Unofficial Portkey Archive

HPX3: Harry Potter & The Flames of the Pheonix by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

HPX3: Harry Potter & The Flames of the Pheonix

Classic Cowboy

Chapter 4: Battle of New Hogwarts Part 2: Lovers Again

"Hello Ms. Granger, I was hoping we'd cross paths in this battle," a voice hissed from behind her, and she spun around to come face to face with Voldemort himself. "You and your boyfriend and best friend have caused me quite a bit of grief in the last few years, my dear Mudblood. I wonder … can I make you beg for mercy as Potter did before I took his life?"

"Harry Potter would never beg, especially to a bastard of you," Hermione snapped back, pointing her wand at the Dark Lord. "You know, I was hoping we'd meet as well, Dog." Hermione smirked darkly at the stunned look that crossed his face, "I know all about your history, I know why you hate Harry's father, and in turn hate Harry. You'll pay for causing them both pain."

"Do you know how many times I have heard that? Even from your own precious Potter," Voldemort rolled his eyes before firing a disarming spell at the teenaged girl.

Hermione waved her wand and deflected the spell hitting a Death Eater that was approaching her from her left without breaking eye contact with Voldemort. "Impressive, Mudblood," Voldemort sneered, "Very impressive indeed."

"Coming from you, I'm not flattered." Hermione replied side stepping a second spell and firing her own stun spell that narrowly missed the unprepared Voldemort.

Voldemort sent a barrage of his best spells, conserving most of his power for Dumbledore and also not willing to waste good spells on a Mudblood. He smirked as dust boiled from where the Head Girl was standing. And after a few moments shook his head and turned his back. "Good … but still a Mudblood." He said as he started to walk off.

"Are you finished playing, because I'm tired of games, Tom Riddle." Voldemort's eyes widened as heard Hermione's voice call from the smoke.

---

"Helmet head is mine!" Ron called as he narrowly missed Blob's flying tackle. He glanced down at the one ton mutant before glancing at the leader of the Brotherhood of Mutants standing on his floating metal platform over the battlefield. "Hey! Old-timer! Come down here and fight me Muggle to Wizard!"

"Pathetic child," Magneto said glancing down at the teen. "A foolish student challenging the Master of Magnetism? Be gone, fool, I have more important matters to attend."

The fact the villain ignored him just infuriated the redhead more then ever before. The youngest male Weasley pointed his wand at the scarlet clad mutant, "STUPEFY!" He cast the spell was stopped by Magneto's magnetic barriers. "Oh big man hiding behind his force field, Coward!"

"You know nothing of battle, boy, depart before I get angry."

'Magnetic powers huh?' Ron thought as he narrowed his eyes in thought, 'Never thought one of Fred and George's tricks would come in handy but … guess everybody has a use sometime or another. Hope this works …' Ron smiled and looked back up at the older man. "Hey, Magnet bloke, I just have two words to say to you!" Ron said twirling his wand in a horseshoe path and called out, "Confuto Magnetos!"

A blue and red magical blast shot toward the Master of Magnetism, this time blazing through his force barrier and striking him in the chest.

"What the …" Magneto said in surprise as the platform rocked a few seconds before plummeting to the ground on a few unsuspecting Death Eaters.

Magneto shook his head and looked up just in time for Ron's fist to collide with his face, "Don't worry, Maggie," Ron smiled as he knocked the old man's helmet clear off, "That was just a little spell to stop magnets from being magnets. Great for buggering up Muggle electronics. You should have your powers back … in about a week … I think."

---

Hermione cried as pain shot up her leg from where Voldemort's Crucio spell grazed her right thigh. She fell to the ground grasping her leg as it throbbed in pain.

"Getting tired, Mudblood?" Voldemort said as he approached the girl.

Hermione slowly pulled herself back to her feet, her hair stuck to her sweat covered neck and face. Hermione limped back and gasps as she saw she was approaching a cliff overlooking the rough waves and jagged rocks. "Nowhere to run, little Mudblood, going to cry out for mercy as your loved one did? Harry was quite distraught when I bested him, crying like a baby … begging for mercy … begging me not to harm you."

Where have all the good men gone
and where are all the gods?

"You'll … never win …" Hermione breathed holding her wand in a trembling hand.

"Funny, I believe that is what Potter and his father said before I defeated them both." Voldemort mused, "Accio Wand." He said and Hermione's wand shot from her hand into Voldemort's. "Don't you see, Granger? I already have won."

Where's the street-wise Hercules
to fight the rising odds?

Voldemort chuckled to himself and stuffed both his and Hermione's wands into his cloak, "A silly little Mudblood isn't worth wasting magic on." He said as he approached the girl.

