Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Children of the Atom by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Children of the Atom

Classic Cowboy

Chapter 7: Protecting Those That Fear and Hate

The corner of the living room had crumbled and the wall lay in ruins. Slowly a figure stood from the rubble, his clothing was torn and bloody, but his body looked almost untouched. His intense eyes glared through his broken glasses and his hair was dirty and ruffled. And blood dripped from the claw-like bones that protruded from between his knuckles. "Tom!" He called, "We're not finished!" he received no answer in the silent cabin.

"Tom, where are you?" He called stumbling up the stairs to the bedrooms, "You bloody coward! Face me!"

He sniffed the air, searching the home for the way he went, and when he caught the direction the monster went, his eyes lit up with fear, "Oh god …" he took a full dash toward the nursery, and what he saw inside caused his insides to flip-flop, "L-Lil? Lily no …" He whimpered pulling his wife into his arms and held her lifeless body tightly, "Lil wake up … please …"

He finally took notice of the others in the room, "Harry … Harry!" He cried, as he quickly yet gently laid his wife down, and went for their infant son, and held him close. He was a live … barely, and blood dripped from a large gash on his forehead, "Harry …"

"How?" the third person in the room whispered pulling himself to his feet, holding a shattered wand, "how did he survive the killing curse?" He heard but listened to nothing else as an intense pain shot through his body then he looked down at the child and stared in awe as the cut healed into a lightening bolt scar.

"You can't save him," Tom said with a smirk, "I placed the killing curse on him , he will be dead in moments."

He knew of the curse, and knew he was probably only delaying the inevitable. But also knew the one that was responsible was standing right before him, practically defenseless. And with a sickening 'snikt', he dove at him, claws drawn, crying "YOU TOOK THEM FROM ME!!!"

--

"YOU TOOK THEM FROM ME!!!!" Logan cried, setting up in his bed, breathing heavy. After a few moments of catching his breath he unsheathed his indestructible adamantium claws. "Why?" he asked, staring at his claws, "why can't I remember … why can't I remember who I am?"

--

"Can't sleep?" Harry heard, causing him to jump, "Jean, what are you doing up?" he asked as Jean walked in with a robe over her nightgown.

"Nervous about tomorrow night?" she asked sitting down next to him on the couch before the television.

"Maybe …" Harry whispered, blushing lightly, "I want Kitty to enjoy herself, and I'm afraid some jerks at school may say something out of line."

"Kitty can and will take care of herself, Harry," Jean said giving a warm motherly smile.

"I kind of wish it was different though," Harry sighed, "Don't get me wrong, you have all become my family, but … Hermione and Ron … were kind of … well … they were the first people I ever considered my real family, and …"

"It hurts to lose them like you have," Jean finished for him, "Don't lose hope, Harry," She whispered pulling him into a hug, "They may still come around."

"You better watch it, Potter," a voice called from behind the doorway, "I might get jealous."

"Scott?" Harry asked confused at the very sleepy looking Cyclops.

"You called, Jean," he asked, "You sounded nervous, what's wrong,"

"Nothing's …wrong, Scott," Jean sighed, "just … I'm not sure if I'll have the courage to ask him later."

"Ask … me what?" Harry asked nervously.

"Harry …" Jean began as Scott sat down beside her, "since your godfather and aunt and uncle's deaths, Professor Xavier has taken guardianship of you."

Harry nodded, "Yes, I'm aware of this …"

"Well, Harry …" Jean started taking Scott's hand, "Since you came here, we, Scott and I, we've come to think of you as the son we've always wanted …"

"And if it's ok with you," Scott continued for her, "if you don't like the idea we can forget the whole thing …"

"Harry, what we'd like to ask," Jean said, stopping to silently gulp, "is would you allow us to adopt you? We … we would like you to be an official part of our family."

"You … want to adopt me? You'd like me to be … to be your son?" Harry asked, wide-eyed in shock, not sure what to say.

