Unofficial Portkey Archive

HPX3: Harry Potter & The Flames of the Pheonix by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

HPX3: Harry Potter & The Flames of the Pheonix

Classic Cowboy

Chapter 1: A Message to Tom Riddle

To see you when I wake up

Is a gift I didn't think could be real

To know that you feel the same as I do

Is a three-fold, utopian dream

You do something to me that I can't explain

So would I be out of line if I said

I miss you

I see your picture

I smell your skin on the empty pillow next to mine

You have only been gone ten days, but already I'm wasting away

I know I'll see you again

Whether far or soon

But I need you to know that I care

And I miss you

-Incubus 'I Miss You'

"Platform 9 ¾?" Mary Jane Watson asked as she, her boyfriend Peter Parker, and another man in dark sunglasses who was holding a blind cane walked down the platforms at the London train station.

"British are weird," Peter stated, looking over his girlfriend's shoulder.

"Would you hush," Mary Jane scolded, earning a chuckle from their companion.

"It wouldn't be wise to insult a nationality in their home country, Mr. Parker," Matt Murdock tried to sound serious.

They finally approached the wall separating Platforms 9 and 10, and an older woman in a dress that put Peter in mind of one of the teachers from the TV show Little House On The Prairie.

"Mr. Parker, Mr. Murdock, Ms. Watson? I've been expecting you," the woman smiled, with a hint of sadness in her eyes, "I am Professor Minerva McGonagall, I … was one of Harry's teachers."

Peter's features made a noticeable change at the mention of Harry's name. "Not everything's your fault, Peter," Mary Jane whispered, grabbing the teen's hand.

"Professor Dumbledore wished to meet you here, but the meeting with Col. Fury in the States is taking longer then expected," Professor McGonagall explained.

"So, where do we go?" Matt asked stepping toward McGonagall.

"Take my hand, and I'll lead the way," McGonagall said, grabbing Matt and Peter's hands, pulling them along with Mary Jane through the wall.

"Sweet, 9 and ¾! Means it's between ten and nine, I get it now!" Peter chimed, making Mary Jane slap her forehead.

"Way to go, Tiger, my boyfriend the genius," Mary Jane sighed, as McGonagall led them to the older model train marked Hogwarts Express.

"I am, lets see you come up with a formula for an exact copy of a spider's organic webbing, Ms. Watson," Peter grinned.

"Just get on the damn train, Parker," She snapped pointing to the train car.

"That time of month?" Matt whispered to the teenaged boy.

"If we can make it one more day, we'll be home free." Peter grinned, "I can't wait; my spider-sense has been going wild for the last three days every time she looked at me."

McGonagall led them to a small cabin toward the front of the train, "This is usually reserved for the Head Boy and Girl, but I doubt Ms. Granger and Mr. Longbottom would mind you using it."

The three nodded and waited as McGonagall led Mary Jane to the Head Girl's compartment. "Well, Peter, time to suit up," Matt said pulling off his sunglasses and turning a knob on his cane, shortening it into a Billy club.

"Right," Peter said, pulling off his backpack and jerking out a pair of red and blue tights.

A few moments later Peter's spider-sense went off and he had just enough time to glance up when the door slid open and Mary Jane peaked in, "Peter have you seen my … EEP!"

"MARY JANE!!!"

---

"Ron, why do we have to do this?" Neville Longbottom, the Head Boy of New Hogwarts Academy asked, walking along side Ron Weasley and his girlfriend Jubilee through the streets of New Hogsmeade, the village inside the walls of the massive New Hogwarts Castle.

"You're the Head Boy, and I'm her best friend, that's why," Ron answered rubbing his temples, "And if word got out about her … after school activities she'd lose her position as Head Girl. She's worked too hard to earn that to just throw it away. Besides, Harry wouldn't want her to do what she's doing."

"Maybe she's not here this time … maybe we just missed her when we looked in the library …" Jubilee said timidly as they stood before Three-Eyed Jack's Tavern.

"Jubs, she's not been to the library in two weeks," Ron responded, shaking his head, "It's like … it's not Hermione anymore."

They slowly walked in, "Yup, there she is … here we go again …" Neville groaned.

Ron and Jubilee glanced to the corner of the bar and saw a girl with unkept, bushy brown hair sitting on a stool, leaning over the bar with two empty bottles of Firewhiskey sitting beside her and a third in her trembling hand.

The three slowly approached the bar, "Hermione, you ok?" Ron asked gently.

