Unofficial Portkey Archive

From London to Chicago by Marauders__x
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

From London to Chicago

Marauders__x

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: Thank you guys once again for reviewing! I'm sure you'll like this chapter. No doubt. ;)

Chapter Four: There's Too Much To Do

Hermione was back at work scribbling down the things she had to do last night before Harry completely changed her mind. She was thankful she had a quick signature to sign the forms for the authorization. Signing the very last one from the file, she placed it back into the beige folder that Paula gave her along with the others.

"Hermione, we're behind work schedule now!" Paula said intruding into her office.

"No we're not. I finished the files this morning, checked the shipments downstairs, reorganized the books that came in for Norman Elementary, and called Mr. Dawson just an hour ago on his order," Hermione said not looking up at Paula as she was writing down a quick note.

Paula stood there transfixed at her and shrugged.

"How do you do it, Ms. Granger?"

Hermione looked up with a smile. "It's just the way I am."

Paula just nodded at that and from there left the office, but turned back.

"If you're finished with the folder, might as well send it down to Louis."

Hermione nodded and Paula left closing the door.

-

A beeping noise made him wake up from his nightstand. He groaned from the noise and lazily began to search for the snooze button. Finally he felt it and pushed it down.

"I have to turn off that alarm," Harry said groggily.

He was laying flat on his stomach across his bed, his head on his pillow and the sheets across his waist. He rolled over on his side and sat up. He looked around his room to find last night's clothes scattered on the floor.

"Hopefully she got up this morning," he mumbled to himself as he got off the bed.

He bent down to pick up a grey shirt and put it on. He ruffled his hair and snapped his fingers as the bed made itself. As he walked out of his room inside his flat, he noticed that his shirt smelled like her perfume.

He smiled and decided he should visit her at work or something. He had a feeling it would at least brighten up her day a little.

He picked up his wand on the way to the kitchen and had the coffee going. Every once in awhile he would smile out of nowhere because of last night.

Harry and Hermione had stayed up till who knows what time just … having a good time. They watched a movie together, Hermione explained her book company to Harry, and now that he was thinking of it, was flirting a lot with her. He couldn't help it because she was just so new. So new on how she reacted to things, new to her surroundings, new to her beautiful looks.

It made him go after her.

-

Hermione knocked on a solid oak door and immediately it was opened up.

"Done with those papers?" Louis said with a smile.

"Yeah they are," she said stepped inside and he closed up the door.

Hermione gave him the beige folder and turned around to open up the door again but was stopped by his voice.

"Hermione, please, sit down. I want to talk to you about something."

Louis sat down in his chair behind his desk and placed the folder in a pile that said OUT.

Hermione walked over to one of the chairs in front of his desk and sat down. She fixed her skirt and looked at him, ready to hear what he had to say.

"I noticed how well you've managed this business and a lot of people are buying books here more than the book store the Anderson's run. Of course you know how the Anderson's are pretty much scattered everywhere. They have a bookstore almost in every outlying city besides London."

Hermione nodded and looked at him curiously where Louis was taking this.

"What are you saying, sir?"

"What I am saying, Ms. Granger, is that I was wondering, that your business goes outside of the U.K, meaning," he said pointing a finger up, "Bringing it to the United States. New York, Boston, even Chicago!"

Hermione frowned a little from hearing this and Louis noticed.

"What? You don't like the idea? This could bring the company to wonders."

"It's a wonderful idea, Louis, though … that would mean I have to go to one of those cities in the United States and run it there for the rest of my life."

"Well, yes of course you have to. You're the maker of this company. Plus you'll be earning a lot of cash, Granger."

"How much?" she asked curiously.

"It depends how many stores you open up in the U.S."

Hermione leaned back in the chair she was sitting in and shook her head slightly.

"I'm guessing you want to think about it?" Louis asked seeing her reaction.

"Oh definitely," she said looking over at him.

"Alright, that's perfectly fine. But I really do want an answer from you about this. This could put the company to good business and I know you want that."

Hermione nodded and stood up from there. "I'll give you an answer, don't worry."

Louis smiled and stood up. He extended his hand out to her and she shook it.

"Can't wait for that answer."

Hermione walked out of his office and quickly walked down to her own office. She slammed her door closed once she got there and sat down in her chair. Paula jumped from the slam and peaked over into the hallway.

Hermione held her head and noticed a blue envelope on the side of her desk. She noticed it had no name and she opened it up.

Her eyes widened when she saw who it was from.

"Ron," she muttered and had tears welled up in her eyes.

She read the letter he wrote to her and she smiled sadly seeing how he was happy living up there in Romania near his job. Though her eyebrows shot up seeing how much money he was making. A broad smile broke out when she read on that he was coming to visit next week.

"I hope Molly got a letter."

-

"I think she should be in her office," Paula said to the same exact man who was standing yesterday in front of her desk hoping he could see Hermione.

"Thank you so much and my name is Harry just so you know. I might be visiting her every once in awhile," he said showing her one of his smiles.

"Well alright, Harry. You know where her office is, don't you?"

"Yes I do and thank you for letting me see her. I know how she's busy and all."

