Unofficial Portkey Archive

HPX3: Harry Potter & The Flames of the Pheonix by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

HPX3: Harry Potter & The Flames of the Pheonix

Classic Cowboy

Chapter 7: X-Men Reunited

"Ms. Granger was … three weeks pregnant … the child … she was your child as well."

The words echoed through Harry's mind hitting him like a hammer. "She … I was … we were going to have a daughter?"

"Harry …" Ron said as he and Mary Jane took a place on either side of him.

"Can I see her?" Harry asked stepping away from his friends.

"I had assumed you would wish to," Madam Pomfrey nodded, "She should be coming to any time now. If it's alright with her family, you may come in first." Beast gave a nod, "Very well then. Come along, Mr. Potter."

Harry nodded and the nurse led him through the double door then paused before Hermione's room.

"She looks worse then she is, Mr. Potter." Pomfrey warned before opening the door for him. "The wounds will heal and the scars will fade quickly. The important thing is you got her here in time where we could make it where she could heal."

Harry gulped and nodded before walking into the sterilized room. The sight made bile rise in his throat. Hermione was heavily bandaged and the deep cuts along her face were stitched back together but slightly swollen. Harry numbly walked to the side of the bed, and reached out to run his fingers over her bandaged hand before gently taking it in his own. "H-Harry?" Hermione weak voice spoke as her swollen eyes opened to look at him.

"Hiya, Stranger …" Harry smiled, thrilled she was even alive.

"Hiya back …" Hermione responded, trying to smile but her swollen scared lips wouldn't allow it. "I must look a fright …"

"You're beautiful …" Harry gave a soft smile. "I'm sorry …"

"You're sorry?" Hermione coughed slightly. "I should be the one apologizing… I was the git who was selfish enough to try to make you be something your not."

"You just didn't want me to get hurt," Harry smiled stroking her bandaged cheek. "I should have known better … after that mess with Sinister and all …"

"It's who we are …" Hermione closed her eyes. "We're fighters Harry. I tried to run away from that, and tried to drag you with me… all it did was hurt our relationship."

"I think we both buggered that up, love," Harry chuckled slightly. "I had forgotten the girl I was shagging and snogging was also my best friend." He said taking her hand in his. "I'd like to try it again, if you'd let me … this time as both your boyfriend … and your best friend."

"I … I'd like that Harry …" She replied wincing when she tried to smile. "Ouch …"

"Who did this to you?" Harry asked growing serious.

"Cho …" Hermione gulped, glancing worriedly at him. "Don't go after her alone though … she's … she's like Logan now … she has claws like him…"

"Don't worry, Hermione," Harry said leaning in to kiss her forehead. "Concentrate on healing … ok?" he asked and she gave a weak nod. "Good … and Hermione … I … I love you."

"What?" She squeaked, her eyes widening slightly.

"I was so scared … that if I told you that … I'd lose you," Harry closed his eyes. "I almost lost you anyway. So … I'm not afraid anymore. I'm not afraid to tell you and every bloody body else in the world that I am madly and completely in love with Hermione Granger."

"Good, because I'm not letting you go again either," She said and tried to grin again and jumped from the pain from her wounds. "I fucking hate this!" She slammed the back of her head down into the pillow.

"Such language from the Head Girl … remember you must be an example to the younger students." Harry grinned.

"Bite me." Hermione pouted.

"Dear, Ms. Granger, I haven't the faintest where you've been though," Harry winked, "Though after you're all healed up I may take you up on that."

"You better …" she glared, sulking down in her bed. "Now go tell everyone I'm as ok as expected. Scoot!"

Harry walked out smiling but as soon as he was out of Hermione's range of vision the smile dropped.

"How is she?" Ron asked jumping to his feet as the others came around him.

"She'll be ok once her wounds heal … I'm … not sure Madam Pomfrey told her about the baby yet… She didn't act like she knew … probably for the best right now." Harry said glancing back to the closed door. "Ron, could come with to the library, Hermione asked me to … look up some stuff for her."

"The Library?" Ron whined but clamped his mouth shut at the glare Harry was giving. "Ok, why not, nothing better to do I reckon …"

The adults nodded. "I'll keep her company till you boys get back … from the research." Mary Jane smiled knowingly before going with Beast in to visit the injured Head Girl.

Harry grabbed Ron's arm and quickly lead him down the hall. "So what are we really going to do, Harry."

