Unofficial Portkey Archive

From London to Chicago by Marauders__x
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

From London to Chicago

Marauders__x

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything Harry Potter related.

[AN]: We'll be seeing Ron in this now with a certain someone. Please keep reviewing guys. I want all your questions to be answered in this story! Thanks for all the reviews.

Chapter Seven: Time to Set Things Straight

Hermione was up really early in the morning. She was currently in her small study right beside her bedroom. Her chair faced the door and her feet were resting on top of the desk.

"But, Mum, I don't know what to do. He's been driving me insane. I know he hasn't been here for awhile but it's just weird of him to come onto me like this."

"Hermione, sweetheart, have you ever yet thought about that maybe he really wants to be with you? That maybe `friends' isn't all you two are?"

"We are friends … best friends and best friends don't have sex together!"

"Wait, you had sex with him?"

"That's not the point, Mum." Hermione sighed heavily and twirled the phone cord aimlessly. "It was just a one night thing."

"What made you two do it then?"

"I feel pretty stupid for saying this but … when I got home from work, I went up to my bedroom, closed the door and there he was standing in front of my closet. Then he asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner and I said I was too tired to and he understood so he started to leave and then I couldn't get my shirt unbuttoned and I was being fussy over it and he wondered if I needed help or anything and I wasn't sure if he should've done it or not so I was like fine you can and I warned him no funny business and … we got carried."

"So a lousy button made you two get on with each other? Hermione it seems to me you lead him on."

"I didn't do anything to him."

"You offered for the help," her mother said in a sing-song voice.

Hermione thought about it and her mother seemed right. If she didn't ask for the help her and Harry wouldn't be acting like this or getting into small fights.

"Let me ask you something. When you kissed Harry … did it seem … right?

"Yes," she answered a little too quickly. "I mean, no, no, ugh … "

Her mother laughed on the other line. "Oh Hermione, it's obvisious that you like him."

"As a friend," she stressed.

"We'll see about that. Now you said he was to come over later on?"

"Yeah so we can talk about everything," she said softly.

"Well, I'll leave you at that then. Call me later on if you want."

"Alright," she said in a heavy sigh and hung up the phone.

Hermione sat there in her chair. She looked at the small clock on her desk which read 8:30. She woke up at least around 6:00 and for her to do that wasn't something right. She was curious what time Harry was going to come.

-

"Hey there, mate, need some help with your baggage?"

Ron Weasley turned around and smirked at his fellow friend.

"Nah thanks though, Andrew."

"Don't you leave until next week?"

"Yeah, but I figured if I come home earlier I get a longer vacation time."

"You going over by your parents' house?"

"Yeah … I feel bad I didn't write to them, telling them I was coming or anything."

Ron closed up his baggage and placed it down on the side of his bed.

"Is the girl going to come along?"

"Who Lacey?"

"Uh, yeah. Who else am I talking about?"

"Maybe some other time. She's the one setting up my portkey anyways."

"If you bring her along now, you get a better chance your family will love her."

"Oh I'm sure they'll love her," Ron said with a smile. "No doubt about that."

A little ring was heard by the front door and Andrew looked over at Ron.

"Want me to get that?" Andrew offered and Ron shook his head.

He walked his way over to the door and was embraced into a hug.

"Lacey!" he said slightly laughing.

She was twirled around by him and was placed down.

"I missed you, Ronald. Is that a problem?"

"Well, yeah, I think so."

"Oh really? And why is that?"

"Because I didn't get a special present from my beautiful girlfriend at the door.

Lacey shook her head at him smiling and kissed him.

Ron wrapped his arms around her and Lacey wrapped her arms around his neck. Andrew came out of Ron's bedroom and he rolled his eyes.

"Alright, alright enough snogging. You can do it in the bedroom if you want."

Ron and Lacey broke apart and looked over at Andrew.

"Shall we?" Ron asked with a smirk and Lacey swatted his arm.

Andrew slightly chuckled and smiled at his two friends.

-

Hermione was in the kitchen making herself lunch now. On the table were papers scattered everywhere. She finally found an outlet in Chicago. She was really excited and it wasn't that bad of a bargain to get it either. She already called up Paula to tell Louis.

She heard the microwave beep and walked over to it, taking out the meal she defrosted. She got herself a fork and walked back over to the table.

