corners of your lips
Part them and feel my finger tips
Trace the moment, fall forever
Defense is paper thin
Just one touch and I'd be in
Too deep now to ever swim against the current
So let me slip away [3x]
So let me slip against the current

So let me slip away [4x]

[Chorus]

Slight hope
It dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption...

As Ron hit the last note, the whole hall erupted with cheer. The fairies were giggling through the air, sprinkling more fairy dust around. Professor Dumbledore clapped merrily, delighted by their talent. Severus sat with a solemn look on his face. No happiness shown on his face.

For the next hour or so, they played a few more songs.

"Thanks for the cheer everyone. This next song is called, 'Gotta Get Thru This'. Then we'll be taking a break," Harry announced, laughing silently as they heard everyone groan in disappointment.

If only I could get through this
I get through this

I gotta get through this
I gotta get through this
I gotta make it, gonna make, gonna make it through
I'm gotta get through this
I gotta get through this
I gotta take my, gotta take my mind off you

Give me just a second and I'll be all right
Surely one more moment couldn't break my heart
Give me 'til tomorrow then I'll be okay
Just another day and then I'll hold you tight

Ron drummed faster as everyone danced a bit slower, since the beat was slowly paced, but sped up in a few places.

When your love is pouring like the rain
I close my eyes and it it's gone again
When will I get the chance to say I love you
I pretend that you're already mine
Then my heart ain't breaking every time
I look into your eyes

If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

I gotta get through this
I gotta get through this
I gotta make it, gonna make, gonna make it through
Said I'm gonna get through this
I gotta get through this
I gotta take my, gotta take my mind off you

Give me just a second and I'll be all right
Surely one more moment couldn't break my heart
Give me 'til tomorrow then I'll be okay
Just another day and then I'll hold you tight

When your love is pouring like the rain
I close my eyes and it it's gone again
When will I get the chance to say I love you
I pretend that you're already mine
Then my heart ain't breaking every time
I look into your eyes

If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

If only I could get through this
God, God gotta help me get through this

If only I could get through this...

As they ended the song, everyone blew into applause. Hermione laughed as she and Lavender went to get something to drink.

Harry signaled for Seamus and Dean to come to the front as they huddled into a small circle. Harry told them about what he was about to do, and they grinned, agreeing with his idea.

Ron turned to look around the Great Hall and his eyes popped out of his head. He turned red as he saw Ginny talking to none other than Draco.

"Bloody hell! What is she doing with him?!" Ron blew. Dean held him back to calm him down.

"Look, don't worry about it right now. I'm just as mad as you are. We both know Ginny isn't good enough for him. So don't mess up now. Luna is watching you," Dean whispered in Ron's ear. He nodded, still steamed.

They prepared to sing a song, Seamus on the keyboard and Dean playing 2nd guitarist.

"Ladies and gentlemen. We'd like to have your attention please," Harry smiled. He saw Hermione's head turn to look at him and her eyes widened.

"This song is dedicated to the most beautiful women in my life. The ever lovely Hermione Granger Go on Ron," Harry grinned. His redheaded friend hit it off.

Mione belongs to the words of a song.
I try to be strong for her, try not to be wrong for her.
But she will not wait for me, anymore, anymore.
Why did I say all those things before? I was sure.

(She is the one), but I have a purpose,
(she is the one), and I have to fight this,
(she is the one), a villian I can't knock down.

I see your face with every punch I take,
and every bone I break, it's all for you.
And my worst pains are words I cannot say,
still I will always fight on for you.

Harry stared at Hermione as he saw small tears in her eyes. She smiled at him and continued to watch him along with all the other girls that were swooning over them.

Mione's alive in the bright London sky,
The city lights shine for her, above them I cry for her.
Everything's small on the ground below, down below.
What if I fall, then where would I go, would she know?

(She is the one), all that I wanted,
(she is the one), and I will be haunted,
(she is the one), this gift is my curse for now.

I see your face with every punch I take,
and every bone I break, it's all for you.
And my worst pains are words I cannot say,
Still I will always fight on for you. Fight on for you ...

As the song ended, every girl screamed as they thought how romantic Harry was being. Hermione made her way through the crowds and into Harry's arms, showering him with gentle kisses.

"Thank you," Hermione whispered, lowering her lips to his.

A/N: My longest chapter in history! I hope you all liked it! The song was offered to me by my friends and some of my faithful reviewers! Thanks for reading! Please review!!! And be nice! Please? Thanks!

The Following Song(s) Do Not Belong to Me:

Vindicated-Dashboard Confessional

Gotta' Get Thru This-Daniel Bedingfield

Gifts and Curses-Yellowcard