Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Mixed Tape by Iloveharrypotter17
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Mixed Tape

Iloveharrypotter17

"You Could Be Happy" by Snow Patrol

He was sitting on their couch. There was a book in his hands but he just couldn't seem to focus on it.

It had been two months since...since Lily walked out.

No, that's not fair.

It's been two months since he verbally attacked her and gave her an ultimatum when she was already upset. How could he have been so stupid? How could he have done that?

If you leave now, we're over. If you leave now, we're over. If you leave now, we're over. If you leave now, we're over.

He couldn't stop from imaging the scene over and over. Those terrible six words that he wished he could've taken back.

If he hadn't made her so angry that night they would've still been together. Still engaged, maybe planning their wedding. But that wouldn't happen now. All the nights they spent together, sometimes going out, sometimes just laying and watching the starts, all amounted to nothing. It had been so nice; until that last night. He could have stopped her from walking out the door.

He wondered where she was now. Sirius had let it slipped that she moved, but quickly changed the subject, hoping that James hadn't noticed. He did.

Wherever she was, he hoped she was happy.

She had made him so happy when they were together. Happier than she could ever imagine.

He stood up and walked over to the bookshelf, placing his book back in its spot. And for a second, it's like he could smell her, as if she was standing right next to him, mocking the lack of serious books on the shelf.

He spotted something small and white next to the last book. He grabbed it and as soon as he feels the small round parts, he can tell that it's her pearl necklace. He pulled it out from its hiding spot and he couldn't feel anything but anger toward the small item. If she hadn't been looking for it, she never would have stopped by, and they never would have broken up. He wanted to throw it against the wall, or stomp on it, or tear each pearl off of it one by one, but instead he walks into the hallway and places it on the side table that still holds her engagement ring. He still can't bring himself to move it, let alone pawn it.

She always wanted so much. He knows she deserves it all, everything she could ever dream of.

He picks up the ring and carries it to the kitchen where he throws it in the rubbish bin.

Now she can do everything. He can't hold her back any longer.

A/N: Yeah, it's been awhile. I do plan on finishing this story within the month though.