Unofficial Portkey Archive

HPX2: Harry Potter & The Secrets of Weapon X by Classic Cowboy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

HPX2: Harry Potter & The Secrets of Weapon X

Classic Cowboy

The Flower and The Wolverine Part 2: Quidditch, Snuffles, Wormtails, and Mudblood

A couple months later …

"Ok, Musclehead," Lily said facing James, who was on the other side of the DADA chamber, "Remember Stupefy, ok? You can do it."

"Ok, ok, I think I got it …" James said narrowing his eyes on his wand. "Stupefy!" he cast and hit Lily directly in the chest, sending her flying backwards.

"Not bad," Lily said weakly, rubbing her chest where the curse hit, "Professor Dumbledore was right, you are a very quick learner, I'm almost impressed."

"Oh joy, I've almost impressed a bookworm," James smirked. "Want to-" he started but cried out as the same spell took him off his feet.

"You're getting good," Lily said standing up. "But I'm still better I'm afraid. So what do you say to that, Musclehead?" she said replacing her wand, but then took a worried expression when James didn't return a cocky reply. "Musclehead?" she then turned to see James still lying prone on the floor, "Musclehead! James!" she cried as she dove at his side, "Are you alright, I didn't mean to hit you so hard," but then she saw his lip curl up to a smile for a split second and knew he was playing possum.

"You jerk!" she barked as she kicked him in the ribs.

"I see you two are getting along well," Professor Dumbledore said, as he walked toward the two.

"Yeah we're doing great, Al," James grunted as he hopped back to his feet, smirking at the 'humph' from Lily.

"I have an owl from Mr. Pettigrew for you, Ms. Evans," Dumbledore said, looking at James with a strange twinkle in his eye.

"Peter?" Lily said excitedly before shaking it off, and speaking in a calm voice. "Oh, may have it please?"

Lily took the letter Dumbledore handed to her excitedly and read over it quickly, before smiling broadly, and looked up hopefully at Dumbledore, "Professor, may Muscle … err… James and I go to Hogsmeade this afternoon?" Dumbledore nodded causing her to smile brightly.

"Peter, that your brother or something, Bookworm? Like you could ever have a boyfriend," James asked, with a hint of hopefulness in his voice.

"I've to get ready … be ready in an hour, Musclehead," She said ignoring his question and dashing out of the room giggling lightly.

James let out a faint growl, but Dumbledore noticed the few drops of blood that began to drip slowly from his knuckle.

"James, are you alright?" Dumbledore asked with concern, eyeing his clenched fist. "Are you injured?"

James jerked slightly and rubbed his knuckle, "No it … just does that sometimes …"

"You know, it isn't a condition," Dumbledore said resting a hand on James' shoulder. "It is a part of who you are, and makes you who you are."

"Tell that to the rest of the world, Al," James said shrugging off his hand, and walking past the aged wizard.

---

"Oh this is real nice," said James, as Lily dragged him through the streets of Hogsmeade by the arm, barely missing a young boy who ran past, splashing through puddles. James groaned as a large amount of mud flew from the splash on to his favorite jeans. "Very nice …"

"Oh hush, we're almost to the Broomsticks!" Lily said excitedly before turning back quickly. "Is my hair alright? Does this outfit make me look fat?" she stared at his blank face for a few moments before sighing, "Oh right, forgot who I was talking to. Come along, Musclehead."

She led him into the Three Broomsticks and a short skinny teenaged boy with small eyes and a pointed nose waved and wrapped his arms around Lily. The two shared a short peck of a kiss before turning back to James who was eyeing the boy in Lily's arms. "Peter, this is James Potter, James, this is my boyfriend Peter Pettigrew and our friends Sirius Black and Remus Lupin."

Peter stretched out his hand to James but James merely looked at it before crossing his arms across his chest.

"Wow, I know you!" Sirius said fanatically. "I saw you fight in a street fight on a trip last year!"

"Fight?" Lily asked suddenly interested. She had in fact no clue exactly what James did before the Dumbledore brought him to Hogwarts.

"I really missed you, Love," Peter said hugging his girlfriend, but Lily pushed away, her attention still on Sirius.

"What do you mean fight in a street fight?" she asked looking from excited Sirius to the unenthused James.

