Unofficial Portkey Archive

Time-Traveling Meddler by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Time-Traveling Meddler

Harrys Mistress

Well here's the next chapter! Only a few more chapters left! I'm ready to wrap this one up! And maybe…just maybe another story is in the works. A story I want to get out before the last and final book. So enjoy this one for now! Love you guys!

~HM

Chapter 11

"Just go and talk to her, Harry," Hermione said nudging him a little as they lingered just inside the Great Hall. "You're the one that said you weren't worried."

"Yes, but I still don't want to hurt her," Harry said as he watched Ginny laughing with friends at the table. "I know we're not getting married, but I still care about her. She's obviously going to be a part of our lives, our kids call her Aunt Footie. I mean…what's that all about?"

Hermione's lips twitched up into a smile. "I don't know, but maybe you should ask her? Might mean something to her."

Harry took a deep breath. "All right, I'm going. Would you mind tracking down Dobby, make sure he gets breakfast to James?"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it."

"And grab me a couple of pieces of toast, okay? I'll meet you outside of Transfiguration."

"All right, now…woah there Harry," she said slapping a hand to his chest when he leaned down to kiss her. "Public place…lots of people around that still think you're with Ginny."

"Oh." He grinned as he leaned back. "Right. Sorry. Habit already."

Hermione smiled. "That's quite alright. Now go already."

"Right. I'm going." He hitched his back on his shoulder than playfully tugged her hair. "Love you," he said with a wink before walking away.

"Ditto," Hermione called out causing him to turn around and share a quick grin.

Harry made a beeline straight to Ginny, feeling more guilty when he realized how happy she looked. She'll understand, he assured himself. She'd have to, there was no other option. She wasn't her future, Hermione was and the sooner she found out the better for everyone.

"Ginny."

She looked over from the wizard magazine she was sharing and her smile faltered for a moment, before quickly slapping it back into place. "Harry. Hi."

"Hi," he said resisting rolling his eyes when the girls started to giggle. Didn't they ever grow out of that? Hermione never giggled. Well…that wasn't true, but she only giggled when it was appropriate. Like last night. He made her giggle a lot last night….and this morning during their snogging session and of course the tickle fight. Especially when James and him turned on her. She had such a great laugh. So damn cute and…

"Did you need something, Harry?"

"What?" Harry shook his head clear. "What? Oh. Sorry. Yes. Er…can we go somewhere and talk?"

"Sure," she said sending the girls into another fit of giggles. Unlike him though, Ginny did roll her eyes as they walked away. "Sorry. They just can't seem to help themselves."

He laughed. She did always seem to make him laugh. "That's all right, I'm use to it I guess. Let's go outside, it's nice out."

"Fine with me."

Harry held the door open for her and didn't speak until they were a good distant from the castle. He walked to the edge of the lake and she stood beside him, waiting for him to talk. "Seems like forever ago when I first traveled over this lake. So many things happened between then and now."

"Yes," she agreed. "That's life I guess. Never know where it's going to take you."

"Exactly," he said giving her a smile and turned to her so his back now faced the lake. "Ginny, you know I care about you, right?"

Ginny's eyes softened. "Of course I do, Harry. I care for you, too. Very much."

Harry winced. "Merlin, don't say that. It makes it worse."

"Worse? What are you talking about?"

"Something happened last night," he said shoving his nervous sweaty hands in his pocket. "I…Hermione and I….we were talking and…Merlin, how do I say this?" Harry pinched the bridge of his nose hoping the right words would come out of his mouth. "The thing is, Ginny, I found out who James' mother is and…I'm sorry, but it's Hermione."

Ginny kept her eyes trained on him. "Hermione?"

"Yes, I…I'm sorry, I…I kissed her. I know I shouldn't have, because technically we're together, but…it just kind of happened and…what are you smiling about?"

"You hooked up with Hermione last night?" Ginny asked with a hint of amusement in her voice.

"Yes, I…" Harry frowned. "Sorry. I don't wish to hurt you, Ginny but…oaf!" Harry stumbled back when Ginny launched herself into his arms. "Ginny, what…."

"Oh Harry, that's wonderful!" Ginny let out a delightful laugh then gave him a friendly loud smacking kiss on the mouth. "I was so worried!"

"Worried?" Harry shook his head clear when Ginny stepped back. "I'm confused…what were you worried about?"

"Well, turns out you weren't the only one who cheated last night," she admitted with a chuckle. "Draco and I…well, we had are rounds last night and one thing lead to another and…we were fooling around in a broom closet."