"We can not possibly take the place of your real mom and dad, or your godfather," Scott said placing a hand on the boy's shoulder, "But we'd be happy for you to join our family."

"When? When can we get it arranged?" Harry asked in a quiet voice, staring at the floor.

"The paperwork shouldn't take that long, we can make arrangements for Wanda to tutor you in the classes tomorrow, and we can go get it all squared away before the dance." Jean explained, "That is … if you're ok with it. If you don't want to, we understand."

"You … want me to be your son …" Harry stated looking up at them tears rimming his eyes, "no one's … ever wanted me to be their son … I've never … known what it's like to actually have parents … and … you two … I couldn't wish for better … thank you … yes … let's get it done first thing in the morning!" He then stood up and pulled them both into a bear hug.

"Well, if we're going to make it legal," Jean said reluctantly breaking the hug, "we had better get to bed."

Harry nodded with possibly the brightest smile he has ever had across his face, "Ok," Harry said walking toward the doorway, "Goodnight … Mum, Dad," he then turned and walked out leaving Scott and Jean dumbfounded.

"Scott … did he just..." Jean asked blinking rapidly.

"Yes …" Scott responded just as dumbly, but slowly allowing a smile to creep across his lips, "I believe he did." He said as he pulled his wife into a hug.

'Why?' Jean thought as she relaxed in her husband's arms, 'Why did hearing him call me that … seem so natural and … familiar …'

--

"Can I go now, Wanda?" Harry asked watching his caldron bubble in the kitchen.

"The dance is not going anywhere, Little Slim," Wanda said with a smirk examining his concoction, giving Harry the nickname his now adopted father used to go by when he was Harry's age, "and Kitty isn't ready to go yet so we shall continue the lesson."

"Fascinating …" Beast mused watching Harry and Wanda work on his potions assignment, hanging upside down from a perch on the ceiling, "What does it do?"

"It's supposed to be a revitalizing draught," Harry said unsurely, "But I never was good at potions …"

"Allow me to test it, usually when I visit my niece on Christmas holiday she uses me to test her potions," Beast said, taking a small vile of the potion.

"Beast be …" Harry started but wasn't quick enough before Beast downed the whole vile, "careful …"

A moment later Beast fell from his perch and started to snore on the kitchen table. "I think I need a lot more hash powder." Harry mused at the KO'ed blue X-Man.

"He should be back to in a hour or so," Wanda blinked looking over Beast.

"Ready to go, Harry?" Kitty's voice sounded from the doorway. Harry turned around and just jaw dropped. Kitty was wearing a long light blue strapless dress, a small 'X' pendent, that all X-Men were given, around her neck, her long hair was let down and curled, and her face had just enough makeup to complement her features. "You like, Harry?" she asked smiling.

"Wow …" Harry whispered looking her over.

"X squared times two to the … second power … yields …" Beast groaned in his sleep destroying the mood, causing both teens and Wanda to laugh.

"Well," Harry said, as Kitty intertwined her arm with his, "Shall we be off?"

Kitty nodded with a chuckle, and the two headed toward his portkey, "You two have fun," Prof. Xavier said smiling as they disappeared. Xavier then looked over to the shadowy part of the living room, "Go with them, but stay hidden," he instructed, "I've a bad feeling." Then in two 'poofs' the person in the shadows and the portkey on the coffee table was gone.

--

Despite the stares and fact most avoided them like the plague, Harry and Kitty were having a ball at the dance. Kitty especially enjoyed the slow songs, even though she knew none of the songs played.

"That's them, huh?" She asked, a hint of coldness in her voice.

"Huh?" Harry asked shaking his head out of his trance.

She answered by nodding to a redheaded guy around Harry's height, and the bushy headed girl in his arms.

"Yes, that's Ron and Hermione," Harry sighed.

That's all I wanted to know," she growled, turning and starting to stomp their way.

"Kitty!" Harry gasp, "No, don't!" He pleaded but was two late.