"I can not believe this, a real live street fighter!" Sirius said his eye dancing excitedly before grabbing James' hands. "The Undefeated Wolverine! I can't believe I'm right here in front of the Wolverine!"

"Wolverine?" Lily asked studying James carefully, she could tell he was strong but she would never believe he would be a fighter; street fighting was extremely dangerous. "James, why didn't you tell me you were a street fighter?"

"Well, I spent more time in cage brawls actually," James shrugged. "I only occasionally street fight. As for why I never told you, well, you never asked."

"AHEM," Peter said loudly. "Now that his deep dark secret is out, shall we go for a walk, Lily dear?"

"Yes, I think that's a marvelous idea!" Lily said enthusiastically, "Let's go, Peter." She then turned to James, and too the excited Remus and Sirius, "Lets go boys, Musclehead."

"But I meant just the two of … oh Nevermind, lets go," Peter relented as the group exited the pub.

As they exited the building James sniffed the air and grabbed Remus' arm, "You guys go on, Remus wanted to show me something," he said eyeing the shocked teen. Remus sniffed and his eyes went wide as well before nodding.

"Yes, we won't be a moment."

---

"You're different," James growled, as he dragged Remus in an alley.

"So are you," Remus replied, "Are you a werewolf too?"

"No, I'm a Mutant," James returned, "I've enhances senses … among other things."

"Oh, so that explained why you could sense me," Remus nodded. "My senses increase as well around the time of a full moon. Aren't you even slightly freaked out about me being a werewolf? Most don't like us because we're different."

James shrugged, "You freaked out about me being a Mutant? Most don't like us because we're different."

"Guess we're two sides of the same coin, aye?" Remus smiled.

James cracked a smirk, "Guess so." He started to say more when a scream was heard down the street. James and Remus looked at each other, "Lily," James said, his eyes growing wide with worry before bolting out of the alley with Remus close behind.

---

"Let her go, you freak," Sirius said, but was being held back by Peter.

"Me, the freak?" Lucius Malfoy laughed, swinging his head back to throw his long blond hair out of his face, "She's the Mudblood, not me." He had one arm tight around her neck and another around her waist, holding her tightly to him.

"Please let me go, Malfoy, I won't tell the-" Lily started, with tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Shut up, you Mudblood slut," Malfoy hiss, "I know your little game, the only reason you're top of the class is because you sleep with half the professors. Admit it and let me have some of your services and I'll let you go," Malfoy smiled into her crimson hair and ran his hand up her blouse.

"Excuse me," a voice said from behind Malfoy as a finger tapped his shoulder, "I believe she said to let her go."

"Yeah, so?" Malfoy laughed looking back, then gasped as he was sent flying into the other side of the alley.

"You ok, Bookworm?" James asked helping a crying Lily to her feet, then handing her to Remus. "You guys get back to Hogwarts," he then turned back to Malfoy, "Me and Blondie need to talk about manners."

"Do you have any iota of a thought of who you are speaking to?" Malfoy bellowed leaping to his feet angrily.

"No, it's you who don't know who you're talking to," Sirius proclaimed proudly. "That's the undefeatable Wolverine, and he's going to kick your bloody arse!"

"James, don't," Lily whimpered, "It's not worth it, his father's really powerful!"

"I don't care if he's the damn Prince of England," James said giving her a quick wink, "I'll be ok, you guys get out of here."

"But …" Lily tried to butt in, but yelped when Remus pulled her.

"Come on, he's not stupid," Sirius said as he followed on. "Malfoy deserves this."

Lily finally relented and let her still silent boyfriend and friends pull her out of the alley, only looking back when she heard a strange 'snikt' sound but they were already out of view.

---

"What … what are you?" Malfoy questioned staring at his wand, which now lay on the ground before him in four segments.

"If you don't leave my friend alone," James said stepping toward him with a sinister look on his face, "I'm your worst nightmare multiplied."

He then brought his fist just under Malfoy's chin and a small squirt of blood splashed on Malfoy's cheeks as two razor sharp cat-like claws with a 'snikt' sound shot from between his knuckles on either side of his face.

"I-I'm not afraid of you," Malfoy tried to sound unaffected but the puddle of yellow fluid on his shoe told otherwise. "You're just one of those mutant freaks! You're worse than a Mud-" he started but was silenced as another claw popped and poked at his lower jaw.

