Unofficial Portkey Archive

HPX2: Harry Potter & The Secrets of Weapon X by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

HPX2: Harry Potter & The Secrets of Weapon X

Classic Cowboy

A/N I fixed that second to last scene a little, I know it was hard to read, because most of the italics didn't work, but I marked them better so it should read easier this time ^^

The Flower and the Wolverine part 4: Star-Crossed Love

James sat rubbing his face in Dumbledore's office. Almost as soon as James walked Lily back to her room, Professor Dumbledore appeared and almost literally dragged him to his office.

"Do not worry, your secret is still safe, my young friend," Dumbledore said reassuringly, "I cast a memory charm on all those in who had witnessed the event, with the exception of Ms. Evans, Mr. Lupin, and Mr. Black, whom mostly already know of your little secret of course."

"How … did he learn magic?" James asked, looking up with intensity, "I'm sure you know our history … you know every goddamn thing else!"

"Yes, Mr. Howlett, I do in fact know your history, and his history," Dumbledore said, "I know how you and he were at one time part of a triangle of friends, yourself, the orphan girl Rose, and 'Dog' Logan. I know not the reason but around the time you first discovered you miraculous gift the bottom fell out of trinity of friendship, your father died, and your mother ran you from home. You escaped with Rose to the upper settlements of Canada where you grew up, and assumed you were growing closer to Rose. Then one day Rose came to you telling you that Harry 'Smitty' Potter proposed to her to marriage, and she accepted. The next time you saw Rose was when Dog returned to your life and in a fight to the death, she jumped in trying to protect you, and she died by your own claws. Her dieing breath was 'I should have told you …' and with the final note you read over the summer from the girl, you realized she returned your love. Is that not correct?"

"You scare me sometimes, Al," James forced a joke to hide the tears that were quickly coming to his eyes. He shook his head to clear it before speaking up, "That doesn't tell me why he's here, why he knows magic, or why he hasn't aged a day."

"He's a mutant, not unlike you, his healing ability is so enhanced he cannot age," Dumbledore explained, "When I found him, I sensed a great power in him, a great potential. Despite his dark tendencies I thought I could change him. I gave him a new start, a new history, a new name. Thomas Marvo Riddle. I thought he would … come around with the caring and compassion myself and the others here at Hogwarts gave. I was … mistaken. He graduated not long ago, and began building his forces. He wanted power; he still wants power. He formed a group of Wizards and Witches who agree with his ideals of a world where only pure and strong have full control. They call themselves Deatheaters and he calls himself now the Dark Lord Voldemort."

"Let me try to understand this …" James sighed, "You understood he was crazy? You knew the monster he was? But you STILL taught that guy Magic? Are you nut?"

"I do regret the lack of … sense on the past situation, but there is more," Dumbledore sighed, "You see, I have learned Riddle has placed a curse on himself, he cannot die except by the hands of one who is the same but the opposite of him. That is why I brought you here."

"So you want me to stop him?" James asked narrowing his eyes.

"If the Order of the Phoenix can't, yes," Dumbledore nodded.

"Order of the what?"

"A special task force of Wizards, Witches and Aurors, gathered for the sole purpose of stopping Voldemort and his Deatheaters."

"That's good, Al," James sneered, "Where were they when they snuck in to Hogwarts by the train."

"We were … caught by surprise by the attack," Dumbledore said, looking downward in shame, "But the injuries you gave him, his healing factor isn't as developed as yours, and will take time to heal. You have bought us time to prepare."

"Whatever … I'm back to my room." James said standing up. "Al, you said we are the same but opposite, I know we have similar history, but what makes us opposite?"

"Ms. Evans." Dumbledore smiled at his student's blush. "We must lay low for now, the Ministry of Magic hasn't sanctioned the Order, but we will be having a meeting again in a few months, I would like you to join us."

"We'll cross that bridge later, Al," James said walking toward the exit.

"Congratulations on your and Ms. Evans' new relationship," Dumbledore smiled as James stopped in his tracks. "Just do not hurt her, or I will be forced to hex the Wolverine out of you."