Hermione glanced over her shoulder at them, and the look made Ron involuntarily shudder.

Her mouth was slightly ajar and her eyes had dark circles beneath them. "Wash yous doin?" she slurred, taking a swig of her third and almost empty bottle of Firewhiskey.

"Hermie, I think you've had enough …" Jubilee said, carefully reaching for the bottle but the young witch jerked it away.

"I's had enough when I's says I had enough!" Hermione replied angrily, almost falling off her stool.

"Hermione, you can't keep doing this, what would Harry say if he saw you like this?" Ron pleaded.

"Ya, shash right!" Hermione said loudly, spinning around, slinging some Firewhiskey from her bottle. "Yous, yous all keep tryin' ta make me …'hic' make me think Hawwy ain't comin' back, but me know he is gonna come back, probably tonight, so there, R- … R- …" She said bobbing her bottle toward Ron, with a concentrated look on her face, "Red-headed guy!"

"Come on, Hermione, lets get you back to the tower, and get you to bed," Ron said trying to pry the bottle from her hand.

"Dat's what I THOUGHT!" Hermione almost shouted, "You're shill tryin' ta gesh me … 'hic' in bed! Wasn't that bad smurf girl who looked like me enough for ya, Red-head guy?"

Ron looked hurt, but mostly sickened at the memory of sleeping with Mystique, "Hermione …"

"I gotsh a clone too, ya know … I think … she … 'hic' might shill be alive … prob- prob- maybe wansh us both, do ya?" Hermione grinned drunkenly.

"I'm going to kill her …" Jubilee growled, but was being held back by Neville.

"She's out of her head pissed, cut her some slack!"

"Why ain't Hawwy come back yet?" Hermione asked, her mood changing like a pendulum, "Did I do shumpting wrong? Do you think he don't love me no more? Maybe he don't want to be with a Mudblood after all …" she choked down a sob.

"Come here," Ron said, but not giving her time to react before pulling her into a big hug, "Harry loved you more then life itself, Hermione, if anyone tries to say different, their nothing but a bloody fool. Ok?"

"Ok …" Hermione yawned, "I go night-night now, goodnight Hawwy …" she said as her eyes rolled back in her head and she passed out.

"Poor thing …" Jubilee said softly as Ron struggled to keep upright.

"Yeah, thanks, now will someone get her legs so we can get out of here?" Ron said, glaring at his girlfriend and Neville.

---

"Thank you for having us, Colonel," Professor Albus Dumbledore said from the office on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. He was seated beside Scott Summers, better known as the X-Man Cyclops, and Professor Charles Xavier.

Colonel Nick Fury was a man in his late forties early fifties, with brown, graying hair, an eye patch, and a rough barely shaven face. His rough face was especially out of place with his S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform. "First off you don't have to explain anything about Wizard, Witches, or the Ministry of Magic. S.H.I.E.L.D. has been keeping tabs on your operations since this Voldemort's last little road trip around seventeen years ago." Col. Fury said puffing on his cigar, "What I want to know is what we're exactly up against here."

"Voldemort has joined forces with Eric Lehnsherr for one," Xavier stated.

"Magneto?" Fury whistled, "Probably got his gang, the Brotherhood with him too, huh?"

"I'm afraid so," Xavier nodded.

"Also has a small army of Sentinels, large mechanical and magical weapons. They were designed to hunt mutants and dark wizards alike," Dumbledore continued, "Also Lord Voldemort has a large following of Deatheaters, dark wizards, and several other dark creatures."

"Several other dark creatures?" Fury shook his head, "Like Hitler's little dark arts experiments all over again. I know Cap won't like this …" He glanced up at the three men, "Who do we have on our side?"

"The X-Men and The Order of the Phoenix," Xavier spoke softly, "The Ministry is still in disarray since the disappearance of Minister Umbridge, so we can't count on them, but they could be a factor. So that leaves S.H.I.E.L.D. if you're in, and Spider-Man and Daredevil are in route to New Hogwarts as we speak. The Fantastic Four and the Avengers are setting up a perimeter around England, but have said they will not interfere unless a populated area is threatened. Also we have a few members of the Order searching for Frank Castle."

"The Punisher?" Fury quirked an eyebrow, "You are desperate …"

"One of our own has fallen, Colonel," Dumbledore spoke, a sense of pain in his voice. "He was a mere boy, Voldemort killed him with no sense of mercy. He will not stop until his power is absolute." The aged man said locking eyes with the Commander of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Voldemort MUST be stopped. No matter the cost."

