Unofficial Portkey Archive

Time-Traveling Meddler by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Time-Traveling Meddler

Harrys Mistress

Yes, yes, I know it's been awhile. Busy, busy, blah, blah…sorry! Family stuff, Easter, work and all that jazz rolled into one! This story is going to start wrapping up! I hope you've enjoyed it! Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 10

Harry figured the best way to wake up his future wife was with soft, lazy kisses and oh boy, was he right. He loved the small throaty moan that vibrated against his mouth, then the way her long, lean body stretched sensually against his. He felt her lips curve against his, then laughed softly when she playfully nipped at his bottom lip.

"Morning," he murmured, grinning lazily.

"Mmm, morning," she moaned sleepily as they both shifted until they lied side by side facing each other. "Sleep okay?"

Harry smiled softly as he brushed back her hair, knowing that was her way of asking if he had any nightmares. "Never better." He pressed her body close to his, kissing her long and deep, then pulled back slightly and held out her shirt. "Might want to put this on…not that I mind seeing you like this."

Hermione flushed when Harry fiddled with the strap of her bra that had fallen over her shoulder. "I forgot."

"I sure didn't," he said leaning down to trail kisses along her bare shoulder as he pulled the strap in place. "One day soon, I'll do that in reverse, but for now…better put this on."

Hermione shuddered against him. "You sure know how to stir me up."


"Darling, that's so sweet."

Hermione chuckled as she sat up, slipping her wrinkled blouse back on while he pulled his cotton tee back over his head. "What time is it?"

"Still early yet." Harry picked up his glasses that had fallen on the floor, slipped them back on. "Just thought we should both get up so our son wouldn't walk in on us like that."

Hermione's heart lurched. "Our son." She gave him a wobbly smile. "Still can't get use to hearing that."

"Well start getting use to it," Harry said cupping the back of her neck, bringing her in for a long hard kiss. "We're going to have two of them you know, so we'll be saying it a lot in the future."

Hermione grinned. "Okay." She kissed him back, short lingering kisses that seemed to melt her heart. "I guess I should go on up."

"Yeah," he agreed but kept on kissing her, sliding his tongue in for a quick taste. "Should go up."

"You need…mmm…stop kissing me in…oh my…order for me to go."

Harry pressed his lips to her throat. "In a minute."

"Sure thing," she said then let out a laugh when he playfully tackled her onto her back.

It took him awhile, but Harry finally made himself pull away. He had walked her to the foot of her stairs, shared a few goodbye kisses, then separated. James was still sleeping when he got to his room, so he snuck in the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Twenty minutes later, he stepped out half dressed in his school uniform. He was drying his hair with a towel as James was just waking up. "Morning."

"Morning," James yawned sleepily.

"Sleep okay?"

"Yeah," he muttered as he rubbed his eyes. "Forgot where I was."

"Understandable." Harry went to his wardrobe closet to finish getting dressed. He still wasn't used to the huge walk-in closet that he had and he only needed a third of it. "We have classes today, so you'll have to hang around here."

James frowned. "By myself? All day?"

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to tell everyone to come see you in between classes, okay?"

"Can't you play sick?"

"Right, like Hermione would let me. Look, why don't you get dressed and come down when you're ready. Your m…er…Hermione and I will be downstairs waiting."

James sighed in defeat. "Oh, all right."

Harry smiled. "Your clothes are on the chair. Dobby had them washed. I'll see you down there."

Harry sighed as he made his way down the stairs. He felt really sorry for him. Who would want to stay in a room cooped up all day? Maybe he could skip Diviniation. He was doing pretty good in that class and it was half bull shit anyway. So yeah…he would skip Diviniation and come back here…maybe play some chess or exploding snap with his son.

He was just walking into the common room when Hermione was wobbling through the portrait hole, with a pile of books in her arms. She had so many piled high in her arms he could only see her brown eyes peering over the top book. "Well for goodness sake, Hermione," he said rushing over to help her before she lost her balance. "Here, hold still."

Harry took more than half of the pile and Hermione let out a breath of relief. "Thanks. Almost didn't make it."