"Excuse me," Kitty said politely, "Your names wouldn't be Hermione and Ron by chance?"

"Um, yes," Ron said nervously, "do we know you?" he asked as he and Hermione parted, looking at the stranger.

Kitty answered by slapping them both hard across the faces, silencing the dance.

"Wha?" Ron gasped, "Who the bloody hell are you?"

"I'm Harry's friend," Kitty shot, "what you two were supposed to be!"

"That's my boyfriend you're talking to!" Hermione growled attempting to slap Kitty back, but her hand passed right through, earning gasps from all around.

"Don't push it little girl," Kitty growled, "I really want a reason to kick your butt too."

"You jerk!" Kitty growled, glaring at Ron, "He thinks of you as a brother, I've just known him a few months and I could see that, you WERE his best friend. Best friends don't throw away their friendship because their friend is a little different. Best friends just don't do that."

"Come on, Kitty," Harry said gripping her arms, "I think we need some air," he whispered hoping to prevent a massive fight.

"No Harry, I need to claw their freaking ungrateful eyes out," she yelled, as Harry pulled her away, thankful she was mad enough to forget how to work her mutant power, "let me go, Harry Potter, I said let me go!"

"Well I never … honestly," Hermione complained rubbing her cheek, "Ron? What do you say we go up to the dorms, no one's there, and we can … kiss each other better," she said with a sultry smile.

"Best friends … just don't … do that …" Ron said in a daze, rubbing his cheek, and completely ignoring her, "don't … do that …"

--

"Why did you stop me, Harry?" Kitty pouted, as Harry lead her outside the castle.

"Because, I don't want to be kicked out of school with one year left," Harry sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Are you ok?" She asked, concerned.

"Yeah …" Harry said rubbing his scar, "just a little head ache."

"Sorry …" Kitty whispered sheepishly, "so … where are we going?"

"Just want you to meet an old friend of mine." Harry smiled, still rubbing his scar.

--

"Hagrid?" Harry asked walking into the Half Giant's hut.

"Aye, 'arry," Hagrid said walking up, "it's been te long, ah've missed ye, 'arry."

"I've missed you too, Hagrid," Harry smiled.

"N who's this?" he asked smiling at Kitty.

"Oh, Hagrid, this is Kitty," Harry said taking Kitty's hand, "Kitty this is my friend Hagrid. Hagrid, Kitty's my girlfriend." He said earning a blush and a shocked look from Hagrid.

"Ye girlfriend, ye say?" Hagrid said in shock, "Hermione must not be takin' this well, not after all she told me last spring … I should ne told ya that …"

"What-" Harry started but broke off as he gasped in pain and gripped his forehead.

"Harry, Harry? Are you ok?" Kitty asked resting her hands on his shoulders.

"He's … He's coming …" He grunted in pain.

"Who's coming, Harry?" Kitty asked, worry showing on her features.

Harry answered by jumping to his feet and dashing back toward the castle. "Harry! Wait up!" She yelled trying to run after him, but her dress was slowing her down.

--

"What the … oh no…" Harry gasped looking around the corner into the great hall.

"Harry what-" Kitty asked but was silenced by Harry's outreached hand.

"Voldemort …" Harry whispered, glaring at the great number of Deatheaters and easily singling out Lord Voldemort and his lackey Wormtail.

"Potter!" Voldemort hissed, "I know you're here, show yourself!"

"I don't know how you got here without my knowledge, Voldemort," Dumbledore growled, "but you will not harm any students here."

"Crucio," Voldemort hissed as he cast the forbidden curse on the head master.

"Professor!" Harry gasped as he started to run to the room, but gasped as an arm wrapped around him and he found him self suddenly in Professor Xavier's office with Kitty and Kurt.

"Are you ok, Kitty, Harry?" Kurt asked, eye Kitty worriedly.

"What happened?" Harry asked slightly angered.

"Professor Xavier had it arranged for a second portkey made for emergencies," Kurt explained, "Like just then."

