Unofficial Portkey Archive

And Baby Makes Two? by diggingupophelia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

And Baby Makes Two?

diggingupophelia

A/N: You guys are giving me a huge ego, and you are really giving me a reason to write. To all of you who took the time to review, thank you so much. I hope you keep on reviewing for me! Now here is the next installment. By the way, I know these chapters aren't very long, but I don't want to write a bunch of filler crap that will take away from the story, plus on of the draw backs of being an English major is that you learn how to just get to the point… so sorry about the length, but I hope what it lacks in length it makes up in humor. Oh and I do have class during the week so I won't be posting four chapters in one day, but I will try to post one a day, or at least one every other day.

Oh yeah, and here is my reasoning for Draco being so OOC, after the war he sees that his family was wrong. This is just the way I could see Draco evolving after he realizes the error of his ways.

@)-----;--------

Part 11: When Harry met Draco, and then Draco Moved In

(A/N: In my opinion this part sucks, but it is necessary for the next part…I know I said that last time too, but this is still true. I worked on this part and it just won't come together. I might edit it at some point)

Later the Same Day

Harry left Madame Pomfrey's office with his new stock of potions to get through the week. He was just happy that Madame Pomfrey agreed to use the globe to examine the baby instead of using transfiguration constantly, that was a load off Harry's mind. Harry was making his way down to the kitchens to see if he could get a quick snack from the house elves when he heard something coming form the corridor that lead to the Grand Staircase. It sounded like whimpering.

Harry followed the sound of the whimpering until he came to the front of a large statue of some Goblin from one of the Rebellions, but that wasn't the point, the point was that there was a crumpled figure with blonde hair lying in the fetal position behind this statue. Immediately Harry recognized the figure as Draco.

"Draco, are you alright?"

"Yeah" he was sobbing again, "Those wankers hit me in the blasted eye! They knocked me over and said they were going to kick me in the stomach. Then they pulled down my pants and found out that McGonagall made my penis vanish" with the last bit he really started to cry. "As if it wasn't bad enough I was growing three penny bits, now I've lost my rightful bits!"

"Come on Draco, we're going to see Dumbledore"

Harry helped Draco up and the two of them made their way to the Headmaster's office. Harry walked up to the statue of the gargoyle and said, "Canary Cream" the statue moved to reveal the staircase to the Headmaster's office. As expected, Dumbledore was sitting at his desk. He was writing when the walked in, but did not look surprised to see the pair standing before him.

"I've been expecting you Mr. Malfoy"

"Really?" Draco was shocked, he really had no idea how powerful Dumbledore was, in fact he was blinded to the greatness of this man because of his father.

Dumbledore nodded, "Yes, now I know things haven't been going well for you in your own house given your situation, and Professors Snape, McGonagall and myself have spoken and have come up with a solution"

"When should I pack my bags?"

"You let the house elves pack them, I don't want you going back to your former house, I fear that nothing but harm will come to you there. You have two choices Draco, you can go home and live with your mother, or you can be transferred to Gryffindor house"

"Well I can't go home, but are you sure it has to be Gryffindor?"

"Gryffindor House is the only house willing to accept a transfer, this is your last year after that you will probably never see these people again, especially since you have cut yourself off from that way of life"

Draco nodded, "At least none of the Gryffindors will try to kill me or my baby"

Dumbledore nodded in affirmation, and then turned to Harry, "Thank you for bringing Mr. Malfoy here Harry, please show him to his new common room"

"Thank you sir"

Draco and Harry left Dumbledore's office but did not go directly to the common room. After leaving Dumbledore's office, Harry and Draco's stomaches gurgled at the same time. "Werid" they both said in unision. Harry and Draco just looked at each other. Neither one wanted to open their mouths for fear of the other one talking at the same time. Harry raised is hand to Draco and spoke, "Lets head to the kitchens I could really go for some bangers and fudge". Draco made a face, " That is disgusting Harry, you should really try kosher dills with pumpkin ice cream, that my friend is how food is done"

----

Later on in the Common Room

Harry walked in first and had Draco wait in the corridor. Ron rushed up to him with an excited grin on his face, "Guess what Harry, we're getting a new roommate, some transfer student"

"I know"

Ron's face fell, "Why does Hermione always have to ruin everything?"

"Dumbledore told me"

"Oh" he paused, "Well the new bloke's going to be here any second Harry"

"He's already here"

"I hope he's a good seeker, ever since you've been benched we haven't been fairing too well"

"He is a fair seeker, but I don't think he is going to be able to play" Just as Harry said that Draco walked through the portrait hole accompanied by Professors McGonagall and Snape.

