Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year

Harry85

Disclaimer: Not mine. I wish it were so we would have had HHr, but alas it's JK Rowling's.

A/N: My reply to the challenge issued by PJ, you can find it here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26635 . This story will start right after fifth year, and it will involve sex, some blood, and such, so this is why it is rated NC17. I hope you'll enjoy it, I think this is the most complex challenge I've ever dared to reply to, so I sincerely hope I'll be able to pull it off well.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year

Chapter Twenty-six: Curing the Lycanthropy

The betrayal of the two redheads put behind them, they finally managed to get some results in the research of a cure for the Lycanthropy. It had taken the four friends three weeks of experimenting, cutting to pieces the DNA of Samantha that they got from her blood cells, trying to understand what genes were responsible for the changes of the Lycans when they were exposed to the full moon, as those were the only genes they wanted to eliminate, while the others regarding the additional physical strength, the ability to regenerate and their sexual drive were to remain.

It wasn't an easy feat, because once they managed to isolate the searched genes, they needed to come up with a way to delete them from a grown Lycan. Snape's skill as potion maker was important in that phase.

Harry and Hermione had assisted him in the various attempts but till now the blood cells never responded to treatment, their DNA never changing or if it did, it was with unpredictable results in the cell life. They had also asked Samantha for another piece of her bone marrow, putting it in an environment where it could work just like it does inside the body. Harry had guessed that if they could change the way the bone marrow produced the cells, then they could have the cure, so it was the ematopoietic and staminal cells that they might need to work on.

This proved to be the decisive breakthrough, as manipulating the DNA in the staminal cells was easier to do. Hermione also made an important suggestion when she guessed they might just have to make the "guilty" genes ineffective, instead of erasing them from the DNA, which had resulted in unstable cells in their earlier attempts.

Keying a Numbing potion to that particular gene, they were pretty sure they would stop the transformation from human to wolf. Now they only needed to make it a life-lasting effect, or at the very least month-lasting so that the Lycans would have to take the potion only once a month, but that was the lesser of the problems, Snape told them.

"In fact, I've finished the modified potion for the Lycan Blood Shield. I'd like to test it now" he announced to them, so the three went through the same routine of a couple weeks earlier. This time like the first one the shield protected Harry completely, and when they made the second attempt two hours later, Hermione held her breath as Snape raised his wand to perform the most damaging spell.

"Lacero Seorsum!" he cried, as happened earlier, the extensive ripping on Harry's shoulder and arm healed in a matter of seconds.

Hermione squealed with joy, before meeting Snape's gaze and blushing for her girlish attitude, while Harry simply smiled.

The older man dismissed them for the night, claiming he should have the long lasting potion for the Lycanthropy cure ready in a week or so.

"This will allow us to give it to either Lupin or Miss Danglenor before this full moon and see if he/she changes or not" the Potions Master said, and the two teens nodded.

"Will we bring them here, or will we perform the test at the headquarters?" Harry asked out of curiosity.

"That is something the headmaster will have to decide, so let's not worry about it for the moment, Potter. Now, if the two of you were to leave me alone, I'm sure you can find some activity to entertain yourselves" he commented, giving them a small smirk as they both blushed scarlet red and hastily left to reach Gryffindor Tower.

"Was he teasing us?" Harry said, his eyes wide, as they walked through the portrait hole.

"I think he was" Hermione confirmed with a small smile, pleased that the man wasn't so outright awful to Harry anymore. All in all, this ordeal with Remus' genetic disorder had proved to be a blessing, allowing them to cure him, help Harry prove himself to Snape, produce a regenerating shield that would keep Harry safe in battle, and now was allowing them to find a cure for the standard Lycanthropy without erasing the positive effects of the condition, which should grant them the support of at least part of the pack in the upcoming war.

As they sat on the couch for some quality time before heading to bed, Harry mentioned that she should get a blood shield too, otherwise he wouldn't allow her anywhere near the battlefield.