"I have to go back!" Harry said as he grabbed his portkey and said the incantation to go back to Hogwarts, but nothing happened.

"Why isn't this working?" Harry panicked.

"It appears that they have blocked the magical ways to Hogwarts," Xavier mused.

"They're all in danger," Harry said standing up quickly, "I have to go back, Voldemort wants me, and he'll hurt them to get to me. I have to save them!"

"Why?" Xavier asked coolly.

"Why what?" Harry cocked his head to the side.

"You said it yourself, Harry, They now fear and hate you. Why save those that hate and fear you?" Xavier asked, "why bother if they don't appreciate it?"

"Why should that matter?" Harry shot back, "If they're ever going to treat us the same and ignore the fact that we're different then we have to show that we're willing to stand up for them, even if they aren't willing to stand up for us."

"Very good, Mage," Xavier said, touching his forehead, "Cyclops, gather the team and ready the X-Jet, code red emergency." He then looked up at Harry and Kitty, "get in uniform, we leave at once."

"Hogwarts is in England, we're in America!" Harry said frustrated, "We'll never make it in time to help anyone!"

"You underestimate our jet," Xavier said with a wink, "get suited up we leave in fifteen minutes.

--

a little over an hour later at Hogwarts …

"Albus," Prof. McGonagall said worriedly helping him to set up, "What are we going to do? There are to many …"

"Stand strong, Minerva," Dumbledore said with weaken breaths, "But something is amiss, I feel as though something is draining my strength …"

"Hang on, Albus, the students need you …" She said before taking lowering her voice to a desperate whisper, "I need you …"

"All will be well, Minerva," Dumbledore comforted, "Harry is on the way with help as we speak …"

"My Lord," Lucius said hiding his face from the students and professors, "Potter is not here."

"Send a few groups to search the school but seal the great hall," Voldemort instructed, "I want no one to escape."

"If Potter is not found, none you will see the light of another day," Voldemort hissed causing a few students to either cry or faint.

Suddenly the very large door of the Great Hall jumped. "What?" Voldemort asked no one as he watched the door jump as if some rabid animal was attacking it.

"That door is one foot thick …" a student whispered watching the door buckle. "What could be doing that?"

then the door jerked again, this time with three shimmering metal objects poked through, and began to slash through it as if it was nothing but hot butter.

A moment later the door was forced open by a great crimson blast. And a group, all clad in black leather, marched in lead by Harry himself. "Sorry to crash the party," Cyclops said, adjusting his visor control.

"Potter," Voldemort hissed, "I'm pleased to see you again. You've grown."

"Leave now, Voldemort," Harry said boldly, "or we'll make you leave."

"Ha! You and your pathetic band?" Voldemort mocked, "You couldn't stop me if you tried."

"Is that a threat, Bub?" Wolverine growled, unsheathing his claws.

"Do I know you?" Voldemort questioned, facing Wolverine, before turning to the Deatheaters, "They are but Muggles, kill them and bring Potter to me breathing."

Voldemort turned to leave then spotted someone in the gathered students, "Ah Potter's friends," He said pointing his wands at Ron and Hermione, "You two, with me."

Ron and Hermione reluctantly went to Voldemort's side, Wormtail smiling brightly at the glare he was receiving from Hermione.

"Hermione! Ron!" Harry cried but two Deatheaters grabbed Harry's shoulders. They then found gloved fists intersecting with their faces.

"X-Men, Attack!" Cyclops ordered, "Gambit, Beast, Rogue, Storm, take the outside perimeter, the rest take care of those inside, be careful around the innocent students and teachers. Make sure you stay in groups of at least two!" He then ducked a spell from a Deatheater. "Nice beam," he said with a smile, "what do you think of mine?" he asked as he fired his optic blast sending the Deatheater through a stone wall.

"You ok, Bub?" Wolverine asked pulling Dumbledore to his feet.