"Cho's still close, she couldn't have gotten far." Harry said walking toward the stairwell.

"Cho? Cho did that to her?" Ron's eyes widened. "She did that to Hermione, smartest witch in the school … personally trained to fight by WOLVERINE, and you want to go after her by yourself?"

"No, you're coming with me." Harry said not even glancing his way.

"I dunno about this Harry …" Ron gulped and Harry stopped so suddenly Ron ran right into his back.

"If you can look me in the eye," Harry said staring at Ron green eyes to blue, "And tell me that you don't love her, and I don't mean mate-mate love, I mean real love and that you're willing to let that monster get away with hurting her then you can go back and wait. I know you can't do that Ron, I know she means as much to you as she does to me … as much as Jubilee means to you."

"Damn it, Harry …" Ron rolled his eyes. "Can't you just be wrong once, just once?"

(X)

"Find anything?" Harry asked as they continued patrolling around the lake.

"Hey, you and Hermione are the experts of this place, not me!" Ron shot back as the two continued looking for any signs. "Only reason I came down here was…"

"I don't want to know, Ron," Harry cut him off.

"What?" Ron shrugged with a smirk. "Me and Neville caught many a fish on these banks, we did."

"Yeah, right … wait I think I got something." Harry said coming to a stop.

"Looks like someone pulled umselves out of the water here," Ron said looking at the large tracks in the sand before it changed into small feminine footprints. "And you are the weakest link, good bye!"

Harry stopped and glanced at Ron for a hard moment. "What?" Ron blinked.

"Number one: That catch phrase has nothing to do with this situation," Harry said holding up one finger then another. "Two, when and if we ever go back to America, I refuse to let you watch anymore television."

"What? That cranky lady was cool," Ron shrugged before Harry rolled his eyes and started following the trail.

"Where'd ya think she went, Harry?" Ron asked as they continued trailing.

"Be quiet, do you hear that?" Harry said glancing around, remembering Wolverine's field training exercises.

"Hear what?"

"There's nothing. Not a sound at all …" Harry said slowly pulling his want from his belt.

"What are you doing out this way, Harry?" Cho said with an innocent smile as she stepped out from behind a tree.

"Hold it right there," Harry said as he and Ron held out their wands. "You're coming with us; we know what you did to Hermione."

"Found her body did you?" Cho's innocent smile turned darker … more sinister. "Now you know how I felt. When you brought my Cedric's body from wherever the hell you took him."

"Voldemort killed Cedric not me, Cho," Harry said narrowing his eyes. "And Hermione's going to be ok, no thanks to you."

"Oh, too bad," Cho grinned mischievously. "Guess that means after I hurt you two bad enough to stay out of my way I get to pay her another visit … it was fun making her scream."

"SHUT UP!" Ron bellowed as he bought into Cho's hands and ran toward her drawing his wand. "Stu-" Ron started to cast before but ended up gasping as the Asian girl back handed him hard enough to send him stumbling to the ground.

"Don't let her get to you," Harry said helping Ron back to his feet as Cho extended her claws.

"Hit her high?" Ron whispered crouching down slightly with his wand raised.

"Hit her low …" Harry responded, "GO!" He held as he used his telekinesis to push himself into the air as Ron shot a couple of impact curses at Cho's legs while Harry fired a Stupefy from the air.

The three moved around each other Cho's claws shinning in the evening air. "What's the matter, boys, afraid I might scratch you?" She asked narrowing her eyes on Harry, before jumping toward him. But at the last moment Harry caught her with his telekinesis.

"It's time for you to cool off," Harry shot before sending her face first into the lake.

"Don't worry, Potter," Cho growled jumping at Harry again, this time knocking him down. "I'll be gland to send you to your mummy and daddy. Then I'll send your friends and girlfriend along to keep you company!"

"You know nothing," Harry spat, gripping Cho's wrists. "If my dad taught me anything, it's never give up in a fight, especially with a spoiled bitch like you." Harry narrowed his green eyes, "If I could just teach him to trust his friends a bit more we'd all be one big happy family."

"What are you rambling about?" Cho asked, still struggling to slash him.

"Oh, just a nice little comment that leads to Ron tackling you off me." Harry said, and before the girl could respond Ron tackled her to the ground and wrestled her across the grass and sand.

Harry sat for a moment catching his breath as Cho and Ron wrestled for dominance. Finally Cho rolled on top, bringing her claw quickly down across his forehead, leaving a deep lightening bolt scratch. "Always wanted to be like him, Ronnie," Cho said as the redhead yelled in pain, and grasped his forehead. "There you go."