Ron was shocked he just stood with his mouth gaping and open barely able to breathe. Hermione on the other hand was quite pulled together, "Hello Draco, welcome to Gryffindor"

Snape just curled his lip, and McGonagall offered her favorite pupil a smile, then turned to address the rest of the class, "Mr. Malfoy will be a new member of your house for obvious reasons, since he turned to the side of the light"

Snape then decided that it was an appropriate time to announce the real reason Draco was there as well as tell Harry's secret as well. He used a stage whisper, "Now Minerva you should really let them know that two pregnant men are walking around their house"

Minerva glared at Severus, he just put his hands up in front of him, "What, what did I do?"

" Honestly Severus, have you been taking lessons from Ronald Weasley!" Minerva forgot for a second that Severus was a professor and not a student she grabbed him by his ear and lead him out of the Gryffindor common room. Harry had to bite his lip to keep from giggling.

----

About an hour later…

"Granger I told you to get away from me with that thing!"

"Draco, quit being such a baby! It isn't going to hurt. I know what I am doing"

" I said get away from me with that wand, I don't want you near me or my baby with that. How to I know you aren't casting a spell to turn me into a hippogriff or something?"

"You don't, but part of being in Gryffindor is being brave."

" Well, …. I …" he paused, he was very flustered, "Get away from me with that wand!"

Hermione didn't really care what he had to say, she was going to carry out this grand gesture if it killed Draco! She put her hands on his shoulder and pushed him down onto the sofa. "Sit!"

Draco closed his eyes bracing himself for the worst and began to yell, "Harry, your girlfriend has gone bloody mad! She is trying to kill me"

Harry, who was playing a game of Wizard's chess with Ron, laughed, "Draco, she isn't going to kill you. She casts those spells on me all the time and I'm not dead!"

Draco rolled his eyes, "Yeah well, she likes you"

"I guess you do have a point then" replied Harry

"What are you playing at Granger?"

Hermione rolled her eyes and made her way over to Harry, "Harry show him the globe"

"Oi, Granger, you can't expect him to run about showing off his genitals to the entire common room"

"That wasn't the globe I was talking about!"

Harry pulled a small clear ball from the pocket of his robes and handed it to Hermione. She waved her wand across it and it expanded to its original size. "This will allow you to see your baby any time you wish, and it records all the activity, it's a baby book of sorts! I created the spell myself" Hermione beamed

"Wicked" was all Draco could say, then he listened to all Hermione's instructions as she performed the complicated charm. After the charm was complete and Draco was looking at his baby just floating about he was brought out of his happiness by a sharp blow to the side of the head. After he picked his head back up, he turned around to see on firery redhead standing behind him with her arms at her hips, anger flaring in her chocolate brown eyes, and a scowl on her face. Draco gulped, and tried to plaster a smile on his face while he rubbed his throbbing head.

"Draco Malfoy" started Ginny, "How dare you keep this from ME of all people!"

She wound up to hit him again, but Harry grabbed her arm, "Ginny, the baby"

Ginny reluctantly dropped her fist to her side, "Well I am waiting for your explaination" she tapped her foot and put her hands on her hips. Harry backed away, she looked just like her mother when her mother was angry, and he knew that he didn't want to be anywhere near Ginny when she really let him have it.

"Ginny, I don't know why I didn't tell you." And then the waterworks began, "I just am so disgusting and you are so beautiful. You deserve someone so much better than me" he hung his head and let the tears fall freely.

Ginny immediately felt bad, "Draco I am so sorry"

"No I'm sorry, I should have told you about the baby"

"Well…"

Draco cut her off, "you are the baby's mother, Ginny"

"What?"

"The spell…" Draco explained how the spell worked, and Ginny looked in awe. She put hand to Draco's stomach and her face lit up. Then she noticed the globe and took it in her hands and just looked into it.

"I am so happy"

Then Ron had to come into the conversation, "What do you mean she is the mother of this child?"

Neither Ginny nor Draco said anything.

"Well?"

"Ron, sod off, you can't tell me who I can and cannot date. Just because you are my brother does not mean that I cannot do what I want to do" Ginny grabbed Draco by the hand and led him off to a secluded corner of the common room. This did not stop Ron from following them. Ron tapped Draco on the shoulder and he turned around. Ron swung right at Draco's face, but before he made contact a great blue light enveloped Draco and pushed Ron clear across the room.

Ron was in a daze, "What the bloody hell was that all about?"

Hermione answered, "I guess, the baby is protecting Draco"

"But Ginny hit him"

"She wasn't intending on really hurting him you were"

"Bollocks! Did you see how angry she was?"

Hermione just shrugged her shoulders and helped her best friend up. Ron stood up and rubbed his arse, he did fall pretty hard, "Bloody hormones, they're enough to cause some serious damage to innocent bystanders such as myself" he mumble under his breath and then made his way up to the common room.

A/N: I wanted to post this so you guys could see what happens next and will try to have the next two parts up by tomorrow…the story is almost at an end…almost…Review!!

-->