"Alright," she muttered to herself as she sat down.

She looked at the papers in front of her and carefully read through the details of the outlet. She noticed there was going to be at least a good 50,000 books she could store in there. The only thing that she loved about the outlet she picked out was it had two floors. The top floor contained the books that were arriving for her and storage.

Her phone started ringing and she did an Accio on it so she wouldn't stand up for it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Hermione," a familiar voice said on the other line.

"Oh … it's you."

"Listen, I was wondering if we could go out later and talk."

"What time?"

"Around 7:30 if that's alright with you."

"That's fine, yeah."

"Alright great, but make sure to bring your coat."

Before Hermione could say anything else, he hung up on her. She shrugged and turned off the phone. She noticed in his voice he was nervous and she didn't blame him.

-

After hours of doing paper work on the outlet, Hermione had everything finished. Everything was filled out and ready to go to the owner. She felt accomplished, but now her biggest task was something way bigger to accomplish.

Hermione didn't even bother to change. She just stayed in what she was wearing. It was already 7:30 and no sign of Harry. She sighed heavily and wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. Just thinking about it made her even more nervous than ever.

Finally the doorbell rang and she made her way through the hallway, coat on and everything, and opened the door.

Both of them just looked at each other until Harry spoke up.

"You ready?"

Hermione nodded and closed the door behind her, casting a locking charm.

"So where exactly are we going?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I thought that maybe we could take a walk."

Both of them stayed silent until Hermione spoke up. This wasn't going anywhere until someone talked about it.

"I want to talk first," she said and looked over at Harry.

"Be my guest," he said and swallowed hard, not knowing what was about to come out of her mouth.

"All I want to say is … I'm scared. I'm scared of what might happen to us. I'm scared that maybe we'll end up not being friends anymore. That I won't have your trust, friendship, care … it just scares me."

"Why are you scared about that?" Harry asked, holding her hand.

"I don't know, Harry. I mean, all the things we've done already frightens me. I don't want to get hurt or anything in the end," she said looking up at him.

"I promise you I will never hurt you like that."

"I know you won't … I just need time to think. To me I think we're rushing don't you think?"

"I mean, you've only been back now for what … 3 or 4 days and we already had sex."

Harry didn't want to comment on the sex thing. He knew he'd be hexed.

"All I'm saying is that I want to take this seriously. I don't want to get hurt."

Harry squeezed her hand and she looked up at him.

"We'll take it slow if you want, but I want you know to that I care about you more than anything." Harry stopped walking and just looked down at her. "I love you," he whispered.

"I wouldn't do anything to hurt you because it'll hurt me."

Hermione looked up straight into his face and knew he was seriously telling the truth. She knew he wouldn't do anything stupid around her.

"I'm scared if I love you more then you love me," she said softly.

Harry smiled down at her and kissed her forehead gently.

"Don't be scared about that. I'll love you back more then you know."

"Really?"

Harry simply nodded and embraced Hermione into a hug.

"You know I'll always love you."

"I know," she whispered and a tear fell down her cheek. "But promise me that I can have some time to think."

"Anything for you, love. Anything for you …"

Hermione smiled and hugged him tighter.

"Thank you, Harry."

Both of them broke apart and looked at each other.

"I have the urge to do something, but I think I might need your permission first."

Hermione looked at him confused. "What is that?"

Harry leaned down and whispered in her ear, "If I can kiss you one last time."

She looked at him as he stared down at her. Without even thinking, she grabbed his face gently and kissed him. Harry immediately wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer. Their mouths moved together until it turned into something passionate. Hermione wanted it to last for Harry.

Finally after a few minutes of being like that, both of them broke away at the same time and looked down. They were out of breath completely.

"Hermione, you better be thinking fast if I were you," Harry said and leaned his forehead against hers.

Hermione nodded slightly and laughed a little.

"I think I will be," she said softly.

Harry smiled down at her and kissed the tip of her nose.

"That's wonderful news."

Coming up in Chapter Eight:

"You know what I'm thinking?" Harry said, looking down at the form.

"What are you thinking?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I think we both need to be packing."

Hermione smiled at him and shook her head. "But Ron's coming in tomorrow!"

"Who said we'd be leaving right away?"

Please, please, PLEASE review! I think Chapter 8 is going to be a little longer.

-->