X-X-X-X-X-X

The first half of the year went smoothly without a single sign of Voldemort or Deatheaters, and James and Lily made good use of the peace to get to know one another even more then before.

"Awe wouldn't you look at this, Lupin?" Sirius chuckled walking into the Gryffindor Commons room.

"Looks like Lily gave James his Christmas present two nights early," Lupin snickered, finally causing James to open his heavy eyelids.

"What do you two losers want now?" James yawned, tightening his grip on the sleeping girl using his chest as a pillow.

"Absolutely no modesty whatsoever," Sirius said taking a seat in one of the chairs near the Christmas tree, crossing a leg over his knee, "Shagging in the middle of the commons room! Just because your nickname's is based on an animal doesn't mean you should go about mating rituals like an animal."

"Least I've gone through with mating rituals, unlike you two cherries," James grinned.

"Shuddup," Lily mumbled in James chest, "Sleeping. Go away."

"Hey, I'm not the big V of the group," Lupin threw up his hands, making Sirius turn even redder.

Lily finally glanced up, "Don't listen to the muscle-head, boys," she said, propping up on her elbows letting them see she was in fact fully clothed, "He only gets lucky on certain occasions when he's been good, and you know how often that is." She said with a teasing wink to her boyfriend.

"Well, I have to pack," James said standing up, "Dumbledore said to be ready to go by nine, so that gives me an hour to get ready to role."

He quickly got to his feet and walked up the stairs toward the Boys' Dorms.

"Has he said where the Professor is taking him yet, Lily?" Sirius asked as she got to her feet as well, adjusting her nightshirt.

"No, the Musclehead kept saying he'd tell me later," Lily growled, "But you know what, I'm going to find out here, and now. See you boys at breakfast." Lily said stomping up following James' trail.

X-X-X-X-X

James pushed a few changes of cloths and his toothbrush in his duffle bag and turned to walk toward the door, when he was suddenly pounced on. "What the?" James gasped, but ended up just getting a wad of ginger hair down his throat. "You're getting better at the stealthy stuff, Bookworm," he said looking up into the girl's green eyes as she raised slightly off him.

"I had a good teacher, Musclehead," Lily returned with a smile. "So are you going to tell me where we're going?" she asked making sure James had a clear view down to get the truth out of him easier.

"We're going nowhere," James said, being extra careful to only look in her eyes, "I'm going with Al."

"Where?" Lily chimed childishly.

"Can't tell ya, Darlin," James kissed her nose.

"But, you said you'd spend Christmas with me," She whined with a forced sniffle.

"I will, we're just going to be gone a day," James smiled, hugging the girl.

"But I'll miss you," She said kissing his cheek, "At least tell me where you're going to go. So I won't worry."

"I'm going somewhere," James said smuggling letting his fingers travel down her side.

"Where's somewhere?" Lily asked, "Please tell me, I really want … wanna … wanna… you can't dodge my questions by doing that …" Lily moaned letting her eyes droop slightly.

"I'm not trying to dodge anything," James said with a smile, but was answered only by her breathing getting heavier and heavier.

"Y-You … said you … have an h … hour?" Lily asked between moans.

Yup," James smiled, not letting up of his work.

"Good, more then enough time," Lily stated, before kissing him deeply.

X-X-X-X-X

A/N: Get a great big nothing if you can name the anime I got the end of that scene from

X-X-X-X-X

"Do forgive our tardiness," Professor Dumbledore said walking into the safe house, "Young Mr. Potter … overslept." The aged Professor said, giving the blushing James a look.

"He the weapon to use?" a man said coldly from a round table in the center of the room.

"He is a boy, Arthur, not a weapon," Dumbledore corrected.

"He's a mutant, Albus, they are good only for weapons and lab rats," Arthur said crossing his arms.

"You wanna say something, Bub, say it to my face," James said, narrowing his eyes.

"That's enough, both of you," Dumbledore said, stepping between the two.

"Our numbers are still growing, but the members present are from my right around the table, Mad-Eye Moody, Mr. and Mrs. Longbottom, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and their son Creed." They all bowed, but the tall redheaded boy walked up to James and looked down on him with a fangy grin.

