Unofficial Portkey Archive

Time-Traveling Meddler by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Time-Traveling Meddler

Harrys Mistress

Okay, so here's a new fic by me! Don't worry "sleeping" fans, I'm not finished yet with that story. Having a little bit of a set back and this story popped in my hand and you guys know how I get anxious. I sometimes write faster when I have one than more story going anyways and "sleeping" is almost finished. I've even written half of the next part.

This story is a fun one, and I hope you guys enjoy it. I wanted to go ahead and post it and get a feel for what you guys think. If you like where it's going let me know!

~HM

Time-Traveling Meddler

Chapter 1

James had thought he would spend another harmless night at home, lounging in bed with all his freshly bought books scattered around him. Little did he know that wasn't going to be the case.

James was finally going to Hogwarts for the first time in only a few short weeks! A moment he had been looking forward to since that day he had watched Sirius walk through Platform 9 ¾ just six years ago. He was only four, but he remembered sitting on top of his Dad's shoulders, waving goodbye to his brother.

His sister Kylie, who was eight then, stood next to Dad, holding his hand while she waved as well with her free one. He remembered how his very pregnant mum had insisted on taking him through the barrier, making sure he got on the train safely.

"I'll stay with the kids, luv," his dad said to her, kissing her softly. "Go on with Stretch here." Dad had ruffled Sirius' hair who grinned up at him at the sound of his nickname..

James was young, but he remembered it perfectly and two years later he had to watch Kylie go while he stayed behind with his Mum and two-year old sister, Lily. Kylie had always been a Daddy's girl and wanted Dad to go with her to the platform. Dad had smiled, squatting down to her and tweaked her perky nose. "Of course I'll go with you, pumpkin." Dad and his nicknames…jeez. Dad called him Jaybird a lot, after the bird, because he was such a natural flyer.

Now it was his turn and he was finally going to go through the barrier while his little sister stayed behind. The best part was, he was going with his two best friends in the whole world. Mallory & Clark. James couldn't remember a moment in his life when Mal and Clark weren't in it. They had been friends since the moment they were born. It was expected, since all their parents grew up together years ago. It was kind of cool.

He was just finishing up the first chapter of Standard Book of Spells; Grade One, when someone knocked on his door. "Yeah, come in." The door opened and James smiled at his mum. "Hey."

"Hey, yourself." She looked at his books and smiled. "Looking forward to school?"

"Do Hippogriffs fly?"

His mum laughed and his heart fluttered. He always made her laugh…he loved making his mother laugh. "You do get your sense of humor from your father."

"And you," he added. "You're funny too, Mum."

"Oh…well…you're sweet to say so." She walked over and sat on his bed. "I wanted to talk to you before your father and I leave."

He gave a little shrug as he continued reading, only to have his book closed by his mum. He looked up, then sighed when she had that familiar one brow arch upwards. "Yeah, okay. I'm listening."

"Sirius and Kylie are in charge."

"Aww mum…can't Hagrid baby-sit?"

"He hasn't baby sat since the time he accidentally set the couch on fire."

His eyes lit up. "Yeah, it was awesome."

"Sirius and Kylie," she repeated. "We've ordered pizza…and I want you to go take a bath before bed. I mean it, you smell like the backyard."

"Only because Sirius tackled me," he grumbled.

"One more thing…and it's the most important." James looked up and waited. "No going in our room."

James blinked. "Er…yeah, sure Mum."

"I mean it," she said firmly staring him down. "And whatever you do…do NOT touch anything on my dresser."

"Well, golly Mum…."

"Especially, the silver heart shaped jewelry box…and do NOT look inside it."

James was speechless as his mum looked sternly at him. Why was she acting like this? She was looking like she knew something he didn't know. Why was she being so specific about that one jewelry box? "Er…y-yeah, sure."

She smoothly got up from the bed and walked to the door, then turned around giving him a little smirk before closing the door.

"What the bloody hell was that?"