The Dark Lord grabbed Hermione's face in his bony hand roughly and smiled down at her, "Such a beautiful face to have such ugly blood."

Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?

"It's a shame … such beauty … must ally with Potter." Voldemort sneered, "Goodbye Mudblood," he said before shoving Hermione back hard, causing her to stumble off the cliff.

Hermione opened her eyes to see the jagged rocks approaching rapidly. A small happy smile spread across her face as she closed her eyes welcomingly. "I'm coming Harry …"

Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need …

"HERMIONE!!!" Ron Weasley called from across the battlefield. He saw Captain America's shield flying through the air as a discus, and narrowed eyes in rage, "ACCIO SHIELD!" He called and the red white and blue shield turned and flew onto the boy's arm as he dashed toward the man he grew up fearing in raw rage.

I need a hero!
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night

"NO ONE ELSE!!" Ron called in pure hatred as he deflected Voldemort's spell with Captain America's shield. "FIRST HARRY! NOW HERMIONE?!? I WON'T LET YOU TAKE ANYMORE OF MY FRIENDS … ANYMORE OF MY FAMILY!!"

Voldemort didn't get his own magical barrier up before Ron hit him hard with the solid Adamantium steel shield, sending the snake-like wizard to the ground. "CRUCIO!!!" Ron called aiming his wand at the dazed Voldemort and the Dark Lord cried out in pain.

He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh for the fight

Ron kicked the wizard in the ribs making him roll along the ground, "That was for Hermione!" Ron said moving in on the man he now held no fear for.

I need a hero!
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Ron jerked the Dark Lord off the ground by the collar of his robes, "And this is for Harry!" Ron snapped, before backhanding the wizard with the shield.

He picked the man back up, and glared hatefully at the Dark Wizard. "And this is for me!" Ron said head butting the man hard.

Ron took a step back before Captain America's shield was blasted off his arm and clanged along the hard ground. Ron reached for it but was blasted back by a Stupefy spell from a Deatheater.

"You pathetic little fool," Voldemort snapped, climbing back to his feet, "AVADA KADAVRA!" He called, but before the beam could hit Ron, Buckbeak's talons grabbed Ron by the shoulders and lifted him into the air.

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me

"What the?" Ron asked, looking up to see the Hippogriff carrying him high above the battle field. "Buckbeak? What are you doing here?"

Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet

Professor Xavier and Dumbledore stayed behind a broken wall seeking cover, while trying to see how the battle was progressing.

Dumbledore sighed as the armored Iron Man crashed into a wall after being smacked by a Sentinel, then glanced at the wheelchair bound mutant, "We're losing aren't we Charles?"

"We'll find a way, Albus, We'll find a way." Xavier replied, before catching sight of the Hippogriff flying toward them.

Up where the mountains meet the heavens above

Out where the lightning splits the sea
I would swear that there's someone somewhere
Watching me

Ron was sat down gently before the winged animal swung around and landed. The battle slowed to a stop as those who recognized Buckbeak's rider with a look as if they'd seen a ghost.

Through the wind and the chill and the rain

He hopped down off the Hippogriff and turned to the stunned Ron Weasley. "Take her," He said placing the fainted Hermione into Ron's arms.

And the storm and the flood

"My god he's back …" Xavier breathed.

"There may be hope now," Dumbledore agreed as possibly the most powerful wizard of the generation stood before them.

He pulled off his sunglasses and placed them in his uniform jacket's pocket and approached the shocked Voldemort. "One must stand, Tom, and one must fall."

I can feel his approach
Like the fire in my blood

Hermione's eyes slowly fluttered open, and glanced up to see she was cradled in Ron's arms. "Ron what's …" she started, but stopped suddenly when she followed his line of sight. "Harry …"

Hero!

"You!" Voldemort gasped, backing away from the Boy Who Lived Yet Again, "You CANNOT be here! I killed you! I watched YOU DIE!!"

Harry Potter merely shrugged, and popped his neck, "I got better."

I need a hero!
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night

"DEMENTORS! COME TO ME!" Voldemort called, but no assistance came.

"Sorry Tommy," Harry smirked darkly, "They can't help you anymore. Mum, you remember her, Lily Potter, used to be Lily Evans, she's taken care of them." He said as he continued toward him.

He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh for the fight

"You lie! Your mother is dead!" Voldemort said, fear evident in his snake-like voice.

"As I should be if you recall. I went and got her and we agreed we'd come back and bring you to the afterlife with us." Harry said with a sinister smile, "Haven't been there but Hell looks really scary passing over it."