"Don't touch him again!" Harry growled sending a telekinesis blast in the form of flames from his hand hitting her dead on the chest, sending her flying backwards along the ground.

"You going to stop me, Potter," Cho asked, climbing back to her feet and jumping back toward Ron for a killing blow, only to be knocked away again by a crimson blast from behind her.

"Back off, Ms. Chang." Cyclops said, with his hand on his visor as he approached. "Or else this comes off."

"Your new daddy come to save you, little Potter," Cho laughed darkly, glancing back to the dark haired teen.

"Scott," another voice spoke walking up behind him. He turned to see Jean following behind, watching Harry and Cho carefully. "This isn't your fight. Let the boys fight their battle."

"But…"

"Harry's an X-Man, and Ron is no stranger to this either. Trust them," She said turning to Harry, "Show her what it means to fight an X-Man, son." Jean said with a firm nod to Harry, who nodded back with a small smile.

"You used to be a witch, Cho," Harry said as he lifted his wand. "You depend too heavily on those claws of yours."

"That's silly, what's magic when you have these?" Cho laughed lifting her clawed hands. "What are you going to do Harry, stupefy me?"

"Expecto Patronum!" Harry called out unexpectedly, sending his Patronus galloping toward his opponent.

Cho back peddled away, as Ron got to his hands and knees directly behind her. She never saw what she tripped over as she fell to the earth, scurrying to get back to her feet, but wasn't fast enough as Harry moved to her punching out decking her right in the face, sending her tumbling back to the ground.

"Where you think your going?" Ron asked as he kicked out, striking her in the chest with as much of his weight as he could put in.

She gasped for breath as Harry and Ron stood side by side before her pointing their wands near pointblank at the gasping older girl. "Stupefy!" They called out in unison and this time blasting her back several feet along the ground.

"Well, that was fun …" Ron said, still holding his wounded forehead. "Bitch had it coming though, I reckon."

"You said it mate," Harry said as he put his arm around Ron and they walked toward his adopted parents. "Lets get that head looked at."

"Think I'll get a scar like yours out of this?" Ron asked, rubbing his bleeding forehead tenderly.

"Dunno, maybe." Harry shrugged.

"Hope so, chicks love the scar." Ron tried to smile, but grimaced at the movement of his face muscles.

"Behind you!" Cyclops bellowed going for his visor.

Harry and Ron turned quickly to see Cho once again on her feet but just standing there, mouth and eyes opened wide, as well as three triangular spikes piercing out of her stomach.

"Now listen here, Darlin'," a familiar scruffy voice spoke from behind the dark haired girl. "You see what this feels like? This is what it feels like to be stabbed in the back. Was that what you were gonna do to my little buddies here?"

"Wolverine!" Ron cheered as Logan jerked his claws from Cho's body.

"You wanna fight with claws, ya little bitch. You don't know a damned thing bout fightin' with claws Look at me when I'm talkin' to you!" Wolverine growled, spinning Cho around to face him. "Now we got two choices, Judgin' by ya claws, ya got a healin' factor like me, so you can calm your little ass down and live to take whatever punishment ya get for doing whatever ya did to piss off Mage and his little freckled face ass-kisser. Or I can teach you what happens when you play with knifes."

"You don't have what it takes to stop me," Cho panted, before turning and leaping toward Harry again.

"That's the difference between me and that boy, Darlin'," Wolverine said as he slashed with his claw separating Cho's head from her body. "He's the hero, I'm the killer."

Harry and Ron stared at the disembodied head roll across the ground, Harry merely shocked while Ron looked visibly ill. "You ok, runts?" Wolverine asked sheathing his claws.

"I think … I lost too much blood from … my head wound …" Ron whimpered, as he fainted in Harry's arms.

"Did you have to kill her?" Harry asked softly.

"Would you have liked to have your chest ripped out?" Wolverine asked, pulling out a cigar. "Not a hard choice if you ask me, Bub."

(X)

The walk back to the castle was a quiet one, Harry and Wolverine dropped off Ron and Cho's body to the hospital wing, before going to meet with Professor Xavier and Dumbledore about what had taken place.

"It was very foolish thing to do, going after her alone, Harry," Professor Dumbledore stated pacing slightly, "Quite honorable and noble, but very foolish."

