Unofficial Portkey Archive

And Baby Makes Two? by diggingupophelia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

And Baby Makes Two?

diggingupophelia

A/N: Again thanks for all of your reviews, they have really given me a reason to keep writing, I am surprised I have churned this out so fast, I hope I didn't just jinx myself, I am going to try like mad to get this whole story finished by the end of the week, but I have midterms coming up so it might take a little bit longer…maybe I'll post one part at a time if it gets to that. I hope you enjoy, and don't forget to let me know how much you enjoyed this, I have found that I have come addicted to reviews.

@)-----;---------- ---------;-------(@

Part Eight: The Hospital Wing

Draco decided that he should sleep while he wasn't constantly throwing up, and when he woke up he was in for a bit of a shock, Harry was sleeping in the bed next to him. Seeing Harry only served to remind him about what he heard coming from behind that curtain and then panic set in. Draco swung his legs over to the side of the bed, winced at the pain from his bruise, and stood up. It was then he remembered that all he was wearing was that stupid hospital gown with his backside hanging out and he didn't see his robes or his wand anywhere near by. "Bloody wonderful" he cursed as he swung his legs back into bed just as he heard footsteps approaching. It was Madame Pomfrey and she was carrying a vial of potion and another huge syringe.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy, I am glad to see that you are finally awake," she put the syringe in a pocket of her robes and handed Draco the vial of potion. " you can drink this then." She handed him the vial of potion waited for him to drink it. "While you were out, I examined you and everything seems to be in order. But there will be no Quidditch and no dueling."

Draco just nodded his head, he wasn't happy with the situation, but really, what could he do about it? Then he had to ask, "Madame Pomfrey, what was Potter arguing about earlier?"

"You heard that?"

"Yes, and frankly I am a bit concerned, since I am in the same situation" he paused, "what was he trying to keep a wand away from?"

"Well, I suppose you're going to find out soon enough. I should warn you that there was a slight problem with your transfiguration, now before you panic you should know that Professor McGonagall is working right now to correct the problem, but it will wear off on its own"

"Transfiguration of what? What in bloody hell are you going on about?"

"Well I had to examine the baby, and you don't come equipped with access, so Professor McGonagall had to…"

Madame Pomfrey didn't even need to finish that sentence, Draco lifted the sheet and pulled his hospital gown up…, "My…oh Merlin, what in bloody hell, I have a…well I don' t bloody well have the parts I am supposed to have! You've turned me into a girl, what if I don't get my parts back? Then what?"

"Mr. Malfoy, calm down, we just think we tried to transfigure them too early and it reacted badly with the spell. Mr. Potter didn't have any problems at all, but he was a month along before we were able to do anything. The longest the transfiguration will last is the duration of the pregnancy"

"You mean that I am going to have to walk around like this for nine months?"

"If Professor McGonagall can't work it out then I am afraid so"

Draco didn't know what else to say. It figures that St. Potter would avoid a problem like this, all these things always happen to me. Well then again everyone did try to warn me. Oh bloody hell, there is no way I can stay in my house like this…I'll have lost all control of those blasted morons. Then Draco was roused by his thoughts, by Harry.

"What are you doing here Draco?"

"You mean you don't know why I'm here"

"Yeah I do," Harry looked remorseful, "So how are you feeling? I reckon my spell was a bit more powerful than the one you threw at me."

"Well thanks to you I haven't left the loo in four days"

" Yeah sorry about that, I at least had a couple of days before that part of the spell kicked in" then he paused, "but you know Draco, neither one of us would be in this predicament had you not destroyed the only copies of the counter hex"

"I guess, but then I didn't think I was going to be in this situation"

There was a long and drawn out silence that was only interrupted by footsteps approaching Harry and Draco. It was Madame Pomfrey, and the both winced, neither one was in the mood to be poked at right now.

"Good to see you are awake Mr. Potter. The way you were carrying on earlier one would have thought that Professor McGonagall and I were going to kill you. Honestly your transfiguration went fine, everything is back to normal. Ms. Granger is going to come and collect you after she finishes giving out Prefect duties, so you may get dressed. But you have to take these potions first" She handed him four vials on a tray, and then turned her attention to Draco.

"Mr. Malfoy, you can get dressed as well, oh and, I have just finished speaking with Professor McGonagall and she is sorry but she couldn't find anything that would fix her mistake, so you are just going to have to wait it out!"

Harry knew exactly what she was talking about and almost choked on his potion, "You see, I told you nothing good would come of that, she isn't coming anywhere near me with that wand again!"

" Don't be such a baby Harry. You will be fine, we just tried on Mr. Malfoy too soon is all"

Harry released a sigh of relief, then had to stifle a giggle, he had to wonder what exactly went wrong with Draco's transfiguration, but judging by the look on his face whatever it was wasn't good. After Madame Pomfrey left, Harry found himself staring at Draco,

" Don't say anything to anyone Potter!"

