Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year

Harry85

Disclaimer: Not mine. I wish it were so we would have had HHr, but alas it's JK Rowling's.

A/N: My reply to the challenge issued by PJ, you can find it here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26635 . This story will start right after fifth year, and it will involve sex, some blood, and such, so this is why it is rated NC17. I hope you'll enjoy it, I think this is the most complex challenge I've ever dared to reply to, so I sincerely hope I'll be able to pull it off well.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year

Chapter Twenty-seven: A Deal

It took Snape few days to make the necessary changes so that on the day of the "transformation" also the higher sexual allure would be tamed, and finally the Order was ready to try and make a deal with the pack. Of course, Remus and Samantha would be the ones to conduct the negotiations.

On a Saturday morning, Dumbledore called Harry and Hermione in his office, where the teens found Snape and the two Lycans waiting for them, some vials of potion on the Headmaster's desk.

"Harry, Hermione, so kind of you to join us" Dumbledore greeted them. "As you know, today Remus and Samantha will attempt to convince the Lycans to join us. I would be a fool if I thought all of them would accept, but I am confident many will be attracted by the possibility of being cured from their monthly transformation, if they can keep the good qualities that come with the condition. Only the most vicious of the Lycans enjoy the full moon nights, because they go hunting, killing innocent people. But then, there are evil ones also amongst us who are not affected by this illness, as we very well know" he said, his eyes twinkling. The reference to Voldemort and his Death Eaters wasn't lost on anyone of those in his office.

"I would like for you and Severus to accompany them, since you three are those who identified and created the cure. You might be able to better answer questions on it, if they shall arise" Dumbledore explained. "Which is why I chose a Saturday for this mission, since none of you has lessons to attend or teach"

Harry and Hermione immediately agreed, and a few minutes later they found themselves spinning in the familiar Portkey travel. When they finally landed, Hermione graciously did so on her feet, while Harry stumbled, falling on his bottom.

The brunette couldn't help a little giggle at his predicament, while Snape smirked at him, but not in an evil way, and Remus and Samantha just laughed.

Harry hastily got up grumbling something that sounded like "I'll never get the hang of Portkey travelling"

As they walked toward an inn, Hermione took his hand in her own, entwining their fingers together, and the simple gesture immediately brightened his mood.

The building was dark, and full of people. Remus and Samantha escorted Harry and the others to the front of the room, while stares followed them.

Remus cleared his throat, and then after casting a Sonorus charm on himself, he started speaking. He was a bit nervous, it was the first time he had come to a pack meeting in a long time. He didn't really condone such things, which isolated the Lycans even more from the unaffected wizards and witches.

"Brothers werewolves" Remus started, and Harry and Hermione were surprised, being by now accustomed to calling him and Samantha Lycans, but she didn't seem to mind. In fact, Remus had explained to her that proposing a cure to the pack was a shock in itself, so they would start working the "Lycan, not werewolf" campaign later. This had the highest priority, so for that day Samantha let Remus use the word she despised so much.

"I'm sure you all know who I am, and that many of you consider me a traitor because I rarely come to pack meetings" Remus continued, and he was right, many were glaring at him. "I'm here today though, and with good news for all of you. My friends Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Severus Snape" he continued, motioning for the three of them to join him, "have developed a cure for our condition. A potion that hinders our transformation, but doesn't remove our good qualities, like the added strength, the ability to regenerate, the heightened senses and the higher sexual drive, too, of course" he ended with a smile, and a few cackles and laughs were heard in the room. Remus then turned serious again, continuing to explain how the cure worked.

Actually, he gave a basic outline, adding that he would let the creators of it explain the details, and when he motioned for Harry to speak, someone protested.

"He's not one of us! He has no right to speak at a pack meeting" a few voices were heard. Samantha stepped in.

"I am one though. If you would like, I could explain it to you, but I believe it would be better to let the inventor answer your questions" she suggested, glaring at the few who were opposed to Harry speaking.

The tension was growing, everyone could feel it. In the end, the majority of the pack agreed to let Harry speak.

When he, Hermione and Severus had finished their lecture, keeping it the simplest possible, Remus took the lead again.

"So, we are here today to propose a deal to all of you. Join the Order of the Phoenix in its quest to bring Voldemort down, and you will be able to have the cure. I know he has promised you power, blood, killings, but I'm also aware that only a few of you condone his methods. Here is your chance to live a normal life, with the added perks we discussed before, and enjoy your rightful position in our society. Do not forget how Voldemort broke his promise once already, during his first reign"

Loud whispering could be heard, while the Lycans discussed the deal offered to them. Harry held Hermione close, hoping they would accept, and also ready to protect her should a crazy Lycan decide to attack them. He had, after all, the blood shield that she still hadn't gotten for herself.

Minutes passed, and even Snape could be seen nervously fidgeting with his robes as they waited for the response. Remus and Samantha were watching their similar with interest, and a mild frown because they still hadn't reached an agreement. Both thought the possibility to get rid of the monthly transformation would be a huge chance that any Lycan should immediately seize, but it seemed the pack had grown so used to it that they didn't see it as such a big deal. Or maybe they did, but were cautious about giving away what they had, maybe fearing the good qualities of their condition wouldn't really remain.

"If you need a demonstration that the positive abilities won't be erased, we can provide it to you. I've already taken the potion, and the last month I didn't transform, so if any of you would like to try and arm me, you'll find I can regenerate all the same. Professor Snape, if you wish" Remus said, and Snape nodded, raising his wand. He cast the same curse he used to test Harry's shield, and a deep gash opened on Remus' shoulder and arm. It was healed three seconds after it had opened.