"I'll give you one warning and one warning alone," James hissed. "Nobody, but nobody calls her names, and anybody who makes her cry WILL answer to me. Am I in any way unclear?" he asked as he brought his other fist up with three full length one foot long claws to rest their tips on the side of his head, "Am I clear?"

"C-Crystal!" Malfoy squeaked, and let out a loud sigh as the claws disappeared with another 'snikt'.

"I'll see you around, Bub," James said turning his back and walking out of the alley.

"You can count on that …" Malfoy muttered under his breath, as he slid down the wall.

---

"We shouldn't have left him back there!" Lily shot as Sirius, Remus, and Peter helped her into a horseless carriage before Peter following her in.

"Left who back where?" James asked as he climbed in behind them and taking a seat between Peter and Lily.

"James, you're all … you're bleeding!" Lily said worriedly, staring at his bloody fists.

"Oh, it's nothing …" James said stuffing his hands in his pockets and shrugging off her worried look.

"I think I'll stay here and finish up my school shopping," Peter said angrily, glaring at James.

"But I thought you were already finished," Lily said a slight hurt expression.

"I forgot a few things," Peter said climbing back out. "I wouldn't want to get in the way of you and your pet Wolverine, now would I, sweetheart? I'll write you soon, Lily dear,"

"Ok, bye Peter," Lily said, confused.

"Bye, James, see you in a month," Remus said happily.

"I hope we have some of the same classes, Wolverine," Sirius said in a dreamy fan boy fashion.

"Call me, James," he replied, reaching out the window of the carriage and ruffling Sirius's hair.

The Carriage rode off and Remus looked over at the starry-eyed Sirius, "What's with you?"

"He wants me to call him by his real name …" Sirius sighed. "He really wants to be my friend, a real street fighter wants to be my friend …"

"Oy," Remus rolled his eyes and drug his best friend back to the three broomsticks.

---

"I can't believe he never even asked if I was alright!" Lily fumed laying on her feather bed, thinking about how her so called boyfriend was just letting Malfoy do whatever he wanted to her.

"Some people are just bastards, huh?"

Lily jumped, "James, how did you get in here?"

"I have my ways," James smirked, before grabbing her wrist, "C'mon, we've got work to do. Only a month before school starts, right?"

Lily narrowed her eyes at him, knowing he was up to something, but followed his lead anyway.

Lily followed him to the DADA chamber. James stopped and opened the door for her, "Ladies first," James said with a mock-bow. Lily looked at him strangely but nodded and entered the room.

She walked into the well-lit chamber and was shocked to see it redecorated. There was a large training mat in the center with triple padding and several hanging punching bags. "What's going on, Musclehead?" She asked, then let out a muffled scream when his arms went around her, one around her midsection and one around her neck.

"What ya going to do, Bookworm?" James hissed in her ear.

"I … I …" Lily whimpered. 'Beg you to tear my clothes off and make me your own,' her eyes then widened by her own thought, 'Where did that come from?'

"You see my arm around your neck?" James said, tightening his grip around her throat. "Take both your hands and grip my arm at the elbow."

Lily shakily did as told, and could feel James nod into the back of her head. "Good, now I want you to pull with all your weight, while bending forward when I start to tighten my grip on you," he instructed.

She did as told, but he remained behind her. "No, you're not pulling hard enough, use your full body weight and toss me over your shoulder," James said louder causing her to flinch slightly.

"What if I …"

"You're not going to hurt me, so just do it, what does it take, making you mad?" James asked. "Lousy good for nothing bookworm who wouldn't spread her legs if the greatest superstar in the world came and ask you to bare his children, do what I say!"

"For the last time," Lily growled, as she jerked him hard sending him over her shoulder and on to the ground before her with a sickening thud, "I am NOT a bookworm, and if it's any of your business, Peter has yet to complain!"

"But have you?" James asked cocking an eyebrow, as he pulled himself to his feet.

"Have I what?" Lily asked shakily.

"Complained?"

"Why did you attack me like that?" Lily asked, changing the subject.

"There may not be someone there the next time Malfoy or someone else tries to take advantage of you, and you just can't keep running every time someone calls you a cruel name," James explained.