"Oh and why shouldn't I, it isn't like you didn't tell the entire school I was pregnant once you found out I had been to the hospital wing"

"Please Harry, I'll do anything, just please don't tell the whole school about this" Draco then heard Hermione call for Harry, "Please" he whispered once more

Harry just smirked and went to his beloved.

Later That Night, in the Head Boy and Girl's private room…

"Harry, close your eyes, I have a surprise for you"

He smirked again, " I think I have had enough surprises for one day, Love. I am knackerd, I think I am going to head off to bed"

Hermione pouted, and made the cutest puppy dog eyes he had ever seen, so he had to give in, "Ok" and he closed his eyes tightly and held out his hands. Hermione placed a globe in his hands that was the size of a bludger. "Ok, Harry, open your eyes"

Harry was shocked to see what was in front of him. A wide smile spread on his face. Inside the globe was his baby. He could see the small mass that was really nothing more than an undiscernable mass of grayish matter. "Is this a picture from today?"

"This is better than a picture of today. While you were passed out, I performed a charm that acts kind of like a Muggle video camera, and it projects and stores the images into this globe. This is what the baby is doing now, and you will be able to see the baby throughout the entire pregnancy"

Harry started to cry. "This is the nicest thing anyone could have done for me. Thank you Hermione" Harry pulled Hermione onto his chest, and she couldn't help but notice that it was a bit softer than she was used to, but she still loved being in Harry's embrace. The two of them fell asleep in front of the roaring fire.

@)---`,---------

Part Nine: So Emotional

Three Months Later…

Hermione was beside herself with worry and frustration. She loved Harry more than anything, but she was going to wring his bloody neck if he didn't get his emotions under control. She was always walking on egg shells around him, and no matter how their conversation started, it always ended the same way, with Harry shouting and in tears and Hermione huffing away mumbling under her breath. Hermione set a large number of books down on a common room table near where Harry was playing Wizard's Chess with Ron, and then went over to Harry and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"How are you feeling today?"

Harry didn't answer right away, instead he plotted out his next move and watched as his piece attacked Ron's and moved it off of the board. "Bloody wonderful" he replied sarcastically.

"What's wrong today, Harry?" she said with the slightest hint of annoyance in her voice

"My robes didn't fit this morning when I got dressed for school" he said trying to push back the tears

Then Ron, as caring as ever, chimed in , "You should have seen him, he fell on to his bed in a fit of tears, going on about how disgusting he was and how the stretch marks were going to destroy his body. I told him to calm down and did a simple stretching spell on his robes, then he left all in a huff" Then Ron giggled.

"Shut up Ron, it isn't funny. I'd like to know how you'd feel?"

"Oh come off it Harry, I know that stretching spell because I use it everyday, I have to make room for all that food I eat somehow. Honestly, you are worse than a woman. I can't see Hermione going on about her robes. Be sensible. You are growing a person!"

Harry's face turned red, "Leave it to you to be Mr. Sensitive" he said sardonically.

"Harry, he's Ron, he is always like that" Hermione said matter of factly

" Oh so now you're taking his side?" he shouted, "Why don't you just go and shag him then? I know you wouldn't want to touch me since I am so disgusting! You haven't come near me like that for almost a month!"

Ron's face grew red, "Harry, I just ate, I don't need to be hearing about you and Hermione shagging, or not shagging"

"Leave if you don't like it" he snapped

"Ok, I'm going to bed. Night Harry, Hermione"

Hermione sat with her arms crossed for a second and then cast a silencing charm around them, it was bad enough that the whole common room was staring at them, the didn't need to hear it too, and she knew it would be impossible to get Harry to leave anyway."

"I do not think you are disgusting or unattractive Harry"

"Then why won't you make love to me anymore?"

"Because you are always so moody and I don't know how to approach you!"

"Oh" he looked shocked, "So you don't think I am fat and gross"

"Harry you are carrying our child, how could I think you were anything but attractive?"

"Attractive?" he scoffed, "Look at me" Harry pulled his robes to the side to reveal a small bump in his abdomen. "My body is ruined" he sobbed.

"No it isn't. You'll bounce right back after the baby is born" Then Hermione reached out and touched the bump on Harry's abdomen. "I love you Harry"

He smiled, "I love you too. Can we go up to the private common room?"

"Anything to keep you happy love"

With that the two of them made their way up to a secluded space…

(A/N: I'll leave this up to your imagination, because I have tried about 6 times to write a `love scene' and it is far too weird considering Harry's condition, sorry about that, maybe in a later chapter)

Now I have honored your requests for a speedy update, now please honor mine and leave a Review, be honest, but not mean.

-->