Unofficial Portkey Archive

11 Things Spouses Shouldn't Do by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

11 Things Spouses Shouldn't Do

theweirdgirl

3. Don't deliberately try to get them jealous, especially if they're possessive or overprotective.

­Ginny & Draco

(Ginny's note: This dates back to the time of Hogwarts. Before I married that thing.)

(Draco's note: Bad memories. Bad memories. Bad memories.)

"I'm not going to the dance. Deal with it."

"Fine, Draco Malfoy. I'll find myself another bloody dance partner who would be glad to be my date."

"Gin-"

"Don't Gin me! I'm not happy with you at the moment so kindly bugger off."

She stormed away in a huff. Draco wondered if he could have handled that situation any worse. He thought not.

* * * * * * * * * *

"It's just a bloody dance, mate. If you ever do them this one small pleasure, they'll love you forever," Blaise said knowledgeably.

"But you know I hate dancing."

"You don't have to dance."

"Then what's the point of going?"

"To make your girl happy."

"She is happy. Most of the time, anyway."

"She's not happy with you. I do wonder how you'll get out of this one, though."

"Blast."

* * * * * * * * * *

"Will you go to the dance with me?"

"Of course!"

"Thanks so much, Seamus. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"But aren't you still dating Malfoy?"

Ginny growled at this.

"Yes, but he refuses to take me."

"I would never refuse you of anything. Especially something so asinine. I would be honored to be your date and show you off."

Ginny giggled girlishly.

"How about I take you out before the dance to a little place near the Tea Shoppe? I hear that it's grand."

"That would be lovely."

"Great! I'll meet you in the commons at five so we can make it to dinner by six and be back by 8, when the dance starts."

"Sounds great."

* * * * * * * * * *

"Gin-bug. I'm s-. I'm sor-. Bugger. I'm s-SORRY. May I please have the pleasure of taking you to the dance?"

"No."

"What? I thought you wanted to go."

"I am going. Just not with you."

"Then who the bloody hell are you going with?"

"Seamus."

"You're my girl. Not that wanker's."

"I know. But he agreed to attend with me. He's even taking me out to dinner. Something you never do."

"But Gin!" Draco whined.

"Oh, shove it. Find yourself another date."

"Fine. I will."

* * * * * * * * * *

"Of course I will, Drakie! I thought you'd never ask!"

"I wouldn't have if my girlfriend didn't turn me down, yeah?"

"You're still going out with that blood traitor?"

"I don't want to see you again until the dance. There are some ground rules however. No touching me. No talking to me. No breathing on me. Got it? Good."

"But-"

"Uh-uh. What did I say?"

Pansy nodded her head forlornly.

"Now go on your way. Scram."

She skittered up into the girls' dormitory, probably to brag to the rest of the girls how he asked her out to the dance. What was he doing?

* * * * * * * * * *

"This is amazing, Seamus. How did you ever find this?"

"Me da brought me here when I was a wee tot. He told me that it'd be a good place to take me girl one day."

"Seamus, I'm not trying to lead you on. You know I'm dating Draco and I'm still in love with him, despite his selfishness."

"I know. I'll be the perfect gentleman."

And a perfect gentleman he was. He pulled out the seat for her and everything. They had a polite conversation about Quidditch practice. It was all in all, the perfect evening.

"Oh! I think we should get back to Hogwarts."

Ginny glanced at the time. It was 8:07.

"Wow. Time really flew by quick, eh?"

"That's what happens when you enjoy someone's company."

Ginny smiled wanly.

"Let's get going. Wouldn't want to miss out on the first dance."

"Of course not."

* * * * * * * * * *

"Where the bloody hell is she?"

"Dra-"

"Shove it, Pansy. We made the ground rules. You are not to speak to me unless you're dying."

She huffed in annoyance. Ten minutes later, a ruffled looking Ginny and Finnegan came rushing through the doors. Draco's mind had an idea or two about what they had been doing. His molten eyes blazed with fury.

