Unofficial Portkey Archive

From London to Chicago by Marauders__x
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

From London to Chicago

Marauders__x

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: This chapter consists of a lot of anger and jealousy. Just be aware of that.

Chapter Six: Little Fights Here and There

Molly placed the pie on top of the stove and motioned Hermione over.

"Hermione, dear, where do you put this now?"

Hermione looked over at Mrs. Weasley and smiled. "Here let me help you. Go ahead and sit down. I'll take it from here."

She went up to her and took the pie. Molly smiled at her and went over to Harry and Ginny at the table. Hermione opened up the oven and stuck in the pie. She put it on bake and then heard laughter from the table.

"I swear, Harry, you have no idea how much we missed you," Ginny said.

Hermione looked over her shoulder and saw Harry and Ginny giving each other looks. All of a sudden she got really jealous. She frowned a little and walked back over to the table.

"Hope I didn't miss out on anything," Hermione said and sat down next to Harry.

She smiled at him and Harry grinned at her.

"So Harry, what brings you back?" Molly asked curiously.

"A lot of things, really. You have no idea what I had to go through after the war."

"Bet you had trouble getting with someone," Ginny added and Molly sighed heavily, placing a hand over her eyes and shook her head.

When Ginny said that Harry actually looked over at Hermione and her eyes met with his. Hermione shook her head at him. "Don't," she whispered.

"Please excuse her," Molly stated and looked over at the two of them. "I think she had something before she left."

Hermione nodded and decided to get down to business. "So about Ron…" she started.

"Oh yes, please tell. I'm surprised he didn't owl us or anything," Molly said a bit surprised.

"He said in the letter that he was going to come home next week. You guys do know that he works up in Romania, correct?"

"We knew that ages ago, Hermione," Ginny said and Molly nodded.

"He did send an owl explaining about the job. All I'm curious about is why he didn't owl this time around that he was coming home," Molly said a bit irritated.

"Maybe he wanted to surprise you?" Harry insisted.

"If he was going to surprise them, then why did he send me an owl?" Hermione said looking over at Harry.

"Because he cares about you," Ginny said with a small giggle.

"Ginny," Molly forced on her.

"Well, yeah, I do care for him, too. I care about all of you guys."

"You care a little too much about me," Harry said leaning over to her. Hermione hit his foot from underneath the table and Harry winced in pain.

"What was that for?" he whispered harshly towards her.

The bell from the oven rang and Hermione quickly got up. "I'll go get the pie."

She made her way over the oven and heard Ginny giggling once more. She looked over her shoulder to find her and Harry talking about something. She opened up the oven carefully with a towel and Harry looked over at Hermione. She bent down and Harry smiled. Ginny watched as Harry got up and walked over to her.

"You need help?" he asked, putting a hand on her lower back.

"Can you get plates?"

Once she retrieved the pie from the oven, Harry leaned close to her. "You shouldn't bend down like that, you know."

Hermione looked up at him and he winked at her.

"Harry, get the plates," she stressed and bit her lip from smiling.

"Well can you bend down there and get them for me?"

Hermione shook her head at him and turned away from the stove. She bent down once again and Harry closed his eyes remembering last night. "Dear Merlin," he muttered under his breath.

"Here," she said handing them to him.

"Thank you and…," he wrapped an arm around her waist and put his mouth near her ear.

Hermione didn't know where this was going, but having his arm wrapped around her like that brought memories back.

"And," he whispered, "You'll drive any man crazy when you bend down. Especially if they know what's underneath there."

Ginny eyed them suspiciously and started getting ideas. "Harry?"

"Yeah?" he said as he looked over his shoulder.

Hermione just looked at him and slowly pulled away from his grip.

"Can I see you in the hall for a minute?"

"Alright?" he said a bit unsure. He passed the plates out and followed Ginny out in the hallway.

"What was that?" she asked him.

"What was what?"

"Hermione," she stressed.

"What about her?"

"Just now you were getting all touchy with her."

Harry rolled his eyes and looked back in the kitchen. Hermione was cutting the pie up while talking to Mrs. Weasley.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Harry, I saw what you were doing."

Ginny cornered Harry in the hallway and he looked at her curiously. "I haven't done anything to her, Gin, I swear."

"Then why are you looking at Hermione when she bends down to get something?"

The image of Hermione taking off her skirt filled his mind and he closed his eyes.

"You had sex with her didn't you?" Ginny said crossing her arms.

"Where did that come from?" Harry nearly shouted. "It's none of your business."

"It's my business to know something."

"Is that so? You're not my mother, Ginny and you aren't her mother either. Besides, why do you care anyways if we did or didn't?"

"Curious is all. She must be lucky to have a bloke like you having sex with her."

"Say one more word and I'll have you out of here faster than you know it," he threatened her.

"Is she good in bed? I doubt she is."

"What are you? Jealous or something?" he shouted at her.

Molly and Hermione turned to look in the hallway.

"Yes I am! Because we never did it!"

"Who the fuck cares, Ginny. I don't like you like that anymore."

Ginny's eyes watered up and she crossed her arms once again.

"Thought you did still," she said softly.

Harry shook his head at her and Molly came into the hallway with Hermione behind her.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing," Harry said and looked over at Hermione. "I'll be outside."

Hermione looked at him curiously. "Harry, are you alright?"

Harry put his coat on and walked out the front door, slamming it.

"Ginny, what did you do?" Molly asked furiously.

"I just wanted to know…"

Hermione walked past Molly and Ginny and walked over to the door. She opened it up and saw Harry sitting on the steps.

