Unofficial Portkey Archive

HPX2: Harry Potter & The Secrets of Weapon X by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

HPX2: Harry Potter & The Secrets of Weapon X

Classic Cowboy

Chapter 2: The Mysterious Peter Parker

Scott Summers stood under the large oak tree on the hill overlooking the Xavier Estate's lake. He squatted down and placed a red rose on a golden plaque that said:

Jean Grey-Summers

August 8, 1968 - April 10, 1996

Beloved wife, mother, friend, and hero

"Dad?" Harry's voice came from behind him, Scott rose up, and despite the ruby quarts glasses Harry could tell he was glaring at him. "I'm sorry …"

"When we're out there, a lot of things can happen," Cyclops said as if he hadn't heard him say a word. "When I tell you to do something, I expect you to do it. I know you've done a lot of fighting before coming here, against Voldemort, where you had to stand alone. But Harry, it's not like that anymore, you're an X-Man now, you're a part of our family and for us to function as we should we all need to work together, and not one of us go off playing Hero, understand?"

"Yes sir," Harry said politely, pushing his normal glasses up on his nose, "I won't do anything like that again, I promise."

Cyclops smiled then turned back to the plaque, "Harry, did Jean ever tell you how she got her call sign?"

"No. not that I recall," Harry said looking down at the plaque as well.

"When she was younger, her best friend died in her arms. She was using her powers to comfort her, and when she passed away Jean's mind was still bonded with her friend. It traumatized her. That was why she was sent to Professor Xavier. She helped her recover. Prof. Xavier said she was like a Phoenix rising from her own ashes. And the name stuck."

"I miss her too, Dad," Harry said placing a hand on Scott's shoulder.

"It's getting late," Scott said rubbing a tear from his cheek, "and we've got to pick up your girlfriend and friends tomorrow afternoon. So off to bed with you."

"Alright," Harry nodded, as he turned and headed back toward the mansion, "G'night, Dad."

Scott waved at Harry, before turning back to the plaque, "Goodnight, Jean, I love you," he said, before retreating to the mansion as well.

--

"Ron, relax!" Hermione chuckled looking at Ron looking as if he was gripping the window seat for dear life. "It's only an airliner; nothing's going to happen … oh my God! The wing is falling off!" Hermione cried pointing out the window making the terrified redhead snap his head to look out the window.

"Bloody hell, Hermione," Ron snapped scowling at Hermione, "That was not funny, not funny t'all!"

"Calm down, Ron," Hermione stifled a giggle, "We're almost there. So calm yourself. I can't wait to see Harry again …"

"Hermione, you visited him last month didn't you?" Ron asked cocking an eyebrow.

"A month's a long time, Ron," Hermione pouted.

"You didn't complain when we spent three months apart before," Ron pointed out.

"Yeah, well, things were different then …" Hermione nodded, "things were very different …"

--

"Oh you have got to be kidding me!" Harry cried throwing himself down in his in Prof. X's office, "What does the big git want this time, or is it just mindless destruction? Of all the times, Hermione is going to be here in an HOUR!"

"My half brother Cain never was one for timing," Xavier said, "The others are away so all of you will be needed. Cyclops, Mage, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Shadowcat, and Nightcrawler, Good luck. Mage are you familiar with the mental attack to disable him once the helmet is removed?"

"Yes, Professor," Harry nodded.

"Very good," Xavier said, "Juggernaut's about a mile south of the International Airport …"

"International Airport … what are we waiting for," Harry said already out the door, "We must stop him."

--

The ground trembled and many New Yorkers thought it was some kind of earthquake, but it wasn't till a Ford Taurus went flying into the fifth story of an office building did they realize that the Unstoppable Juggernaut had returned to town.

The man was a tall eight foot six, and was muscle on top of muscle, wearing brown armor and a large bucket-like helmet. He griped the front of a passing bus and swung it around like a ball bat into a building. "Oh this is fun," He laughed, "Chuck, where are ya at, baby brother?" He called out and smiled when the X-Jet came to a landing directly in front of him

"The Professor isn't here, Juggernaut," Harry said running down the ramp to face the towering behemoth, "We can take a message if you prefer, though."

