Unofficial Portkey Archive

Undefined: Chronicles of My Relationship With Harry Potter by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Undefined: Chronicles of My Relationship With Harry Potter

lillyfan16

Jealousy

Where do I go on from here? We were just two teens crushing on each other. We hung out constantly. He really liked kissing me. The kisses were all much better after those first five. I let him initiate them from now on. We still hung out with all our other friends: Ron, Neville, Seamus, Dean, Ginny, and everyone else. That was all the same. But everything changed. This was a first relationship for both of us. We started to spend more time alone as well.

According to others, we spent too much time alone, even when we weren't really "alone." A group of us would hang out, but I guess Harry and I would seclude ourselves away from everyone else in a way. Ginny complained to me constantly about how I ignored her whenever Harry was around.

I didn't mean to.

It was a total accident.

Her conduct confused me because she always pushed me towards him, saying we would make a great couple.

It was a new thing for us, why couldn't she accept it? She had other friends. Why did she have to have my attention all the time?

"You were my best friend, Hermione! Ever since you got with Harry, you've changed! WE were supposed to have a Girl Day today, remember!? NO boys! ALL DAY LONG! Just us girls! But no…we just HAD to meet up with Harry at Hogsmeade!"

"Ginny, there were plenty of other girls with us. I talked to Harry for what, FIFTEEN minutes!? What's fifteen bloody minutes in a whole day?!" I argued back.

"That's not the point!"

"Are you telling me you girls couldn't entertain yourselves for less than twenty minutes without me?! I'm sorry, but he's not only my boyfriend, but a best friend as well! I'm not going to ignore him all day long!"

I couldn't believe her behavior. It had been ridiculous. After that fight with her, I honestly thought I may have lost a really good friend. I couldn't understand her reaction then. Harry was first and foremost my best friend. Had we not been dating, I still would have stopped to say hi to him.

Ginny was jealous.

Maybe jealous isn't the right word.

To her, I was a best friend.

To me, she was a really good friend.

She thought she was losing a best friend to Harry. I don't think she understood Harry was my best friend, not her. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl to death, just…Harry was my first friend at Hogwarts. I'm closer to him than I am to anyone else.

I wasn't sure she'd get over it.

She didn't have a boyfriend herself, so I don't think that helped matters.

I told Harry about my row with Ginny. He listened like any good friend would, and apologized because he felt it was his fault.

Silly boy.

Nothing was his fault. Everything I did was my choice. Ginny was just in fear. She'd get over it. And if she didn't, then she wasn't a very good friend to begin with.

Needless to say, she got over it about a week later.

That's how girls are, I tried to explain to Harry. Half of us are bitches, even secretly to our best friends. We may say we wish the best for them, but if the "best" is better than what we have, our wishes aren't very sincere.

If there's any difference I've come to learn between boys and girls in my experiences, it's this:

Girls don't mind if things go well for you, as long as things are going better for them. Guys don't care and don't compare looks and other things nearly as much. They are a lot more unified than girls.

Maybe that's why I've always had Harry and Ron as best friends.

They're much more loyal than any girl friend I could have.