He was quite at dinner. While his siblings were running around grabbing pizza, all talking at once, he sat at the table hardly touching his pizza. Something that wasn't like him at all. It was gnawing at him. What was she up to? Curiosity was killing him and it was curiosity that made him sneak down the hall later that night.

He slowly passed Sirius' room, where he could hear his muggle music blaring from inside, then slid by Kylie's room who was chatting on her new wizard 'link. Probably Jordan, he thought as he rolled his eyes. He got to Lily's room and being the protective brother he was, stuck his head to make sure she was asleep, before continuing on to his parent's room.

He took one shaky breath, gathered up his courage before opening the door. "Merlin, please don't let my Nimbus Millennium 5000 be taken away for this."

The room was dark, but the huge skylight above their bed, helped the moonlight laminated the room. His barefoot was silent against the carpet as he made his way to his mum's dresser. The top was scattered with fancy glass bottles and jewelry boxes. His sister Lily liked to fiddle with them, sniffing the ones his mum held out to her, while he and his dad wrestled on the huge bed.

He lifted one of the bottles and brought it hesitantly to his lips and smiled. It smelled like Mum.

His eyes then shifted to the sliver heart-shaped silver box that gleamed in the moonlight. He looked around, making sure he was still alone before picking it up. On the front of the box there was fancy lettering that read: my love.

"You're such a softy dad," he said out loud as he brought it to his ear and shook it gently. Something jangled inside and he frowned. What was it? Coins? Jewelry? Why didn't his mum want him to open it? He put it back down, biting his lip as he took a step back. He should go. He should just turn around and go.

Then, that smirk she had given him flashed in his mind and he quickly snatched it back up. He opened the lid, frowning at the small pile of gold nestled inside. He reached inside and pulled out to reveal a long gold chain. A charm that looked like an egg timer dangled in front of him. What was so important about this?

James sighed as he set the box down and but the long chain around his neck. Still confused he examined the small egg timer closer and noticed the tiny knob on the side. He gripped the knob with his thumb and forefinger and twisted it.

"Cool," he said aloud as the egg time rotated, smiling as he kept turning it over and over again. "Jeez, what's the point?" James rolled his eyes as he turned it one more time, before finally stopping.

By the time he opened his mouth to scream, his feet already lifted from the floor and the world faded to black.

XXX

October 1997

"It's such a beautiful day." Ginny sighed and since her boyfriend didn't, she reached out for his hand. "Isn't it a great day?"

Harry gave a shrug. "Yeah." He looked around. "Kind of cold."

"It's October….I love fall."

"I hear there's going to be a costume party on Halloween."

"Yep, I'm sure it will be fabulous." Harry said nothing and Ginny had to fight back a sigh. "It's nice that you were able to come back to school."

Hogwarts did remain open during Harry's seventh year, but him and his friends were too busy chasing clues for the location of the Horcurxes. When school started a new year a few months ago, McGonagall offered them to finish school, along with Draco.

Draco had been a surprise asset to the defeat of Voldemort. Harry assumed he was loyal to Voldemort to the very end, but Draco shocked both sides when he abruptly turned to their side.

"I had watched my dad kill Snape," Draco had told him later. 'Orders by the Dark Lord. Turns out Snape really never betrayed Dumbledore…he had no choice. Dumbledore and Snape both knew it." Their new friendship was still growing, but Harry definitely respected him a whole lot more.

"Harry, are you even listening to me?"

"Hmm?" Harry shook his head clear. "Sorry, my mind was…wandering."

This time Ginny didn't hold back a sigh. "Harry, it's been six months since you killed him. You were distant and I understood at first…I gave you space." Harry looked over the lake, but remained silent. "We just got back together a month ago and I was the one that initiated it because I was tired of waiting for you."

Harry let out a short laugh, remembering how Ginny shoved him in a broom closet. He didn't have enough time to blink when Ginny started snogging him. "You were pretty direct."

"You weren't complaining at the time."

He shrugged. "I guess not."

"Harry, can't you look at me?" Ginny gave him a tug with his hand when he started to walk off. "When are you going to stop looking at me with blank eyes?"