"And what do you expect me to do, just stand there and take it?" Lily asked angrily.

"Fight back," James replied sincerely. "I expect you to fight back."

"And I presume you plan on teaching me to fight back properly," Lily rolled her eyes.

"That's the plan," James smiled.

"You're serious?" Lily gawked.

"Yup, and you get me ready for school," James said with a knowing smile. "I'm going to get you ready as well. That Malfoy bastard won't mess with you anymore, and if he comes back, he'll be whimpering this time from your fists not mine."

"I don't know …" Lily said kicking the ground uncertainly.

"I do, lets get to work."

---

When the door shuts, don't worry about me
It's not attention that I want from you
I need you to trust who I'm gonna be
and in everything I'm going to do

---

"Punch the bag," James instructed, as he held a punching bag. "Ball up your fist, reach back, put all your strength into your arm and fist, and let it go."

She did as told, and pulled back shaking her fist, "That hurt!"

"Ignore the pain, do it again," James said, steadying the bag.

"But …"

"I know you can do it," James said giving Lily a look that caused her breath to catch. "So do it."

---

Cause I'm not afraid of what I don't know
For understanding is all that I yearn
But what is for sure is I'm going to go
I'm going to live and I'm going to learn

---

James sat in a desk near the punching bag, scribbling a potion equation before with a growl wadded up the parchment and threw it across the DADA chamber, before pulling off his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose

Lily, who was still practicing her punches and how to ignore the pain that came with it, stopped and picked up the wad of parchment and unfolded it. She walked over to James' desk and sat it back in front of him.

---

And I know there will be mistakes that I will make

---

"Look at it this way, James," Lily said pointing her finger at a part of his sloppy equation, "Potions is a part of magic, but you still can't get something from nothing, at least in potions. The numbers have to add up."

She then took his writing hand in her own and got him on the right path, but after completing the equation left her hand on his for a few moments. Both James and Lily were temporarily lost in each others gaze.

"I'll keep practicing," Lily finally shook it off. "You keep practicing too."

"Thanks, Lily," James said giving her a genuine smile before they both went back to work.

---

But I know none are worse than chances I don't take, take

Right before your eyes, I am changing
Changing, Changing
a new laugh on the inside; I am changing
Changing, Changing

---

"Say it," James persuaded as Lily punched the bag with a poorly drown picture of Lucius Malfoy on it.

"I'm not saying that!" Lily muttered.

"I know you have it in you, Lil," James smirked, holding the bag.

"I do not, and I will not say anything remotely like something that would come from your crude lips " Lily shook her head, earning a laugh from James, and soon giggled with him.

---

When the door shuts, it shuts finally
A new person that I have become

---

"Accio parchment," James said pointing his wand at the parchment across the table, which suddenly flew toward his hand.

"Excellent," Lily praised. "Now do it again."

"But I …"

"Like you told me, practice makes perfect," Lily winked before going back to her punching bag.

---

I'll follow my heart to my destiny
Living in fear and the sorrow is done

---

"Lets try some role play," James smiled to Lily's turned back. "I'm Lucius Malfoy and I am much better then you'll ever be you little Mudblood,"

"Mudblood?" Lily gasped spinning around. "Mudblood? Listen here, you overbearing asshole, I'm not the little piece of shit that cheated my way to the top, but you are!"

---

There will be no more feeling that I'm all alone

---

"Good girl," James smiled, before spinning her around and put an arm around her neck in a headlock. "Now what, Mudblood?"

---

I will surround myself with things that help me grow

---

"This," Lily grunted, throwing him over her shoulder making him hit the mat with a sickening thud.

"Not bad," James smiled up, sneaking a glance up her skirt before making eye contact. "But you really shouldn't lower your guard."

"Oh?" She asked, then squealed when he grabbed her ankle and jerked her down to the mat beside him.

---

Right before your eyes I am changing
Changing, Changing
A new laugh on the inside, I am changing
Changing, Changing…

---

"Got ya," James smirked down at the girl that was pinned under him.

"That you do," she whispered, barely audibly.

"I do hope I am not interrupting anything," a voice called from the doorway, causing the two to leap from the mat in surprise.

"Damn it, Al," James snapped at the aged Professor. "How did you sneak up on me?"