"What?" Hermione shrieked.

"Mione, I know you can take care of yourself, better than me probably, so don't think it is because I don't believe you're able in a duel. You can be deadly when you want to be, I know that. In fact, it's my own safety that I fear for, because I would be too distracted by worrying about how you are to be fully concentrating on the battle" he said.

Hermione knew he wasn't in the least concerned for himself, but only for her, so his attempt at sounding egoistical was lost on her, still the fact he knew she was able in a fight but still wanted to protect her gave the brunette yet more proof of just how much he cared for her, if there was need of one.

"Ok" she agreed, before cradling his face in her hands and kissing him softly.

--

In the following days, Snape performed the series of curses on Harry again, without him renewing his shield, and it lasted. They knew now that it would last at least a week, but probably more as it gave no signs of fading.

--

Dumbledore had decided that even with the administering of the Wolfsbane potion, it was better to conduct the test at Grimmauld Place, so Remus and Samantha were placed in two different cages that night, one in front of the other, both exposed to the full moon. Remus had been given the potion which should numb his transformation genes adding it to the Wolfsbane, but as a precaution he had asked to be locked into a cage too, so Snape conjured one for him.

Then, Harry, Hermione and Snape left, to avoid any kind of risk. When the full moon finally bathed the cages with its light, from the dungeon they were in howling could be heard, as the transformation began, the body of the Lycan covering itself with fur of the same colour of the person's hair, bones adjusting to a wolf-like form, but still keeping a mostly human shape, their eyes becoming wolf-like too, and their heightened senses at their maximum.

It was a few hours later that the two teens and Snape decided to check on how things were going down there.

Cautiously entering the room, Snape first, then Harry and finally Hermione, who good-naturedly rolled her eyes at him for his protective attitude, they were amazed to see Samantha transformed, curled in a corner of her cage, sleeping peacefully, her human form still clearly recognizable, and Harry could easily guess that she was a very attractive woman, if the heavy curves of her fur-covered body were a hint.

Then they turned to Remus' cage, and found him looking at them amused, in his human form.

"You've not changed" Harry pointed out, and his old Professor let out a chuckle. "No, I haven't, as you can see. The cure works, Harry, and this will be a huge help with the war. Will you and Hermione ever cease to amaze me, to amaze all of us?" the man said, moving in his cage to step closer to them.

"Well, we could release you now" Hermione suggested, and Remus' eyes turned to her. Harry watched his professor roam his eyes up and down Hermione's body, then force them closed.

"I don't think it's wise, Hermione" the older man finally sighed. "The cure stops the transformation, but not the even higher sexual drive a Lycan has on the transformation day. I'd probably end up jumping on you the moment the door of the cage is open" he admitted. "This is something you might want to tinker with a bit more"

The three nodded, and left.

"Good night then, Remus" Harry said, being the last to leave the room.

"Good night, Harry" his father's best friend greeted back with a sincere smile that the boy returned.

--

The next morning Harry, Hermione and Snape, who had all slept at Grimmauld for the rest of the night, greeted Samantha and Remus for breakfast. The female Lycan was quite sore, her regenerating ability could ease the pain and heal the scars but a certain soreness remained for at least the whole day after the transformation.

After a cup of tea, some bacon and eggs that Molly had cooked, and some pancakes and toast, the three Flooed back to the Headmaster office at Hogwarts, where they reported how the experiment had gone to Dumbledore.

"Mmh, I see. So the cure is basically ready, it just needs a couple of corrections. This can prove interesting. I shall talk with Remus to organize a trip to visit the pack for him and Samantha soon" the headmaster said. "Severus, I trust you will inform me if new information on Voldemort's plan to attack the school shall arise?"

"Of course, sir" the Potion Master nodded.

"Very well, then. Harry, Hermione, I believe your Transfiguration lesson is about to start, and you will arrive on time if you leave now" Dumbledore said, and both teens recognized the dismissal and with a last nod they left, descending the spiralling staircase, and quickly making their way to the Transfiguration classroom.