"Haven't I seen you around school?" James gave a smirk.

"Yeah, does your girlfriend know you're a freak?" Creed asked, "She's too pretty to like one of our kind."

"You got a problem, Bub?" James snarled.

"Yeah, I got a problem with you, Runt," Creed growled. "How much you paying for her? No way she'd willingly be with a freak like you."

"Creed, that's enough!" Arthur Weasley scolded his eldest son, "Come back here, now."

The longhaired Weasley simply growled, his eyes not leaving James'.

"Do you want me to deny your numbing spell on your next treatment?"

Creed back stepped slightly before returning to his father's side.

"Ok, what have you to report?" Dumbledore said as he and James took the two remaining seats.

"So far, Riddle is incredibly quiet, Potter really screwed him up looks like," Moody stated, "Not sure what he's up to.

"Indeed," Dumbledore stated, "I've already raised multiple barriers and a new train station that's farther away from the castle is nearing completion. They will have to find another way before they sneak in again."

"Project Weapon X is going well," Arthur stated proudly.

"I thought I told you that was a horrid idea, Arthur," Dumbledore said disappointedly.

"You did, Albus, but the Minister of Magic likes the idea," Arthur stated. "The Ministry is giving me all the funding I could ever want."

"That's torture!" Dumbledore said outraged.

"It's … just mutants," Arthur shrugged, before looking at his son who was staring at James. "Besides, Creed seems to be enjoying the treatments. Isn't that right, son?" Creed answered him with a growl.

"What is this Project Weapon X?" James asked Dumbledore.

The elder professor leaned toward James. "It's a project Mr. Weasley came up with amplifying Mutants gifts and turning them into types of Anti-Deatheater weapons."

James nodded in understanding before they turned back to the meeting. It was all rather dull for him, but he still listened carefully to see what his old friend Dog was up to.

But as it went on for hours and hours of debating, he was finally shaken away by Dumbledore, "Huh, is it over?" James said sleepily.

"Yeah, come on, Son," Dumbledore smiled, "We have a long train ride back to Hogwarts."

James yawned and stretched. Then he got to his feet and followed Dumbledore out the door, stopping only to return the glare from Creed for a moment, then finally following the Professor out.

X-X-X-X-X

The train ride was long but time did pass quickly as James and Dumbledore talked about 'the old days'.

As the train pulled into the station, the two walked out of the train car laughing.

"So you knew him THAT well?" Dumbledore asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Al, I could tell you the polish he used for his shield," James laughed.

"So?" Dumbledore asked as they climbed into a waiting horseless carriage.

"So what?" James blinked.

"What polish?"

"Steve liked to get the cheap turtle wax knock off actually," James shrugged, earning a laugh from the old Professor.

The two continued to the castle talking and laughing, but as soon as they walked into the castle the sight stopped them dead in their tracks.

Professor McGonagall sat on a bench with Lily crying in her arms violently.

"Minerva, what's happened?" Dumbledore asked as James moved quickly to Lily's side.

"Vo … He Who Must Not Be Named has struck." McGonagall stated sadly. "South Hashburg, Wales. Ms. Evans home, only three survivors, out of a population of three thousand."

Lily left McGonagall quickly and latched on to James, who held her back just as tightly. "It'll be ok, Lil," James said stroking the trembling girl's back, "I'll make him pay for what he's done, I promise."

X-X-X-X-X

James stood by Lily as a priest spoke kind words about the people who were slaughtered. After the closing prayer Lily along with James approached two of the three survivors. Petunia Evans and Vernon Dursley.

"Petunia … I just wanted to say …" Lily started, but Petunia cut her off.

"Shut up! This is your fault!" Petunia shouted. "You and your kind are freaks and monsters and should be wiped off the face of the earth! You and your little boyfriend there were probably part of the group that did this! I wouldn't put it past you! I hate you and never want to see you again!"

"Pet, you can't mean that …" Lily whimpered.

