Unofficial Portkey Archive

Undefined: Chronicles of My Relationship With Harry Potter by lillyfan16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Undefined: Chronicles of My Relationship With Harry Potter

lillyfan16

No Fairytale Dream Guy

I realized early on in this relationship this was not a fairytale.

As a young girl, I always dreamed of my knight in shining armor coming in and sweeping me off my feet. He'd prove his worth, we'd fall in love, and live happily ever after. That's how love is, right?

Wrong.

Romance novels and "chick flicks" I've seen told me I should play hard to get and make him work for my love.

I didn't play hard to get. I loved him as a friend for too long to mess with his head with stupid immature mind games. I didn't even know how to play hard to get. He knew how I felt. I wore my heart on my sleeve for all to see whenever he was around.

In the beginning of our relationship, I was a little apprehensive because this was not how it was in the movies. Our first disastrous kiss proved that. But whenever I saw him, I forgot all about the formalities of how love was supposed to go. I soon decided love was not portrayed right in the movies and television shows. And if it was…then that's just not how love worked for me. I had to work with what was given to me.

He's not perfect.

The model boyfriend is flawless. He would be the star player in a big sport. He would be popular. He would be tall, dark, and handsome. The nicest guy everyone knew. He would have the perfect body, with the perfect hair, and perfect straight teeth.

Harry has flaws. He often shares too much information with me. He has no shame when it comes to talking about what goes on in the restroom or the his male body parts. He is the star player on the Quidditch team though. His popularity often varies. One minutes he's an insane boy, and the next he's the Savior of the Wizarding World. He's not very tall, maybe four or five inches taller than I am. His complexion isn't pale, but when he gets some sun, he often burns. I think he would eventually tan if he was in it long enough. His looks aren't considered "killer" to most girls, but he's absolutely beautiful to me. He sometimes has acne somewhere on his face. He's a nice guy, but can act like a jerk to people some times. His body isn't perfect. He isn't toned. His muscles don't bulge. He has slight stretch marks on his sides from growing. He has a six pack; I've felt it before. It's not visible though. A layer of fat covers it. His dark hair is always messy. His teeth are perfectly straight though…but aren't always white.

But I adore his teeth.

And I love his always-messy dark hair. It's kinda bumpy and feels nice when I play with it.

And his soft belly. It's comfortable to lay my head on.

I love his imperfect body. His light complexion and even his acne doesn't bother me.

I get upset sometimes when he acts like a jerk to people, but it's never to me, so I don't mind too much. He always realizes his behavior and apologizes. Sometimes it's sincere, other times I think he just does it for me.

I don't care that he's not tall. Our heights compliment nicely. He doesn't have to lean down too much to kiss me.

I don't mind he's not the most popular guy in the world. I just hate when people look down on him when he doesn't deserve it. It pisses me off.

I love that he plays Quidditch. I hate watching sports. I love watching him though.

I used to get weirded out when he told he had to "go take a crap" or "he realized while he was taking a crap that" or "he was laughing so hard he puked in the washroom sink." When he first told be he had a rash on his butt, I raised my eyebrows in alarm. It was all rather uncouth of him to tell me all this.

Now I don't mind.

I love he's comfortable enough to tell me these kinds of things. I love that he's comfortable enough to let me share things with him as well, especially when he asks me about them.

Like my period. He's so ignorant of the female body. I love the curiosity he has, even when he's asking uncomfortable questions.

He's not perfect.

He's not the ideal dream guy.

But he makes me smile.

His mere voice brightens my day.

His perverted words make me laugh as well as roll my eyes.

I can't begin to describe what he does to me.

I realized he doesn't have to be the perfect guy.

His imperfections make me love him even more. They make him different from every other bloke.

They make him Hermione's Perfect and Ideal Guy.

Right so, I just wanted to let everyone know reviews AREN'T unwelcome. I actually love them. And would really appreciate a few. I also just want to address something real quick as well.

This story is different. This story is weird. Some might even say this story is OOC. Okay, I'll go with you on all of that. BUT, in my defense, let me say this story is about what REAL love is. What real, TEENAGE love is. There are lots of stories on PK that, in my personal opinion, portray the love as too mature. I realize that is the kind of Harry/Hermione love everyone loves so much. But is it actually realistic? In my experience, love is not like that at all. I realize the HP characters had to grow up fast, but that doesn't mean everything about this is mature. Love takes time to mature. I really hate when stories have the couple "suddenly realize their in love" because "Hermione has just always been there for Harry" and because of this, the two of them need to just "go shag right this very second!" Oh honestly, let's not be ridiculous. You don't say "I love you" one minute and jump in bed the next.

Anyway, sorry…I just wanted to mention that. I know lots of people won't like my story because it's not the cliché Harry/Hermione relationship we all love, but…well…that's okay. I'm just trying to portray how imperfect yet powerful love is.

For those of you who agree with me, "right on!"

For those of you who don't, well, I'm sorry you were so unlucky where you didn't/don't get to experience how amazing the mistakes/imperfections in love are/can be!

Er…that's it, I suppose.

Please review!

*~Archie~*