"Harry?" she said and held her arms close to her. She was stupid not to get her jacket.

Hermione sat down next to him and Harry looked over at her.

"Are you alright?" she asked him softly.

Harry just looked at her with sad eyes. "Come here," he said gently and placed an arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him.

"What happened?" she asked with concern in her voice.

"Apparently, Ginny likes to bring you up."

"Nothing new there. What'd she say?"

Harry looked over at Hermione and saw that her face was just inches away from his.

"She was just jealous," he whispered.

Hermione looked confused. "She's jealous of me?"

"She brought up how she and I never had sex or anything like that. Then she thought I was hitting on you or something back in the kitchen and -"

"You kind of were, Harry," Hermione said with a small blush.

Harry smiled at her and she just looked at him. "What can I say, Hermione you're amazing. I'm a pretty lucky bloke to have someone like you."

"I mean, I know last night was just a one night stand as you put it, but … that was probably the greatest sex ever."

Hermione shook her head and let out a small laugh.

"We're just friends that got carried away with a stupid button."

"I don't think so," he said and Hermione looked at him. "What we did last night is something I'll always remember. You're absolutely gorgeous, Hermione and don't say that you aren't. I know you may be just a best friend, but a best friend doesn't stand against the wall with her undergarments and heels on waiting to be sexed up by her best friend."

Hermione blushed red and closed her eyes. "I told you, Harry, I got carried away."

"I don't think you did. I think you were wondering on my reaction to that. The Hermione I know wouldn't just give herself like that."

She looked at him and he just looked back at her.

"I - " she stopped immediately and Harry shrugged.

"I know you're not telling me something."

Hermione watched as Harry stood up from the steps and walked down a few.

"We'll talk more tomorrow," he said and turned to look at her.

"You're going to help me find an outlet still, right?" she asked in a hopeful tone.

Harry just stared at her and nodded. "Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

Hermione stood up and rubbed her arms. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow."

Harry nodded once more and climbed up to her. He embraced her in a hug and she held onto him. They broke apart after a few minutes and looked at each other. Hermione patted his shoulder and turned around leaving him standing there. She walked back into the house to find Ginny and Molly going.

"Hermione, I think Ginny and I will be going. You can keep the pie if you like," Molly said. Ginny gave Hermione a look and Hermione gave back that same look.

"Owl me if you if you hear anything else about Ron."

Hermione nodded and said goodbye to Mrs. Weasley. Ginny hardly gave a goodbye to Hermione and that was fine with her. "Have a good night."

She watched as Molly and Ginny apparated and then she slouched down to the floor. Her eyes sprang tears and she began to cry. Too much was happening in her life. The only possible good thing she was looking forward to was Ron coming home next week.

Hermione wiped some tears away from her cheeks and sniffled a little.

The door bell rang and she looked at the door curiously. She got up from the floor, went to the door, and opened it.

"Harry, I thought you left?" she said and quickly wiped her eyes from the tears that were falling.

He stepped inside and Hermione was really confused. "Ok I thought you were leaving."

"Not until we get this figured out."

"Harry, we have tomorrow to figure this out," she nearly shouted at him.

"No, I want to settle this now."

He took off his jacket and threw it on the couch in the living room.

"Harry, come back tomorrow. We'll have all day to talk and you can he-" she was cut off by him with a fiery kiss.

Hermione's mind shut down and the memories of last night sprang into her head.

Harry broke the kiss and looked at her. "Please tell me you don't feel anything in that."

She just looked at him and was speechless.

"I bet you were thinking of last night. I kissed you like that for a reason. I kissed you like that last night for a reason, too. I want to know if what I feel you feel."

Hermione's eyes watered up once again and looked away from him. She ran up the stairs and Harry quickly followed her.

"Hermione!" he shouted and she ran to her room.

Before she could close the door, Harry stopped it with his hand.

"Harry, leave me alone."

"Not until I get a decent answer."

Hermione opened up her door furiously and walked right up to him.

"What kind of fucking answer do you want!?"

"I pretty fucking good one."

"Well what do you want me to do? Change my clothes and come out here like how I was dressed up last night to satisfy you?"

"You know that sounds a bit sexy if you ask me," he whispered in her face.

Hermione looked down and saw his hand slip under her shirt. His touch burned her skin, but she held in her voice. She didn't want him to know he was getting to her so easily.

"Harry, please," she whispered out and felt his hand travel up.

Harry placed his head next to her ear and started whispering sweet words to her. She closed her eyes and a tear fell down her cheek.

Did she really love him?

Well of course you do, Granger. You saw how you dressed up for him last night.

That's not the point! It was nothing.

He cares about you more than anything.

It hurts to know that it's true.

Hermione knew deep down inside of her she really did love him, but she was scared if it was true. She couldn't take it anymore. She just couldn't.

"Harry," she whispered out and another tear fell down her cheek.

Harry moved his head over and leaned his forehead against hers.

"I think you need to go," she said softly and turned around, opening her door. She looked at him and he was just standing there just looking at her.

"My answer to you is to get the hell out my house. We'll talk about this tomorrow and expect a really good answer from me."

She slammed the door in his face and Hermione covered her eyes.

She needed to call someone to talk to about this and she knew who.

[AN:] You know what to do after every chapter. Review, please.

Coming up in Chapter 7:

"Why are you scared about that?" Harry asked, holding her hand.

"I don't know, Harry. I mean, all the things we've done already frightens me. I don't want to get hurt or anything in the end," she said looking up at him.

"I promise you I will never hurt you like that."

"I know you won't … I just need time to think. To me I think we're rushing don't you think?"

-->