"Hey, she's your sister!" James spoke up stepping up to the girl, but stepped back when Vernon slugged him in the face. Then drew a gun on Lily.

"This is for my Mum and Dad! And Petunia's Mum and Dad!" Vernon shouted.

'SNIKT'

Vernon cried out as three sharp blades cut the back side of his fist, making him drop the gun, then gulped as two sharp bone claws pressed against both sides of his face and a nother poked at his chubby chin. "Listen, Bub, Lily's the most kind and loving person God ever put on this world, and if I EVER hear either of you accusing her of any wrong doing on this scale I swear they'll be burying you in buckets. She don't need you, she wants to comfort you and be there for you and maybe you return the gesture, but I see now you've got your head too far up your own arse to see that your sister loves you."

James then retracted his claws and took the heartbroken Lily's hand, "Come on, Love, lets go home," with that he led her away from the two stunned and angry teenagers.

X-X-X-X-X

James and Lily sat in silence for much of the train ride back to Hogwarts. Around half way there though, Lily finally broke the silence, "I guess … I'm all alone now."

"Oh now that's rich," James snorted, "I've heard some bull shit come from those lips before but that takes the cake, Darlin. And you know it!"

Lily narrowed her eyes, before slapping the taste from James' mouth, "Now there's the Bookworm I know and love!"

Seriously, Lily," James said to the scowling girl, "You're definitely not alone, you've got Al, Minnie, and you've got me for the long run too. And while we're on the subject, what do you say we just go ahead and get hitched?"

Lily looked up at him blinking for several moments. "Um, what?"

"I didn't stutter did I?" James shrugged, "You're parents wouldn't want you to be alone, your sister has transfigured into a blazing ass, and I definitely love you, so what do you say? Lets get married?"

"Are you proposing to me?" Lily blinked in surprise.

"Well … yes I think I am," James grinned, taking off his glasses.

"James, this is so sudden … and we're so young … and that …" Lily stuttered, "Had to be the most unromantic proposal in history."

"I'm not as young as I look Darlin," James smiled, "and I do love you, honestly and I have spoken to Al and Minnie about this. But if you want a traditional one…" James said getting down on one knee, "Lily Evans, will you give me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Lily thought about this for several moments, and she couldn't help but smile at the sweat drops that were starting to roll down James' forehead. "Yes, I'll marry you!" Lily exclaimed as James swept the girl off her feet, and kissed her with everything he had.

James had never felt so happy, but little did he know that in the near future, that joy would be shattered.

X-X-X-X-X

Pain

James opened his sore eyes, his whole body hurt.

("NO, NOT HARRY!" James heard Lily scream as he ran up the stairs to the nursery, "Leave Harry alone!")

The fluid he floated in stung his eyes, but he couldn't bear to see anymore.

("Congratulations, Son" Dumbledore said planting a hand on James' shoulder, "You've been named Head boy, and you Ms. Evans, or should I say, Mrs. Potter has been named Head girl.

"We'll keep it Ms. Evans till after we graduate, then we'll make it official," Lily beamed, holding James' hand, "After all, what would people say if Hogwarts' head boy and girl were husband and wife?")

"Ok, James, be ready, this will hurt," Arthur Weasley said, beside James' tank, "Lucius, make the Adamantium injection." Arthur said to his assistant.

("LILY! HARRY! NO!!" James cried as he slashed through door, and saw Voldemort casting the killing curse on James' one-year-old son, only to have it deflect off the boy, and in the form of a yellow phoenix passing through Lily, and then back through Voldemort turning the screaming Dark Wizard into ashes before vanishing. James Potter collapsed to his knees cradling his dieing infant son, and lifeless wife in his arms, crying his eyes out.)

James yelled as multiple needles poked through his skin straight to his bones. Then felt as if fire was burning him from the inside out.

(James ran all the way to the Burrow home of the Weasleys. He pounded on the door till Arthur finally. "Weasley, I want to volunteer," James said to the surprised Weasley, "You want a killing machine to hunt the Deatheaters? I want to kill every one of those sons of bitches."

Come in," Arthur said holding open the door, "We'll leave for the Canadian Rockies in the morning.")