I need a hero!
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light

Voldemort held his wand toward Harry, but it was visibly shaking. "Go a head, as the Muggles say third time's a charm, but they also say three strikes and your out."

Sentinels! Destroy the boy!" Voldemort ordered as he placed more space between the young X-Man and wizard. But the Deatheater's lord flinched when what sounded like a phoenix's call filled the air.

Heroes and villains both jumped or ducked as beams of fire shot through the back and chests of the massive machines causing them to fall to the ground in heaps. "MY PRECIOUS SENTINELS!!" Lucius Malfoy called as he watched his creations destroyed.

He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

"What?" Voldemort gasped as a gigantic flaming bird soared over the battlefield, causing many of Voldemort and Magneto's forces to run.

"What do you say Tom?" Harry asked pulling his wand from his holster, "Finish it now or later?"

Hero!

"Enjoy your victory today, Potter," Voldemort sneered, "We WILL meet again." And with that the Dark Lord turned on his heel and walked toward Lucius. "Sound the retreat." He said softly.

"What sir?" Lucius asked in surprise.

"Don't make me repeat myself!" He hissed, before apperating away.

Oh, he's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh for the fight!

"HA! HE DID IT!" Spider-Man laughed as he watched the dark wizards and evil mutants run away, "Harry turned the tide!"

Heroes and young Wizards and Witches cheered, and danced around the broken remains of the Sentinels in victory.

While Harry let out a loud sigh of relief. "Thank God that worked …"

"MAGE!!!" Harry heard in stereo before he was tackled and dog piled by the younger X-Men, then by New Hogwarts students.

Harry managed to crawl out before Jubilee, Shadow Cat, and Nightcrawler gave their own group hug on the boy. "Thank the Lord, this is a true miracle!" Kurt cheered, as he hugged Harry and the girls with both arms and his tail.

They finally let go and Harry pulled into yet another hug. "You never cease to amaze me, son," Cyclops said as he pulled the teen into a tight hug.

"Missed you too, Dad," Harry said returning the hug.

Meanwhile, a few feet away, Hermione watched fearfully beside Ron. "Well?" the youngest male Weasley asked, looking at the bushy haired teen questioningly. "He's waiting for you." Ron said nodding toward Harry who had just been released by his adopted father.

Hermione gulped and slowly moved forward. Harry turned to meet her. And the whole crowd was silent as the two met face to face for the first time in months. "Um … Hi, Hermione …" Harry said uncomfortably.

"Is this some freaky dream?" Hermione asked looking up into Harry's emerald green eyes. "Be cause if it is … I just can't handle it …"

Ron being the helpful best friend that he is, walked up and grabbed a few strands of her hair and gave a hard jerk, removing them and their roots from her head. "RON YOU UNSUFFERABLE GIT, WHAT DID YOU … This isn't a dream …"

"Sorry I'm late, Mione," Harry said softly cupping Hermione's cheek in his hand. "But you should have known I'd come back to you."

"YOU'VE REALLY COME BACK!!" Hermione sobbed, as she threw her arms around the young wizard's neck, and pressed her lips to his in a fierce passionate kiss.

"I hate to interrupt this tender moment, Mr. Potter, but please, how did you survive this time? The X-Men saw your body." Dumbledore asked.

Harry and Hermione broke the kiss, but remained in each other's arms, "Mum, she brought me back." Harry stated.

"What?" Xavier asked puzzled.

"You coming down, Mum?" Harry asked looking toward the sky.

On cue, the massive firebird circled the group before landing before them. The Flames recessed and a lone figure walked out. "Hi Scott …" Jean Gray said shyly, giving a small smile to her husband.

"Jean …" Cyclops blinked, his visor-covered eyes running from her face to her red and gold clad body back to her emerald green eyes, "Jean you're alive?" He asked in a squeaky voice, before his body went slack and fell into Gambit and Rogue's arms.

"Easy mon ami," Gambit said, as Rogue gently slapped the field commander's cheeks.

"Fine way to say howdy to ya betta half, huh, Sugah?" Rogue giggled.

"Would someone mind filling us in on what's going on?" Mr. Fantastic, leader of the Fantastic Four, asked approaching the group.

"Let's go inside," Jean said glancing around the group, "We have a lot to talk about."

To Be Continued …

Sorry for the very long wait, and shouldn't take as long, but don't expect another update overnight. My college is about to start back so it'll have some delay. But more is on the way!

Disclaimer: the song in this chapter was "Holding out for a Hero" by Jennifer Saunders from the Shrek 2 soundtrack.

Next chapter: The Slap Heard Round The World