"Yes, young man, I'm-" Dumbledore started but stopped dead upon seeing Wolverine's face. "Merlin's beard…"

"You," Wolverine said addressing Prof. McGonagall, "Get him and these kids to safety, we'll handle these guys."

"Right, of course," Come along children," McGonagall said pulling a dazed Dumbledore and leading the students out the cleared hallway.

"Minerva, did you see his face?" Dumbledore finally asked as Wolverine ran back into the fray.

"Yes, he did seem vaguely familiar," McGonagall replied, tilting her head to the side in confusion.

"Look at his face and think of him clean shaven, with a different hairstyle and glasses …" Dumbledore instructed.

McGonagall thought for a moment, then her eyes went wide, "It … cannot be … he died … fifteen years ago … it can't be!"

--

"How ya holdin' out, Runt?" Wolverine asked taking Harry's back.

"Great, just great," Harry said Telekinetically throwing a Deatheater into another group. "Where's Kitty?" He asked worry in his voice.

"Don't worry, Nightcrawler's with her," Wolverine reassured, diving at a group of Deatheaters, impaling them with his claws, then throwing them into four others.

Harry then spotted Voldemort leading Hermione and Ron through the side door. "Voldemort!" Harry cried running after them.

"Mage, No!" Wolverine called, tried to grab him, but an unlucky Deatheater got in his way. "Blasted kid's gonna be the death of me!"

Wolverine quickly finished off the Deatheaters attacking him and shot after Harry, and found him quickly. "Damn it, Kid, Cyclops said stay in a group of two!" he scolded.

"Since when do you follow his orders to the letter?" Harry smirked, causing Wolverine to work his jaw like a goldfish.

"Do as I say, not as I do, boy!" Wolverine snapped, slapping Harry up side the head. "Lookout!" He barked pushing Harry to the side and blacking a broadsword blade with his claws.

"Lucius Malfoy," Harry spat, glaring at the blonde headed man holding a sword, aimed at Wolverine. "Go after you're friends, I'll handle this joker," Wolverine said unsheathing his other hand's claws.

Harry nodded and ran down the hallway leaving the two alone. "It's been along time, Wolverine," Lucius said, smiling, "what's it been, fifteen years?"

"Are you saying I know you, Bub," Wolverine snarled, taking a step toward the Deatheater.

"If you kill me," Lucius said, "You'll never know about who you really are … or about the son you never knew."

Wolverine stopped dead in his tracks and stared at the smiling Malfoy, "I must admit, Wolverine," Malfoy admitted, "I knew you're healing ability was powerful, but I never knew it could restore your mind from a Dementor's Kiss."

"Who the hell are you?" Wolverine snarled grabbing Malfoy, and bring a fist to his chin and allowing the two outer claws to graze his cheeks, "Tell me who I am … Now."

"Wolverine!" Harry called from down the hallway, "He's sealed the door! We have to get in or he'll kill them!"

"What will it be, Wolverine?" Lucius smiled, "You're new friend, or your past?"

"We will meet again, Bub," Wolverine growled, before following the way Harry went.

"You can count on it …" Lucius smirked, "James."

--

Wolverine found Harry helping a redheaded boy stand, "What happened?"

"He pushed Ron into me, knocking us both down, then sealed the door," Harry explained, pointing to the door.

"I think I can handle this door," Wolverine said, unsheathing his claws, which made Ron faint.

"Oh bloody hell," Harry cursed as he struggled with Ron's weight.

Wolverine made short work of the door and the three, Ron draped over Wolverine's shoulder, made their way into the chamber.

"Mystique?" Wolverine asked sniffing the air, "Why is she of all people here?"

"Crucio!" Voldemort hissed hitting, Wolverine with the curse. The Feral X-Man dropped Ron with a thud, and fell to his knees. "Now it's just the three of us, Potter," Voldemort chuckled pulling Hermione with him.

"What are you going to do now?" Voldemort asked gripping Hermione's arm, keeping her in front of him. "are you going to risk your friend's life to get me?"

