Unofficial Portkey Archive

11 Things Spouses Shouldn't Do by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

11 Things Spouses Shouldn't Do

theweirdgirl

5. Don't go through their things.

Ginny

(Hogwarts)

Ginny snuck down the corridor that led to Draco's Head Boy room. He had warned her that his Head Boy duties might make him run late and for her to make herself comfortable.

"Frog legs," she whispered to the portrait.

It immediately opened up for her.

"Welcome back, Miss Weasley," the knight smirked.

"Thank you, Sir Rannulf."

For a few minutes, she felt content to just lie on his bed, inhaling his scent. But that got boring quickly. She decided to go snooping around to see what her boyfriend of seven months was like when he wasn't with her. First and foremost, she checked his drawers. Mainly clothes and a few cigarettes and those collectable knives. Next, she checked his closet. On top were a couple of cardboard boxes. She pulled one of them down that was labeled `CFC'. She pulled it open. There were hundreds upon hundreds of chocolate frog trading cards. Merlin, he was just like her brother.

She pulled down another box. This was labeled `Candies'. She opened the box and shifted through the abundance of muggle chocolate. She put this box to the side, wanting to munch on something sweet as she played detective.

She yanked down the next one. It just had a label of `CBC'. She opened it and was surprised to see a collection of muggle comic books. It ranged from someone named Spiderman to Mighty Mouse. She snickered at his penchant of muggle things.

There was only one box left. She wondered what it was before hauling it down. This one wasn't labeled, but it was heavy. She slowly peeled back the top cover before her eyes widened into twice their normal size. It was a pornography collection. She shifted through them. Not all of them were Play wizards. Some of them had foreign titles. Some were Hustler, Playboy, and there were a few other ones. They had such obscene titles. So this is what he did during his spare time.

"Having fun?" an amused voice drawled.

She stood up abruptly, getting lightheaded. It was stupid of her to get caught. She should've charmed the door to ring…

"I- Well… It's not what it looks like."

"What it looks like is that you were going through my things."

"Okay, fine. It is what it looks like. Why do you have such a big porno stash? Aren't I enough?"

"Darling, I'm a man. Men have their needs. Like when you're in the bathroom, it's not like I can fuck you."

"But it takes all of two minutes."

"Two minutes too long."

"You're repulsive."

"As are most other men. You'll just have to learn to deal with it."

"Bugger."

Draco

(Post-Hogwarts)

"Gin-bug! Where'd you put my old broom?"

"It's in the closet next to my school books and uniform."

"Thank you!"

He shuffled through the hanging clothes until he could see the boxes of her old stuff. They had dozens upon dozens of Weasley sweaters stuffed somewhere back here. There it was in all its glory. His old Nimbus 2004. He picked it up and something fell onto the floor. It was green. It was a small envelope. It wasn't from him, addressed to him or even ever seen by him. He wondered…

His pliant fingers pulled open the seal and pulled out a sheet of paper. It seemed as if it were a love letter. He glanced down at the signature. Potter. What the bloody hell was Potter sending his wife letters for? Didn't he have his own? He glanced up at the date. Oh. It was from school. But why would she still have it?

Dear Gin,

I'm sorry for not being there for you for all those years. You say that you understand, but I know that you're hurting. I never wanted it to be this way. I promise you now, however, that everything will change. I hope you'll forgive me.

Love,

Harry

Draco wasn't mad. He was outraged. He clutched the letter with one hand and his broom in the other. She must be confronted about this abominable behavior.

He stomped downstairs to where Ginny was in the living room, sipping tea and watching the telly. She grinned up at him with radiance.

"So you found it?"

"Yes. That and more. What the hell is this?"

"It's a letter. Why are you going through my things?"

"Because we're married and I have the right to."

"Marriage doesn't give you the right to my privacy, Draco."

"Yes it does. Now stop avoiding the question and tell me. Why do you still have a letter from Potter?"

"You read it too, I suppose."

"Of course."

"You're not supposed to admit such things, darling. It gets you into trouble."

"It doesn't matter to me at the moment."

"He wrote me that letter to apologize for not being able to help me with two occurrences: first, the chamber of secrets and second, the whole Umbridge fiasco. He was just glad that I could bat-bogey hex you," she smirked cheekily.

"So you two never had some secret rendezvous, right?"

"With Harry? No. Never."

"Good."

"You're not sleeping in my bed for the next month, by the way."

"And why the bloody hell not."

"I told you. You can't do such things and admit them without being punished. Now run along. I need to go iron."


-->