"I'm sorry, Ginny…I'm just…"

Whatever he was going to say ended with a gasp when he saw the small body hit the ground. "Oh my god," Harry whispered.

"What?" Ginny asked and then gasped when she saw the body lying a few feet away. "What happened?"

"He…it was like he came out of the sky." Harry then took off towards the body who still remained perfectly still on the grass. He was lying on his stomach and his face was turned away. Harry slowly bent down on his haunches and reached around to check for a pulse. "He's alive," he told Ginny who had just caught up with him.

"Looks like a first year," Ginny said squatting down next to him. "His hair is kind of like yours, Harry."

"I noticed that." Harry then frowned when he saw the glint of gold reflect off the sun around the boy's neck. He carefully pulled at the chain and his heart dropped when he saw the egg-timer. "He's wearing a time turner."

"A time turner?"

"Yes, Hermione had one during third year. We used it to save Sirius."

"Really?"

Harry nodded. "This looks a little different. More…fancy, I guess you could say."

The boy then let out a groan as he shifted on his stomach.

"Looks like he's coming around." Harry placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and slowly began to roll him over on his back.

Ginny's gasp said it all. He had his hair, something he noticed right away, but he also had his face. He had the same eye shape as his and the same chin, but his nose was a little different.

"Harry, do you think it's you?"

"No." Harry shook his head and then brushed the bangs back to reveal a bare forehead. "No scar."

"What about your dad?"

It was a possibility, but he didn't think so. "I don't know, Gin."

The boy moaned again, this time his eyelids fluttered until finally revealing Harry's identical green eyes. "Hey," Harry said softly. "Take it easy…can you hear me?"

The boy squinted as he nodded his head. "Yeah."

"What's your name? Can you tell me your name?"

His head was killing him and he felt dizzy and nauseous, but the familiar calming was comforting. "J-James."

Harry's heart skipped a beat and shared a quick look with Ginny. "James who?"

What was going on…where was he? James felt himself start to slip back under but he focused his eyes on the person looming over him. His vision started to blur, but the face was familiar. But it couldn't be who he thought he was, this person didn't know who he was.

"Kid…hey kid, stay with me…look at me." Harry watched the boy's eyes focus on him and then opened his mouth to say something. "That's it…take your time."

"Da….Dad?"

Harry froze and before he could even react the boy's fainted, lying limp on the grass once again. "Did…did he just call me dad?"

Ginny's eyes were wide as her hand covered her mouth in shock.

That was enough to let him know he did in fact heard the boy correctly. Dad? It made sense, he guessed, due to the fact the kid looked exactly like him. Except for that nose. "He said…Ginny, this is my son."

"I can't believe this," Ginny whispered. "What's he doing here?"

"I..I have no idea, but we need to get him inside."

"Should we take him to the hospital wing?"

"I..I don't think that's a good idea." Harry shook his head as he watched his son sleep. His son. Bloody hell, that was weird. "If this gets out, the media would have a field day about this. We need my invisibility cloak." He looked over at Ginny. "Go inside and get Hermione. She used my cloak last, she wanted to do some late night studying without anyone disturbing her."

Ginny nodded as she looked at the boy, trying to find any resemblance in her, but couldn't see anything. That didn't mean anything though, she assured herself. He could just have gotten all of Harry's genes. "Where do you want to take him?"

"We'll take him back to my room," Harry looked at the boy who was coming around again. "Go on and hurry Ginny, I don't want anyone else to see him. Inform Hermione about what happened and bring her along."

Ginny was about to argue why Hermione had to come, but decided against it. The last thing she needed was another fight between her and Harry over Hermione. "Okay, I'll be right back."

As Ginny ran off towards the castle, Harry stared down at James who was struggling to open his eyes. His futuristic son was lying right in front of him and he didn't have a bloody clue on what to do.

Hermione, he thought assumingly. She'll know what to do. She always knew what to do.

XX

That's all I have so far! So? Wanna know what happens next? Let me know!