"What's this all about?" he asked placing the books on the table, then grabbed the rest of Hermione's and plopped it down as well.

"I just thought…with James being stuck here all day…maybe he'd want to read a book or two?"

Harry lifted a brow. "A book or two?"

"Well…I don't know what he likes," she let out a exasperating breath. "He's technically not my son yet."

"I know," he said smiling softly as he stepped to her and touched her cheek briefly. "And this was sweet of you to do. I already talked to him and he's kind of bummed at the idea of moping by himself."

"I'm sure he is. I got some first year books. Oh I know they will be way outdated to his books, but I thought it couldn't hurt. I also got some books on Quidditch. He's your son after all, so he must like Quidditch."

Harry grinned as he pulled her in his arms. "You're a sweetheart, you know that?" he asked bending down for a kiss.

Hermione blushed as she looked away. "I am not."

Harry just chuckled and nuzzled her neck. "Yes, you are. My sweet Hermione."

"Now you're just being foolish," she said although her heart did a little flutter at his endearing words. She giggled when he started to rain tiny kisses along her soft skin. "Harry, cut it out."

She tried to wiggle away, but he held on tighter. "Uh-uh. You're stuck with me now, my love."

"Well that's more like it!"

Hermione gasped as they sprang back from each other. "James," Hermione said breathlessly. "I…we…"

"Well, it's about time you figured it out," James said with a roll of his eyes. "Jeeze it was torture watching the two of you. Then I come down and see you two canoodling and Dad calling you, 'my love' like he always does. Usually…the sight makes me gag…but I can say it's quite welcoming now."

"James," Harry started.

But he was only getting started. "I'm glad the two of you worked it out, I have to say I was a little worried last night when you ran out after Dad kissed you and…"

"You saw us?" Harry asked surprisingly getting a word in.

"Oh…yeah, I was awake the whole time," he told him waving it off like it was nothing. "I got to witness my parent's first kiss. Kind of cool if you think about it, I mean what kid can say that?"

Hermione put a hand to her head. "My head's spinning."

Harry put a hand on her shoulder. "Hold onto me if you're going to faint."

"Sorry…guess I'm rambling…I'm just so excited." He looked at Hermione. "Now that you know, I can call you mum, right? I mean calling you Hermione all this time was so weird."

"Oh. Well." Her eyes and heart softened. "Of course you can."

"Great," he sighed with relief and ran up to throw his arms around her waist. "Thanks, Mum."

Hermione's eyes shimmered as she stroked his hair. "You're welcome."

"Hey," he said leaning back and looking over her shoulder. "What's with the leaning tower of books?"

"Oh." Hermione flushed. "Well, I just got you some books to read. A lot of first year books. I realize they are way outdated from yours but I thought it couldn't hurt."

"No, it's great Mum…thanks…er…I just…I've already read all my books."

Hermione blinked. "You have?" she asked in pure awe.

He nodded enthusiastically. "Yup. Every word."

Harry snorted a laugh. "He's definitely your son all right…ugh!" Harry doubled over in pain when Hermione elbowed him in the gut. "Jeez, Mione…it wasn't an insult."

James snickered. "Good one, Mum."

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Traitor."

He just shrugged. "Sorry."

"Oh, sorry are you?" Harry asked as he straightened with a gleam of playfulness in his eyes. "Oh, you'll be sorry, kiddo."

Knowing all too well the look on his dad's face, James let out a joyous laugh as he tried to flee. Unfortunately and like always, his dad was too fast and caught him around the waist, tackling him onto the couch. Although he tried to wiggle away and fight back, he loved ever minute of it.

"Be prepared for the chest rubbie," Harry said as he pinned his arms behind his head.

"No, not that," he protested and then busted out into a fit of giggles when he rubbed his fist against his chest over and over again.

Hermione laughed as she watched then shook her head hopelessly. "Oh Harry, leave James alone," she said swatting him on his back.

When his dad released him James collapsed dramatically in defeat. "Thanks, Mum."

"And let me have a go at it," Hermione said suddenly and pounced her son.

Once again James laughter filled the room as the tickle torture continued.