"Yeah sure," Juggernaut said coming to a stop, surprising the X-Men. "I just thought I'd warn him that somebody's out to get him."

"Why would you warn him?" Harry asked not believing him, "You've never cared before, why now?"

"Hey don't get me wrong," Juggernaut laughed, "I want to see Chuck get creamed, but this guy's different then usual, he did this to me." Juggernaut said showing a burnt place on his forearm; "He did it with some weird stick. He said I was worse then somethin called a mud blood or something like that. Then he blasted me in the arm that threw me a good ways."

"What was his name?" Cyclops questioned, not lowering his guard.

"He's Magneto's new buddy," Juggernaut said thinking hard, "I think he said his name was Voldie somethin or another,"

"Voldemort …" Harry said, his eyes widening behind his sunglasses.

"Yeah that was it," Juggernaut nodded, "Now, I've done my good deed for the year."

"Ok, thanks, Cain," Cyclops said, taking a step back toward the jet.

"Oh hold up, X-Boys," Juggernaut laughed, "You don't think I'm going to just let you go without a good fight? Where's tradition? What will people think?"

"Juggernaut, I really don't have time-" Harry started but was cut off as Juggernaut brought his fists down to the pavement so hard it sent a shockwave that threw Cyclops, Wolverine, Shadowcat and Mage to their knees. "For this … bloody hell …" Harry growled concentrating his telekinesis to once again increase his strength, speed, and agility five times.

Shadowcat was busy shaking her head, trying to clear it, that she didn't see Juggernaut heading straight toward her. "Kitten, look out!" Nightcrawler cried, teleporting beside her, and shoving her out of the way, but not escaping a blow to the chest that sent him flying all the way back to collide with the side of the X-Jet.

"Nightcrawler? KURT!" Shadowcat cried running back to the unconscious blue mutant. "Kurt are you alright, say something!" She begged pulling him into her lap.

"Are … you alright … Kitten?" Nightcrawler grunted holding his likely multiple broken ribs.

"Who cares about me," Shadowcat shot angrily and worriedly at the same time, "Are you ok?"

"I'll live …" he grunted as Shadowcat helped him stand.

"Come on," Shadowcat said blushing slightly at the closeness, "We're no good to them like this."

"You're hurt?" Nightcrawler asked fear on his blue features.

"No," Shadowcat blushing, and mentally kicking herself for placing herself in that position, "Just … I couldn't concentrate on the fight knowing you were hurt …"

--

"This is marvelous; Hermione will be here in twenty minutes!" Harry complained back flipping away from Juggernaut's attacks as Rogue and Gambit moved in for their attack.

"Get your mind on the fight! We have to get that helmet off," Wolverine growled, giving Harry a nod, to have him ready to do their double team attack. Juggernaut blocked the attack and grabbed Harry by the arm. "Nice try, little man," Juggernaut taunted before slinging the helpless Harry high into the air.

"Going my way?" a cocky voice called from behind Harry, as a strange sticky threat attached itself to his should and drug him back toward the ground.

"You all right, Mange?" said the one helping Harry to his feet. The guy was wearing red and blue tights, with a web-like pattern over the red portion, and large reflective white eyepieces on his full mask.

"Mage. But yeah, Spider-Man," Harry nodded casually adjusting his sunglasses, "Care to lend us a hand, mate?"

"Be a pleasure, buddy boy," he said leaping into the air firing a web-line to swing around the towering Juggernaut. He made several passes, tying the behemoth in a web line, then covered his face and eyes in webbing as well, "Ok, Mange, you're up to the plate."

Harry took the opportunity Spider-Man gave him, and drew his wand, "Alohamora! Wingardium Leviosa!" Harry called casting the two spells at the locked down helmet. As soon as the helmet was clear he narrowed his eyes and concentrated hard on Juggernaut's mind.

