Unofficial Portkey Archive

Time-Traveling Meddler by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Time-Traveling Meddler

Harrys Mistress

Here's the next update! It's a good one, so enjoy!!

Chapter 9

Harry nodded as he pursed his lips as the frustration started to rise. "You know, what? You're right…we don't know if we'd work that way…we might not even have any sexual chemistry."

"R-right," Hermione agreed as she started to shift away. "So why don't we just forget it and I'll see you tomorrow."

Harry grabbed her arm before she could slip out. "Or we could just find out now," he said and then crushed his lips to hers.

He kissed her hard, mostly out of frustration with Hermione's lack of confidence. He slipped his fingers into her hair, moving one hand to the back of her neck as he kept his lips pressed urgently against hers.

She made a sound from the back of her throat, a high pitch moan of shock then a wistful sigh when her whole body began to melt under his touch. The kiss suddenly turned unbearably soft, their lips absorbed, flirted and nipped. Heat spread throughout his body like wildfire, giving him a sense of comfort he so rarely felt. Just as he was going to sink into that comfort, she made a small sound of protest and pulled away.

"Harry," she gasped placing a hand on his chest to keep his distance.

He reached up to cover her hand. "Hermione…"

"I'm sorry," she whispered, tugging her hand away. "I can't do this." She climbed hastily out of his bed. "I just can't."

He watched in utter disbelief as she fled the room and the shock of it stalled him a moment, before finally going after her. He was quick and luckily was able to stop her at the foot of the stairs leading to her room. Being a member of the opposite sex prevented him access to Hermione's wing.

"Hermione, wait." He grabbed her arm and spun her around a little harder than he meant to, causing her to tumble in his chest. He caught her around the waist, tightening his grip so she was pinned against him.

"Let me go," she demanded even though her voice was shaky and weak.

"No, I don't think I'm going to do that," he said and pulled her up off the floor.

Her breath caught in her throat as she found her face now even with his while her feet dangled in the air. "Put me down, I…Don't," she said turning her head away when he moved his face towards her.

"Don't what?"

"Kiss me again." She looked at him now with desperation in her eyes. "Not unless…"

His heart hitched. "Not unless what?"

Her eyes shimmered with tears as Harry caressed her cheek. "Unless you're sure…positive that you want to. Positive that it's me you want, because…because I couldn't bear getting my hopes up…thinking for a brief moment that James could be my son…only for that to be taken away because you decided this was a mistake. My heart would break. So be sure, Harry. Be sure."

Harry didn't say anything, couldn't say anything. Her words unraveled him and knew he would never forget the way her watery brown eyes pierced through him. His own eyes traveled across her face, touching here and there as he took in every curve, every crevice. Then he saw it. Something he had been looking for. Something that had been right in front of him all this time. "Ah…there it is."

Hermione frowned. "My nose?" she asked as he ran a finger down the length of it.

"Not just your nose…someone else has that nose. Someone I love very much."

Hermione's breath hitched in her throat when she understood his meaning. "Harry," she whispered as she shook her head in disbelief.

"He looks identical to me." He tapped the tip of her nose. "Except here. My son." He then kissed it. "Your son." His lips found hers in a soft kiss. "Our son."

Her eyes turned from disbelief to pure joy as her lips trembled into a smile. "Our son."

Their lips met over and over again while they laughed, cried and brushed away tears. It was a moment neither of them would forget, that instant when they both realized that they loved each other. That their lives would never be the same and that they would spend the rest of it together.

"Are you ever going to put me down?" Hermione teased as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He smiled as he touched his brow to hers. "No. Never."

Hermione just smiled touched his cheek affectionately. Harry then turned his head to kiss her palm and their eyes met. Brown meeting green and Harry felt as if everything made sense. His whole world was right side up and his life was this person. His Hermione.

"C'mon." He set her to her feet but linked their fingers. He never wanted to stop touching her. "Let's go to the common room." He gave her a mischievous grin. "And talk."

It made her laugh. The twinkle of amusement in his eyes as he nipped at her fingers. "All right. Lead the way."

Harry sat down, immediately opening an arm as Hermione easily curled next to him. The gesture made him smile, thinking how a few short hours ago they were sitting side by side on this couch, but didn't touch or lean into each other intimately like they were now. Funny how quickly things can change.

"Is this really happening?" Hermione asked breaking the comfortable silence.

Harry tilted her chin up so their eyes could meet. "It is." His lips curved as he brought her mouth to his. "Yes." He kissed her again, soft lingering kisses, for he was in no hurry, he had a whole lifetime of kisses to share with her.

Hermione sighed dreamily. "It's nice to know I get to kiss you for the rest of my life."

Harry grinned. "I was thinking the same thing." He watched her smile spread and her eyes brightened, then just as quickly her smile faltered and worry replaced happiness. "What's wrong?"

"Ginny." She bit her lip. "What about Ginny?"

Harry sighed as he shook his head. "To tell you the truth, I'm not that worried about it."

"But why? She loves you and…"

"No she doesn't. She might think she does, but she'll soon realize it's not me she's meant to be with." Harry chuckled when he saw she still looked puzzled. "Come on, Hermione. You're suppose to be the smart one. Think about it. Earlier, James said Draco married one of you three. It's not you…thank the gods…and we all know Luna only has eyes for our Ronnekins so…that leaves…"

"Ginny," she finished for him when it finally dawned on her. "Ginny and Draco."

"Crazy, huh?" Harry laughed. "It's a wonder they haven't killed each other…yet…I can't think of anyone more perfect for one another."

"I bet they'll have lots of make-up sex."

Harry choked out a laugh. "Hermione, you surprise me."