"I see …" Fury said, his brow furrowing in thought. "This does prove to be a threat, even without this Voldemort, Magneto always seems to be heavy duty when it comes to problems. I'll bring this up with my higher ups and see what I can do to at least supply support to you and your group. I'll also talk to Captain America and Dr. Richards and see if I can't convince them to take a more offensive role in this situation."

"Is that all?" Cyclops growled, standing to his feet.

"That's all I can do, Cyclops," Fury said, glancing at the X-Man.

"The boy who was killed, Fury, that was my adopted son, the one Jean and I adopted together," Cyclops growled, giving dangerous glances at all in the room, "I hope you excuse me for finding it disgusting that you all seem to look at him as nothing more then a casualty of war, nothing more then a pawn in your little chess game."

"Scott, that's not it at all …" Xavier replied carefully.

"Whatever, I'll be waiting in the jet," Cyclops hissed, stomping out of the office, slamming the door on the way out.

"Do forgive him," Dumbledore spoke before Xavier could get the chance, "Harry's death has been hard on all of is."

"I understand," Nick nodded puffing his cigar, "I'll give ya a call when I find something out, and just between you and me, X. Worse Case Scenario, I might have to pull a Logan."

Xavier nodded a faint smile on his lips, and he and Dumbledore made their way out of the office.

"Pull a Logan?" Dumbledore glanced down at his companion.

"If they give him marching orders to help us, that's great," Xavier stated softly incase of eavesdroppers, "But if they don't give him orders he likes, he lost them in transmission and will help us anyway."

---

Just outside the thought abandoned Howlett Estate, Alberta Canada…

A man slowly walked toward the barely standing mansion and saw the sign hanging on the large gate surrounding the estate.

"The Riddle House? I figured Dog would make this his original hideout, the bastard," the man said and with a 'Snikt' six triangular claws erupted from his knuckles, "Time to give the murdering son of a bitch a message."

"You hear something, Crabbe?" Bellatrix Lestrange asked peaking out the second story window. Most of the Deatheaters had left to join Lord Voldemort in Genosha, but a good number of Deatheaters remained in his oldest hideout in Alberta Canada.

"No, ma'am," Crabbe, Vincent Crabbe's father, said reclining in an old comfort chair.

A variety of screams downstairs caused both Deatheaters to jump in surprise. "But I heard that ma'am!"

"Come on, stupid!" Bellatrix growled, unsheathing her wand and dashing toward the stairs. Once she reached the ground floor of the mansion her eyes widened in surprise, "Potter?" She gasped, looking in the eyes of the blood covered Wolverine, who was standing in the middle of the living room decorated with Deatheaters' bodies and their blood.

Wolverine released a feral growl, clenching his fists which caused his Adamantium claws to extend even farther.

Bellatrix back peddled several paces, and looked up the stairs in a state of panic. "Crabbe! Get him!"

Crabbe ran, or more or less fell, down the stairs, and without blinking ran toward the feral X-Man. "AVADA …" Crabbe yelled before gasping as Wolverine impaled him with his claws, then with a primal growl began slashing and mauling the Deatheater.

Bellatrix watched in horror as the man she thought murdered years ago was standing over her, looking more monstrous then her own master. She raised her wand but it was suddenly slashed into segments by three Adamantium claws.

"Please don't …" She whimpered, backing away while tears began to slide from her widened eyes.

Wolverine cracked his neck and lunged at the petrified woman. Her mortal screams were heard for miles.

---

"I don't understand it either, My Lord," Wormtail said as he and the Dark Lord Voldemort apparated before the Canadian Riddle House. "They were to report in two hours ago, but we've heard nothing from them."

"Let us see what's the matter then," Voldemort said as they made their way to the door. "It's ajar …" he said, as Wormtail walked forward to open it and peak in.

"Oh my God!" Wormtail gagged, before diving away from the door, and going to his hands and knees throwing up.

Voldemort walked into the main hall and living room of the Riddle House and narrowed his snake-like eyes. The room was a slaughterhouse, even some of his finest Deatheaters laid mutilated on the floor and on the wall was a message written in their blood.

'Dog,

I remember everything. I'm coming for you. Enjoy the last few days of your life.

James Logan Howlett Potter'

To Be Continued …

AN: Just wanted to let you all know, on the last chapter, the woman who visited Jean as the Phoenix was Lily Potter. It was Halloween 1981 when that happened, as it said at the beginning of that scene a year had past since she was brought to Xavier's. just wanted to clear that up ^_^ expect more soon!