"This is between you and me, Voldemort," Harry said coolly, "She has nothing to do with it."

The dark lord looked down at the girl, then back at Harry. "So be it," he said shoving the girl away, "If you wish to die first, I won't-" he started but, was cut off as Harry kicked him hard in the chest.

Harry followed up the attack by slugging the dark lord right in the face. "That was for my parents," Harry growled, glaring at the fallen Voldemort.

"You'll have to do better then that, Potter," Voldemort hissed, standing back to his feet, his hood dropped backwards revealing his face.

"My God …" Harry gasped staring at Voldemort's features. his face was very much snakelike, but what drew his attention was the three long scars crossing his face.

"Do these impress you, Potter?" Voldemort asked, flashing his almost glowing red eyes, "One can never be rid of their death marks."

In his daze, Harry was unable to prevent Voldemort from magically jerking the wand from his holster at his side, "Only fools and children allow their defenses to drop so easily, Potter," Voldemort laughed, pointing Harry's own wand at him, "You're mistake will cost you your life."

"I don't think so, Bub," Voldemort heard as an adamantium claw came down on his wrist severing the hand holding Harry's wand. Wolverine reach down and pulled the wand from the severed hand, and tossed it to the surprised Harry.

"How? How are you standing after the Crucio?" Voldemort gasped holding his bleeding limb.

"That was what that was called?" Wolverine snarled, "sure that hurt like hell, but all you really pulled off was pissin' me off."

Wolverine then glanced over at Harry, the still out Ron, and the nervous looking Hermione, "Get them out of here, Mage," Wolverine whispered dangerously, "None of ya need to see what I'm about to do."

Harry started to argue, but Wolverine gave him a look that would stop a speeding train. Harry then pulled one of Ron's arms over his shoulder, and took Hermione's hand leading them out of the room.

"Logan," Harry said before leaving, "Be careful." Wolverine gave Harry a nod. Harry as close to being satisfied with the situation as he could get, lead Hermione out of the room.

Wolverine turned toward the still shocked Voldemort, "Ok, Bub, let's dance."

--

"Umm where are we, Kitten?" Nightcrawler asked as the two wondered the halls of Hogwarts.

"What makes you think I know?" Shadowcat responded angrily, "HARRY!" She called into the dark halls, "WHERE ARE YOU??"

"That helped," Nightcrawler smirked.

"Oh hush," Shadowcat scolded looking around.

"Crucio," a voice called as a beam hit Kitty in the side, causing her to cry out in pain. "Pathetic Mutants," Lucius Malfoy snorted walking toward Nightcrawler and the doubled over Shadowcat.

"KITTY!" Nightcrawler cried, running over and trying to comfort her. "What did you do to her?" Nightcrawler growled glaring at the smiling Malfoy.

"Oh just a little spell that makes every fiber of their being feel the same pain as if they are on fire," Malfoy explained, "Now, would you like to wait for me to finish her off, or do you want to go first?"

Nightcrawler looked down at Kitty, and his heart ached at her face contorted in pain, and tears running down her cheeks from the intense pain. He glanced up at the amused looking Deatheater. "I'll be right back, Kitten," Nightcrawler whispered, as he gently kissed her cheek, "I'll get him for hurting you."

The blue furry X-Man stood to his feet, and drew his sword from its sheath on his back. "An Guard," Nightcrawler growled as he teleported right in front of Malfoy, and the clashing of swords began.

Seemed like no matter how many times Nightcrawler would teleport, Malfoy always countered his attacks. "You're very good, blue one," Malfoy complemented slashing at the X-Man.

"Thank you," Nightcrawler replied, repelling his attack, "You are not too bad, yourself."

"You're good," Malfoy said as he finally got past Nightcrawler's defenses and slashed deep across his chest, "But not good enough," He then reared back, and plunged his broadsword deep through Kurt's chest and out his back, "Goodbye, Mutant."

"It's … not finished …" Nightcrawler whispered, the blood coming from his lip shined bright on his blue chin.

