Unofficial Portkey Archive

From London to Chicago by Marauders__x
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

From London to Chicago

Marauders__x

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: We finally have Ron in this chapter, but we'll see more of him in the next one coming up. School will be starting up for me soon and I don't know if the updates are going to be the same. Might take a little longer but don't forget about this story! Plus I think my food poisoning is gone. :]

Chapter Nine: It's Good to Be Back

---

The blinds were still closed in Hermione's room. No sunlight was outside, but just a light drizzle. The room was dark and clothes were scattered all over the floor. There was movement on the bed and the covers slightly slid off of the lump that was there. A pair of dark, green eyes opened up and breathed in instantly the smell of warm vanilla. The memories of last night flashed through his head and he looked adoringly at the figure that he was in back of.

Hermione was still asleep since she didn't make any movement. Harry pushed himself up on one of his elbows and looked over her shoulder. His other arm was draped over her waist and he leaned forward, resting his chin on her shoulder. He never felt this way before. Not even with Ginny and not even close with his school crush, Cho Chang. Something about Hermione made him realize she was more than anything. After last night when they took it slow, he realized from there that he poured all of his true love into her and he hoped she knew.

He kissed her neck softly and hugged her against him. Hermione felt a tug and turned herself over. She rested her head underneath the crook of his neck and snuggled closer to him.

"Are you awake?" Harry whispered and she nodded against him.

"Thanks to you, yeah."

Hermione turned over once more and faced the ceiling.

"How'd you sleep?" Harry asked still propped up on his elbow.

She looked over at him and a small smile was on her face.

"Horrible, why do you ask?" she said, smirking.

"Just curious … I slept perfectly fine."

Harry slipped over on top of Hermione and she squirmed underneath him.

"You're crushing me," she said dramatically and he eyed her.

Hermione slightly laughed at his reaction and felt tickles all of a sudden on her sides.

"Harry, no!" she laughed and tried pushing him away until she felt his mouth on her neck.

"Oh Harry," she moaned out loud and he smiled against her skin.

He pulled the covers over them and laughter was heard from underneath.

"My do you look delicious," Harry commented and Hermione squealed.

"Harry, stop!" she said laughing once more.

She popped her head out from underneath the covers and crawled out, pulling some of the sheets with her. She wrapped them around her loosely and saw a hand sticking out from underneath the covers.

A head then popped out and Harry looked up at Hermione at the foot of the bed.

"You're too fast," he said and she rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm sorry I'm that fast, but we need to get moving."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to take a shower."

"Mind if I join you?"

Hermione looked over her shoulder at him as she was about to leave the room and he looked at her with a puppy dog pout.

"I'm afraid to use the words no funny business," she said, holding the sheets still.

Harry couldn't help but laugh and he smiled.

"Is that a yes then?"

"You can help me put on my body cream so my skin can stay smooth."

"After you dry yourself off?"

"After I dry myself off," she said with a small smile and left the room.

-

Harry was downstairs making both of them breakfast. He heard Hermione still in the shower and he was really anxious to put that body cream on her. The coffee was already ready and he decided not to pour it into the mugs yet. The omelets that he made were ready as well and left them on the stove so they would stay nice and warm for awhile.

"Harry!" Hermione shouted from the bathroom and he smiled.

Quickly he jogged over to the bathroom and slightly opened up the door. He peaked in and saw her searching for something. Hermione found her vanilla cream and she smiled when she saw him.

"Alright, go crazy on me," she said and he closed the door.

Hermione handed him the cream and he watched her slip off her bathrobe.

"I love that I get to do this," he said and put some of the cream in his hand.

He noticed that her knickers were already on and he shrugged.

"Did you make breakfast?" she asked curiously and felt the cold cream against her back as he rubbed it in.

"Yes I did. I made the coffee already and an omelet for each of us. I'm hoping they'll stay warm."

"Since when did you become an expert on cooking?"

"Good question," he said and she smiled.

Harry put more cream on his hand and moved in front of her. He smiled at her and she smiled back at him.

"So do you think Ron's going to be overjoyed once he sees us?" he asked as he started to rub it in on her chest.

"Of course he will be, Harry. He'll be even more excited to see - Oh Merlin," she moaned and he smirked.

"Did you really have to do that?" Hermione said and Harry just smiled at her.

"I couldn't resist," he said simply, giving her an innocent look.

He gently brushed his thumb over one of her hardened nipples and she pushed his hand away gently. Harry got more cream and kneeled down.

"What time is Ron suppose to come in and where?" he asked.

"Around noon at Kings Cross," she said while putting on her bra.

She quickly slipped on her sweatshirt and stepped away as Harry washed his hands. Hermione slipped on her jeans and fixed up her hair a little by putting it.

"You're wearing it up?"

"Yeah, why?" she asked curiously.

"I like it down to tell you the truth," he said while wiping his hands on a towel.

Hermione smiled at him through the mirror.

"Come on before breakfast gets cold," she said motioning towards the door.

-

Harry and Hermione were standing outside of Kings Cross waiting in the bitter cold. Harry was holding both of her hands in his so they wouldn't become cold.

"Did he say if he was apparating?"

"No he didn't. He just informed me he was coming in the station."

Both of them stood there for awhile and looked around for anyone who looked liked Ron at least. Harry sighed heavily, making a puff of air form from the cold.

"Where is he? He said he was suppose to be here at noon"

Hermione looked at her watch she currently had on and noticed it was past noon already.

"Ron should've been here exactly at noon."

"Well I went looking for you and couldn't find you," a voice came up behind them.

Hermione and Harry turned around and there was Ron, standing with a bag slung over his shoulder and a suitcase by his side. Hermione let go of Harry's hands and ran up to him to give him a hug.

