Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Mixed Tape by Iloveharrypotter17
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Mixed Tape

Iloveharrypotter17

Disclaimer: I do not own:

Harry Potter

The Get Up Kids

Or "Overdue"

I simply enjoy them all.

A/N: So how many of you actually are going to go and listen to the song and read the lyrics? None? Tsk tsk tsk. I found the lyrics and the songs for a reason people, the least you could do is listen to the song, and maybe, hopefully, listen or read the lyrics. I don't pick out these songs from the blue. I have my reasons.

"Overdue" by The Get Up Kids

The three of them were all sitting in their little living room talking about James and Sirius' trip to New York City.

"And Sirius thought we were going to Chicago!" James said which made Remus laugh even harder.

"Chicago? How do you get that mixed up with New York?" Remus asked.

Sirius shrugged. The laughter died down after a few moments. "Prongs, you didn't tell him what you saw in New York, did you?" Sirius asked James.

James ran his fingers through his hair.

"What did you see in New York?" Remus prompted.

James looked out the window before he responded. "Lily Evans."

Remus' eyes widened in surprise, "You saw Lily in New York?"

"And he went on a date with her," Sirius added. "And she went to breakfast with us. She really hasn't changed that much."

"How was the date?" Remus asked.

"It was alright. She took me to this really strange place, but the food was good. D'you know they call chips French fries over there?"

"Everything is French over there," Sirius added.

Remus laughed at the two. "So are you going to see her again?"

"I don't know. I want to, but…I don't know," James said, sounding as unsure as he felt.

"Oh no, I've got to go meet up with Diane," Sirius said as he stood up.

"What? I thought you broke it off with her?" Remus asked.

"I did, but then I saw her with another bloke," Sirius replied.

"Ah, I see," Remus smiled. "Well, I'm off too."

"Where're you going?" Sirius asked him as they both walked off into the kitchen.

"You'll see," Remus told him.

"Tell me now, Moony," Sirius whined from the other room.

James chuckled to himself as the conversation went out of his hearing range. He turned to stare out the window again.
Lily Evans. It's funny, I spent all those years chasing her until we were finally friends. Just when we start to become something more, she disappears. Now, finally, she returns. I can't believe it. Lily Evans.

Our date…was it even a date? What if it wasn't? Does she even feel that way? What if she only did it to be nice? Because she felt sorry for leaving and not even saying good-bye. I should've never asked her. I should've let it go, let her go, and not have asked her. I bet she only did it because she felt obligated to. And then all she did was leave again.

And what was with those things on her wrist? She doesn't…no James shook his head Lily would never cut herself. Never. She's too smart to do anything like that. Besides, she has no reason to do it. She's perfect.

Too perfect for me. I don't need her. I should've kept my mouth shut, and not asked if it was her or not. I probably won't even see her again. If I haven't seen her in the last year, why would I see her again now? It was only a one-time thing, seeing her. And the date…and the kiss. I shouldn't of have kissed her. She was only doing it out of pity. I've got to let it go. I don't need her.

I wonder if she remembers how she just left, vanished without a trace. I wonder if she knows that I got pissed the night I found out she left. Probably not. Not that she would care in the least. I'm her charity case. 'Oh let me help Potter out by giving him hope then crushing his heart.' Bloody Lily Evans. I wonder if she knows that I got pissed every night for a month after that. Oh that's right, it's her, Lily Evans, the one who doesn't care about anyone except for herself. Walks out on everything. Cares about no one. She doesn't care. I should be like her, not caring. I wish I could be. Then I wouldn't have to worry about her, about what she's doing. If she's found someone new or not. Bloody hell, she probably has. I bet he's a bastard that doesn't deserve her too. I hate him James decided as he stood up and made his way to the kitchen.

He grabbed a firewhisky from the fridge and took a swig out of it. I hope they're happy together. I really don't care. She can be with whoever she wants. I hate her. I have no feelings for her at all. I'll go find myself a girlfriend. Someone who's much prettier than her. And smarter. And who doesn't hate me or pity me. If any of that's possible. Yes, I am over Lily Evans, the menace who always finds a way to ruin me. I'll never see her again and I'll live my life happily and peacefully. No more fights, no more kisses, no more pain. What a great Lily-free life I'll have while she's with her bloody bastard boyfriend. I'll stop thinking about her too.

The doorbell rang, to James' annoyance. He was trying to cleanse his mind of Lily right now, and he didn't want to be interrupted. It rang a second time. He set down his firewhisky and made his way to the front door.

I'm totally Lily-free now. Right this second my new life is beginning. And it is great.

James pulled the door open to reveal Lily Evans standing on his doorstep with a nervous smile on her face.

"Hello James."

A/N: OOOH! Wasn't going to end it with her showing up, but she did. Oh well. And I even wrote this chapter in one night! That's def. a first.

So I was thinking, do you guys want me to put up the lyrics for the song? Because I know when other people do that I get bored and don't read them. Lol. But I can put them up if you want me to.

Another thought, I don't have a beta, and I'm not sure if I want one or not. Do you guys think I need one? If anyone would like to try it out, let me know.

Review?