Harry blinked. "Really?"

"Yes and a part of me felt bad and I was going over what I was going to say to you and then this happened and a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders." She let out another laugh as she gave him another hug. "I didn't want to hurt you. You still mean so much to me."

Harry smiled softly, running a friendly hand over her hair. "You matter to me, too. I don't want to say like a sister, because we've snogged before, but…you matter to me. You always will, Ginny."

Ginny's eyes shimmered now as she leaned back. "You're making me cry, Harry." She smiled through her tears when he conjured up a handkerchief. "Thanks. You were always good at that."

"You cry a lot. I had good practice." He smiled. "Are we okay now?"

"Yes," she said dabbing away the rest of her tears. "And I'm happy for you and Hermione. Truly. There was a reason I was always jealous of her, deep down I knew she was meant for you."

"I hope Draco knows how lucky he is to have you."

"He does and I'm looking forwards to reminding him how lucky in the future," she teased with a smirk, making Harry laugh and throw a friendly arm around her.

"You know my kids call you Aunt Footie," Harry told her as they made their way back to the castle. "What's that about?"

Ginny's eyes softened. "Oh, that's sweet. My father called me that when I was little. It was his own personal little nickname."

"I never heard him call you that."

"Oh, he wouldn't dare do it in front of anyone else. Knew I'd get embarrassed. But I'm not embarrassed anymore and it's a nickname I'm fond of. It's nice to know they'll call me that."

"You'll have a brood of your own, according to James," Harry teased with a friendly bump with his hips. "Keep you and Draco busy."

Ginny smiled at the thought. "We only know of Clark now, but I'm sure we'll have more."

"Apparently you do. Your…sorry, I won't say anything if you don't want me to."

"No, go ahead," Ginny said. "I'd like to know."

"James was talking a lot this morning after our family tickle fight. He kept saying how Sirius…my oldest…and Riley were going to have a blast here. I asked who Riley was and he said that she was Uncle Draco and Aunt Footie's oldest."

Ginny's eyes filled again and dug out the handkerchief. "Really?"

"Yes. Really. Crazy isn't it?"

"Oh, it's wonderful," she said blowing her nose. "Look at me, leaking everywhere."

"It's understandable," he said giving her a little one arm hug as they kept walking. "And look who's up ahead, glaring at me like he wants to kill me."

Ginny looked up to see Draco standing just outside the front entrance of the castle, crossing his arms over his chest with a scowl on his face. "Oh, he'll get over it. He needs to know you're going to be a constant in my life."

"Good," he said as they walked over to him and just because he knew it would piss Draco off, he turned and kissed her cheek. "Thanks for the talk…Aunt Footie." He then walked off, giving Draco a pat on the back. "She's all yours, I'm going to go track down my girl."

Draco scowled after him then turned toward Ginny, preparing to say something stupid, but then his eyes softened. "You've been crying." His eyes then hardened. "Did Potter make you cry?"

"Yes, the jerk," she said with a laugh as she wiped her cheeks dry. "I love him for it." She then smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "All good tears, Draco, so no worries."

Because he wanted to and because he could, he leaned down to kiss her softly. "I don't care to see you cry."

"I know and it's sweet," she said placing her head on his shoulders. "But it's going to happen from time to time, seeing that I'm a sentimental sort, so you best get use to it."

Draco placed his cheek on the top of her head. "Okay. All this is new to me, Ginny, but I promise you I'll try to do my best by you. I'm not good with words and although I…I love you…it might be hard for me to say it from time to time."

"I don't need fancy words, Draco," she assured him as her heart simply soared up and over into his hands. "I just need you."

"You have me." He turned and kissed the top of her head and she leaned her head back so their eyes could meet. "Tell me."

She didn't need to ask what, she knew what he was asking. She also knew that it was a phrase that he never heard growing up and she was more than pleased to be the first to tell him. "I love you."

Draco closed his eyes as emotions he never felt before…emotions that both terrified and excited him…swept through him like one rapid gush of wind. He couldn't seem to find words to say, so he simply opened his eyes, looked deeply into hers, and closed them again as he kissed her with everything he had. Pouring himself into the kiss.

He may not be able to give her words, but this he could give her. He could always show her how much he needed her. His life would be an empty void without her and it pleased him to know that she wasn't going anywhere. That his life will be anything but boring with her by his side. She would frustrate him, bump heads with him constantly, then drive him bloody crazy.

He couldn't wait.