"Oh Ron," she said and he hugged her back just as tight.

Harry stood there as he watched her hug him. Hermione broke away and smiled at Ron.

"Any luck from Harry?" Ron asked right away and Hermione looked over at him.

"He's right there," she said softly.

Harry waved at him slightly and Ron looked at him with an open mouth.

"Nah, it's not him."

Harry laughed and ruffled his hair, coming up to both of them.

"Oh it is, Ronnekins … Oh it is."

Hermione laughed and Ron did as well and both of the boys shared a small hug and a shake of hands.

"You smell like vanilla, Harry. What is it? New scent or something?" Ron asked with a smirk.

Hermione blushed and Harry looked over at her with a small smile.

"I doubt it would fit you though," he said and Hermione walked over to Harry's side.

"I got my own, really, but you have a lot of explaining to do."

Harry and Ron from there were unseperable. Both of them talked on and on and Hermione was happy. It was back how it used to be.

"So where are we exactly taking you?" Harry asked as they exited out of the station.

"I was thinking of going to my parents and staying there."

"Why didn't you owl them?" Hermione asked curiously.

"Because I-I felt that owling you would've been better."

"Why me?"

"Because you wanted to keep in contact with me. My parents hardly sent me a damn owl. Charlie kept saying things here and there about them. I thought they were fine, but now I guess they want to see me."

"Ron, they've been dieing to see you."

Harry nodded to that. "Yeah, mate, they really missed you."

"Alright … I'll go over there now and then later on tonight I'll come over by you guys. Catch up and everything. I've loads to tell you."

Hermione smiled and gave him a goodbye hug. Harry shook his head and watched as Ron disappeared into thin air. Immediately Hermione laced her hand up with Harry's and he looked down at her.

"Think it's going to go well?"

"Hopefully," Hermione said with a worried look.

"Thing is how are we going to tell him about us?"

"I actually forgot about that," Harry said truthfully and he shrugged.

"We'll find a way. Let's go back at the house and we'll search for whatever else we need for the trip to Chicago."

"Wait, Hermione," Harry said, tugging her hand. "We have to tell him about that too."

She frowned and sighed heavily. "It just gets harder and harder, doesn't it?"

Harry nodded looking at her and pulled her into a side hug.

"It'll be alright," he said softly and kissed her forehead.

-

Ron opened up his eyes and found himself in front of his house. He noticed it still looked the same since he left without any note and he felt he was going to get some punishment for that. He placed down his suitcase and gently knocked on the door.

Arthur was on the couch reading the Daily Prophet and Ginny was upstairs taking a nap from how drunk she was.

"Molly, someone knocked!" Arthur shouted and stopped reading.

He heard a ringing sound and looked at their family clock. He saw one spinning around aimlessly until it stopped. He looked at it closer and it was Ron's face signaling he was home.

Molly came through the back and walked past her husband.

"Well you could've gotten the door," she said with a roll of her eyes and she froze.

Arthur quickly came over to the door and stood beside his wife. Ron just stood there and smiled at them with one of his lopsided smiles.

"Mum … Dad," was all he could say and Molly immediately embraced him into one of her hugs.

Arthur patted his son's back and he smiled.

"Welcome home," he said and Molly was in complete tears.

"Oh Ron, oh I can't believe you're really here."

All Ron could do was just brace in the moment between the three of them. He missed the most from his parents, especially their company.

"Alright, dear, I think you're suffocating him now."

Molly slowly let go of him and Arthur helping his son with his suitcase and bag. Ron stepped in and smiled just looking around the place. It felt good to be back.

"Where's Ginny?" Ron asked curiously.

"She's upstairs taking a nap. We'll tell you about that later though," Molly said quickly going over to the stove and getting Ron something to eat.

"You have a lot to tell us, young man," his father said and lead him over to the table.

"Yeah, I know, Dad, I know. It's going to be a lot to tell."

Ron sat down beside his father and Molly placed a plate filled with his favorite foods.

"Eat up, Ron, you need some home cooking."

He smiled down at his plate and couldn't resist but dig in and eat like a pig.

-

Harry helped Hermione take off her jacket and hung it up for her in the coat closet along with his.

She went upstairs and he watched her. She seemed a bit quiet after they left the station and he was getting worried. He followed her up and already found her turning on the computer in her small study.

"Already you're on there?" he asked sitting down next to her.

She simply nodded and he watched as the screen came on.

"So what did you find?" she asked as she looked over a notepad.

"Well I found a few hotels that were possibly a good price to stay at for the time being. I couldn't find the tickets for the plane. I didn't know what kind you wanted to go on."

"As long as it's first class because from here to Chicago is going to be a good 7 hours possibly and it'll be non-stop flight."

"Are you serious?" Harry asked completely horrified.

"Yeah, but we'll be in first class and you'll have me to keep you company. Plus first class has bigger everything so don't panic. We'll panic when we lose our luggage."

"Great," he said, leaning back.

"Oh Harry, it's not that bad."

"How do you know?"

"Because I've been on a plane before. My parents' took me to France for the holidays while we were in school."

"You never told me that."

"Do I need to tell you everything, Harry?" Hermione asked looking down on the airfare website.

"Yes," he simply and sat back up.

She looked over her shoulder and gave him a look. All he did was just smile.

---

Coming up in Chapter 10:

"You have a girlfriend, Ron?" Harry asked completely surprised yet he had a stupid smile on his face.

"Of course I do, mate. Her name is Lacey Davins and she isn't your natural blonde. She's actually a pretty smart one."

Hermione looked at Ron with her mouth slightly open and sat back.

"Hermione, are you alright?" Ron asked her from across the table.

Harry looked over at Hermione with concern and all she did was smile.

Please, please review. :]

-->