A moment later, Juggernaut cried out gripping his head. "Stupid … brat …" he mumbled before falling face first.

"Thanks for the help, Spider-Man," Cyclops said walking up to the Wall-Crawler.

"Don't mention it," Spider-Man responded, "It's all part of being the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man." He then turned to Harry, "We still on for tonight, bro?"

"Hermione said she took an anti-jetlag potion before the plane left England, so I don't see what will be standing in our way." Harry nodded.

"Alright, I'll tell MJ," said Spider-Man before turning to see blue lights heading their way, "We'll that's the cue. We'll be at the mansion around seven thirty as planed," he asked, firing a web line, and then looking at Harry for a response.

"Seven thirty as planed," Harry nodded, "see you then, mate,"

"See you then," Spider-Man said swinging away as Harry followed the X-Men into the X-Jet.

--

A short while later Harry and Scott stood out front of the airport, awaiting Hermione, Ron, and Ginny. "Harry, what are you doing?" Scott asked as Harry used his telekinesis to chip and break part of the lens.

"Just keeping with tradition, Dad" Harry smiled.

"If you say so," Scott smiled, chuckling at Harry's obvious nervousness. "Relax, you were just with her a month ago,"

"Yes, but I'm still bloody nervous …" Harry said, smiling sheepishly, "What if she decided she wants back with Ron? Or met someone else …" His rant was cut off when something collided with him, and clung to him tightly. Harry looked down and knew the bush of brown hair anywhere, and hugged back just as tightly.

"I take it you missed me," Harry said with a wink as Hermione pulled away to smile at him.

"Hey Mate!" Ron said happily running up carrying his and Hermione's suitcases with Ginny close behind. "How do bloody muggles handle flying in those contraptions? I swear, it's a bloody death trap, I tell you!"

"Great to see you, mate," Harry said, still holding Hermione, "You too, Ginny,"

"Hello, Harry," Ginny said timidly, "Having a good summer?"

"I am now," He said smiling down at his girlfriend, "I'm so glad you all made it."

"Harry, what have you done to your glasses?" Hermione asked, giving him her patented mother hen look. She looked around to make sure no one was watching, and then pulled out her wand. "Oculus Reparo," she said as she cast the spell repairing Harry's glasses, "What would you do without me, Harry? Honestly." She then took the opportunity to look him over. He hadn't grown much taller since she last saw him, but his chest, shoulders and arms continued to grow every time she saw him. He was wearing a white tee shirt under a black vest with Xavier's symbol on the back, and form fitting denim jeans and a pair of western style boots Logan had given him. His hair was as messy as ever though it appeared to have been slightly spiked up, and he had on the same wire-frame glasses that he has always had.

"You ready to go, guys?" Harry asked, taking Hermione's hand and started out beside Scott.

The group walked out of the airport, and Harry pointed at his motorcycle, "What do you think, Mione?" Harry asked with a proud smile.

"Harry, what on earth are you doing with that … that … deathtrap?" Hermione scolded staring at the bike.

"Sirius …" Harry said looking down sadly, "He was going to give it to me after I graduated so we could ride together."

"Well, Harry, are you going to get on or not, honestly?" Hermione said leaning against it with one hand resting on the seat and the other on her hip, "I believe it would be easiest if we are going to ride it if you, being the driver, got on be for me, being the passenger."

"Thanks 'Mione," Harry smiled brightly, as he climbed on and handed Hermione his helmet, as Scott, Ginny, and Ron climbed into Scott's RX-8.

--

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" A Muggle scientist asked a young Asian girl, barely eighteen, who was laying on a small platform in a large glass tub, only thing covering her body were drawn lines showing her skeleton.

"She's a mutant," a man said from the shadows, "She has no say in the matter."

"It doesn't matter," She spoke up before the scientist could speak again, "I want to get the murders, I want revenge for taking him from me. Both Potter and Voldemort must pay. I didn't train the last three years to back out now."

"If you're one hundred percent sure …" the scientist sighed, looking into her cold brown eyes.

He then placed a breathing apparatus over her nose and mouth, and filled the tub with a strange fluid.