"It's amazing how she gets work down so easily," Paula said with a heavy sigh. She looked over at her own pile of work and shook her head.

Harry bit his lip trying not to laugh and then walked past her desk. "Thanks again."

"Oh no problem, Harry," Paula said as she watched him walk through the door.

-

Hermione was laid back in her leather chair, her feet up on her desk and a face that was tear stained. A knock was heard on her door and she looked over at it.

"Come in," she said and didn't even bother moving from the position she was in.

Harry opened up her door and smiled as he stepped in. He couldn't help but lay his eyes on her long legs that were on the desk. He closed the door gently behind him and Hermione turned her head.

"Harry," she said and immediately got up. She quickly ran over to him threw her arms around him.

Harry hugged her tight and let go of her afterwards. He looked down into her face and he noticed how her eyes were read and her face was with tears.

"Why are you crying?" he asked concerned.

"For a whole bunch of reasons," she said completely annoyed and walked away from Harry.

"What happened?" he asked following her around.

"Well, Ron finally wrote to me. He said he's living up in Romania really making a fortune and he's coming to visit next week," she said with a sad smile.

"That's wonderful to know. I bet the Weasley's are happy."

"I don't know if Molly got a letter or not. I was hoping to owl her later on when I get out of work."

"Is that why you're crying? Because of Ron?" Harry asked all of a sudden feeling a little jealous.

"No, it's about the company," she said walking up to her window and looked out at the muggy London street. More tears came and she looked down, shaking her head.

"My own boss who works alongside with me is considering I should bring my business to the States."

"Hermione, that's great!" Harry said smiling and came up next to her.

"No it's not, Harry," she said looking over at him. "That means I have to move there as well. I have to leave everything behind here to go over there for this to happen. He wants to open it up in the top most cities. New York, Boston, Chicago..," she said trailing off naming cities.

"Wait, what? You have to leave?"

Hermione nodded her head sadly. "I really don't want to," she whispered.

"I feel like someone is just overtaking the company and I really don't want that because it'll put me under so much and I hate that and I just feel that we're going to do horrible down in the States and I'm not ready to move out somewhere where I hardly know anything and Louis is just bringing so much upon me and -"

"Hermione, you need to relax here a bit. This is just too much pressure on you now," Harry said standing in front of her, holding her face in his hands.

"Who knew that something like this would happen. Now I have this to worry about alongside with Ron coming home finally and me almost losing you," she said through her tears.

Harry embraced her into his arms and kissed her forehead gently, letting his lips rest there.

"You won't lose me."

"How do you know for sure?"

Harry looked down at her and wiped away a few tears from her cheek.

"Because you promised me that we would stick together. I'm coming with you if you do go to the States."

"But Harry, I -"

"I'm going with you," he said softly looking into her eyes.

Hermione just looked back at him and nodded. She hugged him and Harry kissed her forehead once more, letting his lips rest there again. He held her close to him and closed his eyes.

-

Hermione walked into her house and looked at the clock reading it was already 9:00 pm. She sighed heavily and closed the front door, locking it.

She brought home work to do and wanted to plan on what she was going to do about this whole idea going to the states. Right now she just wanted to get away somewhere.

Hermione headed up the stairs, bringing along her work things. She walked over to her room and turned on the lights. She dropped her suitcase and some other things into a corner and closed her door.

She began to undress herself when she heard a voice.

"I doubt you want me in here to see you that."

She turned around to find Harry standing in front of her closet.

"Harry, what the hell are you doing in here?" she asked.

She was glad she didn't undress herself completely yet.

"I was waiting for you to come home. I wanted to take you out to dinner and let yourself relax."

"Maybe another time, Harry, I'm just so tired," she said and Harry nodded in understanding and walked across her room to leave.

Hermione fussed with her shirt and sighed heavily.

"Stupid button," she muttered and Harry looked over his shoulder, opening the door.

"Need help?" he asked, closing the door back up.

Hermione looked over at Harry and didn't know if it was right to let him or not.

"No funny business," she said tiredly and he nodded walking over to her.

He walked up to her and saw the button was just in the middle of her breasts. He swallowed hard and looked at her. Hermione was looking at him. "Well?"

"Right, sorry," he said and his hands gently undid the button.

Hermione looked down and shivered when she felt Harry's hand brush against her skin that was exposed from her shirt.

Harry saw the reaction and decided to take it a little further.

He undid the next button and continued down slowly.

Hermione was numb and knew this was going to end up somewhere bad. She couldn't move. His touch was just driving her insane.

He stopped noticing what he was doing and shook his head.

Hermione grabbed his hand and let it rest on her side underneath her shirt.

Harry looked at Hermione and she looked at him.

"You're driving me insane," she whispered seductively to him.

[AN]: Whoa, sorry to leave you there. I feel bad, yet evil. Haha.

I want a good review for this chapter!

Coming up in Chapter 5:

"You need help with that?" Harry asked resting his head on her shoulder.

Hermione looked over at him and looked bad down at her work on her desk. "No, but I am hungry," she said and sighed.

"You're making me hungry," Harry said huskily in her ear and Hermione closed her eyes.

Review please!

I'm stepping it up a notch.

-->