Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Mixed Tape by Iloveharrypotter17
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Mixed Tape

Iloveharrypotter17

"Love Song" by Anberlin, Originally by The Cure

James and Lily had returned from Eva's party. They had planned on drinking a little champagne and spending the rest of the night together. Lily was in a happy elated state oblivious to all of James' little nervous quirks like ruffling his hair every few seconds.

To his delight, she was in total shock when he bent down on one knee and asked her to marry him.

And when she said yes, he thought he would die of pure happiness, but his voice seemed frozen and wouldn't tell Lily to take him to St. Mungos to make sure he was still alive.

Somehow they ended up on his couch, wrapped in a blanket, her in his arms, with her examining the ring he had placed on her finger, both of them content.

With her in her arms he felt like he was at home, like he was whole and that a pice of him was no longer missing. She started laughing for no apparent reason, but his mood at the moment agreed with laughing and so he joined her. They laughed like that for a few minutes, like they were little kids giggling at the most inane thing. She was fun and carefree and made him feel that way when she was with him.

He knew that no matter where he went, for however long they were separated, no matter what he said, he would always love the girl in his arms.

She spun the ring around on her finger and he watched her. He grinned, knowing that he could get used to seeing that ring on her finger.

He felt free and clean. This was a whole new beginning for them. The past didn't matter, only their future together did.

He loved her and now he was going to marry her.