Arthur Weasley then walked up to the tank with four other men, two wizards and two scientists. "Liquefy," He spoke at a large rock of shimmering metal, which suddenly turned in a shinny liquid. "Forgive me, young lady, but … this will hurt."

The next moment, the girl was gasping as the scientists and wizards took large needles attached to lines to the container of silvery liquid, and jabbed them into specific places of her body, one needle per bone. She cried out for the whole two hour process, but not blacking out from the pain once. When it finally ended she laid there in the open tub breathing hard, slowly moving her body, getting used to the change.

She then slowly pulled herself out of the tank, and let two scientists slide a light robe on her. She looked down at her hands and with a 'snikt' sound, five long, shimmering, razor sharp claws stretched out from her hands; One each from each finger.

"Minister, sir," A scientist spoke up, "Allow me to introduce you to … Lady Deathstryke."

--

Harry sat at the mansion, actually getting into the scene before him. Ron and Beast both sat cross-legged in the floor of the living room, with Ron's wizard chessboard between them. The two in a dead even game, neither giving an inch and didn't look like the game would end any time soon.

"You ready, Harry?" Hermione's voice came from the doorway. Harry looked and his jaw dropped. She was wearing a dark blue sleeveless, V-neck top, that wasn't too revealing but enough to make Harry drool, and a matching miniskirt that went to her knees. She had her hair pulled back in a loose ponytail and just enough makeup to make her natural beauty shine.

"Um, yeah," Harry said, shaking out of his stupor, "as soon as my friend and his girlfriend arrive."

"Talking about us?" came a voice from the entrance of the mansion. At the door stood a boy and a girl around Harry and Hermione's ages.

"Hey Harry," the girl spoke, walking up and giving Harry a quick friendly hug, "It's been along time, too good for us now?" She asked playfully.

Hermione felt a pang of jealousy when she hugged him, but it past quickly when she saw the girl take the other boy's hand. She was around the same height as Harry, and had long flowing red hair, bright intelligent eyes, and the figure that would make most boys roll over and beg.

"You must be Harmony," The boy said with a friendly smile, "Harry Boy talks a lot about you. Almost every other word." The guy was around as tall as Ron, which was quite tall, but not too tall, and quite lanky. He carried himself with a carefree and cocky posture, and his brown hair was almost as kept as Harry's.

"That's Hermione, Peter," Harry sighed, "You never get names right … anyway," He said turning to Hermione, "Hermione this is my friend Peter Parker. Prof. Xavier introduced us a few months ago because we have similar interests and backgrounds. And this is his girlfriend, Mary Jane Watson," Harry said pointing to the couple.

Hermione nodded a greeting, but upon looking into Peter's eyes it caused her to suck in her breath, gazing into his brown eyes was like looking into Harry's. While his body and posture made it seem that he was carefree, but his eyes were totally different. They were deep, and littered with sadness and pain, and looked as if they belong to someone older, someone who had seen and been through too much. The made Hermione wonder exactly what great burden, what great responsibility, he was being forced to bear.

"Everybody ready?" Harry asked, bringing Hermione out of her thoughts.

"Yes, yes," Hermione nodded, as the group started out the door.

"Hey Harry," Scott called from the door way to the offices, catching his attention.

"Yes, Dad?" Harry asked turning to face him.

"Don't let what Juggernaut say get to you, have fun alright?" He then looked out the large window of the living room, "It's a chilly night, take my car." He said throwing the keys to his RX-8 at his adopted son.

Harry's eyes lit up at the thoughts of driving Scott's prized sports car, "Thanks dad, we won't be late, promise."

"All right, have fun, son," Scott said waving as the four exited the room.

"Check, and mate," Beast smiled.

"But … but … but … but …" Ron stammered staring at the board, "How did you? How?"

"Play again?" Beast asked smirking.

"Yes, please."

--

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: well that's another chapter finished ^^ Thanks to Xavien for beta reading, everyone else for reading and reviewing ^_^ mores on the way!