"I hope you two realize the time?" Dumbledore smiled mischievously at the youths.

"Um … not really …" Lily said slowly and warily.

"You have been in this chamber all night and the students will be arriving for the opening banquet in less then thirty minutes," Dumbledore said rubbing his beard.

"WHAT?!?" Lily wailed running around the chamber like a chicken missing its head. "Oh my, oh my gosh, oh, oh, we've been here all NIGHT? Oh my … Professor, nothing happened, honestly … oh I must look awful! I've got to … oh … talk to you later, James!" she rambled before running out of the room at full speed.

"Well, now what then?" James asked looking at Dumbledore expectantly.

"Well first off, we must get you in your school robes, James," Dumbledore said, resting his hand on James' shoulder. "Now if you'll come with me."

---

A short while later, Lily and James followed Professor Dumbledore toward the Great Hall. "Ok Ms. Evans, you take your place at the Gryffindor table, Mr. Potter, you shall come with me to be sorted by the sorting hat with the first years."

"What? He has to be sorted?" Lily gulped, her eyes widening in worry. "I thought he was going into Gryffindor, Professor?"

"He very well could, Ms. Evans, but it is all up to him and the hat, now isn't it?" Dumbledore asked, smiling at her frantic stare.

"But …" Lily started, before sighing and walking toward the Gryffindor table.

"Come with me, Mr. Potter, you'll be sorted first." Dumbledore said leading him to the front of the school. James felt very self-conscious as every eye was on him. James' eyes settled on Lily, who seemed to be silently praying between Remus and Sirius.

"Have a seat, Mr. Potter," McGonagall ordered, and the teen plopped down on a three-legged stool.

"Alright, Minnie, what now?" James smirked, at the wide angered eyes of the deputy headmistress, before she slammed a large hat on James' head.

"Well, now this is an interesting one," a voice echoed above James' head.

"What the?" James asked looking around wildly.

"It doesn't matter, I've got a whole army of rug rats to determine where they'll be staying for the next seven years, so let me see where I can put you, ya wanna-be teenager," the Sorting hat spoke almost hatefully.

"Let's see … let's see," the hat mused. "You act like an egotistical, rude, grumpy, snake in the grass, but let's see if we can get past the Wolverine and find James Howlett, shall we?" The hat chuckled at James' reaction, "You are like a wolverine, but not in ferocity, but in the fact you would die for those you care about. A part of you that refuses to let anyone hurt like you hurt, a way for you to never forget Rose, is that right, James?"

"You hate yourself, you want to be an animal," the hat continued. "But you can't let go of the young boy who has become as strong and noble as a stag holding back your feral side. You're faithful, brave and true, and no matter what you say or how you act, you will stand by those who are willing to stand by you and that is why you definitely belong in … GRYFFINDOR!"

"YES!" Lily cried out, standing up before getting a hold of herself and sitting back down quickly and shyly.

James walked over and sat down beside Sirius, who was beaming at his new idol. And he gave a weak nod before grabbing a chicken leg and biting into it. The dinner and sorting went quickly, and Lily was assigned to show James where his classes would be.

"And this is the potions dungeon with Prof. Virtigus, it will be the first class on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays, and I'll be with you so you won't have to worry about being late, Muscle Head," Lily smiled as the two walked through the halls of the school. "That's all of your classes, any questions?"

James thought for a moment before something caught his eye outside the window, "Yeah, I got a question," James smiled as he saw a group of students flying above a stadium on what looked like brooms. "I wanna know about that."

"Quidditch?" Lily asked, squinting her nose. "Why would you want to know about that?"

To Be Continued …

C. Cowboy: I am so, so sorry for the long delay, college got kind of crazy on me, but I'm finally back in the saddle! I'd like thank Virtual Fairy for beta reading this chapter for me.

Also if anyone would like more information or would like to do some fan art for my HPX series or the Hulk series (gets on hands and knees and begs) I have set up a yahoo group for this and some of my other crossovers which will have material and side stories (coming soon) you won't find anywhere else. Everyone's welcome to join! Joining up makes me happy. Also reviews make me happy too. More on the way and won't take months for it to come out, promise!

Classic Cowboy's Crossovers Yahoo Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cc_crossovergroup