"Wicked!" someone whispered, and the muttering resumed, this time a bit more awed from what Harry could understand.

Finally, the Alpha male came forward. "Remus Lupin, you brought us new hope today. I can't say all of us will follow Dumbledore and his Order, of which we know you are part of, but I can give you my word that the majority of the pack will" he said, shaking Remus' hand.

The old DADA professor smiled. "That is what I was hoping for" he admitted, and the deal was sealed. Hermione, being the overzealous witch she was, provided a magical contract to be signed, and the Alpha male raised his eyebrows at her.

Remus chuckled, and shook his head. "That won't be necessary, Hermione. Werewolves honour their world to their death. This handshake will be far more binding than any magical contract you can devise" he explained, and the brunette blushed at having been found at fault, stepping back to Harry's side. He pulled her close and whispered kind words into her ear to reassure her that she couldn't have known.

--

Ten minutes later, the last details of the deal being refined, the five Portkeyed back to the Headmaster's office. Dumbledore was there, waiting for them, and this time Harry managed not to fall holding onto the desk, still his landing was far from perfect. He grumbled again under his breath.

Remus reported how the meeting went to the older wizard, who nodded, satisfied. "I expect some of them will now leave the pack and go take the Dark Mark" the headmaster mused, "but we have most of them on our side. This is better than I could have expected only a few months back, and it is all your doing, Harry, Hermione" he praised the two teens. "And Severus, of course. Without your potion making skills, all that Mr. Potter and Miss Granger here theorized would be useless"

The Potion Master nodded curtly at the acknowledgement.

The six of them discussed the meeting with the Lycans some more, and then Harry and Hermione were left to go enjoy their Saturday. Since it was almost lunch time, they headed to the Great Hall, hoping to catch up with Neville and Luna and tell them about the deal, but their two friends were nowhere in sight.

"Of course. Today is an Hogsmeade weekend, they will have gone to the village" Hermione remembered, and Harry nodded.

"Well, then, what about a small trip to the kitchens so we can get some sandwiches and then we head to the lake for a picnic in this nice weather?" Harry suggested. The brunette was a bit hesitant about loading the Elves with more work, but in the end she caved in, and they had their picnic basket ready in two minutes time, once they got to the kitchens.

Dobby was more than happy to help them, and the pair ended up with much more food than they needed. Harry couldn't help chuckling.

"Dobby never changes, he's always fascinated with me for some reason" he noted, and Hermione beamed at him. "That's because you freed him" she said.

Harry knew what she was getting at, and corrected her. "Because I freed him from the Malfoys" he underlined. "Elves like to serve kind masters, Hermione" he reminded her, and she frowned.

"That's because they don't know freedom!" she protested, and Harry sighed.

"Sweetheart, I don't want to spoil the afternoon with a row over elves, ok? But take Hogwarts elves for example. If they don't want to be freed like Dobby but remain here at Hogwarts with a kind master like Dumbledore, that should mean something, don't you think? He even offers to pay them, and they constantly refuse, except for Dobby, who's treated like an outcast by the rest of them"

Hermione grudgingly had to accept his explanation. "I just wish they could be free" she mumbled, leaning on his shoulder and picking one of the sandwiches Dobby had prepared for them.

--

Meanwhile, in Hogsmeade, Neville and Luna were strolling hand in hand through the village. "I wonder what Harry and Hermione were up to, this morning. I spotted them heading toward Dumbledore's office" Neville mused.

"I'm sure it was something about that cure for the Lycans" Luna said in her usual tone. "They were successful in their attempt to stop the transformation, remember? They told us a couple days ago. Maybe the headmaster wanted a report on that or something" she said.

"I guess they will tell us when we get back from the village" he agreed, effectively concluding that topic of conversation. "Right now, I can think of much more pleasant activities for you and me" he huskily added then, pulling her close. She giggled, cupping his face in her hands for a kiss.

"You naughty boy" she playfully admonished him when they parted, but from her sparkling blue eyes he knew she was just teasing him.

"And you love me for that" he retorted before kissing her neck, as they stepped into a deserted alley for a bit of privacy.

"You bet I do" she sighed, burying her hands in his hair, and letting him continue his ministrations. He slid an hand under her top, caressing her skin till he met her bra, and cupped her breast through it, kissing her again.

It was astounding, really, how they had never seen each other as more than friends the previous year, but since the summer they had been inseparable, and how both couldn't get enough of the other.

"M-Maybe we should continue this at the castle" Luna suggested, panting, as he slid his other hand on her leg, upwards, caressing her thigh and playing with the sides of her panties, teasing her.

"I'm sure no one will spot us here" he said, casting a Disillusionment Charm on them, and coupling it with a Silencing one.

And so they had sex in the open, and none of the passing by students or inhabitants of the village was the wiser.

--

"Lestrange! Dolohov!" the Dark Lord hissed. "What can you tell me? Did your mission have success?"

Both Death Eaters bowed, and Bellatrix was the first to speak. "Yes, Master, we managed to breach the school defences. When the kids got themselves expelled, they had already weakened them enough in the Forest for us to complete the work. We will be able to get inside the grounds from there" she explained.

"Very well. We will strike soon then, and who cares if the werewolves chose to join the old fool, we will crush them too" Voldemort hissed, his red eyes gleaming in the scarcely lit chamber.

-->