She grinned as she shifted up and nipped at his ear. "I'm not as innocent as you may think."

Harry shuddered when he felt her tongue tease his ear. "So I see." He then frowned as Hermione straddled his lap. "Wait, what do you mean by that? Have you…"

"Had sex?"

"Yeah."

"What if I said yes?" she asked as she fiddled with his messy bangs.

"Then I'd as you with who so I can track down and kill him."

Hermione laughed at how quickly he answered, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Well, then it's a good thing I haven't."

Harry felt a tingle of relief loosen around his heart. "That's a very good thing."

Hermione smiled softly as she touched pressed his hand to her cheek. "Kiss me, Harry. Good and proper. Kiss me until I'm convinced this isn't a dream."

"This is hardly a dream," Harry murmured leaning up nipping at her incredibly soft lips. "I'll be glad to show you just how real this is."

Their lips met, almost shyly, then parted. Tongue's seek out, touch, then caress all in one slow fluid motion. Sighs escaped and filled the room as hands explored undiscovered textures and curves. Harry plunged his fingers in her untamed hair, gripped strands as he tasted deeply, turning the kiss into need and passion.

Hermione responded without missing a beat, shifting on his lap so her body touched his in all the right places. Her mouth opened for him, letting him take all of her and more as she could only hold on for the ride. She gasped for air as soon as he removed his lips from hers, only to nip at her chin then down the arch of her neck. Clouded brown eyes rolled at the back of her head when she felt his hot breath and warm tongue branding her skin. "Bloody hell, Harry," she said huskily as she clutched handfuls of his hair.

"You smell fantastic," he whispered in her ear before sucking softly on her lobe. "I need to stop." He groaned when she grounded herself against him and he gripped her hips tightly in response. "Merlin, don't do that. I'll lose what little self control I have left."

"I like it that I can make you lose your self control," she responded as she brought his lips back to hers and they both devoured. They tasted each other quickly, biting and nipping in between as their hands started to grabble for each other's clothes.

Harry's hands were traveling up her leg and under her skirt while Hermione shoved and yanked at his shirt from behind his back. Harry pulled back to allow her to pull the shirt over his head and then moved his lips to her neck once more as his trembling hands fiddled with the buttons of her shirt. When there were enough undone to sneak a hand inside, he did so cupping her softly while the other hand finished the rest of the task.

She arched against his touch while she helped him pull the rest of her shirt off her shoulders. Her hands were trapped in the cuffs and Harry kept them captive as he trailed his lips back to hers. She didn't know how he did it, he was so fast but she blinked and he had her on her back. Her body writhed anxiously beneath him as she tugged her hands free, desperate to touch him.

"Hermione," he sighed as he nuzzled her neck while letting his body weigh down on hers. "Wait. God, I need a minute."

Hermione wrapped herself around him, moving her cheek against his hair. "What is it?"

"It's nothing." He kissed her neck before lifting his head up, propping himself on one elbow and brushed his hand over her hair. "Everything's perfect. You're perfect." He sighed and bent down for a kiss to reassure her that he wasn't having any doubts on how he felt. "I just…I wonder that we're going too fast. Most couples who start out don't know if they are going to make it or not and we do. We know we're going to marry we know exactly how many kids we'll have. What if knowing all that is making us go too fast." He linked his hand with hers, toying with her fingers before bringing them to his lips. "I don't want to mess this up."

"You won't. Couldn't." She smiled softly as she brought his fingers to her lips and returned the gesture. "But I see your point. There's no need to rush. I want our first time to be special and perfect. This isn't the time. Especially with our futuristic son sleeping just upstairs. You're exactly right."

He smiled. "Of course you understand. You've always understood me." He leaned down and playfully bit her little pointy chin he already loved so much. "Even during my moody and irritable days."

"It's a gift," she said as she trailed her fingers gently over his scar.

The gesture made his heart twist and his stomach churn. If he didn't already know in his heart she was the one, he would have fallen for her at that moment. "I love you, Hermione."

Hermione felt her heart skip a beat as her fingers paused in their caress. Then a smile formed on her lips, slowly as it stretched into a full smile while her eyes sparkled brilliantly. She framed his face with her hands and brought his head down, placing a kiss on his scar, then shortly after on his lips. "I've never loved anyone the way I love you."

"I know." Harry laid his head on her chest, listening the to sound of her heartbeat. "I realize that now. No one has loved me, looked out for me, cared for me in the way that you have. Do. I can lie here for the rest of my life, falling asleep at the sound of your heart beating."

"It beats for you," she said as she strummed fingers through his hair. "Since the moment I first saw you, my heart belonged to you."

Harry closed his eyes as he let her words flow through him and absorb into his heart and mind. It was something he had always yearned to hear. Someone loving him unconditionally the way Hermione did. They were more than just best friends. They were soul mates, soon to be lovers, then husband and wife, then parents. It was a scary journey, but it was exciting as well and he couldn't wait to get started.

"Ever since I could remember," he mumbled as the gentle stroke of Hermione's fingers were threatening to put him to sleep. "My heart felt empty. A empty void full of nothingness." Harry sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly, shakily. "Now…Now it's so full it almost hurts."

Hermione's eyes filled as she held him, planting a kiss on the top of his head. "Harry," she whispered. "I don't know what to say to that, except that you better get use to that feeling. Because I can assure you it's never going away."

Harry's lips tilted up. "Good, I don't want it to. I'm falling asleep."

Hermione laughed softly as she wiped away her tears. "Go to sleep then, Harry." She pulled down the quilt that was draped over the back of the couch and covered it over the both of them. "I'm not going anywhere."