"Get over here, Pansy."

She obeyed and jumped toward him eagerly like a puppy wanting to be petted. How pathetic.

"Arms around my waist."

She did so. He grabbed her face and kissed her forcefully, Pansy reciprocating in gesture. She tasted of ale and make-up. Disgusting.

Draco broke away from the kiss, glancing at Ginny. She was still giggling with the Finnegan prat. She hadn't even seen him. Ron and Harry had walked over to them, patting Seamus on the back. Draco could just imagine what they had to say.

"Congratulations on getting my little sister to finally break up with Malfoy. Welcome to the family."

Draco's eyes narrowed into slits. He wouldn't take this sitting down.

* * * * * * * * * *

Seamus was so polite, kind and sweet. What a shame she couldn't fall for him instead. The only problem was that he was so boring. Harry and Ron had come over to congratulate Seamus on the Quidditch game from yesterday.

"Would you like to dance?"

"I'd love to, Seamus."

He led her out onto the dance floor. He spun her around and she genuinely had fun with him. She caught Draco glaring holes into his head a few times. Seamus leaned over to reach her ear.

"So… why are you still dating that Malfoy wanker?"

"Because I'm in love with him."

"I see. Well, he's just a no good doer, that boy."

"Whatever you say."

She had learned to disregard everything that people said about him. She loved him and no one could deny that. They tried to break her spirit, but it wasn't working. Once, she questioned how her life would be without him. She didn't like it one bit.

"Get off of her, Finnegan."

"Why should I? She's my date."

Draco's lip began to twitch in fury.

"She's my girlfriend."

"You're the one who refused her in the first place, Malfoy, so don't put the blame on me. I'm just trying to show her a good time when you won't."

"You-"

"Stop! Let's just talk this over civilly."

"Absolutely not! Just so you can go break it off with me to be with him?"

"I-"

"I know what your brother was doing with Potter. They were congratulating him on getting you into his arms. I won't take any of it."

Ginny was grinning on the inside of her cheek, even though she was getting annoyed of his rant.

"You're the one who kissed Parkinson, Malfoy," Seamus retorted.

That stopped Ginny in her tracks. Her eyes widened into saucers. Seamus turned to her.

"You know that I would never do anything like that to you. I hope you reconsider dating me."

With that, he walked off. After a brief pause, she broke the silence.

"Is this true?" Ginny whispered.

"It wasn't like that. I-"

"I said," she spoke louder. "Is this true?"

"Yes, but-"

"No buts. We're through."

"NO! Gin! You've got to listen to me."

Tears were forming in her eyes as she shook her head and ran off. Draco swallowed his pride and ran after her. He couldn't, wouldn't, lose her. Not like this.

"Ginny!"

"Sod off!" she called out over her shoulder when they had reached an empty corridor.

"Please just listen!"

She stopped dead and spun around angrily.

"What? Listen to your little stories and forgive you? It's not that easy. You told me that it was over between you two, but you lied to me!"

She pounded his chest as hard as she could. He held her even closer, whispering sweet nothings in her ear to calm her down.

"I only kissed her because you came in all ruffled."

"That's because we had to run through the school so we wouldn't miss the first dance."

"I'm so sorry, Gin. But the way he touched you, looked at you…"

Draco's eyes glazed over.

"But I love you. Not him."

"I know… I'm sorry…"

"Sometimes, sorry isn't enough."

He looked down at her bright cheeks and bloodshot eyes. He couldn't believe that he was the one who caused her to hurt.

"What are you saying?" he said angrily.

"I trusted you."

"And now?"

"I'm not sure…"

"I'll make it up to you, Gin. I swear on my grave, I will. I- I love you."

She stared at him with astonishment. He had never spoken those words to her.

* * * * * * * * * *

DM: That was the most frightening part of our relationship.

*Ginny shudders*

GW: I hope I never feel like that again.

DM: I love you.

GW: I love you, too.


-->