"Ah, leave the runt alone, Al, he was just defending his woman's honor," Logan said, patting him on the back. "Great to see you still kicking by the way, kid," he nodded, though his words and mannerisms were light, his eyes told a different story. His eyes danced in a way only Dumbledore had seen before. "Phoenix Force huh? Bringing the dead back to life … Phoenix, that's real original, Jeanie. How ever did ya come up with that name?"

"It named itself actually," Jean said looking at Wolverine knowingly. "It was created from a spell from a very courageous woman. Phoenix is a portion of her soul ... Harry's mother's soul."

Wolverine's reaction was instant. The color faded from his features as he dropped into a nearby chair. "Harry's mum you say?" Wolverine said, his Canadian accent dropping into one of British for an instant. "That's real convenient with ya adoptin' the runt and all …"

"We can fill you in on that later if you like, Logan," Xavier said, changing the subject to one more comfortable for the feral mutant. "Where have you been?"

"After Harry went down, I found out a little bit bout how old Snake Boy's been stayin' alive all these years." Wolverine said glancing toward Dumbledore with a cocked eyebrow. "He had these things called Hercruxes. Little things he broke his soul up into so he'd always have an anchor here." Wolverine paused to take a drag off his cigar. "He had seven of um all together. That's how he survived that God awful night when Harry was a year old … among other things."

"Had?" Harry asked, "If they were that important should you have got everyone to go out looking for them?"

"Don't worry bout um," Wolverine waved it off. "I made sure to take care of um. All we gotta do now is take the freak down once and for all and we can roll the credits."

"I have heard of people dieing destroying those, Mr. Logan …" Dumbledore said in mild awe. "How did you …"

"I don't die easy, Al," Wolverine smirked. "You should know that better then anybody."

"Of course …" Dumbledore started, before Mary Jane shot into the office.

"Harry, come quick!" she said in a panicky voice. "Hermione just … she just found out about what happened …"

Harry was out of the room before she could finish.

(X)

Harry ran into the hospital room and found Hermione clinging to Beast sobbing uncontrollably. "Mione …" Harry whispered.

"I do believe my niece would find greater comfort in your arms then my furry limbs …" Beast said reaching out to the young man.

Hermione seemed to instinctually reach out for Harry and he fully enveloped her in his arms as she continued to cry. "Take care of her, son," Beast said, walking out and closing the door behind him.

"It's going to be ok, Hermione …" Harry whispered into her hair.

"Harry, I was carrying our baby … your baby … and now … I'll never …" She whimpered in between sobs.

Harry quickly shushed her rubbing her shoulders gently, using what limited psychic ability he had to softly send waves of comfort into her mind. "We'll get through this together, love, I'm here … we'll get through this …" he whispered again, before going into a tangent of gentle whispers of how great his love for her is.

In the darkened room, even if the lights were on, it was doubtful that they would have noticed the other presence in the room. The pale skinned girl turned her crimson eyes away from the scene sadly, before easing back into the shadows. Cho was lucky Harry Ron and Wolverine got to her first. Miss Sinistra would have not been as forgiving for hurting her sister.

(X)

A short distance away from London England a group was beginning to mass in a hidden cavern. Mutants, Dark Wizards and Witches, Giants, Vampires, Werewolves, and various other creatures gathered and prepared for war. The two leaders stepped on stage to address the army.

"My brothers!" Magneto spoke up, "Deatheaters and Brotherhood of Mutants: Brothers of the Same Cause. We have for since our formation been forced to submit to the humans … the Muggles dominance. But today, I say, today their day has past! The time of Mutant and Wizard dominance is at hand. Evolution has made its claim, we are the next. We are the higher. We are the Children of the Atom. We are the Children of Magic. Our first stop will be London, and with it Great Britain will crumble and will be our stepping stone to Europe and the Americas. We will spread our control to the corners of the Earth. It is a sad truth though that some of you may not live to see this grand new world come to be. Let us not fight for ourselves, but let us fight for a world where our children will not have to hide what they can do … hide who they are. Let us rise and face our oppressors as a solid force and stand Triumphant!"

The crowd erupted in cheers, as Magneto stepped back to stand beside Lord Voldemort. "Tomorrow, my friend," Magneto smiled to his ally. "Tomorrow we will march on the Muggle World, the Homosapian World…"

"And then," Voldemort hissed, his own fangy smile, "We will burn it to the ground."

To Be Continued …

Next chapter: The Beginning of the End