"Excellent, James, you made it through the worse, if your body accepts the Adamantium, you'll be better then ever!" Arthur said smiling at the trembling boy as he blacked out from the pain.

("James, I have some news," Lily said before they walked out to join the lines of graduates.

"What's up, Love," James smiled, "Make it quick, we just have a few seconds before time."

"Ok," Lily nodded, "Just thought you'd like to know that you're not only going to be a graduate, but you're going to be a father too.")

James slowly opened his eyes again, and focused on Lucius Malfoy standing with his back to him. Lucius removed his lab coat, and James' eyes widened in rage, seeing the Mark of the Deatheater on the boy's arm.

James growled and with a 'SNIKT' he unsheathed his claws, and to his surprise with a great deal less amount of pain and no blood. He glanced down and he saw why. Three surgical steel blades replaced the usual bone claws.

With a cry of rage, James began slashing at the glass, cutting it open in three slashes. "HELP ME!" Malfoy cried as James growled at him.

Security quickly ran in and with several restraining devises and spells, James was held still. "What happened here?" Arthur asked, eyeing James evilly.

"He just went crazy and attacked me!" Lucius cried, keeping his distance from James.

"Another failed experiment then," Arthur sighed, "everyone clear out, prepare the Dementor."

(James held his infant son in his arms, "He's so … perfect … even has your eyes Lil!" James beamed. He had never felt so proud or happy in his life. For the first time, he felt needed, he felt loved, he felt at home.

"Listen here, Harry James Potter," James said holding Harry under his arms, "You aren't gonna want for nothing! You're going to grow up happy and healthy, and with two parents who love you more then you could ever possibly know!")

James tried to fight back, but cried out in pain as the Dementor grabbed his frozen form. James tried to cry out, to fight, but he could do nothing as the Dementor pressed its lips to his and all went numb with one final thought.

'I love you, Lily.'

X-X-X-X-X-X

Present Day

X-X-X-X-X-X

"You're healing ability was able to revive you, James, how or why I'll never know. Maybe it saved a part of your soul, or maybe it just copied it, but you are the only person to ever survive a Dementor's Kiss. Sure you went wild and destroyed the lab, but you survived." Lucius Malfoy smiled at Wolverine, who stood there with Hermione completely dumb struck.

"Well, now, my work here is done, I only wanted to inform you of who you were, James Howlett," Lucius nodded, "Give my love to your son, Wolverine!" he said before apparating away with the Dementor.

"W-Wolverine?" Hermione asked walking up to the X-Man.

"He was right there, for the whole past year," Wolverine choked, dropping to his knees to punch the floor. "My own son, he was right there with me for the past year! And I NEVER KNEW!!!"

"Are… are you going to tell him?" Hermione asked, "Harry deserves to know?"

"I'm telling him nothing," Wolverine said firmly, wiping away his tears with the back of his glove.

"He's your son!" Hermione protested pleadingly.

"Yes, and I somehow always knew, a part of me did anyway, but … I'll just screw up his already screwed up life," Wolverine said with a trembling voice, "Hell Hermione, you've seen him with Cyclops! Scott's his father now, not me. He deserves someone who makes him happy and makes him feel loved. All I've ever brought him is pain."

"Jam-" Hermione started, but Wolverine spun to her, with a cold glare.

"Don't." he said firmly, "My name is Logan. James Howlett and James Potter are both dead." With that he walked past the crying girl, "Now dry your eyes, and lets meet back with the others. And remember. We found NOTHING."

Hermione gave him a weak nod, not sure what she should do.

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: well that's it for The Flower and the Wolverine! Hope you enjoyed the side story, but now it's back to the main event. Part of the secret of Sinistra will be revealed next chapter as well as the return of Lady Deathstryke! Don't forget to review!

P.S. I know I left out A LOT of seventh year, but I really wanted to get this flash back over with. Don't worry, Logan will be getting a few flashbacks showing a bit more of the early relationship of James and Lily later on. But now, we have bigger fish to fry, like Sinistra, Deathstryke, and Voldemort.