"What can you do?" Malfoy sneered, "Don't worry, I'll send the girl after you shortly."

"No … you … are going …" Nightcrawler started, before disappearing in a puff of sulfur smoke, reappearing right behind Malfoy. "to sleep!" He growled as he brought the hilt of his sword to the back of Malfoy's neck, knocking him out. Malfoy hit the ground with a sickening thud, and Nightcrawler stood unsteadily for a moment before he fell face-first as well.

"Kit…Kitten …" Nightcrawler whispered, before he closed his eyes with a sigh.

--

Harry and Hermione moved as quickly as they could through the halls with Ron's arms draped over both their shoulders.

"Marvelous," Hermione sighed, as they came to a locked door.

"Care to open it, Hermione?" Harry asked, "I might drop Ron if I reach for my wand."

"Uh sure," Hermione said taking her wand in her left hand, "Alohomoria!" She said as she pointed her wand at the lock.

"That's Alohomora, Hermione," Harry said suspiciously.

"Oh of course, what am I thinking?" she said, before trying it again, this time successfully.

'Something's not right,' Harry thought looking at Hermione, 'Hermione is not one to forget spells even in life threatening situations, and why is she holding her wand with her left hand? I've known since first year she's right handed. Something's not right at all.'

"Hermione," Harry spoke up, "He's getting heavy, what do you say we take a break. It looks semi-safe here."

"I thought you'd never say that!" Hermione sighed as they lowered Ron down gently.

'One way to find out …' Harry thought, "Hey Hermione," Harry spoke up, "This reminds me of how we first became friends first year. Do you remember that?"

"How could I forget, Harry?" Hermione said with a sweat smile.

"Yeah, I'll never forget how you and Ron saved me from that Troll in the Lavatory," Harry said with a bright smile, "I thought you and Ron would never be friends with me."

"Yeah," Hermione said enthusiastically, "You looked so scared when we found you!" she started to laugh, but her laughter was cut short as Harry jerked her up by her collar and slammed her against the wall.

"What have you done with Hermione?" Harry snarled, "where is she?"

"Harry, what are you talking about?" Hermione asked innocently, "I'm right here,"

"No, I know you are definitely not my Hermione," Harry growled, "Hermione remembers spells and charms even better in intense situations, while you just screwed up one of the earliest one she learned. Hermione always uses her wand with her right hand, while you used yours with your left. And ME and Ron rescued HERMIONE from the Troll in first year, not HERMIONE and Ron rescuing me!"

"Harry … I'm just nervous …" She said bringing her hand to rest on Harry's cheek, "I was so scared when Voldemort showed with his Deatheaters, and I thank you for coming to my rescue …" she whispered moving her face closer to his, "I know you've always wanted this Harry …"

"But, Hermione," Harry whispered, "what about my fame, will me being the Boy Who Lived get in the way?"

"Your fame's just an added plus," Hermione purred moving closer to kiss him.

Harry immediately pulled away, not enough to unpin her, but enough to keep her from kissing him, "I don't know who you are," Harry shot, "but you are NOT Hermione! Hermione has always been there weather I was famous or not, you just blew it."

"Oh … ok," She shrugged then kneed him right between the legs.

Harry slumped down to the ground and rolled into a ball, only to be kicked over by her. "You're right, X-Man, I'm not Hermione, but you know what? I'm the closest thing to Hermione you're ever going to see again." She smirked before kicking him again.

"You know what … who ever you are …" Harry grunted, "You really need … to watch your back …"

"Watch my-" she started but was finished by Ron hitting her with an ax handle chop to the back of the head, causing her to stumble to the floor morphing back to her natural blue scaly skinned self.

Ron's eyes went wide, "Harry? Has … she been like this for a while … you think?" he asked, earning a nod from the gasping Harry.

"I … was … I was… I was shagging … oh god …" he then to accio a trashcan.

"Ron, you ok? Harry asked, as Ron gasped and gagged into the trashcan.