They sat near each other mere moments before Professor McGonagall arrived, and commenced her lecture about Animagi.

--

With all the experiments they had had to do for the cure, Harry and Hermione had had relatively little time for each other lately. That night, he vowed to right that situation, and sent her a note in the afternoon to meet him in the Room of Requirements at dinner time.

She smiled, wondering what he had planned for her this time, and quickly showered, before dressing with a pair of tight black jeans from D&G, a gift from her mother, and a pink shirt. She then styled her hair in soft curls cascading on her shoulders, she knew Harry loved when she wore her hair that way, plus he seemed to have a fascination with her bum, thus the tight jeans.

If she was honest with herself, Hermione had always thought her round bottom was one of her best features, along with her long legs. When she was with Harry, though, he managed to make her feel like every single inch of her skin was the most beautiful thing in the world, and she couldn't help but giggle to herself as she thought how perfect her boyfriend was.

She put on her robes just for the trip from the common room to their meeting place, and when she let them fall on the couch the room had conjured, she knew Harry would be speechless.

She was right, and the way his eyes were glued to her form made her feel incredibly sexy. However, the boy wasn't the only one surprised. The room was candle-lit, with a table for two, soft music playing in the background and a bottle of chilled champagne on the table.

"I wanted this night to be special, since we have had little time for ourselves lately" he said, guessing her awed look for what it was.

"You're wonderful, Harry" she beamed at him, and he grinned back.

They sat, and immediately a meal made of rare and delicious dishes like lobster, oysters, and such, appeared. They ate quietly, chatting amiably and now and then holding hands over the table. Both were completely wrapped up in each other, their passionate stares testifying of their deep love.

After dinner, the room changed and provided them with a nice living room, with some Muggle electronics too, of course the room made them magic-resistant, so they snuggled on the couch, watching a movie. There was an ample choice, ranging from action movies to horrors to romantic comedies or funny ones. Harry let Hermione choose, and she surprisingly chose an action movie.

"I love Nicolas Cage" she explained when she noticed him looking at her with his eyebrows raised.

"I thought girls would only choose chick flicks" he retorted, tickling her sides, and she scoffed.

"Most girls do, Harry, but I'm not most girls" she reminded him. He pulled her close kissing her deeply.

"Don't I know that" he huskily whispered, making her shiver.

Once the ending credits rolled on the TV, a comfy double bed appeared, and now it was Hermione's turn to question his motives.

"No need to get mad, I just wanted to be able to wake up with you in my arms for once" he explained, and Hermione's heart melted for the umpteenth time at his sweetness.

"I love you, Harry" she murmured against his lips, and felt him smile.

"I love you too, Mione" he said, leading her to the bed, where they quickly discarded their clothes, and slipped in, covered by only their underwear.

Hermione decided that he deserved a reward for the wonderful evening, so she slipped one hand into his boxers, and started stroking him.

"And I'm the naughty one, uh?" he protested before the sensations became too much for him to form a coherent sentence.

Few moments later, Hermione engulfed him in her wet mouth, bobbing her head up and down, and Harry grabbed the sheets in his hands, pushing himself more inside her mouth, till his tip touched the back of her throat.

When she felt he was about to come, she stopped, and quickly unclasped her bra, and slid her damp panties down her legs, tossing them in a corner, then she impaled herself on him, a long, deep groan escaping her lips as his shaft slid in to the hilt. Slowly, she started moving up and down, Harry's hands on her hips, her head thrown backwards, and her lips forming a small O, silently screaming in her building ecstasy.

Picking up the pace, they both started moving faster, their orgasms nearing, and Hermione bent down to capture his lips, muffling her scream as finally her release washed over her, before she collapsed, spent, on his side.

Their breaths ragged, both smiled at each other, then Harry pulled her to him, holding her tight to his chest, the soft mounds of her breasts squeezed between them, as they blissfully fell asleep, tired but satisfied.

-->