"She … she has … SCALES!" he gasped before going into another gagging fit.

"Mobilicorpus," Harry said casting the spell to tie the mock-Hermione up with invisible strings. Then slumped down beside Ron, "bloody hell that hurt!"

"At least you didn't find out you've been shagging a bloody lizard …" Ron gulped.

"at least you think you'll be able to shag again," Harry said in a slightly higher pitched voice, "bloody … I think they hit my ribcage…"

"I don't know if I'll be able to again after finding out … ugh …" Ron gagged.

"Harry?" Ron said quietly.

"Yes Ron,"

"Sorry," Ron said leaning back against the wall, "I don't know about the whole mutant thing, but damn it, Harry, you're as much a brother to me as Fred and George! Is there any way to, I don't know, forget about the crap I said when you told us you're a mutant?"

Harry gave Ron a smile, "What crap are you talking about?" the two then hugged one another, "But Ron, that punch you're gonna have to repay me with a lot of chocolate before that can be forgotten."

"Oh gag me!" Mystique rolled her eyes, "That's so sweet, I think I've gotten some cavities."

"Now, blue girl" Harry said, glaring at Mystique, "Where's Hermione?"

"Ok I'll talk," She sighed closing her eyes, "On second thought … screw you, idiots! Thanks for the fun, Ron, I had a great time with you," She said with a wink before changing into a raven and flying quickly toward the exit.

"DAMN!" The both yelled in unison running after her.

"Where'd she go?" Ron asked, looking around the wide-open central chamber of the castle.

Harry dropped to his knees, "damn it! Without her … we'll never find Hermione!"

"Relax, Harry," Wolverine said leaning against the wall behind them, "We'll find her, so calm down."

"My god, Logan," Harry gasped looking at Wolverine's shredded uniform, "you look like hell."

"Thanks, Mage," Wolverine sighed, "That means the world to me."

"What happened to Voldemort?" Harry asked, narrowing his eyes.

"He's alive," Wolverine said, lighting up a cigar, "barely, he'd be less then that if not for some freak with a silver hand who jumped in and the two disappeared before I could finish him off."

"Good," Harry said looking away, "When it's time to finish him, I want to be the one to do it." He said in a tone that made a chill run up even Wolverine's spine.

"Come on, Mage, Red," Wolverine said, turning back to the hallway, "Lets find the others."

--

"Oh my head …" Shadowcat complained rubbing her forehead, "Nightcrawler, what happened?"

Nightcrawler?" she asked looking around and saw Malfoy laid out, "Kurt?" she asked again finally spotting him, laying in a pool of his own blood, "KURT!!!" She cried leaping to his side.

"Kurt! No!" She cried, tears forming in her eyes as she pulled his body into her lap, "Kurt, wake up!"

Kurt slowly opened his eyes, and Kitty's heart broke at his weak yellow gaze. "K-Kitten?" he asked hoarsely.

"I'm here," she whispered, gripping his hand.

"Kitty …" He said, then going into a coughing fit.

"don't talk," She whispered, stroking his cheek, "please, just save your strength till we can get help."

"Kitty … thank … thank you …" He said between painful gasps, "thank you … for … for being … my friend …" he whispered, slowly closing his eyes.

"Kurt, don't, don't you dare do this to me!" Kitty pleaded shaking, "Don't you dare leave me! Kurt!"

She then looked down the hallways, "SOMEONE HELP! PLEASE!"

"Kitty! Kurt!" Harry called running toward them, "What happened?"

"I don't know, but Kurt … oh god," Kitty sobbed, still squeezing his hand.

"this is bad …" Logan said looking over Kurt's stab wounds.

Harry then looked up at Logan, "I have an idea … but you have to trust me …"

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: I love cliffhangers, don't you? /laughs evilly/ mores on the way ^^ thanks goes to Xavien1101 and Fusionblaster for Beta Reading for me, and thanks everyone for reading. Thanks guys!

Next Chapter: The Search for Hermione